PDA

View Full Version : So who here is going to Anime-Fest?

RuthlessJS
06-04-2003, 01:46 PM
So who here is going to Anime Fest in Dallas in September? I realize that it is smaller than A-kon and alot of you guys and gals are from out of state but I wanted to see if anyone from Texas was going to go. Right now Im trying to make arrangments to attend. It's during labor day weekend. :bouncer:

Asmaria
06-04-2003, 01:48 PM
*blinkblink* I'm not sure I'm supposed to reply to this here, since it's the A-kon board, but uh... I'm going to Animefest too ^_^;;

Cherry Boy
06-05-2003, 12:05 AM
I am Going!!!!!

That is all.

Integral
06-05-2003, 01:35 AM
I'll be there. I'll probably be running a few panels, too, so if any of you missed Iron Cosplay at A-kon, come check it out at AF.

Michi
06-05-2003, 02:03 AM
I'll be there. ^_^ I missed A-kon so I'll be going to AnimeFest to visit friends that live far away.. and I might do some Dallas tourism afterwards, too. I was at AFest last year, and while the con itself doesn't impress me, I enjoy the company and laidback atmosphere.

korena
06-05-2003, 02:12 AM
yes...Im going too <3 =B it'll be my 4th year or something

diet_otaku
06-05-2003, 10:26 AM
i'd LIKE to go, but it depends on my financial situation at that point. i also would probably not have a cosplay ready, and going to a con without a cosplay... i'd somehow feel naked. my friends and i may end up dropping in for a day at some point, though.

TR5368
06-05-2003, 04:04 PM
Thats only a month after DragonCon, so I dont think i'll be going to that one.

Tenya Muyo
06-11-2003, 11:35 AM
I'm going to AFest!! I Love It!!!:p I prefer the smaller cons 'cause things seem more intaminte between the guest and the fans. That's how i met most of the voice actors last year! They soooo nice:D And yes, me from Texas!!!

LordRahl007
07-02-2003, 01:40 AM
I'm going! I'm short on funds, but I'm gonna stretch it and avoid that dealer's room! So far I've only been to A-kon, so I wanna go to other cons. I'm also going to Ushicon this year

ayanamilisa
07-09-2003, 02:23 PM
I cant wait to attend that i hope to see some of you there
look for Kosmos from Xenosaga :D

Gren
07-09-2003, 05:44 PM
I'll be there with bells on!
Well... actually... I'll have a costume on...but I suppose I could put bells on it.... they might look out of place... but I could...

accelagirl
07-11-2003, 02:56 AM
I'm going~! ^0^ Last years AnimeFEST! wasn't so great (dubbed Dramacon XD) but Kata Kazuhiko and Move are going to be there so it HAS to be better~! *_* But again with the financial situation, I most likely won't be bringing any new costumes (I'll just pull an old one or something..)

Trinity
07-16-2003, 11:00 AM
^^; I'll be at AnimeFest in all of my Trinity-esque-ness -- I can't wait to see everyone there!

baku_neko
08-11-2003, 07:53 PM
I'm going too! Already paid for my ticket! ^_^

RuthlessJS
08-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Does anyone know of any AnimeFESt messageboards besides the one from the website?

It's so dead.....I think because most people dont know how to to set up their mail clients to work with it. :(

djmihoshi
08-13-2003, 08:20 PM
Iiiiiiiiii'mmmmmm ggggooooooiiinnng!
Well, I'm gonna TRY to go. I have NO MONEY WHATSOEVER and if my grades aren't too good, then I'm screwed ^_^;

This'll be my first Animefest. I've been to A-kon (reallyinsanelyspazztasticallycrammedintoonetinysp ot) and Itzacon (Total Population:6) So I'm hoping AnimeFest will be somewhere in-between all that

I'm sorry to say it but I don't think I'll be wearing my plugsuit to the con. When it was A-kon, it was only about 95 out so the plugsuit wasn't all that bad. But it's like...what....112 lately!? If I don't wear my plugsuit I WILL be wearing my awesome new Asuka airbrush shirt I got.

RuthlessJS
08-13-2003, 10:46 PM
djmihoshi- I looked at the song your listening to and I noticed its "around the world" by Move. They will be at AnimeFEST performing songs from Initial D :)

Tenya Muyo
08-17-2003, 02:07 AM
DJMihoshi: AnimeFEST is sssooooooooooooo AWSOME!!!!!! It's not as big as A-kon, but it's jammed filled with tons of stuff!! Much more space for everything (no sardine feel to it) Plus, since it is smaller and not so much middle man to deal with, it's wwwaaaaaaayyyy more intamite! You'll be rubbing elbows with the big guest all weekend! That's how i've met most of them, and they're cool! :jjacks: I know you'll love it! Hope to see ya there!!

