PDA

View Full Version : Ushicon

Scortia
06-07-2003, 10:51 AM
How many of you all go to Ushicon? Make new costumes for Ushicon? I was just wondering how fun it is since it'd involve quite a drive and a couple of days missed at college to attend. ^^;;

Ringo
06-07-2003, 12:52 PM
Wheee! I love Ushi-con I'll be there. ^_^ Hopefully so will the rest of the group.
I think we are up for another round of Iron cosplay. As far as costumes goes, who knows. That's just too far away. XD

Space Invader
06-07-2003, 05:35 PM
I shall be going. I mean, why not? I live here in Austin =).

As far as costumes go, I'm shooting for Edea, a new Hikaru (hopefully with my sword), and SWAT suit Mihoshi (from Tenchi Muyo - you know, the black, purple, and orange suit she wears when they battle Kagato...). Since I'm such a fickle, cosplay plans will probably chage, but I'll definately have Edea done by then. In a perfect world, I would get them all done ^_^.

<-- *already is about half done with the Edea headgear*

I start on my stuff early. I learned my lesson on cosplay procrastination last Ushicon. :B

Basic Beecicchi
06-07-2003, 05:43 PM
Funny you should mention this.

My group from A-Kon is already making their way towards Ushicon, and they're inviting me for a second round. So you'll be seeing that hot Tifa from A-Kon as well as her Squall, not to mention a few others from her original group.

caelestis
06-07-2003, 05:51 PM
I'm thinking of going, but not sure as of yet-- no one to go with.

Tifa Lockheart
06-07-2003, 06:21 PM
I'm definatley going! I plan on cosplaying Eternal Sailor Moon, Lum, Tifa..and maybe wallmarket Tifa ^_~

RuthlessJS
06-07-2003, 09:42 PM
I will be at Ushicon for my 2nd year in a row. I am gonig to be Barret again and I will also probably be Morpheus from the Matrix. I'm also thinking about making a Hunter x Hunter costume for Gon. :)

TR5368
06-07-2003, 11:50 PM
Of course im gonna go..hehe Tifa is making me lol ;)

Angelwing
06-08-2003, 06:10 PM
I'll be going too, along with my friends. It will be my first con so I'm pretty anxious to see what it will be like. It is still a long way off, but I'm almost half way done with all my costumes for it. I'll be going as Rinoa, Lenne, and Songstress Yuna. I need to start saving $$$ for it.

Pincer
06-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Won't be going next year. Tried for this year but due to some other expenses could not go.

Tenya Muyo
06-11-2003, 12:21 PM
I'll be going to Uschicon for my second time!! Infact, I'm on video staff!! ^_^ Not sure what costumes I'll have, but Kouga from Inuyasha is a for sure! And for those who've never been, it's a great little con for anyone! ^_~

Asmaria
06-11-2003, 12:36 PM
Lol, RuthlessJS - if you go as Gon, I should bring my Kurapika costume again. I wore it to last Ushicon too. :)

RuthlessJS
06-11-2003, 02:02 PM
Asmaria I was also thinking of making a Kurapika costume from the time when I started hunting the spiders. I just love the ball and chain. Im seriously thinking about making a Gon costume with a wooden fishing rod :)

Asmaria
06-11-2003, 03:01 PM
That version's cool! But I only have his first outfit ^^ I think if I made a new one, it would be the that one, or the chinese outfit from the OVAs. It's nifty.

Cherry Boy
06-17-2003, 12:50 AM
I am so gonna be at Ushi-Con. It is my Favorite of all the cons I have been to, just because it is so small and close knit. I will also have my new Costumes by then, cause I am retiring my GTO after AnimeFest.

TrigunWolf
06-17-2003, 08:56 AM
*cries uncontrolably*

This isn't happening...

He's retiring GTO....

NOOOOOOOO...........

LordRahl007
07-02-2003, 02:49 AM
But you do such a great GTO!
Anyway, I'll be going, and I too will be on video staff! I'll have my Ico and Ryoga costumes, and probably Guile also

accelagirl
07-11-2003, 04:07 AM
I'm going~! ^0^ Ushicon is fun too~~~~ It's me and my friends favorite con, though this year it was a bit bigger~ But it still has that fun laid-back atmosphere~ <3

RuthlessJS
07-19-2003, 06:25 PM
I can't wait until Ushicon... ^__^

Chibi Yunie
07-31-2003, 12:18 AM
I went to Ushicon 2003! I'm also going to Ushicon 2004! Say hi if you see me! I'll be Shampoo and Elena for sure. I might be Yuna or Teriyaki, so. Yeah! Look for me!

Gren
07-31-2003, 12:39 AM
I'll be there! Hopefully with a brand spanking new Knives cosplay in tow.

