PDA

View Full Version : MCS 2008 Main Events Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Raiji Magiwind
01-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Welcome fellow Michiganians to the Main Events Discussion thread for 2008. This thread will basically work much in the same format as the original Main Events thread, but this will be for discussion of events upcoming for 2008.

On a side note you can go to the following areas to deal with these items:

The Main Event! (http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=74460&page=135)
The original Main Event Thread. A good place to see the history of MCS, but also to help with jump starting ideas when you need them. If it was a good event in the past, then usually it will be done again..:D

Coming Soon-
-These threads will be linked to upon there creation...

"Major MCS Convention Roster"
Home for the major conventions attended by MCS. This thread will be for discussion of all things relating to the following Conventions:
Ohayocon (http://www.ohayocon.org/)
ACEN (http://www.acen.org/)
Otakon (http://www.otakon.com/default2.asp)
Youmacon (http://www.youmacon.com)

"MCS Secondary Convention Roster"
Basically this thread will be for any other convention plans being planned by MCS members. This includes ones such as JAFAX, Katsucon, Anime Iowa, and so forth.

So now ladies and gentles I implore you now to fill this wondrous thread with many ideas and plans to keep our selves busy and occupied throughout the year. But please keep in mind the following:

I know most of our Vets know this stuff, but this is more for our newcomers, though sometimes a reminder to us old timers is good too...:D

-For each event, post as much info about the event, including possible locations and dates. POST ALL NEW EVENTS IDEAS HERE FIRST!! From here the topic can be discussed and deemed if in need of a sub thread.

-Remember to think about the possible major conventions MCS attends when choosing dates. Many times no one will go if the event falls the same weekend or the week before. This can vary on person to person though.

-For those who may need rides, please request them in a polite manner. Also give a rough idea of where you are: IE: Downriver, Mt. Clements...etc. I'm sure that a fellow MCS'er with a car will be willing to offer you a ride if you ask her nicely and respect them. Usually a thank you when they come get you and an offering of 'Gil' (cash) for gas will be appreciated. If you wish to do other things to show your thanks, thats between you and the person you ride with.

-If a particular event gathers A LOT of attention, then a possible separate thread may be opened to help facilitate discussion on the topic so that one does not have to go back eight pages in this thread to find the 8 posts for the one topic. If such a thread is created it will remain open for the duration of the event till ONE WEEK after, before it is closed. This will allow for feedback from after the event as well as posting of pictures and so on.

So onward wayward members of MCS!!! Post, post, post!!!

Side Notes for MCS Staff: If needed, feel free to sticky, add to and adjust the main post as needed to add new tips as needed. This thread will be closed and locked at the end of the year and a new thread will be made for 2009.

Raiji Magiwind
01-10-2008, 06:38 PM
OK first off...sorry on the double post but the first thought for the season is a gathering of the MCS crew for Bowling. So now its a matter of the Where, When, and What Alley?
Ladies and gents....start your engines and go!! Discuss!

SlvrCrest
01-10-2008, 08:53 PM
How about the same bowling alley as last year...they seemed cool with the krazy us.

Shei Valentine
01-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Jen, thanks for starting this for me while I was at work. I'm gonna log into Venus's account for a bit and start the cleanups and stuff while I still have a bit of energy in me ^_^

I didn't make it to the last couple of bowling events. Where were they held at?

Uchihacest69
01-11-2008, 08:03 AM
lol, the only one i remember was in novi like, a billion years ago and i was dressed as aeris.

Thats the one in my head. but there are bowling alleys evey 5 feet, first we need to pic the date, then we can see what alleys are open for the public and what ones only allow league on weekends....

I'll just through out there, Jan 25 or 26? sometime in february?

my guard season starts soon, so if we could do it on a friday that would be awesome.

start suggesting!

Raiji Magiwind
01-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Well all I know is whatever weekend we choose as long at it isn't the weekend of April 19th (this goes for any other events we got thought of for between now and ACEN). I'll be standing up in a friends wedding as her Maid of Honor so I won't be going no where at least on Saturday. That Sunday maybe...depending on how hard we 'party' after the wedding...XD.

It would have to defiantly be near the evening since till the date has been decided I can't say for sure if I'd be open during the day our the evening.

SlvrCrest
01-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Last years was over in Rochester somewhere. There seemed to be a good amount of people that made it too, I think we filled up 4 lanes.

Uchihacest69
01-12-2008, 05:20 PM
umm, why would we plan bowling all the away in April? don't think you have to worry 'bout that one.

Raiji Magiwind
01-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Well I am also just tossing it out for any other plans too after bowling between now and ACEN....

Lady_Atreil
01-14-2008, 03:36 AM
*crawls out of oblivion.8 i don't think many of you saw me at youmacon..since I was just there laaaaate friday night ad all of saturday...(i was Arslan from devil kings friday night, talon from the same sat. morning, and xaldin of kingdom hearts two 9with uuuber hair0 the rest of saturday night..9till i decided the sideburns itched, and turned into a red-headed bespectacled vexen.) due to now working on weekends...9and eneding at least two weeks in advance to egt time off0 I've missed a TON of stuff. T_T plus my computer has had three meltdowns, my cousin has gotten diagnosed then remissioned from cancer..so i've all but falle off the face of the cosplay earth. T_T

if budge allows...and i can find a ride/romie and egt the time for it...I'm gonna try and make Acen.
failing that, there is always youmacon. ^_^
-Jen (who is STILL TRL's evil twin 'brother' when she remembers to drag out the costume)

(m'not sure if this post quite goes here...but at least it gives everyone a 'head's up on what's been going in my life..and why I haven't harrassed you all...heh.)

Shei Valentine
01-21-2008, 09:48 PM
*attempts to revive thread*
So, a cosplay bowling event sometime in the near future, yes?

What kind of free time does everyone have in February?

lauralyn
01-21-2008, 11:43 PM
I haven't been to any MCS events but I'd love to start! I'm totally up for bowling! I'm assuming it will be on a weekend? The only time that isn't good for me would be before 6 on Saturday..

Maybe I should have posted my karaoke request to this thread?
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=136541

Shei Valentine
01-22-2008, 07:14 AM
Nah, Laura, you're all good. Our group does random karaoke outings anyways, so maybe a separate karaoke thread is a good idea.

Weekends are definitely good for bowling. Perhaps either a Friday or Saturday night? As far as I know, I'm free for any weekends next month.

Melima331
01-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Hey Shei, maybe we can find a bowling alley with karaoke!

Shei Valentine
01-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Hey Shei, maybe we can find a bowling alley with karaoke!

Funny you should say that....
There's a bowling alley right up the street from my apartment (maybe like a mile, mile 1/2 away) that has karaoke in the lounge on Saturday nights XD

I dunno if everyone would wanna trek all the way to Mt. Clemens just to bowl/karaoke, though

Melima331
01-22-2008, 07:12 PM
yeah there's one by my house with karaoke too, but that's way too far for everyone to drive. I would be open for any bowling alley. Also, my house is open to those who ever want to have another get-together (it would have to be a special occation since it seems I live a little ways from everyone else).

Shei Valentine
01-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Hey, maybe we could use your house for my birthday party in March? That's a special enough occasion! *insert shameless self promotion/attention whoring here* XD

Raiji Magiwind
01-22-2008, 08:29 PM
For me it would probably be easier for me to hit the bowling alley closer to Shei's then anywhere else off hand barring the need of a ride or taking the bus....As for current weekends....ATM I'm off the coming weekend though I might be busy the morning of the 26th at least with doing the shopping for the bridesmaid's dresses...><..though by the evening i should be free....after that I can't say off hand till i get my new schedule...

Melima331
01-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Hey, my birthday's in March too! (March 31) We could probably plan something then.

Shei Valentine
01-23-2008, 03:46 AM
Hey, my birthday's in March too! (March 31) We could probably plan something then.

Oooh. We can plan a joint birthday party after we get this bowling event off the ground!

Has anyone figured out what would be considered a "central location" for all of us? This way, no one has to drive that far.

lauralyn
01-23-2008, 10:47 AM
I map quested Mt. Clemens and I'm about an hour away from there (I'm in Ann Arbor). I could drive an hour, that's not a big deal, perhaps more if it was a big event type thing. And weird as it is, my birthday is also in March!

MissShanksALot
01-24-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm in Belleville, so I'm about the same distance.

