PDA

View Full Version : Gaining Weight After A Con

Axelai
01-20-2008, 05:22 PM
Oh god, once i gained ten pounds after a con (which is a lot for my size). Its usually from eating so much pocky, and so much asian food, and living off of Pizza orders to the hotel at night...

...yet a few years back, i actually LOST weight because i kept forgetting to eat. So much fun, ya know?

Which happens to you? Gain weight or lose it? :O

IvySparrow
01-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Geeze...During Animazement last year...I lost 7 pounds... I can only remeber eating twice ^^; but those were big meals, so thats probably why I didn't end up passing out...

Keiosu
01-20-2008, 05:35 PM
I usually loose weight. XD I forget to eat.

Spetsnaz
01-20-2008, 06:34 PM
With how much con-funk lingers from sweaty bodies, I sure hope a majority LOSE weight...

:D

new_ike
01-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Oh god, once i gained ten pounds after a con (which is a lot for my size). Its usually from eating so much pocky, and so much asian food, and living off of Pizza orders to the hotel at night...

...yet a few years back, i actually LOST weight because i kept forgetting to eat. So much fun, ya know?
That's not really surprising, I feel.

Michi
01-20-2008, 07:16 PM
Weird, I think I usually hear more about people losing weight and getting sick because they didn't take good enough care of themselves at the con. But I suppose eating bad, fatty foods could have the opposite effect as well...

Angel Tifa
01-20-2008, 09:36 PM
I agree with Michi. You can gain weight after cons because of the unhealthy foods they sell, but there was a time when I lost about 5 lbs. of weight at a con (AX 06) because I fasted for 13 hours (besides drinking a bottle of juice)! So I usually lose weight at cons...

I think the one of the reasons people don't seem to take care of themselves at cons is because they try to cram too much in their con schedule and health is the least important thing to them (excluding sleep, eating, etc.). In my opinion that has always been stupid -__- lol. I did some of that but believe me I hate it when that happens X__X.

Axelai
01-20-2008, 11:54 PM
I always cram my schedule and end up not eating... but thats during the day. Then at night, we chow down on pocky and stay awake for long hours eating more pocky and pizza... fats galore!!

Mangochutney
01-21-2008, 03:06 AM
Starving followed by binges of crap food? Double trouble there. Yeah, you'll gain weight. Just eating something that isn't junk starch, sugar, and fat would help a lot. Staying up late eating carrots isn't as animu as Pocky, but you'll feel much better afterwards.

usagi_love
01-21-2008, 09:24 AM
i think it would be better for you if you would take some time out to eat breakfast in the morning. doctors make a big deal out of it for a reason.

Rock nam Lee
01-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Lol, back in the day, I use to eat scrap during the three-day cons XD I'm learning better now and I try to eat more as not to starve...

Angathol
01-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Uh, I lost four pounds at Fan Expo last year, because I was staying in an apartment with three artists in it for four days. Nuff said.

Thankfully it helped me shed the weight I'd gained from being lazy all summer. :P

Lothlin
01-21-2008, 10:34 AM
...I feel like an odd one out. I generally stay pretty stable since I make an attempt to eat right over the course of the con weekend. Or, at the very least, bring healthy things to keep me going like peanuts, granola bars, juice boxes, et cetera.

Usachan
01-21-2008, 01:11 PM
I gain weight most of the time, outside of an anime convention.

but I find the less I eat or don't eat at all, I loose a few pounds
inside an anime convention. I tend to feel "less" hungry during a
anime convention but I still find time to sleep and eat

Schuldig_
01-21-2008, 02:39 PM
I lose a pound a day at cons, usually more if I'm working them. There's just no time to eat. :burger:

Sesshomaru 12
01-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Same here, i lose problebly a pound a day because im so excited to be at the con i forget about eating. At AX07 i know i lost some weight because i was working out alot from carrying my heavy wings and running everywhere.

Pollaris
01-21-2008, 04:32 PM
It depends on the con. Last year at Katuscon I gained two pounds rfom eating nothing but McDonalds for three days, since it was th eonly thing within walking distance.

T.T Didn't touch McDonalds for MONTHS after that...

At Otakon I lost weight, because I'm so busy I forget to stop and eat.

Flamey
01-21-2008, 07:01 PM
I definitely lose weight. I eat 3 square meals to get me through the day and that's it - no snacks. Plus I'm on my feet for the entire weekend, which is great exercise.

Last year I think I lose 4 pounds or so at Anime North.

kikyo82
01-21-2008, 07:20 PM
I don't have a scale so I wouldn't know, but I guess my weight stays roughly the same.