PDA

View Full Version : Naruto photoshoot at SC08!

Lady Shinsei
01-10-2008, 12:29 AM
Greetings fellow cosplayers! This is an announcement to all members of this board who are Naruto fans. I am the gal who's in charge of the Naruto photoshoot for SakuraCon 2008, and I just wanted to keep you guys in the loop on this - to make sure as many diehard Naruto cosplayers as possible can show up for the event. I've yet to decide what day and time it will be (though I'm leaning towards sometime on the 2nd day of the con). Of course, I'll be sure to post all updates and important info here in this topic.

meeshy
01-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Yippie! I shall be there will bells on . . . well . . . not exactly bells. Gourd, wigs and contacts on for sure though.

Characters planning on:

Gaara
Hinata
Haku

I can't wait to see everyone there! :D

Hatsu
01-12-2008, 04:18 AM
I'll probably be there. Last year's shoot was fun to watch, was not cosplaying a Naruto character last year tho.

If I'm there I'll be Itachi. (Akatsuki Version)

Koriko
01-13-2008, 11:02 AM
X3 You'll have a Naruto Pre-Time Jump right here! ^.^ This will be my first time at SakuraCon. =3 Can't wait.

Lady Shinsei
01-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Awesome! Oh, and sorry about the PM that I sent just moments before I posted in here. (didn't notice until now that you'd found out about this topic and such... I'm a baka for not checking in here first... *giggle*)

Oooh. I can't wait to see your costume, Hatsu. Btw, I totally love your KH2 costume - it's totally badass (and so's your avatar that you made of it).

kelsey uchiha
01-18-2008, 07:34 PM
as faqr as i can tell,i'll be pre'time jump sakura,and blue version sasuke,and i'll have a tsunade ,younger naruto,tobi,itachi,and deidara with me!^.^

Lady Shinsei
01-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Woohoo! That'll be awesome.

And if she's able to make it, my sister might be coming to the photoshoot in her badass "Punk Sakura" outfit (basic Sakura costume, with a black & white cap and matching trenchcoat... a sort of modernized Japanese bancho style).

DeviousMousie
01-19-2008, 12:06 AM
I'll be Kurenai probably all three days and I'll be dragging an Asuma with me. Still haven't decided if it'll be Flashback (Jounin) Kurenai or regular Kurenai costume. But yeah, we'd totally be up for a photoshoot and hang out! ^^

keropan
01-19-2008, 10:47 PM
I already replied over in the SC forums but~ I'll definitely be bringing my Shippuuden Naruto costume.

It's a maybe for Karin though, as I still need to get a wig for her. D:

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-20-2008, 12:05 AM
Ebisu will be there.

Fashwiing
01-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Shippuden Neji can be counted in!

... Though I may need a place and time so I can run helter-skelter back to my hotel room and change back to my costume. I'm only wearing Neji on Friday.

Lady Shinsei
01-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Ebisu will be there.

Why am I not surprised that you'd do that again? LOL.

Speaking of location, it hopefully will be the fountain area near the registration booths. The day and time have not yet been decided due to the desire to make sure it doesn't interfere with other photoshoots.

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Be on Saturday or Sunday, as I'll be having a beard on Friday for Barret.

DeviousMousie
01-22-2008, 01:51 AM
Any day is fine with the sweetie and I. We'll be in our outfits all three days. So just let us know!

Lady Shinsei
01-24-2008, 09:36 PM
I know there's a forum for prop discussion, but so far no
one's been helping me out over there on this...

...can anyone give me a link to somewhere online that I can
buy a decent pair of Kankuro sandals? (and not dumb black
Konoha sandals; Kankuro's are quite different, mind you).

geekmom
01-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Ahh excellent, we have a family group of Naruto costumes to join the photoshoot. My husband and 6yo son are going as Gamabunta and Jiraiya, I'm cosplaying Kankurou and my 12yo daughter is Itachi (Akatsuki ver.)

