PDA

View Full Version : Ariel (Litte Mermaid) bangs?

Moonlit_Rose
01-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi! I'm a newbie when it comes to wigs, I've always used my real hair for cosplay, but considering I'm not a redhead and it's her trademark, I definately need a wig for Ariel. However, I'm having a problem figuring out how to do her hair defying bangs/poof correctly. I'm trying to look beyond the side bangs, but try to create as close to her hair design as possible.

I don't think pictures are super vital as I think we all know who Ariel is, but I'll give some that focus on that poof.

Anyone have any tips for creating that poof/swirl/bang thing? I'd really appreciate it!

Narno
01-06-2008, 10:08 PM
I think you should get some red extensions and add them to one side. Then you can blowdry them to one side and fluff them (like you would with normal hair) and hairspray it to death. It should be really easy to do.

ThtGrl13
01-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Mousse! Seriously look at the 80's style hair, sweep bangs to one side and mousse them to make them puff out like that. As used in this picture:

http://www.hairstylescut.com/images/short/short-hair5.JPG

Cherazor
01-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Hmm, I'm not sure, but I don't think mousse works on wigs. I think it's supposed to work with the natural oils in our hair, so putting mousse in a wig would be a waste. Or have I got the wrong end of the stick again?

Ghost613
01-07-2008, 06:43 PM
No, you're on the right side! ^_^
Mousse doesn't work in wigs. Don't try it, you'll be wasting your time.

ThtGrl13
01-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Oh sorry I didn't know that :-( I tried...

phantomthief
01-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Hairspray is just fine though ^.~

~Ari-chan

NyuNyu
01-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Hmm you might look through threads or sites with tips for Aeris (from Final Fantasy VII) style bangs, because that's kind of what she has going on! You want to use hair spray to keep the hair up while adding lots of air in between the fibers...if that makes sense. xD That is a lot of poof towards the front, so depending on the wig, extensions like Narno suggested may be needed. (because if you pull that much hair forward on a wig it can leave a bare spot)

Good luck!

Po.
01-08-2008, 12:09 PM
http://www.martharowlison.com/Ariel.jpg

If it's any consolation, even the amazing professionals at Disneyland can't even get her hair to do that.

This picture looks a little better...http://farm1.static.flickr.com/147/336905150_5f6ddd4706.jpg

But yeah...I don't know how well hair spray will work. You'd have to use something heavy-duty. I think Aqua Net is pretty hard core? And then you could try using gel too.

...though last time I wanted hair to stay a certain way forever I just lathered it in paint. Highly effective, though a last resort.

jaoqinchik
01-09-2008, 05:21 PM
that disney wig is still really pretty though

put the fiber for the bangs in rollers and spray with alot of hairspray
then let them dry. After you take the rollers out brush the bangs
they should be nice and poufy.