Raiji Magiwind
01-24-2008, 02:13 PM
So from the sounds of it we have myself, and possibly Shei, lauralyn, and Shanks all looking at agreeing to the idea of the Mt Clements location. So what about others? The only ones I know off hand near/around me are the one near Shei, Rose Bowl, and I think its Contenental Lanes...-is trying to remember- tis the one on Gratiot or what not...like 13 and gratiot I think....

And off on birthdays...sounds to me like where gonna have to do something fun in March there for all our March babies....sadly mine ain't till October...but 'eh... at least mines like 2 weeks or so before Youma..XD

Uchihacest69
01-24-2008, 02:15 PM
i don't think so, mt. clemens isn't good for me.

lmao totally playing. sounds fun. when?

mgperkow
01-24-2008, 04:04 PM
If it's a day when we can make it, I'm sure Maria and I will be there. Let you guys know for sure when we work out the date.

Mistress Zelyn
01-24-2008, 05:31 PM
March birthdays totally rock!!! I have to say that because mine's the 16th of March.

Shei Valentine
01-24-2008, 05:53 PM
So wait...how many March birthdays DOES this group have? Mistress Z is on the 16th, Melima is the 31st, and I'm the 26th.

I'm kinda liking the idea of a huge birthday party for all of us XD

Hey Emoly, if distance is an issue for ya, I'm sure wherever we end up bowling at, you can just catch a ride with Venus and Corrinne ^_^

limey
01-24-2008, 06:11 PM
While not a March birthday, it is close, 3rd of April.
Bowling, pick a day if we make it we do otherwise we'll catch up another time. Nbd

lauralyn
01-24-2008, 07:24 PM
So wait...how many March birthdays DOES this group have? Mistress Z is on the 16th, Melima is the 31st, and I'm the 26th.

I'm kinda liking the idea of a huge birthday party for all of us XD

My birthday is March 1st!

Deuce_VII
01-24-2008, 08:12 PM
for what it's worth, mine's Feb 7th :)

Uchihacest69
01-24-2008, 08:38 PM
lol, i was just playing, eveyone was agreeing on it so i thought, "let me fuck it up" ^^

no, it's totally fine. lol

dazzledxdreams
02-01-2008, 12:09 PM
My birthday is March 8th!!!

Nikolai
02-03-2008, 02:02 PM
I'd be up for bowling again, as long as it was the weekends of the 23rd or 1st. I'm rather centrally located in Royal Oak, so any location is probably good for me.

BTW, is it okay to mention this thread on the Youmacon forums? Someone there is considering organizing a cosplay event which may be bowling, so it might be nice to invite them to ours instead.

Sirene
02-03-2008, 04:15 PM
My birthday's on March 12th. :3 [/de-lurks]

venus2869
02-04-2008, 06:46 AM
I'd be up for bowling again, as long as it was the weekends of the 23rd or 1st. I'm rather centrally located in Royal Oak, so any location is probably good for me.

BTW, is it okay to mention this thread on the Youmacon forums? Someone there is considering organizing a cosplay event which may be bowling, so it might be nice to invite them to ours instead.

I'd say ok, since we're all telling everyone else we meet or see that there is a board like this for them to see.

Shei Valentine
02-09-2008, 06:34 PM
We're a little over a week into February and still haven't decided on where and when we're gonna do the bowling!
What weekend will work best for everyone?

Raiji Magiwind
02-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Well off the top of my head...as far as for February...the upcoming weekend of the 15 and 16th I'm off...so that one good one for me though depends on what time folks which to go and where its at...

bar1scorpio
02-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Unfortunately, the 15th-16th is also the KatsuCon weekend.

Raiji Magiwind
02-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Well I can still negotiate...It just a matter of where and when...since that will many time determine my factors for things....9 times out of 10 if I'm working that particular weekend as long as somethings after 3:30 pm I'm usually good (if I can find way out to the event), though I probably won't stay out past 11:30pm since I do have to get some sleep...particulary right now since I have to get up earlier so I can either ride with my mom to work (since shes going the same way) or get up early enough to catch the first 10mile bus of the day...which is like 20 to 6 in the morning...

Melima331
02-10-2008, 12:47 PM
We should just pick a weekend, maybe towards the end of the month. Is this going to be a cosplay event or normal clothes? Just wondering. I always love an excuse to dress up. Also, what bowling alley are we leaning towards?

Shei Valentine
02-10-2008, 04:49 PM
For most events, cosplay is not required, just rather encouraged (depending on what we're doing)

If we wanna do something at the end of the month, let's lean towards the 23rd, like Nikolai suggested.

lauralyn
02-10-2008, 09:25 PM
For most events, cosplay is not required, just rather encouraged (depending on what we're doing)

If we wanna do something at the end of the month, let's lean towards the 23rd, like Nikolai suggested.

The 23rd would work best for me since that's when my spring break starts. :)

Exalderan
02-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Prices for bowling have gone up since last year, so listing locations and their prices may help with deciding. The cheaper, the more games we can play. Especially since the aim is for a saturday night.

If you're looking for a central locations so not everyone has to drive rather far, you're looking at somewhere around franklin or redford depending on which side can drive father. There's Novi as well. Plenty of nice restaurants over there for the before hand or afterwards meal.

Mimette
02-11-2008, 10:42 AM
OOOOO I VOTE REDFORD! :P Only cause it is in mine and Jay's backyard practically XD

But seriously, I can do Novi as well and dammit, lets see some costumes! I am breaking out a new one, so this should make for some fun!

Uchihacest69
02-11-2008, 02:18 PM
heck yea! i'm wearing Misa! lmao, bowling in a miniskirt.

Hey Doug, no jail bait ass shots this year.

lmao.....

MissShanksALot
02-11-2008, 03:32 PM
lmao! Nice Emily...nice. XD I'd be up for the end of the month too...I'm on break by then I believe

Shei Valentine
02-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Novi sounds good.
And I'll be able to break in my Hinata costume ^^

Exalderan
02-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Great, anyone in the Novi area want to scope out the alleys and check on the prices? If not we can get the information online, but then we cannot see what the places are like before hand. Crowds etc.

Also a phone number will be needed for whoever reserves a lane, we'll need a head count too. If possible find out how many per lane. If no one else wants to take the responsibility to reserve then i'll take it, i did it last year so its not too difficult. We NEED a head count though (of who's bowling not just hanging out), that was the difficult part. I beleive we had three lanes about 6-8 people per lane. Depends where we go.

It appears the 23rd will be the date so we have just over a week and a half to prepare for this.

shinji_hiroshi
02-13-2008, 01:18 AM
I won't be able to attend. 501st and RL has me busy in the background working on projects this year and running events.

Have fun at the event guys!

dazzledxdreams
02-13-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm in for bowling!!!

Raiji Magiwind
02-13-2008, 05:04 PM
I game for the 23 as long as its after 3:30 since I work early that day and the late salads (9:30am-6pm) on Sunday. I would also probably need a ride out there as well if I do show...as to weather I cosplay...IDK yet...I might attempt to bowl, but thats not for total certainty yet.

Melima331
02-13-2008, 05:15 PM
I should be able to come, however, I am having surgery friday before, so I will not be able to bowl. I hope I feel well enought to attend though!

SlvrCrest
02-13-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm in for this....sounds like a blast

lauralyn
02-13-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm in for bowling

Exalderan
02-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Novi Bowl and Recreation center located in Novi (seems to be the only one in Novi that I can find)

Drakeshire lanes located in Farmington

Langan's Norwest Lanes & Pizza - Farmington

I do not know what any of these are like, nor do I know the prices. I'll come up with prices in a day. Till then I have work.

Deuce_VII
02-16-2008, 04:07 PM
i might be game...need to see if i have $$$ next week

however, i should be able to ^^

Shei Valentine
02-17-2008, 05:04 PM
*headdesk* this WOULD be the week my boss decides to listen to me and put me on nightshift.
I start work at 4pm on the 23rd -_- Guess y'all are gonna have to wait til the big March B-day party to see me as Hinata

Uchihacest69
02-18-2008, 02:28 PM
ugh! 23rds this saturday! bummer, i watching hockey with my mom for michigan state. aw man, guess i'll wait for karaoke.

lauralyn
02-19-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm not sure if anyone else is on the Youmacon boards, but it seems like they are planning a meet up on Feb 23rd as well, but at Game Works: http://www.youmacon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2777

Exalderan
02-19-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm going to try and reserve 3-4 lanes tonight. So let me know if people are going to the mall event instead, so I can unreserve if necessary.

