PDA

View Full Version : possible picnic location - brookfield zoo

Ayaka
06-03-2003, 12:43 PM
Man you guys are gonna start hating me for all these polls . . . anyway, this is to determine whether doing the picnic at Brookfield Zoo would be feasible. So we need to know how many people could/want to go, to see if we can even afford it. (The number of people is going to affect the price.) Saying "yes" to this poll doesn't mean that you've absolutely agreed to go, just trying to gauge interest.

SoulCrash
06-03-2003, 04:08 PM
I have to say maybe cause....

#1. It's much closer than Rockfort
#2. If WE have to pay like more than $50. I'll say, NO, or maybe. If I can get the money that is...
#3. I think it's easier for me to "drive" there, since I don't have to take the highway. If I remember.

edited

oh yeah #4. As long the "people" don't look at me funny. Cause of my costume that I might bring. It's either, GTO or Shirtless Solid Snake... Which one should I bring?

Troppy
06-03-2003, 04:14 PM
Yes. If it's affordable. I LOVE the zoo...it's closer, has lots of great environments for different characters, and....shall I repeat it? IT HAS MONKEYS. :E ...not that that makes a HUGE difference or anything...*whistle*

trekkieb47
06-03-2003, 05:21 PM
Monkeys are the key to this whole thing! That and if I can afford it.

Berry

Iced Green Tea
06-03-2003, 11:17 PM
Hey! It's so close to the Metra too, like a block, so if you can't drive just take the Metra (the way to really fly... haha I took it enough to school!). I am going to check out prices and stuff tomorrow! So hang tight till then. I'll be on right after work (like 6-7pm-ish). And yes, we have a big building of monkeys (275ft by 110 and 5 stories full of em)- a baby 2 yr old too! So cute!

kylash327
06-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Is this closer to Madison, WI than Rockford?

SoulCrash
06-04-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by kylash327
Is this closer to Madison, WI than Rockford?

I don't think so. Brookfield is closer to Chicago. It's like a 45-90 min. drive to Brookfield from Chicago if you don't take the highway. I think...

Troppy
06-04-2003, 01:18 PM
yep, Tropic World! I know Brookfield Zoo like the back of my hand, I go there so often...

btw, Berry, we are SO getting pics together in Tropic World by the monkeys if this ends up at the zoo. You're like...my main monkey man!!! ...lol...

please don't think I'm a creep. I am, but...I try to conceal that fact... o_0

trekkieb47
06-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Hey what can I say, monkeys rock! >_<

Berry

RikkuX
06-04-2003, 01:59 PM
Now when would this trip be?? Yeah, i agree its easier to say "Hey mom, i'm going to the zoo." rather than, "Hey mom, I'm gonna drive to Rockford today - ja ne!' well...when you're 17 its easier to say...and i usually dont say 'ja ne' to my parents...

Troppy
06-04-2003, 02:25 PM
its still the same old picnic, Rikku-chan. August 16 I believe? Is that what won the poll, or is it still going on? It's just another location suggestion for the same event.

CuteButDeadly
06-04-2003, 03:54 PM
I think that the zoo would be a great place. I love the zoo so much. My family has a membership so I would almost definitely be able to go.

RikkuX
06-04-2003, 05:25 PM
OHHH!!!! So no Rockford?! (silent 'woo hoo') cuz now i can make it to the photo shoot!!! YAY!! *dances*

Iced Green Tea
06-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Brookfield Zoo is only 25 min from Chicago. ^.^

kylash327
06-04-2003, 07:09 PM
Anyone near Madison thats going down that I could perhaps get a ride with? ^_^;; Has there been a date decided? I'm moving on June 28th...so kinda busy aroudn then =\

CapsuleCorp
06-04-2003, 07:40 PM
Well, this is all news to me, but if I go, Kylash, I'll give ya a ride. :D What's the deal?

Yui
06-04-2003, 07:43 PM
Man, I miss a few posts and get totally confused. Yes, Brookfield is cool and a bit more accessable (and easier to get a ride to) than Rockford for me. Is this an instead of solution or we planning on doing both?
Anyway, for the zoo, again, it costs to get in as well as we probably should call ahead to see if props/weapons are allowed, what constitues 'public decency' in that area (can guys be shirtless? are FFX2 outfits okay?) and if we're allowed to bring luggage in for costume changes (I know at 6Flags, you aren't allowed to bring much in cuz they think you might be sneaking in outside food or something.)

Iced Green Tea
06-04-2003, 07:52 PM
I know the zoo doesn't mind outside food - people bring it all the time. That's a good question about whether guys can be shirtless or not, I'll have to check. I don't see why we couldn't dress up as anything we want to, though I am still getting info...

kylash327
06-04-2003, 08:14 PM
Thats the one good thing about the Jima costume Im working on from Chobits, FINALLY I dont need to carry a weapon, lol.

Ayaka
06-04-2003, 10:24 PM
And here I am looking FORWARD to weapons costumes . . . heh.

Well, anyway, yeah the other poll, August 16th won as a date.

And yes, I think this would be replacing Rockford, though if the Rockford people would still like to do a picnic, they're welcome to.