RuthlessJS
08-17-2003, 06:17 AM
Much more space for everything (no sardine feel to it) Plus, since it is smaller and not so much middle man to deal with, it's wwwaaaaaaayyyy more intamite! You'll be rubbing elbows with the big guest all weekend!

It sounds like alot of fun after being at a big con like A-kon. So how does it compare to a con like Ushicon? Is the atmosphere the same? :)

katchoo
08-17-2003, 07:31 PM
weee! I'll be in dallas during that weekend, so I am probably dragging a few friends to anime fest on sat. And definitely the concert too. I'll just be wearing my egl dress cause I am only going one day. But maybe we can all meet for lunch on sat?

RuthlessJS
08-17-2003, 07:36 PM
I'm really .ooking forward to the concert! I have usually always skipped the concerts at other cons that I have gone to but I am so hyped about this one! :)

ErictheRed12662
08-19-2003, 06:52 PM
I'll be there! anyone from Garland??? I need some help getting a costume together... this'll be my first con and I have to go as random kitty boy for my girlfriend (not that I mind, but I lost a bet and it's rather embarrassing...)

I need leather clothes or something similar that's CHEAP! any ideas??

Artema
08-20-2003, 05:40 PM
I'll be going! David and I will return as Neo and Trinity :3 So now you'll have two Trinity's to contend with, buahahahaha.

It's still funny how David and I didn't know each other before A-Kon... now we've been dating for two and a half months, if we count our fateful encounter at the con >D

SwordsWoman
08-21-2003, 05:06 PM
i will be going to animefest if i get my money and ride in order.....
me and a few friends will be Vash, the trigun cat, and Inuyasha. but i have totally forgotten the info i need for the con!!! ~___~ not good...totally not good....if u guys find anything like a site bout the cone or any info i will be ever so happy :D
everything bout it all over again...~____~

if u find anything bout it PLEASE TELL ME!! i must kno if u want to meet up or something....(im pretty much beggin here cuz im disprite to go)

Tenya Muyo
08-22-2003, 12:22 AM
Ruthless: AnimeFEST and Ushicon basicly have the same feeling for me. Smaller, more intamite, stuff like that. That's because they are both run purely by fans! A-kon is run by a corporation (Phionix Ent.) I Love them both!

Swordswoman: Here's the AnimeFEST site with all the info you'll need:
www.animefest.org
I think pre-reg is over, so the price for all weekend is $40. But you have to say that's wwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper than A-kon, plus and extra day! Hope you can make it!!

P.S. Look out people, all my wild personalities (cosplays) will be running amok there! That weekend's menu will include: Sumomo, Kouga, and Vash the Stampede!! You have been WARNED!!!!! WHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

katchoo
08-22-2003, 04:40 PM
I'll be going! David and I will return as Neo and Trinity :3 So now you'll have two Trinity's to contend with, buahahahaha.

It's still funny how David and I didn't know each other before A-Kon... now we've been dating for two and a half months, if we count our fateful encounter at the con >D

OMG that is so cute. And you two were a great Neo and Trinity! Can't wait to see you there!

Gren
08-22-2003, 04:52 PM
The Riku costume's being put on hold, since they're coming out with a heartless Riku figure in like.. October, and I'd rather wait and do the ribbing on his back accurately rather than guess and improv, then get the figure and regret alllll the little mistakes I made. Maybe I'll just wear one of my toher costumes twice in a row, or actually (Gasp!!) Wear normal clothing for a day at a con. (Noooo! Say it isn't soooo!)

SwordsWoman
08-22-2003, 08:40 PM
no the pre-reg ends midnight tonight....i will have to impatiently wait for my mother to get her butt home and pat for it (cuz im ****ing broke)
i will be going for all 4 days so as long as it is payed for before midnight i should only pay $35 for it...im going to do a few crazy things while im there so watch for me =^_^= oh and an update on the people im going with...its not Vash that one of my friends is being its Wolfwood, but i think she is bring the confessional with her (being him would not be to my liking, so im not him if ur looking for me) moew? well anyway i hope that mother gets home in time for the the deadline or i would not beable to go ~____~ well at least not go cheap....or at all, it all depends on how i act between now and the time the con is. sux i kno...