I'd rather not have 4 lanes reserved with 2 people showing up.

There does appear to be quite a few from the youma forums attending the gameworks event.

Mimette
02-19-2008, 10:44 PM
I can't do anything this Saturday because I am currently sick.... very sick. I am hoping for a March meetup so that I can debut a new costume but if it doesn't happen, it at least takes the pressure off to create something new :P

Melima331
02-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Depending on how I feel, I may be more likely to attend the gameworks event since I would not be able to bowl this weekend (I will have a weight restriction).

Exalderan
02-20-2008, 12:03 PM
It appears that the event may not be happening, at least not in Novi.....I called the bowling alley and they have partys booked in the afternoon and leagues in the evening. I was told the earliest I can get a definite answer on available lanes would be saturday morning. Which for many is too short of notice.

So, this has gone up in the air once again...sorry folks, I tried. Maybe we can try bowling next month or later in the year.

Instead, this Gameworks meetup seems to be underway nicely. I know I myself have not been to that mall in a while, and it is a nice mall. Plus, there's a movie theater for anyone who has not seen the new movie Jumper which i would like to see.

Plus, only a few have said they were in for bowling so far and some may be backing out. A day at the mall should be fun, specially with this group.

Though if there are any other fixes for this weekend (like a another lane, I know I have suggested two others, never being at either before, though they are in a different areas) please feel free to save the event.

I gladly take care of any calling and reserving that needs to be done, plus anything else that may need organizing.

lauralyn
02-21-2008, 09:40 AM
I'd be willing to go to the gameworks event if that would work out better for everyone. I've never been there so it might be fun.

Raiji Magiwind
02-21-2008, 08:17 PM
I will probably have to wait till the March event as since I work till 3:30 on the 23 and the Gameworks at Great Lakes Crossing would be a trip for me...literally...especially if I had to haul out on a bus.. the rare time I do go out there one my own accord I have to transfer to at least three SMART busses and it takes almost 3 hours to get there, and the one bus is a limited run, so when I do go on a day off I get up at like 6:30 am and start headed out the way so that by the time I arrive, the mall is usually just opening up...><
Of course...if one where to offer a ride....that would be better and such, though I do work at 9:30 am on Sunday so can't stay out all night.....

musicalmint
02-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Ugh, why does everything have to be on the other side of the state for me ._.

I can has a W.Michigan event plz?

SlvrCrest
02-22-2008, 05:39 PM
so...are people dressing up for Gameworks?

Exalderan
02-22-2008, 06:28 PM
You can check the Youmacon forums via the link provided in an ealier comment, but from what I could tell from a few days ago they were planning too. I might, it depends on what I can find for tomorrow.

But hey, I will see you there. Probably around 2ish.

SlvrCrest
02-22-2008, 07:30 PM
I think it I make it I'll just Bob it up

Melima331
02-22-2008, 09:39 PM
I hope I can make it. I will probably just wear my Rikku hair. (If I felt better- I would love to wear my Nariko).

MissShanksALot
02-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Wait....when are we going to do the whole Gameworks thing?

Shei Valentine
02-23-2008, 07:57 AM
Everyone have fun at the Gameworks event today ^^ (I'd say damn work, but I'm bringing in twice as much in tips as I did on dayshift!)

We can start planning the huge karaoke birthday party next!

Mimette
02-23-2008, 10:53 AM
I am excited for the karaoke birthday thing. Rockband has given me a lot more confidence in the singing department XD

lauralyn
02-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Looks like I'm not making it today, I ended up having to work and now I'm too tired to go (if it's not too late anyways). Hope everyone who went had fun, and I'm looking forward to karaoke. :D

Uchihacest69
02-25-2008, 10:27 AM
okay! gameworks is over now!!! time to plan the birthday parties!!!!!

Melima331
02-28-2008, 02:51 PM
I know we are planning to have a karaoke get together, but I thought I would mention that I am having a party in March as well and you are all invited. It will be towards the end, but I didn't plan it yet because I did not want to have it on the same weekend as the karaoke. I know I live out a ways, but if anyone is interested, just let me know. I have karaoke, rock band, guitar hero, and many other games as well.

Shei Valentine
02-28-2008, 03:57 PM
When do you plan on having it? I need to make sure I can get the night off work.

Melima331
02-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Well, it depends on when the other plans are. I was hoping to have it near the end of March on a Sat night.

bar1scorpio
03-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Well, the 15th of March may be a bit busy... I'm Determined to join the fight (http://www.youfoundthecard.com).

Uchihacest69
03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
i have two competition weekends in march, this weekend and the other is the 16th, so how about.... march 21st or 22nd?

and i can't believe there is a world wide protest against someone's religion. are you gonna burn them and the stake too?

Raiji Magiwind
03-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Well I have either this coming weekend or weekend of the 29 and 30th off. Any other weekend I would possibly still come but would need to be leaving by no later then 11:30 pm depending on location and whether I work early starting at 7am for early dishroom or get lucky and don't have to start till 9:30 am and do the late shift salads. I figure I want to at least get at worse at least 6 hours of sleep...so I don't crash and burn at work...

Melima331
03-04-2008, 07:12 PM
March 21 or 22 is good, although that is easter weekend (which is fine for me, but I don't know about everyone else). Sat March 29 or Sun March 30 are also good.

Shei Valentine
03-04-2008, 11:21 PM
I can't do Easter weekend cuz of work >_<
Can we do March 29th? This way, I have plenty of time to ask for it off.

bar1scorpio
03-07-2008, 01:19 PM
and i can't believe there is a world wide protest against someone's religion. are you gonna burn them and the stake too?

As Naruto would say, "Believe it!" and it's not a religion, it's a cult that was formed by a schlock sci-fi writer so he could make money off of people by capitalizing on their psychological problems (hence $cientology's war on "Psych's").

And technically, they threw the first punch, with their attempts to censor the internet.

Uchihacest69
03-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Boo hoo, let people believe what they want.

lmao, i didn't even realize that was easter weekend. lol i was just throwing a weekend out there.

what about march 14? 29 is so far!

Raiji Magiwind
03-07-2008, 02:32 PM
29th is best for me at the, moment since the weekend of the 14th I work, but right after work I got plans with the wedding party (at least the girls minus the bride) as we gotta plan her bachlorette party....XD

Melima331
03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
The 29th is better for me so I can prepare. Besides, I have a lot of school stuff to do this week. I was thinking of a time, does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking 7-8pm. Also, it would be awesome if everyone could bring a drink and/or a type of snack. Since I may not know how many are coming, I want to make sure I have enough refreshments. When we draw closer, I can pm directions to anyone who is coming. I live about 5-10 min from lakeside mall.

Shei Valentine
03-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Melima, do you think that maybe this could be the "group birthday party"? We could maybe put off the Ann Arbor karaoke event til after Acen. If so, I volunteer to make the cake for us all!!

limey
03-08-2008, 08:31 AM
(rises from the dead) Amy and I will be unable toattend any meet ups until post penguicon. Right now I'm swamped with getting things together.

Religion,cult ,gang it matters not if you can't get out alive it should be struck down. If the branch davidians didn't give reason for governmet a reason to notice their activities they would still be around. The same can be said about Rev Jim Jones. $cientology is just a better scheme than the others.
(steps off soap box)

Melima331
03-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Of course it can be a group birthday party. Yay cake!! I know I have a couple friends that are just getting a little into cosplay that will be coming. They are pretty cool so we can introduce them to more anime! I like the idea of doing the ann arbor thing in May. I am more likely to drive long distances when the weather is better. I still want to do it, it sounds fun.

Shei Valentine
03-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Cool. I just put my request in for the 29th off ^_^ (I'm at work, using teh internets while we're dead)
Shall I make an actual cake or will a metric fuckton of cupcakes suffice?
And I've managed to acquire a few more karaoke cds since the last time we all partied

z0rd0n
03-09-2008, 08:50 AM
so, is anybody welcomed or is this just a MCS thing? Because I'm not sure how to join and I just got here monday from Florida...

