PDA

View Full Version : Lulu Costume Help

Xx Lulu xX
09-08-2002, 08:38 PM
Hello, i just need to know does anyone have any good ideas on how to attach the fur thats ontop of her vest/shirt..i havent figured it out....

ElfEater
09-08-2002, 09:47 PM
Hmm. What you could to, is make something like a tube top to go underneath the corset. Then, just hand sew the back of the fur onto that, and when you put it on with the corset on top, you wont be able to see the tube top beacuse the fur will overlap it.
With mine, we just make the whole dress, and hand sewed the fur on top of it. But, I dont know how you made yours.. so.. ^^
But, Id try maybe making something like that underneath it, and just hand sewing it on. ^^
Hope that helps.. or am I way off? haha

HuongStar
09-09-2002, 10:52 AM
There is a couple of different ways you can do it but I made my fur into a "stole" that had snaps on the inside and I sewed the other snaps to the actual bodice.

That way, if I need to detach the fur for cleaning, it's much easier. ^_^

Xx Lulu xX
09-09-2002, 04:08 PM
Great Idea!

Xx Lulu xX
09-09-2002, 04:55 PM
I have another question, how would i get the belts on, all teh people i've talked to said that they had an extreamly hard time working on the belts, and getting them to stay on...

Xx Lulu xX
09-09-2002, 08:55 PM
:bouncer: ^^ its me again...i feel so dependant on this site..but i guess thats ok......I just have a simple question about how would i do the top, would i just wear the sleves seperate..cuz it would seem like theres little fabric attactching it to the main top...:bouncer:

Koumori
09-09-2002, 09:23 PM
I was planning to do a Lulu costume, but it just won't work on my body type. I'm too short. Most people seem to create the grey skirt and the belts as one layer, with the belts sewn to the cutaway opening in the skirt. I had thought from looking at the game that they were separate layers, and that's how I was going to do them. I imagine that either way you'd have to hand-sew the belts to whatever base you wanted to use. I'd suggest getting some leatherworking tools - an awl would make life a lot easier when it comes to putting a needle through leather.

As for the sleeves, they don't seem to me to be separate, but they're far enough off the shoulders that you definitely don't have room for sleeve caps of any kind. When you make your muslin, experiment with that to see how you can make it work - remember that the corset will hold the dress in place.

Good luck!

Xx Lulu xX
09-09-2002, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the tips! :bouncer:

TyJILDown
09-09-2002, 10:00 PM
For my Lulu costume I did the following

Fur trim - Basically like a wrap, attached hook and eye closure and wrapped it around my shoulders over the corset and sleeves. It was wrapped tight enough that I had no need to attach it to the rest of my outfit yet still allowed some mobility if necessary.

Sleeves - I made them elastic top to help them stay up and made the costume construction a hell of a lot easier. With the fur wrap on, it's hard to tell everything is separate plus the fur will cover the elastic band.

Belts - I tried doing two layers but it was just WAY too hot. I then modified a two layer look, attached a second layer to the front of the skirt where the opening for the belts would be. I then draped belts across the attached piece of fabric using hot glue and hand sewing.

Xx Lulu xX
09-09-2002, 10:04 PM
^^ Thank you all you guys! You're making my life so much easier! ^^ :bouncer:

Xx Lulu xX
09-09-2002, 10:33 PM
What would i do for shoes...?

TyJILDown
09-10-2002, 12:26 AM
I have the Lulu statue by ArtFX, having this statue was the ONLY way I found out what shoes she wears! She wears strappy heels that are about 3 inches and black.

I know most Lulu cosplayers wore boots but I wore shimmery black/silver heels when I dressed as her. Most important is whatever you're comfortable in but matching with the costume would be a plus, for comfort you may be better off with boot than heels.

HuongStar
09-10-2002, 10:03 AM
Yeah, they gave Lulu some dowdy shoes. @_@

Xx Lulu xX
09-10-2002, 09:45 PM
:bouncer: ^^ im so happy i'm going to start my lulu costume in few weeks....like 2 more and then i can start! I'm so happy...i dun know how i'm gonna hide the construction from my mom.....she's so discouraging about my Cosplay...:( I'll work at my aunts...teehee...