Scortia
07-31-2003, 09:26 AM
Wow, not too many people do Knives.. yay, tight white leggings. O.o Anyway,I currently plan to make these for Ushi:

Ocarina of Violinist of Hameln
Schrodinger of Hellsing (probably the first)

I'll also have Makino Tsukushi (Hanadan), Yu~ki (Malice Mizer "Au Revoir"), and Akio (Utena TV) that I'm making for Numa Rei in December, so I may wear one of those as well.... then if I somehow manage that, there are some costumes that may be finished for A-kon... like Remus Lupin and Ryuichi, etc. ^^;

Gren
07-31-2003, 09:44 AM
That's one of the big reasons I want to do him. I can terrorize all the Vashes! Bwahahahahaha!

Ringo
07-31-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Gren
I'll be there! Hopefully with a brand spanking new Knives cosplay in tow.

I've been wanting to do a Milly costume for a long time! One of the only anime characters that is as tall as I am. XD
Maybe I'll have one by then and we can get some pics. ^_^-v
Although they 2 things I'm planing are rather labor intensive. XD

Cherry Boy
07-31-2003, 05:43 PM
I got a couple of things planned for Ushi-con....but until they come closer to completion they will remain secrets.

Gren
07-31-2003, 08:20 PM
I will staple the GTO costume to you, and then you will NEVER be able to retire it! Bah hah hah!

Ringo- You don't see enough Millys! Is her crazy bug gun one of the 2 big things?

Cherry Boy
07-31-2003, 11:18 PM
You are always so mean to me Gren. Plus I didn't know you liked my GTO costume so much that you aren't gonna let me retire it?

Ringo
08-01-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Gren
Ringo- You don't see enough Millys! Is her crazy bug gun one of the 2 big things?

Not this time XD I'm not sure if I'm ready to tackle that gun yet. I'm more of a seamstress than a propmaker, but one day I will. The other two things are secret.
hehehehe aaahahahahahaha :devil:

Gren
08-04-2003, 12:38 AM
No, I hate your GTO costume. That's why I don't want you to retire it. I like to point and laugh at you while you wear it. I've got a whole folder for you on my computer that's just titled "pathetic"

Cherry Boy
08-04-2003, 02:21 AM
You guys hear that....................she has an entire folder of pictures of me on her computer. I knew she loved me.

RuthlessJS
08-04-2003, 08:43 AM
Yeah Cherry Boy.....I think Gren is in love with your GTO costume. /\ _ /\

accelagirl
08-04-2003, 11:57 PM
*points* that's an awesome sig, ruthless~!

//random XD

RuthlessJS
08-05-2003, 07:05 AM
thanks! ^_^

Trinity
08-19-2003, 03:25 PM
I don't know about UshiCon. It's kind of a drive for me since I'm in Dallas. x_x If I can get a ride then sure, but I don't even know when that'll be and if it conflicts with my classes.

RuthlessJS
08-19-2003, 04:42 PM
*points* that's an awesome sig, ruthless~!

//random XD

Thanks accelagirl :)

Ushicon is alot of fun. Its alot smaller than A-kon but it's a more "intimate" cosplaying enviorment :)

Scortia
08-19-2003, 06:21 PM
Wow, it sounds like many of you prefer Ushicon to A-kon... well worth missing work and college for I suppose. :P *thinks to self* Maybe I should bring my Hatsuharu costume back just because Ushicon's mascot is a cow afterall. ^^;;;;;;

ObsydianClaw
08-19-2003, 06:25 PM
I'm going I'm going I'm going! First con and cosplay ever! WHEEHA

Gren
08-19-2003, 09:48 PM
The smaller cons have a more comfy feel, and it's a lot easier to make new friends, as you're going to costantly run into each other. I like Small and big cons, just for different reasons. Best of both worlds is to meet new friends at the little cons, and then you can hang about with them at the big ones!

RuthlessJS
08-19-2003, 10:32 PM
The smaller cons have a more comfy feel, and it's a lot easier to make new friends, as you're going to costantly run into each other. I like Small and big cons, just for different reasons. Best of both worlds is to meet new friends at the little cons, and then you can hang about with them at the big ones!

Yeah I would have to agree with that. I went to Ushicon 2 last year just for Saturday and I really didn't enjoy it as much as I should have. I felt kind of left out because I came there with one person but he kind of wondered off and did his own thing. It seemed like alot of people there were cosplaying and having fun and I was like....hmm this con would be alot mroe fun if I was in a costume :) During that day I thought of a costuem that I could make and that's how I got into cosplay :D

I'm hoping that I will make friends at Ushicon that I can meet up with at other cons in Texas(or around the nation) like AnimeFEST,A-kon, and that new Houston con thats going to happen next year :)

Cherry Boy
08-20-2003, 12:02 AM
I don't know about UshiCon. It's kind of a drive for me since I'm in Dallas. x_x If I can get a ride then sure, but I don't even know when that'll be and if it conflicts with my classes.