Raiji Magiwind
03-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Well I am game and only in probably a need of a lift to the place. and back. At this moment barring my boss being a total assfuck...I should be off that weekend if my normal two weekends working and one weekend off pattern remains the same and they don't decide to randomly schedule me for some reason.

z0rd0n: Your welcome to come, as I don't see why not...its a chance for you to meet the many fellow crazy Otaku of Michigan. Also even though you only just arrived, your already considered part of our little crazy family....XD

z0rd0n
03-09-2008, 06:43 PM
well thanks buddy, I will definately make it there... but sadly I might need to be PMed an address and directions... or just an address because mapquest is like that, and godly.

Melima331
03-10-2008, 10:30 PM
I will pm the address soon. I just ask that if you are bringing someone other than yourself that you mention it. If I have not met you, you are, of course, still invited, just remember to be respectful of all my equipment and games when you are here. That is all I ask :-)

Uchihacest69
03-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Awesome. anyone cosplaying? i might bring a friend too. some of you met ohbawls.

Shei Valentine
03-11-2008, 12:56 PM
I might wear my Hinata Hyuuga costume. Haven't decided just yet

Raiji Magiwind
03-11-2008, 02:31 PM
YAY!! After the combined staff of me department sort of subtally placed enough hints around the department to tell boss to give of rest of damned schedule for last 3 weeks of this block, they finally gave it to us, and I am free!!! So all I seek now shall be a ride to and from more then likely. Don't mind me if the mind is still slightly gutter-ish, since i may be coming off the bachlorette party the night before...XD for my best friend.

As to what I shall wear, I have no idea yet. Maybe I will dust off something from the past....

Melima331
03-11-2008, 06:44 PM
If anyone wants to cosplay, feel free! Maybe I will too! I love an excuse to wear a costume. If we are bored, we can freak people out by visiting the Wal-mart down the street in our costumes (and we can pick up refreshments while we're there). I live less than a mile from the Wal-mart on 23 mile off the Van dyke expressway if anyone knows where that is.

z0rd0n
03-11-2008, 07:03 PM
I would wear my Mihawk costume, but the sword's in florida and I've put on some love a.k.a. lbs... so yeah, I think I'll just go as me XD

Raiji Magiwind
03-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Well if possible could you PM me your address to me Melima. If at worst I can probabaly take the bus out to the area over to Lakeside Mall, but would just need a ride home. If I recall you mentioning earlier, your not to far off from Lakeside. I mean walking from point A to point B ain't too hard for me...XD...
Hell I've walked from 15 and Van Dyke out of bordom cause I got tired waiting for a bus...:P Managed to walk almost 2/3 the way to Gratiot by the time the bus passed me...O.O

Uchihacest69
03-13-2008, 12:15 PM
oooo. i have a new mad hatter that i wanna wear. fun stuff.

Deuce_VII
03-13-2008, 12:39 PM
*steps from the shadows*

I just might be able to show up :P

Melima, i'll need that address too plz :)

Might wear what i have done of Nero from DMC4. Or something from RE. :D We'll see.

Raiji Magiwind
03-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Hummmm....what to wear...what to wear...XD

Shei Valentine
03-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Now reporting from scenic office at my job (cuz my comp is above and beyond dead).
There's a slight chance that I might be Rushuna (or what I have done)!
Any word on a time for this event?

Melima331
03-17-2008, 10:26 PM
As for the time, I was thinking evening, maybe 7 or 8? If you want we can all meet at my house, or meet up at the Wal-mart near-by. Whatever would be easier to do.

The-Real-Link
03-17-2008, 11:26 PM
As usual, presuming I could hook up with a ride there and back, I'm in.

Uchihacest69
03-18-2008, 10:08 AM
This is happening on the 28th right? *too lazy to look back a few pages*

and 7 o'clock, 8 is too late!!!!

Melima331
03-18-2008, 01:15 PM
It is on sat the 29th.

Raiji Magiwind
03-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Well I shall be there, as for what IDK yet. I'll be coming in with one of our newer memebrs, so we'll have to make sure he feels welcome...

Doug: I sure hope you do make it out to join us...I need my 'tackle Link' fix...XP, though I guess if worse comes to worse I can get you at ACEN...XD
Hummm that should be interesting...a scary looking Child Nel, tackling Link...Oo....:D

Emily: If you do show up, I may have a yaoi or two for ya...so we'll see....:D

Uchihacest69
03-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Right, 29th, thats what i meant. lol.

what time?

YAY!!!! OMG BRING ME YAOI!

Melima331
03-19-2008, 01:44 PM
What time was everyone thinking? I am open to any time as long as it's not too early.

Raiji Magiwind
03-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Emily: Well I got at least one off hand I will give you, the others I might bring will be to read only...though I have to go through my stuff and see whats there...

I can happily PM you a list of what I do have in my 'yaoi' collection if you like...

Melima: I don't really care, though if worse comes to worse, me and the person I'm coming with are willing to probabaly come a little early and help clean/set up, though gotta check with them .

I know as much I will be probably be running around during hte morning to gatehr last of stuff to make my stuff for costumes for ACEN...and such...

Uchihacest69
03-20-2008, 10:16 AM
i say 6 or 7. lmao 29th is really ringing a bell, hopefully i don't have anything to do.

what say you?

Melima331
03-20-2008, 10:45 AM
6 or 7 sounds good. If anyone will be here earlier, please let me know so I can make sure I am home and not picking up any last min supplies.

z0rd0n
03-21-2008, 09:58 AM
how punctual is everyone in this group? because in Florida most of the parties that started at 6-7 ended up startin' at 9-10... just curious.

Melima331
03-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Even if everyone is on time, sometimes it takes a little bit for them to get started.
So how many people do I have coming? 6 or 7? Also, if anyone needs directions still, pm me.
As for cosplay, I haven't decided what to wear. I may wear my nariko, but I probably will be more likely to throw on my Death or elf costume.

The-Real-Link
03-22-2008, 06:26 PM
I think as far as cosplay goes, I'll leave my stuff at home. Melima's place is going to be quite crowded and if I wore all my gear, I'd be walking sideways the entire night :p

Of course I can offer it up but if anyone wants I can bring Wii along with Brawl and stuff. My brother might still have my TV back at college though so can't promise an extra just yet.

Raiji Magiwind
03-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Well if I finish the last of the sewing up...you might catch Child Nel...minus the wig (since thats on order)...XD

Shei Valentine
03-22-2008, 08:59 PM
I plan on sewing all day tomorrow (minus boot covers, gloves, and hip holster), so there's a good chance the lovely Miss Tendou will be removing everyone's will to fight come party night. Who wants to get the first hug? ^_^

Raiji Magiwind
03-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Perhaps we shall induct our new member first...XD
He'll be coming with me, barring we prayfully don't get lost...D

Though...who knows, if the wig some hows shows before then, then I shall have the full costume...

-speaking of I need to go get more stuff to use for the makeup to do her little scar and stuff..-

z0rd0n
03-23-2008, 02:10 AM
OMG I haven't played brawl but it looks simply beautiful.... dear jeebus!

Melima331
03-23-2008, 12:17 PM
I have a Wii and 2 Wii controllers. I also have 4 gamecube controllers (I prefer to play brawl on them, it's easier). I don't have many games for Wii, so feel free to bring them. I also have guiter hero (1,2, and 80s). My boyfriend has Rock band (PS3). I might be able to get that too.

z0rd0n
03-23-2008, 01:57 PM
now all we need is DODGEBALL!!! who's game?

Uchihacest69
03-23-2008, 09:44 PM
I plan on sewing all day tomorrow (minus boot covers, gloves, and hip holster), so there's a good chance the lovely Miss Tendou will be removing everyone's will to fight come party night. Who wants to get the first hug? ^_^

Dude....

Dibs.

Jaquil
03-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Hi hi, i thought the get-together sounded pretty good. Would it be fine if I got the address and the directions too? I don't know many people in MI who cosplay and this would be a great opportnity to meet some new friends =].

dazzledxdreams
03-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Melima! I plan on going, and I might be bringing my boyfriend. I remember where you live, so you do not have to pm me anything. Should I bring any food? Maybe pierogies?

Melima331
03-24-2008, 08:40 PM
Yes bring food or drinks! Anything is helpful since I really don't know exactly how many I am buying for.

Raiji Magiwind
03-25-2008, 03:05 PM
Hummm...perhaps I shall whip something up...though what I have now clue yet...><

Mimette
03-25-2008, 04:14 PM
I still dont' know if me and the husband are coming.... I am going to need directions none the less.

Shei Valentine
03-25-2008, 07:05 PM
I'm bringing Funfetti cupcakes!!

