PDA

View Full Version : Next Con...

Scortia
06-05-2003, 09:51 AM
I figured since this involves A-kon and cons near it, this'd be the best place to pose this question. I'm trying to figure out what con to go to next year... it's tied up between Animazement, Anime Central, A-kon, and a slim chance for Otakon. From what I can tell, con-goers are generally a lot happier after Animazement than most of us were after A-kon... I'm just asking around since a lot of A-kon'ers attend other conventions too. Also, if anyone is looking for a good-pre-Christmas con, come down to Numa Rei no Con in New Orleans this December! ^.^

diet_otaku
06-05-2003, 11:12 AM
a-kon had a lot more problems this year than it had in years past, in my memory. an exceptionally power-tripping security staff, tons of delays (a friend of mine dubbed it "delay-con") and not enough room for too many people. hopefully moving to a new hotel will help solve some of this. it really all depends on what you look for in a con. i've only ever been to a-kon and itzacon, and the former blew the latter out of the water. i'm thinking about attending animeFEST and/or ushicon this year, but it depends on funds.