Pink Bunnie
06-05-2003, 01:48 PM
Wow okie I missed alot while I was at Akon XD

But yeah Brookfield works granted my local friends still wanna go and I can hitch a ride. Theres plenty of time to figure that out tho ^.^

I'll hafta put a maybe tho cuz its right btwn Otakon and Anime Iowa and btwn now and Anime Iowa I got 5-6 cons to attend. >.<;; So I don't know if I'm gonna be "Dear God no more traveling" or "Yippie time for a break!"

As for Rockford area picnic that'd be kinda silly cuz Project Justice has alreadie hunted each of us town and integrated us into his pool of guinea pigs so we all know eachother...maybe a Madison area one if there were to be two? I still like the House on the Rock idea.

CuteButDeadly
06-07-2003, 12:25 PM
Yay for the August 16th date, I'll have time to make a new costume. Hehehe going to the zoo in costume will be great. I hope I can get a new camera by than, I lost mine at ACen :(

RikkuX
06-07-2003, 10:04 PM
Hey Pink Bunnie, i'm in the same boat as u....is it Otakcon or Anime Iowa....Otakcon or Anime Iowa....er...i dunno!!

ProjectJustice
06-08-2003, 01:41 AM
HMMMM.......
Not to be a jerk or anything but does anyone els think the zoo sounds a lil too grade school?
I cant remember what that zoo is like but most zoos I've been to dont allow you neer the animals (their in cages habitats etc.) and animals can be stinky. And arent most zoos very busy on weekends? I just think it mite be more trouble than its worth, but I guess whatever you kids decide is whats going to happen.
Let the masses decide.
I was thinking the get together would maybe be more relaxing than a hastle. I mite come if Mistress Mel convinces me to.
I would love to meet you all but I'm not sure if I will make it to the zoo.
And yeah monkeys are cool but nothing to write home about.

trekkieb47
06-08-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by ProjectJustice

And yeah monkeys are cool but nothing to write home about.

How dare you sir. :blubber:

Berry

RedPikachu
06-08-2003, 10:39 AM
the zoo rocks! it's cool to appreciate all the animals and the people who work so hard to take care of them!!!! i think it would be a fun place to meet up at!

NekoYasha
06-09-2003, 06:27 PM
does anyone know how close the zoo is to Crystal Lake(Illinosis)???

Little Star
06-11-2003, 02:52 AM
The zoo idea is a resounding YES from my corner! ^_^
We're not supporting members for our health! I love the place! Secially the Reptile House! YAY for Reptiles! ^^;

Jaquii
06-19-2003, 08:13 PM
YES!!!! I've got a membership pass to that Zoo, and it would be awsome to meet up with some of my monkey friends as well as anime/video game otakus! : D

grendizer
06-20-2003, 08:00 AM
Jaquii,

The C^3 group is meeting today. See the "informal" meet thead in the Chicagoland Cosplay Club.

If I remember correctly, I met you on the escalator on Sunday at ACen. I didn't recognize the shiek outfit from behind and I asked you who you were cosplaying. You looked somewhat disgruntled that I didn't know. (I'm sorry, I'm a little knew to the cosplay scene. I wasn't in video game character mode. I was trying to connect you to an anime or manga.)

Ayana
06-20-2003, 09:07 AM
The zoo is within walking distance of my house. I'm definitely in. Too bad I can't go to Mitsuwa today...stupid vacation plans. Oh well, I'll see everyone at the zoo :)

Jacques Strapp
07-11-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm all over that ppl!

syphon390
07-12-2003, 09:13 AM
so um are we going?

RedPikachu
07-13-2003, 06:56 PM
and when is it again?

99Machsoul
07-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Hey, it sounds great! A lot of fun. The monkeys are a major plus. :skidude2:

The downer who doesn't like the monkeys... well, he'd only ruin our fun. We don't need him. :mad:

My friend's Yuna costume won't be done until September and Kakashi until much later but we could come in our Ken and Misato costumes. That's always good anyways. :)

I was just thinking it would be a lot of fun to go to one of those LLNN cosplay picnics. But it's a thousand times better if we make our own. :)

KawaiiMog
07-13-2003, 10:32 PM
Yeah I am really excited about the picnic!

WHO DOESNT LIKE MONKEYS?!?!?!

Sadly, as mentioned before, my yuna costume wont be done until september. Bah. Therefore, I will put my closet cosplay skills to the test and go as Misato.

Monkeys+Misato+Yebisu Beer=Trouble.

Ayana
07-14-2003, 01:19 AM
Soo...once again...when's the date for this? Have we agreed yet? The things I miss when I'm away from the comp a week at a time...

Anyway, it doesn't cost much to get into the zoo, and we have a family membership, too ^^ We were at the zoo today, in fact. Didn't get to see the monkeys, though...

Ayaka
07-14-2003, 01:31 AM
August 16th is the date that won the poll. Again, the current discussion on this topic is in the club forum (go back to the main page and scroll all the way down.)

99Machsoul
07-15-2003, 12:04 AM
Alright, found the forum. Just.. is it the "The "Formal" C three meet... "? I wasn't sure.

Nerve-chan
07-16-2003, 06:10 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I won't be there!
Guess Evann will be debuted at the zoo. . . :(