PDA

View Full Version : Photoshoot Schedule (In the Con)

Smoted
01-27-2008, 02:17 AM
GO HERE FOR A LINK, BUT CHECK POST 7 TOO

http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/events/Sakura-Con_2008/schedule/

Then go to post 7
Okay people. I'm just spreading the word here. This is a link to the Official thread. It's kinda wierd though cuz they say

"Before I go further, let me emphasize that these are not official photoshoots. These are fan organized, and this thread is here for the purpose of making an easy-access list of them."

Either way, if you're not a member of this forum. i will try to post your thoughts and ideas.

http://scmb.sakuracon.org/viewtopic.php?t=16236

Anybody got any ideas?

check post #7, for the tenative list

J Ryoga
01-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Okay people. I'm just spreading the word here. This is a link to the Official thread. It's kinda wierd though cuz they say

"Before I go further, let me emphasize that these are not official photoshoots. These are fan organized, and this thread is here for the purpose of making an easy-access list of them."

Either way, if you're not a member of this forum. i will try to post your thoughts and ideas.

Anybody got any ideas?

Can we post a list of LOCATIONS that would work for cosplay gatherings? Like, what's the usual spot for large photoshoots? And what other spots are available?

Smoted
01-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Can we post a list of LOCATIONS that would work for cosplay gatherings? Like, what's the usual spot for large photoshoots? And what other spots are available?

on here? yeah sure.
on that forum? yes, it will be posted in the tenative list.

normally the usually spot is on teh "bleachers" or outside near the trees. feel free to post other places though

SvK
01-28-2008, 11:32 PM
I half-remember a website for another convention that had photographs of various locations tied to a map, so that you could see what places looked nice and how to get to them. It would be cool to have something like that for Sakura-Con.

Smoted
01-29-2008, 12:09 AM
I half-remember a website for another convention that had photographs of various locations tied to a map, so that you could see what places looked nice and how to get to them. It would be cool to have something like that for Sakura-Con.

yes it would be. but they haven't posted an online map yet. i don't know when cuz i'm not on the staff, but as soon as the info gets posted on there i will post it here

hi.to.ri
01-29-2008, 04:06 PM
oh god, we needz a hellsing photoshoot! ^_^

and locations would indeed be a good idea to get us a bit more discussion info.

Smoted
01-30-2008, 01:03 AM
i don't know if this is accurate now

this is the meetup one

Friday
-Bleach
-Miyazaki
-Resident evil
-Pokemon - 1 pm
-Masquerade Ball

Saturday
-Lovely Complex
-Naruto - 3:30 pm
-Tales Series
-Soul Caliber - 10 am
-D. Gray-man - 11 am
-Fate Stay Night - 11 am
-Gundam Wing - 11:30 am
-Sailor Moon - 12 pm
-Cosplay chess - 1 pm
-Pokemon - 1 pm
-Guilty Gear - 2 pm
-Team Fortress 2 - 2 pm
-Cosplay Masquerade - 6 pm
-Persona 3 - 10 pm

Sunday
-Yu Gi Oh
-Guilty Gear - 10 am
-Tales of the Abyss - 11 am
-GasuKan 4.5 - 1 pm

silveranimegirl
02-25-2008, 07:54 PM
hi phillip xD,on saturday i was planing on wearing my esther blanchett costume for trinity blood just as long as we arnt missing the skit im ok with anytime during the day, 1pm sounds good if u want my opion though =D

Smoted
02-25-2008, 11:56 PM
hi phillip xD,on saturday i was planing on wearing my esther blanchett costume for trinity blood just as long as we arnt missing the skit im ok with anytime during the day, 1pm sounds good if u want my opion though =D

okay, i'll suggest on the SC forum.

trapunto
02-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Can I suggest NANA and Avatar? Also...there are two Sailor Moon photoshoots listed there....is that how it'll be?

Trumby
02-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Locations are easy for Sakura-con..since the park is right outside all you have to do is meet there and decide on a place for the photos somewhere in the park.

Smoted
02-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Can I suggest NANA and Avatar? Also...there are two Sailor Moon photoshoots listed there....is that how it'll be?

you can suggest all you like, i'm just posting what's here

i'll try to pass on the word, but the problem is, the coordinators of the shoot will most likely not listen to one person posting in every forum.

besides Trumby's right, there are many different places.

i'll post it for ya, but it's best if you open your own account so that your opinion could be heard better

Darkain
02-29-2008, 01:59 AM
you can suggest all you like, i'm just posting what's here

i'll try to pass on the word, but the problem is, the coordinators of the shoot will most likely not listen to one person posting in every forum.

besides Trumby's right, there are many different places.

i'll post it for ya, but it's best if you open your own account so that your opinion could be heard better

There is no official "coordinator", just someone who compiled a "list", thats all. And that "list" is quite old and out-dated at this point...

