PDA

View Full Version : Thank god they are moving A-kon

korena
06-07-2003, 02:09 AM
=P did anyone else suffer claustrophobia or what?

The elevators being packed with 30 people and me being pushed onto some old pervert fan-boy who smelled of left out for a month beer and cheese?

D-J concert; right next to the speakers, some random people shoving me into them going "HEY. WHO ARE THESE GUYS??" and then pushing me forward, causing me to almost break a small speaker and rip off Hayato's pants (would have been cool though)...I asked for a cup of water O_o;;; they gave everybody some 30 minutes later..

Then..The dealers room..HELL. Seriously. I was yelling at the guy selling Yaoi Doujinshi cause he kept ripping off my friend and I (Saying that it was hardcore shouta *DONT ASK ABOUT OUR FETISHES.* ..saying we cant open it and we cant get refunds =P and it turned out to be some nasty old guy shounen-ai..the cover was fluffy and cute..)
then I was suddenly pushed over to the j-pophouse.com section O_o;;;; and being in my Natsuki jacket was hell cause it has double layers..And finding that Nasty old guy from the elevator come and touch your butt thinking you where a guy.

yesss...A-kon was fun XD

Michi
06-07-2003, 03:14 AM
I don't remember it being quite that crowded in '02 but.. ^^;

They're moving it? o_o

Tifa Lockheart
06-07-2003, 03:19 AM
Yeah, its going to be held at Adam's Mark hotel or something..I think. It's a LOT bigger then the Hyatt ^__^

RuthlessJS
06-07-2003, 07:26 AM
I just hope that the parking will not be too expensive :skidude2:

Scortia
06-07-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by korena

Then..The dealers room..HELL. Seriously. I was yelling at the guy selling Yaoi Doujinshi cause he kept ripping off my friend and I (Saying that it was hardcore shouta *DONT ASK ABOUT OUR FETISHES.* ..saying we cant open it and we cant get refunds =P and it turned out to be some nasty old guy shounen-ai..the cover was fluffy and cute..)

Yeah... that guy was a good seller... but those policies sucked! I just couldn't resist when the doujinshi was in my hands, even though I manage to when it's just on eBay or something. Out of the 3 I bought, I think I only really like one (Remus Lupin, yummy) even though it wasn't at all yaoi or shounen ai, one is mildly amusing and once again lacks shounen ai, and the other was just the most dull Rurouni Kenshin yaoi I've ever seen... I think he must have brought his crappiest books to sell there. ~_~;; One girl was selling them back to us in the halls.

I have a question about the new hotel. How far is it from the airport, and if I chose to drive, is it easier to reach (coming from the east) than going through that horrid DFW? As it stands, I'm tempted to just go to Animazement next year, cheaper room, cheaper (as amazing as that is) airfare, and I never read post-con complaints for that con.

korena
06-07-2003, 09:59 AM
i bought the last two real yaoi doujinshi they had =P they where crappy too...a shaman king where anna is a boy O_o;;(creepy old guys...) and a kenshin (it was good...@@ i guess...kinda creepy) where kenshin was.....o_o;;; extremely girly..creepy type..and it was all based in 1987(??) and everyone was a school girl (?????!!!!!)

As for the hotel..I have no idea, I dont go to Dallas as often As I used to =P You can try looking on some mapping program or even just a map...@_@ good luck,though

caelestis
06-07-2003, 01:21 PM
I'm happy that the con is moving-- the highlight was being pushed *near* the BBQ stand when I was trying to get AWAY from it because the smell kept making me sick :b And being a small person was hard at the con because at the end I understood very well what a postal package felt like >_<

Only bad thing-- I finally figured out HOW to get to Dallas without getting lost like last year, and now they're changing it up. Oiii

Koumori
06-07-2003, 10:42 PM
Never, ever, ever buy doujinshi if you can't look inside...

Scortia
06-07-2003, 10:50 PM
Darn those attractive doujinshi covers! >_< That's why I like Anthologies... at least you're bound to like at least one story in them. ^^;;

kyandi-chan
06-09-2003, 02:11 AM
Hey Korena! I met u and ur friends in the hall...yall were talking about that and i was like "uh oh...i better not get yaoi this year". i was cosplaying either sora from kingdom hearts...or a white wolf...*thinks*

korena
06-09-2003, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by kyandi chan
Hey Korena! I met u and ur friends in the hall...yall were talking about that and i was like "uh oh...i better not get yaoi this year". i was cosplaying either sora from kingdom hearts...or a white wolf...*thinks*

^_^ aww~ cool!

I remeber seeing you in your sora =D so cute!

btw, which cosplay was I doing?
some weird person with a bloody lab coat
or a big batty jacket?O_o i might remeber what day it was

TR5368
06-09-2003, 03:16 PM
Yeah..its being moved to the same hotel that QuakeCon is in, and I can tell you that the hotel is huge. Just think, one of the rooms can hold 3,250 people..thats with tables setup and everyone having a computer there.. :)

Tenya Muyo
06-11-2003, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I'm glad they're moving A-kon next year! It was just toooooooooo crowded this time!! Almost everything felt so disorganized and it was hot hot HOT!!! *sniffs* Ewww, the smell of fanboys is still strong on my costumes!!?? :o I MUST WASH THEM AGAIN!!!!! *runs to the sink*

asphyxiate
06-11-2003, 02:49 PM
the fanboy stink will be perpetual, no matter where a-kon is held next year. its just part of being human, and leaving your deodorant at home, i do believe.

Dark DEMONESS
06-14-2003, 03:31 PM
it is going to be in the Mark Adam's hotel i think or is it the other way around to Adam's Mark hotel, i cant find the flyer but i know it is there. it is june 4th-6th of 2004. i pretty much remembered the whole flyer by now. if this helps asphyxiate.

korena
06-14-2003, 08:35 PM
yeah, its on the a-kon site now o_o; hurrah!!

caelestis
06-14-2003, 08:42 PM
I'm already antsy and ready for the next Akon-- I hope it's gunna be more organized than 14 ^_^

At 15 though-- I'm so partying. I need to. I took a friend along who kinda... erm.. just *followed* me around and didn't really do anything, so that kinda sucked. ^_^;

Griever
06-19-2003, 07:18 PM
I'm bringing a bottle of Febreeze to combat
the stink.
I just hope this new hotel doesn't
end up like the ones they used for
A-kon 12. Too many bad memories.

OneWinged09
06-20-2003, 03:44 AM
lol, yea. fanboy wreack is always there. That's y when u aren't doing anything u stay in your room instead of walking around. I had to go outside about every 3 hrs cause it would make me dizzy and sick.

Griever
06-20-2003, 12:55 PM
Oh man. That's horrible.
I remember the last time I went to
A-kon, there was this very strong odor
on the floor I was staying on. It hit
me like a pastic lunch box.

korena
06-22-2003, 03:37 AM
haha, i didnt get any of the stink, i had a cold the whole time XD