PDA

View Full Version : giant pencil or anything "oversized"

KimikoChan
06-07-2003, 01:48 AM
lol I'm going to be Sumomo from Chobits, and I can't seem to find one of those giant blow up pencils. Does anyone know where I can find one? Or anything oversized that I can find to purchase from? I checked Spencers and they didn't have anything. I'm horrible at "crafts", so I don't think I can make anything, unless someone tells me how. lol

Thanks in advance.

duck
06-07-2003, 02:56 AM
Inflatable pencils are rather hard to find.

If all you need is a large pencil though, you can find tubular foam at a craft store or Home Depot(look around the plumbing/piping stuff - they have insulation foam that are pretty thick in diameter). Since it is summer, you should be able to find lots of "pool noodles" at drug stores and any sort of generic grocery stores too. Then, you can cut the foam into a tip(or just cut it straight into the length you need, and fashion a cone out of cardboard or something for a tip) and then paint or cover it with appropriate material to suggest a pencil.

You can also do it with wood, but it is significantly more of a pain in the ass to carve wood.

KimikoChan
06-07-2003, 03:26 AM
Hmm that sounds pretty interesting. Thanks for the tips. I will definitely check into that. And even if I don't have a pencil, it's not a big deal :)

Thanks again!

videogirlc
06-07-2003, 03:39 AM
If you live near SF I'd suggsest you go to the Art Store. I've seen oversized real pencils for sell there. It could work for your Sumomo costume.

KimikoChan
06-07-2003, 07:17 AM
Hey,

Yeah actually I do. Where exactly is the Art Store? If you can give me an address I can mapquest it :D

Thanks so much :D

videogirlc
06-07-2003, 02:41 PM
Art Store San Francisco
1414 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94109
T 415.441.6075 San Francisco

KimikoChan they sell them at the register counters.

djmihoshi
06-07-2003, 09:02 PM
I dunno about a giant pencil but if you go buy the pool stores they usually have giant blow-up crayon pool toys for sale

Kira_Yamato
06-08-2003, 04:47 AM
THose giant pencils won't work. They are only about 2 feet long (maybe less), no where near big enough, you need one at least as big as you are.

Miaka No Baka
06-08-2003, 12:52 PM
try a party store they might have a "school" theme set and it might include a giant inflatable pencil. You never know ^_^;

Miaka no Baka