It is not bad of a drive, I drove from Ft. Worth, last year, the year before that, and I am doing it again this year. So far Ushi-con is my favorite Con out of all the ones I have been to. And all I got to say is, for all of those going to Ushi-Con, you have to go to Opening Ceremonies this year.

Cherry Boy
08-20-2003, 12:21 AM

It is not that bad of a drive, I drove there from Ft. Worth last year and the year before. And I am gonna do it again this year. Besides I Ushi-Con is my favorite Con out of all the ones I have been to. Except when your Sink explodes in your room at 2am for no reason. All I got to say for all you going to Ushi-con is you have to go to Opening Ceremonies this year....trust me.

Aiji Sasayaki
08-21-2003, 10:02 AM
Ushicon..I'd go, but it's..so far away. I'm in Abilene, and that's two hours from Dallas itself..eh, I'd like to go, if I could get a ride there. I'm not too sure I'd want to drive all the way to Austin myself, though.

RuthlessJS
08-21-2003, 12:41 PM
mmm perhaps you could find a inexpensive southwest flight to Austin? :)

Aiji Sasayaki
08-21-2003, 12:47 PM
I was thinking maybe Greyhound..it's more expensive than gas money for just driving myself, but..my car isn't in the best of shape ^_^' I'd end up broken down in the middle of nowhere!

Tenya Muyo
08-22-2003, 01:29 AM
We wouldn't want that Aiji!! Well, you still have time to fine a ride down there! No Sweat! But please people, pleazze DO try to come to Ushicon!! It should be GREAT!!! I should know, went there last year and loved it! Now i'm going back again, and, once again, as a staff member! Come come Come Come!!! :jjacks:

Aiji Sasayaki
08-22-2003, 11:18 AM
More than likely I'll take the Greyhound, just because I really want to go to that con this year, and if not this year, the next I'll go to it.

Trinity
09-06-2003, 09:16 AM
I think I'm supposed to go -- we're thinking about making it a road trip ("we" meaning a couple of friends from college and myself!) -- it'd be about a three to four hour drive, but that isn't bad. It'd be fun!

BishiJZ
09-06-2003, 10:11 AM
I'll definately be going and I know one of my room mates will be also. If anyone needs a room we have an extra spot open. ^ ^; And we're both girls for everyone's information.

MarzGurl
12-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Oooh! Oooh! Guess who's cosplaying for the first time at Ushicon this year! It's me! It's me! I'm Aeris! ~bows to the audience~ I can't wait! First convention for me EVER! RuthlessJS and I are in this one thread on the official Ushicon forum where we've all arranged to join together in a Final Fantasy VII group. We've got a Tifa and a Vincent and a Reno and one guy who'll be Sephiroth/Cloud. It'll be so much fun! I'm so excited! Just about six more weeks now!

kyandi-chan
12-10-2003, 06:24 PM
Someone...please take me with them. I will be Cham Cham if all goes well...and possibly Rouge the Bat...*big eyes* I live in Houston...*points to Cort* need more...people to share hotel? me and ryo like floor...we'll even drive ourselves!

Why isnt my Red XIII...completed?!?!! waaaaa. FF7 Groups! It will be done come A-kon...I promise you. Even if i have to drop all of my other costumes. and...*gasp* make it plantigrade instead of digigrade

MarzGurl
12-18-2003, 01:14 PM
Oh, I'd love to have a Red XIII with us in the Cosplay group! If only...

TrigunWolf
12-20-2003, 10:50 AM
I should be going to Ushicon.

I'll either be dressed up as Wolfwood or as a surprise costume.

ALSO! I am gonna be helping a friend of mine in the game room, so stop on by and say "HI!"

SO yeah....that is all.

RuthlessJS
12-20-2003, 10:07 PM
I just bought my 3-day pass last night :)
I would buy it before the end of the year...after that the prices go up.

MarzGurl
12-21-2003, 12:54 PM
Bwahaha! I've been registered for Ushicon since... since... uh... ~checks her e-mail confirmation again~ ... September 17th! Woo yeah! I've been anticipating this for a really long time now!

Frosty
12-26-2003, 01:41 PM
Im going! Im going to be Kikyou off InuYasha.