Ruthless ur being Jax at the Animefest right? no? yes? good i was forgetting that very so often or something like that.....since i kno what body i needed to "target" in my search for cosplayers, i wanted to make sure.....so i need a pic of everyone who is going to be there. or look for a Wolfwood and the cat(what was his name again {cant say it cuz i forgot how to spell it again}) folling random Vashs or other people ^_^ who knos we may be following U!!! ahahaha *poof*

Tenya Muyo
08-22-2003, 09:44 PM
Ahhhh, you are speaking of Kuroneko-sama! He just likes to show up everywhere!! *silence* ..................Umm.......................eto... .....................
*Kuroneko appears**quietly* Nyaaaa~
:eek: YYIIKKEEESSSS!!!

RuthlessJS
08-22-2003, 11:54 PM
Ruthless ur being Jax at the Animefest right? no? yes?

Yes I will be Jax from Mortal Kombat 3 and also Barret from Final Fantasy 7 :) Who will you be going as Swordswoman? :)

SwordsWoman
08-23-2003, 02:44 PM
oh good, i thought that u were going to use Jax at ushicon but im glad that i get to see u in Jax (yummy guy ^_^) what day(s) r u going to be as Jax? i want to get a few pointless funny pics if i can...
anyway....yes i did miss the online pre-reg which sux biggeries but as long as i have the money when i get there to get the whole weekend pass i will have lots of funs ^_^. u will have to find out which one i am when my plan goes into action and i find one of u guys <_< >_> *evil grin* ^_^ just watch out for the one playing Kuroneko, that one will do random things and may even surprize u....

RuthlessJS
08-27-2003, 03:58 PM
mmm its hard to believe that AnimeFEST is less than 2 days away....blah I have so much to do siince school has started :(

baku_neko
08-27-2003, 06:10 PM
Tomorrow's pre registration! Yay! I gonna go pick up my badge, since I already paid a long time ago online! ^_~

djmihoshi
08-27-2003, 06:47 PM
Tomorrow's pre registration! Yay! I gonna go pick up my badge, since I already paid a long time ago online! ^_~

Do you have to show them a little ticket or something to get your badge? I know that's the way A-kon worked, and I'm not too sure on how stuff works here. Actually, I bought my ticket online about 6 days ago ^_^. I don't wanna wait another day or so to get a little slip of paper.....

Oh yea, I'm gonna bring all my anime cds and my tiny-yet-powerful-computer-speaker-of-DOOM and sit and blast out anime music to all the unsuspecting otakus.....drop by my little nook and request a song...i've got a ton of 'em...i mean...that's why they call me DJMihoshi...ok...so no one really calls me that....

Aiji Sasayaki
08-28-2003, 08:30 AM
If I see you at A-kon Mihoshi, I'll call you that, lol. I was planning on bringing all my J-rock cds (I have -way- too many) and doing the same ^_^ though, I plan on a boombox, lol

Pincer
08-28-2003, 10:36 AM
AnimeFEST is this weekend and I'm in the desert. I think I ended up on the short end of the stick on this one. **lol** Got next year though!

Artema
08-30-2003, 12:35 PM
I'll be arriving at the con fairly late today, work scheduled me without asking and since it's Labor Day weekend, I couldn't get anyone else to take my shift >(

Buuuut on Sunday I'll be there as early as possible and stay as late as I can, muhahahaha.

And I have gloves! Hooray! -dances a mini-Trin jig-

RuthlessJS
09-03-2003, 12:21 AM
My AnimeFEST pictures are at...

https://webspace.utexas.edu/jcsmith/animeFEST/index.htm

Enjoy :)

Tenya Muyo
09-04-2003, 12:35 AM
Dude, these look Great Ruthless!!!! And you caught all 3 of my costumes!! Arigato Gizaimus! :jjacks: Mind if i borrow a few for my gallery and costume list? I never seem to get my camera out when i go to a con. Never!

RuthlessJS
09-04-2003, 07:08 AM
Dude, these look Great Ruthless!!!! And you caught all 3 of my costumes!! Arigato Gizaimus! :jjacks: Mind if i borrow a few for my gallery and costume list? I never seem to get my camera out when i go to a con. Never!

Go right ahead and borrow them :) I think I saw a few more pictures of you on other links so you might want to check those out too. :bigtu:

Btw there is another AnimFEST thread that everyone is chatting about AnimeFEST Tenya Muyo and since I havent seen you in the discussion here is the link...

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=431637#post431637