I lied. No Rushuna XD
I went fabric shopping again and fell in love with something, so I have to make Hina a new outfit ^^

The-Real-Link
03-28-2008, 04:07 AM
Been busy working on stuff with Morgan lately and work... Sorry for not following the threads as closely as I should but I was still wondering if someone might be able to swing by to pick me up please? If you're able to, just post here or give me a call as I'll be out doing stuff all day tomorrow and away from the computer. Many thanks in advance.

dazzledxdreams
03-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Mimette! You absolutely must come!!! I misses you!

Raiji Magiwind
03-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Been busy working on stuff with Morgan lately and work... Sorry for not following the threads as closely as I should but I was still wondering if someone might be able to swing by to pick me up please? If you're able to, just post here or give me a call as I'll be out doing stuff all day tomorrow and away from the computer. Many thanks in advance.

Hummm...depends on where your all heading to off and on tommorrow as I know I plan to get together with our new guy and hit a few places myself. If per chance your near somewhere we stop at I could try and ask him if he doesn't mind grabbing you, though I'll have to see what he says first.

-goes back to figuring out WTF to make or bring for everyone...-

Melima331
03-28-2008, 03:49 PM
If anyone still needs directions, pm me.
I may wear my Nariko costume, we'll see. I was hoping to set up a small area for pics, but I think we will have to work that out when everyone is here.

Sala
03-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Aw, nuts. I'm out of town for this event. One of these days I'll actually make it to an event (on time) and meet everyone. *sigh*

Oooh...but how would people feel about a Cosplay Picnic in Ann Arbor in May? The date could be negotiable, but I was sort of thinking along the lines of me hosting a shindig by renting a pavilion at a local park and BBQing, running from about 11am - 4pm, with optional fun afterwards. Would anyone be interested?

z0rd0n
03-28-2008, 08:36 PM
If I'm not workin' and if I can get a ride, I'm down :angel:

Liberi Fatali
03-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Oooh...but how would people feel about a Cosplay Picnic in Ann Arbor in May? The date could be negotiable, but I was sort of thinking along the lines of me hosting a shindig by renting a pavilion at a local park and BBQing, running from about 11am - 4pm, with optional fun afterwards. Would anyone be interested?

A cosplay picnic would be awesome!

Also, though we're still discussing it, the anime club at KCC in Battle Creek is talking about hosting some cosplay roller skating at one of the local skating rinks sometime in april. Hopefully we'll get something definite decided soon.

Uchihacest69
03-28-2008, 09:40 PM
wearing misa tomorrow. ^^

the twins have been inside all winter and need some air. *giggle*

Shei Valentine
03-28-2008, 11:45 PM
I should have my new geisha outfit done. If not, Hinata Hyuuga will be making her debut ^_^

The-Real-Link
03-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Ok caught up on things here at Brad's. Ragi, I'll give you a call about a ride. Thanks.

Exalderan
03-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Aw, nuts. I'm out of town for this event. One of these days I'll actually make it to an event (on time) and meet everyone. *sigh*

That would be awesome. Though it must not coincide with ACen. If it were, I would be unable to attend. A good BBQ is always delicious.

Deuce_VII
03-29-2008, 03:07 PM
I'll be at Melima's party ^^

cya all there :P

bar1scorpio
03-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Can i get directions to Melima's

Sala
03-29-2008, 08:50 PM
That would be awesome. Though it must not coincide with ACen. If it were, I would be unable to attend. A good BBQ is always delicious.

Never fear! I'll be attending ACEN myself, so it would be quite something trying to run a BBQ in Michigan while attending a con in Illinois... :D

z0rd0n
03-30-2008, 03:58 PM
shadowclone picnic, wtf?

The-Real-Link
03-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks again for hosting, Melima! It was great being able to catch up with everyone since Youma / Ohayo for the most part. As soon as photos are done I'll be posting them on LJ soon and will provide a link.

Z0rd0n - Thanks to you and Ragi for the ride and everything. Very much appreciated.

Shei Valentine
03-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Let me be the first to thank Melima for the awesome party yesterday/into the wee hours of this morning. I have NEVER karaoke-ed til 4am before!!

Anyone have any of the good quotes to throw my way? There was so much going on, I didn't have a chance to write nearly anything down!

It was nice to meet new people, and my pictures should be up sometime tomorrow.

The-Real-Link
03-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Other than the new guy quote and the Wii one, I was off my game of quotable quotes this time Shei :) Besides, if I try to recall anything that Emo-ily or several others came up with, it'd not be safe to post it on forums here, haha!

**Edit - Did any of you guys happen to have left a Wii Sports sleeve with just the game disc in it in my bag? I also found a Smash Bros. Brawl game case with a 1 GB PNY SD card in it but no game or manual. I will check the card soon to see if I can find the proper owner of said stuff.**

In case it's someone from our group, just let me know and I can get it in the mail or give it back ASAP. Thanks.

Shei Valentine
03-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Okay, I got my LJ post done with the few pictures I took. Here y'all go!

http://camui-shei.livejournal.com/112549.html

The-Real-Link
03-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Ok guys. Looked at the SD card and turns out between Wii data, photos of Toronto and Cleveland as well as a lot of photos of people I know, the problem's solved. Card belongs to the brother of a couple of my business associates and must've gotten mixed up in the bag from my brother taking the system to a friend's house.

Starting to work on photos now. Should have them done by tonight.

The-Real-Link
03-31-2008, 12:20 AM
Sorry for double-posting but Party Photos are now online as well as a mini-report via my LJ.

http://thereallink.livejournal.com/

Enjoy :)

Shei Valentine
03-31-2008, 12:49 AM
LMAO @ the Wesker shots at the the end!

As usual, your pictures are made of win and flavor!

z0rd0n
03-31-2008, 01:13 AM
Sorry guys for being so quiet, next time I shall hopefully not be sick and we should play board games! If anyone has any Steve Jackson games or Apples to Apples then that's totally a <3 for you if you bring it.

Uchihacest69
03-31-2008, 10:09 AM
awww, love the bun bun pictures.

lets karaoke at the place next, i love doing that ^^

bar1scorpio
03-31-2008, 12:32 PM
And i just got disillusioned. One of my ideas for guests is shot down because while the face was one guy, his voice was dubbed over.

My idea was "those guys from the FreeCreditReport.com commercials."

*sigh* what could have been....

Deuce_VII
03-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Thank you very much for letting us drop in on ya, Melima! ^^

T'was a blast...and I promise I'll have something fun to sing well next time :P

Was cool meeting the new people too...and welcome, y'all! :) Look forward to chillin' again with all of ya again!

Raiji Magiwind
03-31-2008, 02:21 PM
I too enjoyed myself greatly, so thank you Melima for having all of over.
For Em, I happy that I made you happy with some yaoi..XD...If I have a few more lying around I find, then I'll bring them around the next time we all gather...

(I do commisions on a rare occasion and pretty much get paid with anything and everything....actual money, Yaoi/other manga, a commision from them, artwork, and other odd goodies- like a Bleach fan and stuff. Usually if I already have it, I still accept it, then offer then up to others I know who will want them...:D)

Strangly enough after I got home I still stayed up another 8-10 hours before I crashed comepletely being I had been up since 5am Saturday, working on Nel some more.

I took that time to finish her up and work on her wig which apparently came in the mail while I was out all day...XD (along with my wig for Turk Vincent). So now Nel's all done. Yay!

Now as it seems its time for us all to start running around like crazy ones and get all ready for ACEN....:D

Me need to still get fricken shoes for friends wedding...><...It's just I can't find anything I like....might have to pull out something I have I like and have some fun with it...

Ohbawls
03-31-2008, 04:29 PM
Definatly had a great time, nice to meet all the new people! Thanks for letting us chill at your houseeeee <3 You're a great hostess! Hehe.

Melima331
03-31-2008, 06:10 PM
Your welcome everyone! You were awesome guests and I can't wait for the next gathering!

Sala
04-01-2008, 10:01 AM
All the photos look great - now I'm *really* sad that I missed this party!

(but I guess grad school is more important...) ;)

Ohbawls
04-02-2008, 09:49 AM
Is anyone here a frequent newtype buyer?
I'm looking for January 2008.

Melima331
04-02-2008, 12:27 PM
I may have Jan newtype, I'll have to check. What was on the cover?

Uchihacest69
04-04-2008, 08:10 AM
so what next?!!!!!

my grad party is coming up soon. can't garauntee it will beat katy-con, but i'll still have a lot of fun.

