PDA

View Full Version : Testament's Scythe

Zeruda
06-02-2003, 09:32 PM
=^_^= I'm sorry for annoying you all... but...I was wondering.. how exactly should I go about making Testament's [from Guilty Gear] giant scythe. I need it to be rather light [as I am not only weak, but I plan on learning how to swing it e_e; hopefully...] I was thinking about making it out of light wood and stuff.. but - has anyone ever had any bad experiences with something like that? Should I make it out of that Polystrene/Plastic sheeting stuff?

Once again :) I am sorry for taking up a whole thread for this >_<

Vashu
06-02-2003, 09:38 PM
testament *glomps* *-*
i am making my scythe of wood (i don't remember the name), but it has gotten too big (i mean, it is i the real proportion) and i am having serious trouble to fix it in the handle/pole/whatever is the name of it

Zeruda
06-02-2003, 10:30 PM
:) cool.. can you upload piccies when you get done?
I was thinking about slimming the blade down a little, I have a tendancy to always modify my costumes like that >_>;; Besides, since I'm doing the red alternate color version [where the scythe is sliver], I can use it again like that for Death from Castlevania..... or, um... Duo.... o_o
How exactly are you/have you tried fixing it to the pole?

Nightmare
06-03-2003, 03:12 AM
For putting in on the pole/connecting. I would suggest using a poxy glue. That is what I am using on my Soul Edge. It is amizingly strong, can hold up about 1000lbs. Roughly 450 Kg. And it's waterproof. :) I would like to see some pics of your guys costumes when you get done. Testament is my favorite character in that game.

Balmung
06-03-2003, 09:32 AM
If you really want a light scythe that you can swing around easily I would suggest a PVC staff grip. PVC because with a little bit of practice you can use a lighter and curve it to the shape that you want. as for the blade I would personally use cut pink foar (the kind used for insulation, mainly because it cuts really easily) Unfortunatly pink foam breaks. You should really coat the finished product the way MonoyashaJLA does. If you ask him I'm sure he'll give you some more info! he's really kewl

Vashu
06-03-2003, 08:26 PM
well, it'll be quite a while untill i can finish my testament costume, 'cuz i was too lazy and it won't be ready until july, and in brazil we'll only have another con in december, and i have only the scythe prototype ready

Mango: i was thinking about making a circular hole in the blade of the scythe and then connect it on the pole, but i've realized that it would slip throught the pole and stuff like that.. i think i'll accept Nightmare's sugestion

Zeruda
06-03-2003, 09:22 PM
Yeah :D I think I can see that working very well - but the pvc thing sounds interesting too, hmmm ;)
I've got an entire free week to work after this one [which is also exam week :/] so, I'll experiment XD
woo hoo ^_^ thanks every-body fer the suggestions!

TheLoneWolf
06-04-2003, 10:49 PM
Ask JyuuSan.....he has a really cool testament scythe!