PDA

View Full Version : Air Gear - Ringo outfit help

sleepy_hikari
01-23-2008, 12:01 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/42/cover/

So...here's the problem, we got errr only pants, but! The designs. It's really hard to see the designs, so my first question is (and I searched for hours, and still couldn't find any) does anybody have the good quality and better view of the designs?

And the shirt...is it really that simple? i mean, what's the front like? And how do we sew it together so it looks really nice...and it doesn't bunches up...>< please and thank you~~~!

benihime
01-23-2008, 12:07 AM
since its a volume cover i don't think you'll get a better picture

just figure something out and go with it

i think the front is just a halter..

Himaseki
01-23-2008, 07:39 AM
Wow, kudos to you, hikari, for choosing such a costume! I wouldn't have the guts to wear that. :skidude2:

For the shirt, I suggest use a kind of a stretch fabric and make it a tight fit. I have to agree with benihime, I think it's just a halter and tied on to the back with that string (I honestly think that the shirt isn't simple, since the form on the back is really sexy).

I doubt you'll find a better picture since it's a front cover, but I think the designs look like patches, so maybe you can find patches that have the similar color and shape instead. (One's a Dickies logo O_O)

sleepy_hikari
01-23-2008, 02:29 PM
thanks for replying~~! well...kudos to my friend...she choose it and i'm helping her with it...>< so one's a dickies logo? yesh~~~! now to go that logo...one down and many more to go~~~! THANKS~~~!

shivachan
01-23-2008, 03:08 PM
There's also a figure out there with this outfit, but the details on that are even more horrid to look at then the cover art. It's such a cute outfit, I'm thinking of maybe doing the outfit myself.

I think you don't really need to worry SO much. I'm sure if you just get fun rainbowy buttons they should work instead of the exact decals on her pants. Just improvise and make it your own.

And I've seen lots of people just use a light blue fabric instead of that pattern her shirt seems to have. And yeah, it ties around the neck and with the string at her lower back.

A19Riku
01-23-2008, 06:26 PM
OHHHH IM TOTALLY IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING THIS TOO!!!!

ya I have a higher resolution but ill have to upload it so you can look. It zooms in well on my computer at least soo it should work ... in theory (sorry Im not that good with computers I hope the pic helps though)

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p12/sizzing/ringo.jpg

but the orange patch says dickey or dicks or something along that line
one of the small blue ones is a bullseye w/ blue then white then red and white
the other small blue one has a green s in the middle
there are 2 pink and green square patches the green one has something w/ an s on the top and light on the bottom and the pink has a w with small writing across it
then of course the 2 pink Cs and the dark green 33 and there is a triangle with yellow orange on the inside and orange on the outside
as for the words on her but ... I still don't know what they are -_-;;

and I have almost finished the shirt I just need to attach the strings

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p12/sizzing/HPIM1361.jpg

I just made up my own pattern. So I don't really know how to help except to show the way I did it. But the one I have doesn't bunch up at all and the pieces around the top tie together. Then I am going to attach the strings to the side points and then the strings tie together in the back.

Overall once you figure out the pattern its really easy. I'm new to sewing so lol it can't be too hard if I managed to make it.

here is a pic of the front of the shirt ( just scroll down and you will see it next to all of the figures) http://cgi.ebay.com/AIR-GEAR-1-Ringo-ANIME-MANGA-FIGURE_W0QQitemZ310012274178QQihZ021QQcategoryZ134 5QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247Q QcmdZViewItem

GOOD LUCK ;)

DireKitty
01-23-2008, 08:31 PM
I have seen very similar designs to that on sarongs (spelling) which could easily be fashioned into a shirt like hers. The fabric would be on the thin side though.