Shei Valentine
04-04-2008, 10:46 PM
so what next?!!!!!

my grad party is coming up soon. can't garauntee it will beat katy-con, but i'll still have a lot of fun.

Hmm...yeah, Katy-con was epic. And this past Melima-con ranks pretty high, too. Oh, and we can't forget Limey-con!! We're just gonna have to see how awesome Emoly-con will be....

....dammit, now I wanna have a Shei-con XD

manga_freak108
04-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Because I'm probably going this year as Light Yagami and I was wondering if anyone goes as L so I can yaoi with them!!

Does anyone know anyone going as L to JAFAX?
I would really appreciate it!! =]

~Rachel [[Light Yagami]]

Uchihacest69
04-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Hmm...yeah, Katy-con was epic. And this past Melima-con ranks pretty high, too. Oh, and we can't forget Limey-con!! We're just gonna have to see how awesome Emoly-con will be....

....dammit, now I wanna have a Shei-con XD

lol won't be much. i'll be making my rounds with my friends and family and everyone else that comes. trying to go for moulin rouge themed. but we'll see ^^

z0rd0n
04-06-2008, 04:15 AM
If we're havin' another get together, just hit me up with a date and directions? I'll make time, and I might have a buddy from florida up here at the time. yay!

Liberi Fatali
04-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Good news! I just got confirmation from my anime club director about the roller skating event the anime club here at KCC in Battle Creek was planning. We've gotten permission from the rink to attend on saturday, April 19th.

Please note, though, as it's an open skate, so no props are allowed D:

And, well, you'd probably want to wear a skate-safe costume...

Midway Roller Rink is located at
11448 Michigan Ave E
Battle Creek, MI 49014
Link! (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=11448+Michigan+Ave+E,+Battle+Creek,+MI+49014&sll=42.742978,-84.946289&sspn=1.089235,2.208252&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr)

And it's open from 2 t0 5 pm

Raiji Magiwind
04-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Hummm...depends on how many of us have recovered or are back from ACEN that weekend....Oo

Hephteous
04-09-2008, 08:41 PM
Hummm...depends on how many of us have recovered or are back from ACEN that weekend....Oo
Isn't ACEN May 16-18? The roller skating is April 19.
Should be fine. :3
Unless you're talking about something else>>

Lystrade
04-10-2008, 01:34 AM
Anyone up for seeing the Forbidden Kingdom on the 18th? :D, I know me and z0rd0n plan on going~! I actually plan on visiting Michigan for 2 weeks (15th-28th), so if there are any events going on let me know. XD

Roller skating sounds fun :D

manga_freak108
04-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Still, does anyone know anyone cosplaying as L (Death Note) preferably a girl at JAFAX? I would really appreciate the help because I think it would be fun to yaoi with them........

#^_^#

I'll be on the internet for a while so tell me if any of you know anyone going as L so I can yaoi with themmmmmmm...... :chatah:

~Rachel.

Raiji Magiwind
04-11-2008, 06:39 AM
Isn't ACEN May 16-18? The roller skating is April 19.
Should be fine. :3
Unless you're talking about something else>>

Oo....see what lack of sleep does to ya..><....as for myself, I'll be at a wedding all day so I know I shall not be able to join everyone...

Uchihacest69
04-11-2008, 07:29 AM
Going to a My Chemical Romance concert that day. besides, battle creek? Whoo! I no have the gas or time for that one.

Exalderan
04-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Anyone up for seeing the Forbidden Kingdom on the 18th? :D, I know me and z0rd0n plan on going~! I actually plan on visiting Michigan for 2 weeks (15th-28th), so if there are any events going on let me know. XD

Roller skating sounds fun :D

Sounds good, i wanted to see that movie.

As for the skating, i think i might be out. Its a bit of a drive for me this week. I just got back from a trip to wisconsin.

bar1scorpio
04-15-2008, 02:23 PM
I'll mention that this weekend, April 18-20, is also the PenguiCon weekend. So many of us will also be in the Troy area (same hotel as YoumaCon). that could help determine what theater to go see it at. (Thinking AMC near the Buffalo Wild Wings.)

harayumi
04-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Still, does anyone know anyone cosplaying as L (Death Note) preferably a girl at JAFAX? I would really appreciate the help because I think it would be fun to yaoi with them........

#^_^#

I'll be on the internet for a while so tell me if any of you know anyone going as L so I can yaoi with themmmmmmm...... :chatah:

~Rachel.
Well, I'm not sure if she'll do the yaoi thing, I would have to ask her. But I know one person who is going as L. Probably more, I just forgot XD My friend Rissa is. If you want to know anything else, or a way to contact her, just let me know :]

bar1scorpio
04-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Actually I figured the place would be lousy with Ls, like every other con nowadays.

limey
04-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Um... (knocks on screen * dust falls) Is anyone here? (notices dilapidated sign "closed until after Acen") Are there any plans for the group coming up during the coming summer?

And don't worry L's are like yuna's you will trip over one at every corner.

Raiji Magiwind
04-28-2008, 08:31 PM
-pokes away a few cobwebs- Wow, so there are a few still living folks around here? I was thinking of placing random calls out to the few MCS folks I do have numbers for and just doing a kinda...ish ye all still alive call...XD

Though I guess with the final countdown and crunch before ACEN, everyones probably running around like nuts to finish getting ready for it...XD

Shei Valentine
04-29-2008, 10:41 AM
I think that's pretty much it. We're at just a little over 2 weeks now, aren't we?

I should mention though, for those who don't read my LJ, that Jeff (my Canadian bf, for those not in the know), will be flying in the Sunday before the con. He's gonna be here from May 11th thru the 24th, which means yes, he's coming to Acen ^^

Deuce_VII
04-29-2008, 01:35 PM
*waves* i'm here too :)

btw, for what it's worth, I'll be doing a Light cosplay @ ACEN, as well as my other ones, just fyi

Shei Valentine
04-29-2008, 01:38 PM
*waves* i'm here too :)

btw, for what it's worth, I'll be doing a Light cosplay @ ACEN, as well as my other ones, just fyi

I'm trying to convince Jeff to do L, but I'm not sure if that's actually gonna happen XD

Melima331
05-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I am a bit behind in my Black mage Rikku, but I am alomst done. I should finish now that I am out of school.

Shei Valentine
05-01-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm trying to finish up Rushuna. I hit a snag with the boot covers, so Beth and I are going to search for some hot pink boots, or at least some white ones I can paint. And I just need to get the gloves to dye and put the gauntlet things on them.

The-Real-Link
05-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Great to hear Shei!

Shei Valentine
05-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Good news is, I got gloves and boots. The gloves are in the dye as we speak.
Bad news is, the boots don't quite fit (stupid thick waitress calves >_<), so when Jeff gets here, we're gonna try to work boot covers onto them so I don't have to zip them up XD

Raiji Magiwind
05-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Well can't wait to see how it turns out...not to mention can't wait to see this mysterious Jeff...XD

I'm kinda excited though for my Turk Vincent cosplay, since the one piece I needed from the official Shin-Ra collection that was sold out initially, I put on back order came in and if the cosplay gods grant me luck I will get the final piece about 3 days before ACEN...so I am kinda excited, since it means I will have the Shin-Ra lapel pin for my Turk Vinnie in time for ACEN....

Of course, I'm also excited, cause I finally managed to establish credit...!! WOO! So now I can at least work on that to build a credit history finally...which will come in handy for me later...XD

Melima331
05-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Would anybody be interested in having a pool party/BBQ at my house some time this summer? I thought I'd mention it now so if anyone is interested, we can plan way ahead of time.

Shei Valentine
05-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Melima, you know we all love having parties at your place! A cosplay bbq would be awesome!

Melima331
05-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Maybe we can all agree on a date in June or July (so my pool will be warm). Sundays are the best day of the week for me because I tend not to do research on that day.

Raiji Magiwind
05-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Well I'm more then likely game, just give me a date so I can let you know if its good, or at least at worse if it after the current schedule I can try and get it off or maybe see if someone wants to switch a day with me...if in the current schedule

Deuce_VII
05-25-2008, 04:19 PM
oooohh...a pool! soo coming ^^

SlvrCrest
05-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Seeing that June is filled up for me, I would love for it to be in July.

z0rd0n
05-27-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm down for either or. Are we going to play marco polo?! guh that game is soooo fun!

