PDA

View Full Version : Gurren Lagann 2008

Renton
01-17-2008, 02:07 AM
Well Some one had to do it so here we go. Geting a TTGL group together But Dont have a Location yet so just keep checking will post it up as soon as i can geta tour down.

kalajessta
01-17-2008, 11:15 AM
You know I'll be dragging along one of my many GL cosplays. Probably will decide closer when it gets to Youma Con since I have big projects planned already for it.

Soy Sauce
01-26-2008, 08:16 PM
I think most likely I'll have a TTGL cosplay by then.

Kyora
02-09-2008, 11:22 PM
I was actually working with a group for a GL group, but I haven't contacted them recently about it. I'm planning on cosplaying pre-TS Yoko. We're also planned to have TS Simon, Gurren Lagann (the mech), Adiane, Kinon, and maybe other people...?

Shiroake
02-12-2008, 12:02 PM
I might have one prepared later in the year around Youmacon time..I DO know a friend is definately going to try Kamina! (I'll get to stencil draw his markings on, haha)

Renton
02-20-2008, 01:57 PM
thats defently good to hear. Kala u know that i know and every one one knows lol whats going down.lol. jk but yeah its good to plan ahead and kyora i would love to see ur lagann

Prideful Shame
02-25-2008, 04:44 PM
I'll be going as Adiane and my friend as Viral. My other friend might do Kamina or Cytomander, but he's not sure yet.

MegumiHime
05-26-2008, 11:24 PM
It looks like my TTGL panel was approved. So I'll be premiring a new TTGL cosplay for Youma, which I'll be doing post-time jump Kinon. I believe my boyfriend said he wants to do post-time jump Rossiu as well for Youma Con. Hope to see you guys at the panel and of course, any TTGL photoshoots!

navigated
06-25-2008, 03:46 AM
Will be doing Time Skip (Desert Hobo) Viral! Busted it out at ACen but tragically no one really saw it due to being stuck in the endless reg line for 3 hours.

So finally he'll see some daylight.

OriginalAzrael
07-06-2008, 09:14 AM
Hey, I am from perth in western Australia.

I am known as the Last-minute cosplayer, for my knack at creating good costumes the night before cons.

However, for once, I would like to do something planned.

So here it is....

I want to do a costume of Gurren Lagann. The mecha. Could you guys give me some suggestions on good materials to use.

Suggestion from friends is:
Acrylic for the chest glasses.
Foamboard or hard plastic for the body.

What do you guys suggest?

navigated
07-13-2008, 02:51 AM
Hey, I am from perth in western Australia.

I am known as the Last-minute cosplayer, for my knack at creating good costumes the night before cons.

However, for once, I would like to do something planned.

So here it is....

I want to do a costume of Gurren Lagann. The mecha. Could you guys give me some suggestions on good materials to use.

Suggestion from friends is:
Acrylic for the chest glasses.
Foamboard or hard plastic for the body.

What do you guys suggest?

You're probably going to want to post this in the general Gurren Lagann thread, not in the Gurren Lagann thread for Youmacon - a convention in Michigan. I think you'll get better results there.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=116088

XxkalexX
08-19-2008, 08:34 AM
Black Kamina right here!!!

navigated
08-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Black Kamina right here!!!

Dude, I love you.

I wish I had room for Viral in my schedule this year. I thought I did, but after some careful consideration, I don't think it'll work out. That costume is generally more trouble than its worth.

Mekou
08-19-2008, 03:54 PM
After recently watching the entire series, I decided I'm making 'Disco Pantsuit' Simon for Youmacon. =D

Salubrius
08-25-2008, 10:57 PM
my friend and i may do casual kamina and yomako sensei.. but no promises. we have a lot to do that weekend. xD

TheCandyNinja
09-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Going to be there as Time Skip (desert) Viral, with a Leeron, Nia, Time skip Simon, and Kamina..

Doubt they'll be posting here, though~

navigated
09-06-2008, 10:06 AM
I was gunna bust out Desert Hobo Viral, but due to that costume being way more trouble than I want it to be and not really having time, I don't think it'll happen. Which is kind of a bummer since I missed the GL shoot at ACen too (due to lines - not due to costume being a giant pain in my ass)

Ashli-chan
09-08-2008, 01:22 AM
So, apparently I'm piecing together Yoko's pre-Time Skip outfit. Hopefully I'll have most of it done in time for Youmacon and will be bringing it along.

Zaid
09-19-2008, 05:44 AM
Kamina in full half naked glory. Count me in.

Shiroake
09-27-2008, 10:22 PM
I have discovered that I will be Aniki-less! Doing pretimeskip Simon..so any Kamina, don't mind me if I run up and latch and make sad faces XDD

DesertLily
09-27-2008, 11:06 PM
I was gunna bust out Desert Hobo Viral, but due to that costume being way more trouble than I want it to be and not really having time, I don't think it'll happen. Which is kind of a bummer since I missed the GL shoot at ACen too (due to lines - not due to costume being a giant pain in my ass)

Yeah, we all missed you. D: Hopefully yet another con, though?

navigated
10-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Yeah, we all missed you. D: Hopefully yet another con, though?

I'm going to shoot maybe for Ohayocon. I'd like to wear him again, at least to go to ONE GL shoot. I've already got two new costumes planned for Ohayocon though, so man, I don't know when it'd fit, I'll have to see when Photoshoots are, I suppose.

Man it is WAY too early to even be thinking about Ohayo.

K-San09
06-22-2009, 12:44 AM
I'll be there are Starlock Simon, ready to stab people inadvertantly with my glasses. There's a possibility I'll have a post-time skip Dayakka with me.

MegumiHime
06-22-2009, 11:49 AM
This is a thread from 2008. Mods, please lock it!