PDA

View Full Version : MGS: Metal Gear Solid

fusioncell
01-04-2008, 06:25 AM
Just wondering how many people have done or are looking into doing any MGS Char.?

I am currently working on (early stages) a Grey Fox (the cyber ninja) and how did your costumes go? did people know who you were etc etc? just trying to get some background info on it really. thanks

Summoner Luna
02-02-2008, 10:21 AM
At Katsucon last year, my roommate and I did an MGS cosplay...she was young Ocelot and I was Meryl (weird combination, isn't it? I'm not nearly brave enough for the MGS3 ladies though :D)...we had a few people recognize us.

I wasn't very pleased with my costume, but it was kind of a last minute thing...my roommate doesn't sew at all and on such short notice I didn't have time to make her anything, so she decided to do Ocelot...We lived in an area with a *lot* of military activity, so there were military supply stores just about everywhere you turned around, so we just went out and bought stuff for ours. Hers looked really great, but mine...meh. Meryl's design is so simplistic it almost makes it difficult. Plus I ended up with a really cheap, terrible wig I bought at a costume supply store since the one I'd ordered (which I actually got two weeks before the con, for a different costume) didn't get there in time.

I see MGS cosplays from time to time though, and I at least am always happy to see them :) I think the only people who really recognize MGS characters though are other fans of the game...not like Naruto or Final Fantasy where you don't even need to have seen a box cover to know the characters :)

the LAN warrior
02-02-2008, 10:34 AM
While I love all the Metal Gear threads, there is already one up and running: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=35122&page=233