Melima331
05-27-2008, 02:58 PM
I love marco polo! I can put up the volleyball net in the pool as well.

venus2869
06-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Has anyone seen that they are showing a Bleach movie in Livonia next wed & thurs??!! Anyone game for a wed night showing??

Melima331
06-05-2008, 01:40 PM
I heard that! I thought the AMC forum 30 is playing it too? I don't think I could make it out to Livonia next week, but maybe. I'll have to see how my research progresses...

Raiji Magiwind
06-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Oddly, Venus got to teh Bleach thing before I did, as I was gonna ask the same thing. I myself was planning to posibly head out to it, if I can find a away out there. I was planning to also go Wednesday night.

As for other theatres outide the Livonia one, the other place is Michigan doing the movie are:

AMC Livonia 20
19500 HAGGERTY ROAD
LIVONIA, MI 48152

Canton Cinema
43555 FORD RD
CANTON, MI 48187

Ann Arbor Showcase Cinemas
4100 CARPENTER ROAD
YPSILANTI, MI 48197

Quality 16
3686 JACKSON ROAD
ANN ARBOR, MI 48103

Flint West Showcase Cinemas
1591 SOUTH GRAHAM ROAD
FLINT TOWNSHIP, MI 48532

Jackson 10
1501 NORTH WISNER
JACKSON, MI 49202

Saginaw 8 / Quad
3250 KABOBEL
SAGINAW, MI 48604

Lansing Mall Cinemas
921 MALL DR W
LANSING, MI 48917

The Jackson 10, Saginaw 8 and Lansing one are all Box Office only, but the rest you can go for online. This is info fromt eh site that usually does these things: www.fathomevents.com

If i could possibly get a ride, from others planning to go tot the Livonia showing, then I would be willing to offer to in return (and any others who are willing to pay me back for it), to go online and buy the tickets in advance so that we have them before the show and don't have to be stuck in the lines. Also with my Movie Watcher card I avoid the surcharge of ordering online, as wella s can aquire them before they go on sale to to the public officially on June 9th (which I can also do as a Shonen Jump e-mail subscriber).

On other things, I was also gonna see if any folks where thinking of going to the parade tommorow, downtown for the Red Wings, since I figured if so maybe the lot of us could get together or something at some point.

Melima331
06-06-2008, 04:31 PM
I was at the wings parade! I would have met people if I would have known. Yay Wings!! I am a huge fan.

Raiji Magiwind
06-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Melima: Too bad I didn't run into ya down there....I was right on the corner of Woodward and Jefferson directly across from the Fist of Joe Louis, right where they made the turn to U-turn onto Jefferson and into Hart Plaza...
Did ya manage to stop by Cheli's Chili while the cup was there along with most of the team...?(not long after they let out of the Plaza), cause they where there with the Stanley Cup, and yes folks I got to, along with a large number of folks managed to get close enough for a while to get a drink of some Labatt's out of the Cup....:D...was sheer awsomeness... though god forbid I was crushed close enough into the bar, which had several Wings standing on it playing pass the cup...that I came close to kissing there feet a couple times...><

Melima331
06-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I would have gone if I would have known! However, my boyfrind had to work at 3pm, so we left right after the parade went by. I would love to have gotten a pic with the cup (and Filppula too!).

Raiji Magiwind
06-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Humm...so what shall us masses do for the upcoming summer....neh?

As to the big things off hand not much I can think up outside the last discussed event which was brought up by Melima.

As for things coming up soon, the coming weekend of June 21 is the fireworks for the City of Roseville, which I will more then likely attend, and I figured if there are any nearby fellow MCS'er feeling up to it, are more then welcome to join me. Though if you do drive to the area, I suggest parking a few side streets down and walking over to the park (Roseville's Memorial Park/Field) which is on Barkman. It's near 11 mile, close to Groveland....If you come from Martin road its the street with Roseville Jr. High on the corner, in which you would go all the way to the other end by 11 mile, and just after the school's practice field. From 11 mile, it's the corner with a party store, and candy shop and the bar Club 11. From 11 mile, you just go down the street past the party store, which if recall is orange-ish and the place it right next to it.

The event itself is free though if you bring a few bucks you can buy tickets to either enter some raffles for different baskets (usually the proceeds go to Project Art In Roseville or the Library) or a handful of tickets for the "Taste of Roseville" they usually have set up. Several businesses usually provide various eats which you trade the ticket in for. You usually get a good little portion too...I recall last year had I believe Logans, Coldstone Creamery...adn a few others

So feel free to come drop by and seek out the chick with the orange blanket (Probably somewhere near the gazebo area) and more then likely green and white striped "Urahara Hat". Or you can also PM me and the like and I'll give you my number if you don't already have it, then you can call me and I can meet you at a spot or something or wave you down...XD.

Shei Valentine
06-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Mount Clemens is having their fireworks on June 27th (part of their "Stars and Stripes" festival). I've already been informed I'll be stuck working that night (most likely as a waitress), so if anyone here plans on going to said fireworks, feel free to drop into my job and say hello (and/or get something to eat) when they're over. ^_^

z0rd0n
06-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Guys I kinda got an event going on! My sister might move back to FLORIDA! Meaning either I go back, too... or quickly ask, Is anyone looking for a room mate or know of a cheap place to live in MI?

limey
06-17-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm looking to have a get together in mid to late August. The MCS crew will be invited. Details are to follow,at a later date when more is crystal.

Sorry about your sudden change in situation there Z0rd0n

Raiji Magiwind
06-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Why limey has come out of hibernation...XD

I'm usually game unless something comes up....
AWA is about the only thing major for me upcoming so to speak though that's not till Sept. 19-21...

Also still open on the offer for any interested in joining me for the fireworks this weekend here in Roseville...just drop in and seek me out or if you have or need my number, let me know...

limey
06-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Why limey has come out of hibernation...XD

I wasn't in hibernation, coma Maybe...

z0rd0n
06-18-2008, 09:07 AM
haha it's alright, I'm just going back to Florida and probably joining the Air Force, I might see some of you at some random cons, oh yeah.

bar1scorpio
06-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Well, the next couple of weekends I'm hard pressed to see anything that I'm doing other than Anime Next & AnthroCon, but I've no current plans for July, actually.

I'm all up for the pool party, and whatever weekend fireworks or festivals in everyone's respective areas.

Melima331
06-18-2008, 08:13 PM
We have to pick a sunday in July for our pool party. I also have some fun improv games we can play as well! Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Lady_Atreil
06-18-2008, 09:28 PM
considerin i now work in a deli...i can bring food...like cicken or ribs or soemthing....buuutt..uhm....uhm...as long as i know like a week or so ahead..i can come.....one question..will there be....cosplay? or just general pool party fun?

Melima331
06-18-2008, 11:18 PM
You can cosplay if you want! Just remember, it may be hot and to bring a suit. We can do a photo shoot outside if people want to bring cosplays.

Lady_Atreil
06-19-2008, 12:29 AM
i have cosplay swimwear for dark link...wig and all..and casual saix...so i can cosplay and swim for DL..or just cosplay and bring a suit for later for saix..^_^
do we have a date....and do we need any specific food?
i get discounts at my grocery store as well. ^_^

Melima331
06-19-2008, 06:11 PM
As for food, just bring anything you like. If everyone brings a food or drink, that would be great! I have a BBQ, and we can make s'mores as well. What does everyone think for a day? Maybe July 13 (sunday)?

Lady_Atreil
06-19-2008, 08:56 PM
if the 13th is finalized....i can ask for it off by tomorrow for a good chance of getting it.....otherwise..i cans till ask for it off up to a week in advance. (before wed.) or i'm going to beg, borrow, steal..or call in sick.

Raiji Magiwind
06-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Well at the moment if I follow my normal pattern for weekends off I should be off that Sunday, so that should work for me, though I would suggest starting a bit early so we have to time to hang out and so on, as I know I would more then likely not be able to stay late intot he eving...unless I get very lucky and happen to snag a 3 day weekend....(there rare, but happen). Not sure how I'll get out that way yet though, so we shall see. I might attempt to bring out the of the "Duchess" Larexene I plan to debut at AWA for the Org. XIII Wonderland Tea Party event being done, so who knows...:D

EDIT: (June 23, 2008) Finally got the schedule, and huzzah...my pattern did follow right and I do have that weekend off, so 13th would be prefect for me. Perfect in the fact that the boss gave me that rare 3 day weekend that weekend...so I have Monday off as well. As is stands I will probably hop the bus out that way, though I'll probabaly have to get your address again or such Melima, so we'll see. I'm probably gonna PM you later anywho since I want to ask you some stuff anyway.

bar1scorpio
06-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Sunday, July 13th sounds good to me.

