PDA

View Full Version : My lack-of-room dilemma! @_@;

HazelAsher
06-07-2003, 07:19 PM
I was actually wondering if anyone had any suggestions or helpful tips. My friend and I (two cosplayers) forgot to get rooms for the con! @_@; And now they're all booked and we be roomless.

Here are our options:

-Drive back home everynight (we live in RWC)
-Find someone to stay with at the con (=O; preferably females ;p)
-Walk around all night long (I tried this at Fanime 2001...it's not fun ;___; )
-Try and find another hotel near the con to room at (and possibly spend a lot of money in the process)

Does anyone have any ideas? Please help us out. ^_^

Richii
06-07-2003, 10:58 PM
rent a uhal and sleep in the back..
no Im kidding! But does someone you know own a trailor (i think i spelled that wrong) or a moterhome that they would loan you?
I hope everything works out for you.

Medic
06-07-2003, 11:44 PM
Why not just drive to and from the con you only live about 30-40 mins from were the con being held at. It do not seem like that long, and it most likely would be cheaper.

Raider3
06-08-2003, 08:41 AM
I'd have to agree with Medic on this one. If the commute from Redwood City to Santa Clara isn't too bad (Depending on time and traffic - plan accordingly - I've only driven that route a few times.), it's probably the best to drive up, though that may present a few obstacles in regards to getting your costumes set up (If needed.)

Staying up all night at a con is NOT a good idea, having done that back in Fanime in 1999... Even with whatever's going on, sleep eventually overtakes you (Reminds me... I should log out soon on here... I need a few hours myself.)

Isaldur
06-08-2003, 09:04 PM
i think he's getting a ride and will be stuck there ;)

I *really* can't do that.. hotel room prices are murder out there so meh. I might get a sorta crazy friend of mine to get me out there but I *REALLY* don't want to take him to a place like this.. no F-ing way.

HazelAsher
06-11-2003, 04:19 PM
Hmm...the trailer idea is interesting. Wouldn't that be illegal though? I think they also have some overflow rooms for the con...we'll see what happens. =D

Richii
06-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Not sure...Santa Clara is by a beach, right? (I've never been) There has to be some kind of camp ground if you happen to end up doing that...Maybe you should call the hotels and hope for overflow, like you said.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Richii
Not sure...Santa Clara is by a beach, right? (I've never been) There has to be some kind of camp ground if you happen to end up doing that...Maybe you should call the hotels and hope for overflow, like you said.

nope, it's another city that's in the SF Bay Area. Santa Clara is bordered by the end of the bay on the north-east, the mountains in the south and is bordered by the city of San Jose, part of Silicon Valley as well.

Richii
06-11-2003, 08:20 PM
oh okay, thanks for clearing that up, but still there might be places to stay because great america is like right there! *sighs* no beach...
Well I would just call around everyday up until the con if you really want to stay there but if worst comes to worst you aren't all that far from the con and if props are an issue maybe if you know somebody staying there they can hold your things in their room. Then again if they can hold your props why can't they hold you? rar, I'm just rambling now. Still, like I said before I really hope it all works out for you!

HazelAsher
06-12-2003, 12:36 AM
Lol, thanks Richii. I just found some important info on con stuff, actually (if anyone else is having a similar problem). They have like a little waiting list at the Westin for room cancellations and they also reserved some rooms at the Hilton across the street. We'll see what happens. :D I really hope I can stay in the Westin, though, because it's a lot easier than having to leave the con...and then, if I stay at the Westin, I can walk around in my PJ's. :D

Edit: For more information about the overflow service and Hilton stuffies, check out fanime.com. ^^

Richii
06-12-2003, 12:49 AM
Awesome!! I'm sure you'll get something! I ment to ask erlier, what are you cosplaying as?

HazelAsher
06-12-2003, 01:46 AM
Well, my friend and I are going as Risky Safety. ^_^ If any of you recognize me, please stop me and say hello. ^^

I wanted to do a songstress Yuna but I just barely started on the Risky costume...I think I might save Yuna for ComicCon...if I go. ^^; Are you going to cosplay? :D

Richii
06-12-2003, 12:19 PM
oh cool! I've got a Rikku x-2 costume ^__^ I wish you had your Yuna!! Um i've also got a Freya (Chobits) Akito (Fruits Basket) oh and another Chii...I think Rikku will be my main costume of the con tho... So we'll just look for eachother so I can see how it turned out for you!! Se ya in *counts* 8 days!! (.......i think)

HazelAsher
06-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Yey! That sounds awesome!! :D

I wish I had my Yuna too...I even bought the little earing thing she wears offa Ebay. I think I'll wear it anyways. I wanted to get some Chii ears but I dunno if that's going to happen or not. ;p

Fun fun fun...Fanime anticipation always kills me. =O

Edit: I just realized that this blonde wig I bought a while ago would be perfect for a Chii costume. If I can get ahold of some ears, I will definitely do Chii. :D :D

Richii
06-16-2003, 04:01 AM
ooh! If you do a chii it would be so awesome to take freya pics with you!! 4 days!!! boy, its killing me!

HazelAsher
06-16-2003, 03:39 PM
Hehe...I know, the anticipation truely does kill me. ^_^

Michi
06-16-2003, 07:06 PM
o.o Do you still need a room? ^^;

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-16-2003, 07:20 PM
I need a room for Thursday night!! arrgghh!! ><;;;

Richii
06-16-2003, 09:35 PM
hey Hazel: if you need a room for AX I have one... lol sorry i cant help with Fanime.

Michi
06-17-2003, 12:41 AM
Post a new thread about it, Ryu?

Yeah um, Hazel, I've got floorspace if you wanna bring a sleeping bag. ^_^; It should be all-girls.. prolly..

HazelAsher
06-17-2003, 09:51 PM
Actually, I got one at the Hilton across the street. :D Thanks tho, Michi.

It was actually cheaper to get one there.

No elevator traffic, like last year. ^^;

Richii: Where is AX?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-17-2003, 09:55 PM
well, I finally found someone who is going to let me crash thursday night. I'm cool with that now :D
and I finally have finished my Domon costume to boot ^_^

Richii
06-17-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by HazelAsher

Richii: Where is AX?

AX (anime expo is like right next to Disneyland in Anahime) but actually I'm not getting to go now, (as it stands) and I wouldnt want to make room plans and then have to break them with you. You should still go, its a really fun con (IMO):D

HazelAsher
06-18-2003, 01:40 AM
Whoo...I didn't even know there was an anime con down there! Do you know when the dates are?

Richii
06-18-2003, 02:20 AM
the 3-6 or 7th (not sure on that one) of July...its like RIGHT after fanime...which makes money recovery an issue...lol Its soooo huge but its a ton of fun to go to! (tho, not everyone is a big AX fan.)

HazelAsher
06-18-2003, 04:33 AM
Hmm...maybe I'll go next year. This year, I was a little pressed for time (and money!) and I'd have no way of getting down to Anaheim. ^^;