PDA

View Full Version : .Hack//SIGN Wavemaster Cosplay...

SamusKnight2K
01-26-2008, 01:17 AM
I will be attending an anime convention called Sakura Con this year. Last year I couldn't get a costume together but this year I plan to. However, I'm having trouble figuring out precisely where I might pick up certain pieces to make it. This year I want to go as a Wavemaster from the original .Hack//SIGN series. It won't be a specific character from the series but rather my own custom costume. To keep it simple I plan to base it off the same attire worn by Tsukasa and Elk.

Thing is I want to do this from scratch. As someone new to the cosplay experience I'd like to ask help on where I may look for items to put together the costume. The color scheme I want to use is:

Dark Blue or Navy Blue
Brown or Tan
Black

For the base (The robe.) I was considering a graduation gown. Over it a vest or tunic of some type with the folded part that sits on the shoulders around the neck line. Short fingerless gloves (Preferrably brown.) for the hands and maybe shoe or boot covers for the feet.

I thought about constructing a staff using PCB piping that can be disassembled and reassembled for easier travel. The problems I am running into is where I might find a vest or tunic and the covers to go over a pair of regular shoes. So if anyone knows of any reliable sites or places I can look for more info on these it would be appreciated. Thank you for reading this, I hope to make this costume to the best of my ability.