Melima331
06-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Alright so let's plan on the 13th. Hopefully the weather will be good, but we can always hang in my basement if it is not. We'll have to plan for food. What does everyone want?

Lady_Atreil
06-24-2008, 08:42 PM
I can bring chicken...ribs....potato salad..anyting..being that i work in a grocery store...^_^ now that the 13th is decided on, i can ask for it off, and likely egt it. but one thing..directions?

Raiji Magiwind
06-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Well IDK for sure what I will bring though I may bring the ingrediants to make some spinach dip (as if i make it at home before hand, it might not make it to the party...XD), which is based on the recipe we use at where I work. Very easy, very good and is usually inhaled by the denizens of Henry Ford Macomb-Warren Campus...will bring recipe if any want it.

See those who join us on the 13th... -waves-

Shei Valentine
06-25-2008, 01:05 PM
I can try to make it. Work has been getting awfully pissy about people asking for time off. I won't know til the last minute if I can go or not.

If I can, I'll be sure to make some chocolate cornets and wear my Lucky Star summer uniform ^_^

Melima331
06-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Shei you have to come! We can sing!
I am not sure what I will wear. The only really comfortable costume I have is my Fuu.

Raiji Magiwind
06-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Yes, yes...the Shei should come...if thou can do so....I know how you feel about them pissy bosses...mine are like that from May to mid September since that when where fighting for our vacations...so hence why I stick my vacations for ACEN up in like March and AWA in July or so, that way they can't try to pull stuff on me.

I will probabaly try and attempt to do my Duchess Larexene piece (which will debut at AWA) if I can finish up and find the last pieces I want for it before the BBQ. If not, then if I manage to get the think dry cleaned before then, I shall wear my kimono I managed to aquire at ACEN.

Shei Valentine
06-26-2008, 12:45 AM
Awww....I feel teh luv!
Okay, I'll put a request in the envelope tomorrow and we'll see what happens. Sundays are funny at my job. As of late, I either have them off, or I've been in the kitchen.

Deuce_VII
06-27-2008, 11:55 AM
I shall try to make it too :P

My updated nero may make an appearance ^^

Shei Valentine
06-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Well, the request is in the envelope (is typing this from teh work interwebs), so now we just have to wait and see.

On a more official note, speaking of my job, I'm no longer a waitress. I have been officially moved to the "back of the house", and will be working as a cook/prepgirl/dishwasher on top of my relief manager duties. Go me!! (>'')> <(' ')> <(''<)

bar1scorpio
07-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Sweet! If you've a time to arrive approx. on the 13th, that'll be good, too. I wonder if Venus could do my hair so I look like Reno?

Feh, I'm too fat to be Reno. He's like, Reno. I'm like... half of Nevada.

Melima331
07-02-2008, 06:47 PM
What time does everyone think? We can go as late as you want.

Raiji Magiwind
07-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Well since I don't have to work Monday, I pretty flexible...though Melima could you please PM me back? I know I PM'ed you about a week or so ago about some details I wanted to talk with you about and I didn't hear back from ya..

Shei Valentine
07-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Me and Deuce were planning on heading to Melima's around 4pm (providing I get the day off). Is that good? I dunno if I have to work on that following day, though.

I'm gonna wear my Lucky Star summer uniform, but pass on the wig/headband. Guess that means I'll be cosplaying as Misao (a secondary character for all you non-LS fans, lol)

Raiji Magiwind
07-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Thou shalt pray the Gods give you that day off Shei...:D
Like me, I'm siure you need it.

At this moment, barring any issues, I plan to probabaly bring some spinach dip and maybe (if i can get the recipie from my co-worker) a garlic dip, both very yummy, with some chips, crackers and some pita bread to dip with. Anything else will depend on if i feel like lugging it all...XD

Shei Valentine
07-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Odds are good that I'll be in attendance!!

Hey Melima, question: one of my regulars gave me a pretty decent sized firework (like, we're talking one that actually shoots up). Is it okay for me to bring it for us to set off, or would parents and/or neighbors complain?

Melima331
07-05-2008, 09:04 PM
I am not sure about the firework. My parents probably wouldn't mind, but my neighbors may complain, especialy if it is not allowed in michigan (I am not sure what the laws are).

Shei Valentine
07-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Darn it! =P
Ah well. Maybe someone can get their hands on some sparklers or something. ^^ Would make for some cute pictures outside when it's dark.

The-Real-Link
07-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Ah nice to see a date be arranged for this event. Looking forward to hanging out with you all again ^^. Usual case though - if anyone's able to swing by my place on the way up to give me a ride and back, it would be appreciated. I probably won't be doing anything costume-related, but I figure it'd be a great time to BBQ, hang out and swim or something.

Raiji Magiwind
07-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Yesh, the Link must be there...XD -Ish in need of huggling the Link- XD

-Hopes to finish her Duchess Larexene so at least a few pictures can be had, so I can send one to my buddy to use to help make the badge for the KH Tea Party thing I'm doing at AWA...-

venus2869
07-08-2008, 03:02 PM
So do we have a start time for this shindig?? I did get it off, me, Corrinne & possibly by SO Chris will be attending.

I will be bringing meat & veggies, if tips are good this week... :toothy:

Melima331
07-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Well, anytime is fine with me. Does anyone still need directions?

SlvrCrest
07-09-2008, 06:51 AM
I'm going to make my way down there. I kind of remember the way, but directions would hurt

venus2869
07-09-2008, 08:30 AM
We are grilling right?? If so, how big is it. With me becoming a prep cook, I've been itching to use some of the stuff I've been learning at my work.

I wanted to do some veggies and fruit on the grill, so I wanted to make sure I would have enough room for it!

bar1scorpio
07-09-2008, 10:02 AM
I could use yer addy PMed to me again.

Hm... nobody ever mentions like, bring some Mikes Hard or Wine Coolers or Captain Morgan's to these shindigs...

Melima331
07-09-2008, 11:42 AM
I have a decent sized grill. My brother was also repairing our fire pit and adding a metal grill over that, but I am not sure if that will be finished (but maybe we can still make s'mores though!).

SlvrCrest
07-09-2008, 05:45 PM
I'll try and whip up some dessert for this......anyone have a preference to orange or raspberry flavors?

Raiji Magiwind
07-09-2008, 08:58 PM
I could use yer addy PMed to me again.

Hm... nobody ever mentions like, bring some Mikes Hard or Wine Coolers or Captain Morgan's to these shindigs...

LOL...well I guess I could clear out my remaining stock if the over 21 members want a little booze....though you driving...then you no touchy...or I takith your keys...and trust me I'll beat ya over the head to get them keys if I have to...XD
If anything, you have a drink, you at least wait a few hours before you drive man...Oo...

Let see I think I got some Hot Damn, some Captain's and maybe some Jack...I can't remember....there kinda scattered in various hiding spots so the 17 year old sister can't find 'em to try and steal some...

bar1scorpio
07-10-2008, 06:24 PM
LOL...well I guess I could clear out my remaining stock if the over 21 members want a little booze....though you driving...then you no touchy...or I takith your keys...and trust me I'll beat ya over the head to get them keys if I have to...XD
If anything, you have a drink, you at least wait a few hours before you drive man...Oo...

Let see I think I got some Hot Damn, some Captain's and maybe some Jack...I can't remember....there kinda scattered in various hiding spots so the 17 year old sister can't find 'em to try and steal some...

And some Ice Cream, Milk & a blender?

shinji_hiroshi
07-11-2008, 04:06 AM
I won't be able to make it Venus, I just remembered I promised to kidnap Dar and work on our youma skit. Thanks for informing me about this!

Raiji Magiwind
07-11-2008, 10:25 AM
And some Ice Cream, Milk & a blender?

:rolleyes: Well hey you bring the ice cream and some milk and I'll brink whatever booze I got stashed away...then all can be happy...:drunk:
XD

-ish looking forward much to Sunday-

Also my ACEN pics are FINALLY up!!! So go oogle to your hearts content if you wish...:D

Shei Valentine
07-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Omg...Raiji got a picture of me nomming on my phone XD