PDA

View Full Version : KosaiKon - the new Philadelphia-area con!!

Oshi
09-08-2002, 09:20 PM
My prayers have been answered! I was looking at JohnBooty's site, and there's that huge, blatant ad for the con.
Yes! Philadelphia-area! Won't even have to get a hotel room, just drive back and forth!
It's May 30-June 1, at the Valley Forge Convention Center, in Valley Forge, PA. About... oh... 20, 30 minutes from the heart of Philly?

Soo... who thinks they might be able to make this one, get new con jumpstarted so it will go every year? ^_^;

Cassandra
09-08-2002, 09:26 PM
*raises her hand* I can get it started!!

OK...OK...I'm the Chair for it. I'm hoping to get things moving along in the next few weeks (assuming the hotel/site actually keeps their promises this time) :D

diqitaldreams
09-08-2002, 11:19 PM
WAI WAI!!!! xD I'm moving to Philly for college soon and I was praying that there was a convention near by. ;_; I'm so relieved. I thought I was going to either travel to NY, NJ or Maryland for a convention. Guess I was wrong. ^_^ Thanks for the information!!! ::sniffletear::

ElfEater
09-09-2002, 12:16 AM
Good luck with the con! ^_^ I'll be sure to go check it out next year, since Ive never been to Philly.

Oshi
09-09-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by diqitaldreams
I'm moving to Philly for college soon
What college? I'm going to Widener.

But, yeah, besides KosaiKon, which is new and gonna be small, all the bigger cons you do have to drive about an hour to get to =/

KuroBara
09-09-2002, 12:37 AM
Where is Valley Forge in relation to NY's Hudson Valley? Not that I even know where I'll be next May >_<

diqitaldreams
09-09-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Oshi

What college? I'm going to Widener.

But, yeah, besides KosaiKon, which is new and gonna be small, all the bigger cons you do have to drive about an hour to get to =/

Art Institute. @_@ Smacked right in the middle of the city. ::twitchtwitch:: Good news is that I checked out the place... ;.; I feel intimidated. ::freshie::

Cassandra
09-09-2002, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by KuroBaraDuelist
Where is Valley Forge in relation to NY's Hudson Valley? Not that I even know where I'll be next May >_<

Valley Forge is about a half hour outside of Philadelphia. (For all you history buffs, Valley Forge is also where George Washington stayed before he marched onto the whole crossing the Delaware thing...so there's tons of historical stuff around to visit as well.)

Umm....I don't know much about NY geography but I'll assume you mean Hudson Valley Community College up by Albany. According to Mapquest, it's about 4 1/2 hours from the college.

Celine
09-09-2002, 10:25 AM
Eeep, you know you guys picked the same weekend at Akon in Dallas? Akon is quite a large convention and draws people from all over the country... I would have liked to attend a con in PA, since that's where I live, but I'll be at Akon next year. Bummer. :\

Cassandra
09-09-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Celine
Eeep, you know you guys picked the same weekend at Akon in Dallas? Akon is quite a large convention and draws people from all over the country... I would have liked to attend a con in PA, since that's where I live, but I'll be at Akon next year. Bummer. :\

Yeah, I know...the weekends are pretty limited. I figured there wouldn't be too much of an impact against a convention across the country ;)

Sami
09-09-2002, 11:09 AM
Oh cool! It's about time Philly got a con! :D Maybe I'll see if I can swing up there next year and join in the fun. ^_^ Good luck on making it an awesome con! *cheers and waves flags*

Oshi
09-09-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by diqitaldreams
...right in the middle of the city... I feel intimidated.
Philly is nothing compared to NYC... I can say that much... It's cleaner and nicer, and less trafficky... still got some one-way streets in some parts of the city though.
Comparing to Baltimore... They're about the same cleanwise, I guess. Didn't see too much of Baltimore.
Washington DC? The nicest of the four... They actually have TREES.

Pfeh. I don't want to live in any city. The suburbs are for me. A nice balance.

diqitaldreams
09-09-2002, 05:26 PM
It's nothing new to me. Just a smaller city. ^^ I have some friends at Philly so...life should be decent there! xD Can't wait for a convention tho -- it'll make me feel much at home.

evilchii
09-15-2002, 10:54 PM
I can't believe it! a real con right outside philly! woo hoo!! i live 10 minutes for philly and that's about 20-30 minutes from valley forge so this means no hotel fees . yay!! i'll make sure to bring all my friends along for this one. this is great thank you!
:crylaugh:

Keurblitz
09-16-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Oshi

Pfeh. I don't want to live in any city. The suburbs are for me. A nice balance.

Ew... suburbs.... I need to live in areas where there's diversity and PLENTY of people even though I hate the crowds... I'm guessing you go for the tress and the birds and such. I go for my polluted air, heavy traffic, and filthy streets.... =) Besides, everything is so convenient when you live in a city. More subway and bus routes, and people can actually WALK to a mall or a supermarket and such...

Ameria
09-22-2002, 06:15 PM
All right! You've just made a friend of mine who said she'd never be able to go to a con VERY HAPPY! ^_^ Now if only I can make it...but think I have a chance! This rules! =D!