Scortia
12-27-2003, 02:57 PM
My cosplays for Ushicon are totally different now so time to update:

"Shiroi" Yu~ki of Malice Mizer
Hatsuharu of Fruits Basket (final appearance probably *sniff*)
Kumagoro Ryuichi of Gravitation
Ohtori Akio of Shoujo Kakumei Utena
And either some sort of Japanese dress for Thursday night or concert version Ryuichi if I can manage to get to either (not likely ~_~;; )

MarzGurl
12-27-2003, 08:03 PM
Oh, have you guys heard about Koda Kumi's performance on the opening Friday night? I can't believe they actually got her to come so close to us! With an autograph session, too! ~dies~

Lulani
12-28-2003, 05:40 PM
I'm going! it'll be my first convention ^.^
Since I can't sew anything yet I'm going to improvise costumes with what I've got, I'll probably be doing:
-Trowa Bartom from GW
-hide
-Kyo and/or Die from DeG
-Illuminati Kozi from Malice Mizer

I'll be driving all the way from Mexico o.o;

MarzGurl
12-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Wow, Mexico? Do you live there, or will you just be there before Ushicon starts.

Lulani
12-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Wow, Mexico? Do you live there, or will you just be there before Ushicon starts.
I live there, in the border with Texas. Austin's about six hours away I believe.

MarzGurl
12-29-2003, 07:25 AM
Wow, that's really cool. It's a small enough convention, maybe I'll see you around. :dance:

Araunah
01-06-2004, 04:35 PM
ok well i just moved to texas about a week ago and i was planing on going to a-kon because it is a lil ways off but like because i just got here i wasn't sure if it would be cool to go to ushicon because i like didn't have anyone to go with and i didn't know if u stay in a hotel there like.. if the con is in a hotel.. so i wasn't sure what to expect... anyone got any advice? is the con worth going to if i only went saturday? or should i like crash in my car and just chill there? (is the con worth it)

Cherry Boy
01-06-2004, 11:15 PM
Definatly come. Ushi-con is the best con in Texas in my opinion. It is in a hotel and is more than worth coming out to it.

KnivesMoFO
01-11-2004, 02:39 AM
Man.... it seems like lotsa FF7 Groups......

I'll be Vinny, and then also doing a Turks Vinny....

RuthlessJS
01-11-2004, 08:25 AM
Man.... it seems like lotsa FF7 Groups......

I'll be Vinny, and then also doing a Turks Vinny....

I'm cosplaying 2 versions of Barret at Ushicon this year :)

MarzGurl
01-11-2004, 10:11 AM
Whoa, now, Turks Vincent? Man, that's cool!

KnivesMoFO
01-13-2004, 01:36 AM
Ruthless, if I see you dressed as Sailor Barrett, I'm gonna poo in my pants.... and laugh the entire time....

Phyrechan
01-13-2004, 08:37 PM
I'm going!!!! go me! i'll be driving from houston... oi, but it should be worth it. i'll be my second con
*way too excited*

RuthlessJS
01-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Ruthless, if I see you dressed as Sailor Barrett, I'm gonna poo in my pants.... and laugh the entire time....

:thumbsup:

KnivesMoFO
01-13-2004, 09:58 PM
NOOOOO! You gotta be kidding!!

Tenya Muyo
01-15-2004, 01:49 AM
*blink* Talk about popping in on the wrong part of the conversation! :mfg:

Frosty
01-19-2004, 01:32 PM
*sobs* meep...I cant find any other Inu-Yasha cosplayers that are going!*sniff* I'll be the Kikyou that is all by her lonesome...(wait...isnt she ALWAYS alone????)

TrigunWolf
02-02-2004, 12:45 PM
Ushicon was great, I lost my wallet but oh well....

Now it's time to look forward to A-Kon. I gotta do a few more things to improve my yan Valentine costume from Hellsing. It got no love at Ushicon and that.....saddened me.

TrigunWolf
02-02-2004, 12:50 PM
And can I add....

Today is Cherryboy's 21st Birthday and OH YEAH! He is greatness!!!!

Scortia
02-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Yeah, happy birthday, Eric! I guess the major love for Anime Real World was a hella nice present.

Phyrechan
02-02-2004, 08:43 PM
uh... Happy Birthday! i just wanted to tell everyone that i uploaded a pic of my friend and Koda Kumi from Ushicon. enjoy!

RuthlessJS
05-03-2004, 09:25 AM
As much as i hate resurrecting old threads I thought everyone would want to see this. Quite a few Ushicon cosplayers (myself included) appeared in May's issue of Animerica(manga/anime magazine).

The article talks about Ushicon and the concert and has lots of pictures of cosplayers that fansview.com took. Check it out.
If by chance these links dont work its because they have gone over bandwidth. So just wait a few hours.

https://webspace.utexas.edu/jcsmith/Cover-of-Animerica.jpg https://webspace.utexas.edu/jcsmith/First-Page.jpg https://webspace.utexas.edu/jcsmith/second-page.jpg

Tenya Muyo
05-04-2004, 07:43 PM
Neato Ruthless!! Thanks for posting that. Yeah Texas cosplayers, we're in print! Anyone notice that Texas has alot of cons? Anyone else know of a state with more than us? I'm seriously curious about this. ^_~