J Ryoga
01-27-2008, 03:48 PM
I'll probably wear my Genin Blue Sasuke for this shoot, as long as it's on Saturday.

the_z
01-28-2008, 01:26 PM
i'll might be there agine as Kankuro if i don't get a chances to make my Neji cosplay

Smoted
02-01-2008, 12:07 AM
i've been trying to keep up with all the ideas that have been posted on the Official Sakura Con Forum here.

http://scmb.sakuracon.org/viewtopic.php?t=16236

And i've been posting them here

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=137102

check post #7.

(mind you, i'm just copying what's on the SC08 forum)

Lady Shinsei
02-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Okay, here's the official details (sorry it took me so long to put it here; interesting that someone here's been keeping track of my topic on the SCMB).

The photoshoot will be on Saturday, but the time hasn't been finalized yet. It will definitely be after the Cosplay Chess event, to allow an awesome Kimimaro cosplayer be able to come right after attending that.

@geekmom = Looking forward to seeing your group!

EroSempai
02-10-2008, 11:40 PM
If I can go, I will have a Tsnade, Naruto, and Shippuden Choji. I will be Sai

Lady Shinsei
02-11-2008, 09:50 PM
AH! Shippuuden Chouji! *feels all delighted* That's my dream cosplay (can't do it due to money/materials). And you're coming as Sai? Cool! Ummm... you wouldn't by any chance be the same one who attended the Chinatown parade in July?

Ichigo=15
02-23-2008, 12:04 PM
I'll be taking my two Naruto cosplays to Sakura Con: Shippuuden Shino and Girl Naruto. So I'll be hanging around the con in one of those from time to time.

Givon
02-23-2008, 02:07 PM
I shall be Tobi once again >w< and me friends will be Gaara, Sasuke, Tsunade!!!! Can't wait to see all you peeps >w< O and baby Gaara may come out with us too !!!

Lady Shinsei
02-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Ummm... you wouldn't by any chance be the one who came as Tobi last year with a really damn well-made mask, would you?

(if so, I may just loudly squee in delight... LMAO...)

Ah, things look like this is shaping up to be a great gig.

Kisitiene
02-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Awesome! Can't wait for it!

I'll be as Time Jump Sakura and I'll have a Tobi, Gai, Time Jump Lee, Time Jump Naruto, and a mystery Naruto Time Jump character. [My friend won't tell me who she is going as on Sunday... Just that it's someone who is pared with Tobi a few times.] She'll be Deidara on Friday and Lolita on Saturday but no clue about Sunday...

Lady Shinsei
03-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Who the heck is paired with Tobi other than Dei-dei?!

Now I'm curious to know what that costume might be...

(as for my Sunday plans, I'll be running the Yu-Gi-Oh photoshoot, so I'll be dressed as a roleplay character from that universe)

PrincessLulu
03-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Count pre-time jump TenTen in~

:]

Lady Shinsei
03-12-2008, 11:53 PM
That's cool, but how I wish that someone could do time-jump Ten-Ten (I love how she dresses, like some Chinese martial arts diva... so badass...).

OKAY. The time for the photoshoot has now been finalized! (as long as the Cosplay Chess event doesn't screw around with their schedule, everything will be fine).

Photoshoot will take place on Saturday at: 5pm

Lady Shinsei
03-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Bumping this up to make sure that everyone who's attending will have the chance to see the official time.

4 more days and counting! BANZAI!!!!!

Lukas Sanvien
03-25-2008, 01:08 PM
If I can finish my ANBU costume tonight, I'll be there!

WHOO MIST VILLAGE ANBU! WHOOO!!!!

Lady Shinsei
03-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Looking forward to seeing you there!

Oh, and if anyone is interested (and able), come hang out with me tomorrow night by the doors to the center. I'll be a "Party Ninja", complete with woven grass rain hat. Count down to the start of the con! (and fool around/be silly while doing so)

kelsey uchiha
03-27-2008, 07:51 PM
Scratch what I said before!I'll be crossplaying Chunin Exam Sasuke,as well as Pre-Shippuden Sakura.I'll have a Pre-Shippuden Naruto,A Deidara(who will also be Pein at one point), and a Tobi(who will also be Itachi at one point).