PDA

View Full Version : Buffycon and Buffy the Vampire Slayer costumes

Ginnychan
06-07-2003, 10:32 AM
Next weekend, June 13-15 is Buffycon (http://www.buffycon.org). It's gonna be in Saddlebrook NJ...and since it's so close I figured I'd check it out. The con itself is a first year, so I'm not expecting anything much. But my boyfriend is going to cosplay Spike, and I'm gonna cosplay vampire Willow.

Anyone else going? Has anyone else ever cosplayed Buffy? I'd love to see pictures!

I'm gonna cross post this in the "Other Conventions" forum too..hope that's not a no-no.

EDIT I've decided to attend Yuricon (http://www.yuricon.org/03/Home.htm) instead of Buffycon this coming weekend. The programing looks MUCH better, and it's a bit cheaper too. We're still dressing as Spike and Willow though, so pictures will be taken!

MordSith
06-07-2003, 02:14 PM
that'd be cool. i THINK i've seen buffy cosplayers, but the thing is ... you can't TELL who is who. there's no definitive buffy outfit or anything, so unless you bear a great resemblance to a character it'll be very difficult. my sister did buffy for halloween one year and it was her blond hair and the wooden stake that got the message across.

still, i'd totally go to the con if it was on the west coast. have fun!

Ginnychan
06-07-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by MordSith
that'd be cool. i THINK i've seen buffy cosplayers, but the thing is ... you can't TELL who is who. there's no definitive buffy outfit or anything, so unless you bear a great resemblance to a character it'll be very difficult. my sister did buffy for halloween one year and it was her blond hair and the wooden stake that got the message across.

still, i'd totally go to the con if it was on the west coast. have fun!

I know what you mean. The only reason I'm willing to cosplay Willow is because I've been told I resemble her (Same with my beau Monty and Spike) I'm kinda curious to see what other people at this thing come up with though, I'll be sure to take pictures.

Thank you! ^_^

kelldar
06-07-2003, 05:09 PM
my friend and I did buffy and evil willow last year... it was just goofy spontaneous cosplay but it was v. fun ^^
I wish I lived closer to buffycon, I'd love to go :(

archangeli
06-08-2003, 10:18 PM
The guest list so far is rather pitiful.

Anthony Steward Head (Giles) will be at CN Anime in Toronto in late August. That's closer to me tha Buffycon.

Ginnychan
06-08-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by archangeli
The guest list so far is rather pitiful.

Anthony Steward Head (Giles) will be at CN Anime in Toronto in late August. That's closer to me tha Buffycon.

Oh, I know it does. It's a first year con, for a show that just went off the air, you can't expect much. Hell, the member cap is 400 people, they're lucky they got ANYONE to come.

To be quite honest, I'm thinking that my boyfriend and I may be a highlight of the con. He really does look DISTURBINGLY like James Marsters (Spike). And I do somewhat resemble Alison Hannigan (Willow). Not as much as he looks like Marsters...but enough that in the right costume the idea would get across. And seriously, I'm not saying that to be concieted...I'm say that more because the con's agenda sounds so bad that two good cosplayers might actually seem exciting >.<

That's cool about Anthony Steward Head. Too bad it's really far from me. Apparently James Marsters was at a con in upstate NY last weekend...grrr...I missed it.