There is a more complete and actively maintained list here: http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/events/Sakura-Con_2008/schedule/

Also, dispite what others say, I'd highly suggest not mentioning "behind registration" for a location for a meetup. The registration area has been moved for the 2008 convention, and attendees aren't aware of this change yet, so they're using this as a "land mark" based on last years convention and will confuse people this year. There needs to be a standardized naming scheme for meetup locations: "Outside In Park" or "First Floor by Fountains", as these are the only two real acceptable meeting locations for groups. (I guess I should add this to my site...)

Smoted
03-01-2008, 01:47 AM
There is no official "coordinator", just someone who compiled a "list", thats all. And that "list" is quite old and out-dated at this point...

There is a more complete and actively maintained list here: http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/events/Sakura-Con_2008/schedule/

Also, dispite what others say, I'd highly suggest not mentioning "behind registration" for a location for a meetup. The registration area has been moved for the 2008 convention, and attendees aren't aware of this change yet, so they're using this as a "land mark" based on last years convention and will confuse people this year. There needs to be a standardized naming scheme for meetup locations: "Outside In Park" or "First Floor by Fountains", as these are the only two real acceptable meeting locations for groups. (I guess I should add this to my site...)

dude, you rule, you wanna take care of this whole thread? cool i'll just post in the first to tell people where to go, are you cosplaying? or rockin the camera?

Darkain
03-02-2008, 02:55 PM
dude, you rule, you wanna take care of this whole thread? cool i'll just post in the first to tell people where to go, are you cosplaying? or rockin the camera?

hahahaa, just direct people over to http://www.cosplaymeetup.com/events/Sakura-Con_2008/schedule/ as I and others will be sure to keep it up to date with all the latest changes that we're informed about. ;)

And yes, I'll be rockin the cam all con long, per usual! :D

TsukikoAiko
03-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the list guys! It helps when people don't keep things updated this close to Con time.

Eurobeat King
03-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the list guys! It helps when people don't keep things updated this close to Con time.

Well, it depends on who creates the thread for gatherings. As a mod, I usually make the gatherings list for cons like Katsucon, Otakon, etc. and I keep the list updated. But if another member makes a gatherings thread first, I don't mind letting them take the responsibility. Then it's up to them to keep the list updated.

Smoted: Since you started the thread, I would hope you would've updated the list here since there's still a few weeks until the con, rather than simply linking another site for people to go to for the gatherings.

Smoted
03-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Smoted: Since you started the thread, I would hope you would've updated the list here since there's still a few weeks until the con, rather than simply linking another site for people to go to for the gatherings.

sorry King, i've been dealin with some family stuff. if you want you are welcome to lock this one and start one that actually is good. more power to ya, but i've tried to keep updates in post #7

etaru
03-03-2008, 11:59 PM

Oh come now Al, there's nothing wrong with linking to an outside source, especially when they claim to keep their schedules updated. Plus, it's probably easier than to keep reposting every time there's a slight alternation in gathering time/location/new gathering. :)

Eurobeat King
03-04-2008, 02:09 AM
Plus, it's probably easier than to keep reposting every time there's a slight alternation in gathering time/location/new gathering. :)

I do that for the gatherings threads I make, and I don't mind. ;) It lets people know I replied and updated their gatherings for them or added their new one to the list.

But I'll let this thread go for now and probably won't change it..

myalchod
03-04-2008, 02:15 PM
D.Gray-man will be 11:00 am Saturday in the courtyard outside.

Smoted
03-10-2008, 11:58 PM
newsflash

·D.Gray-man- Saturday, 11am
·Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core- Saturday
·Katekyo Hitman REBORN- Friday
·Kingdom Hearts- Saturday, 3:30pm; Sunday, 12pm (fountain area outside on the 4th level)
·Lovely Complex- Saturday
·Naruto- Saturday, fountain area outside on the 4th level
·Persona 3- Saturday, after Cosplay
·Resident Evil- Friday
·Sailor Moon- Saturday
·Tales Series - Saturday
·Tales of the Abyss- Sunday, 10-11am
·Yu-Gi-Oh!- Sunday
·.hack
·Bleach
·Blood +
·CLAMP
·Code Geass
·DDR
·Death Note
·Devil May Cry
·Fate/stay night
·Final Fantasy
·Guilty Gear
·Gundam Wing
·Gurren Lagann
·Haruka ~Beyond the Streams of Time~ (AKA Harukanaru Toki no Naka de)
·Phoenix Wright
·Pokemon
·Prince of Tennis
·Princess Princess
·Rozen Maiden
·Suikoden
·Trinity Blood
·World of Warcraft
·Xenosaga
·Vic Mignogna Characters

and this is the one on the Meetup Forums

Friday
-Bleach -
-Miyazaki - 11 am
-Resident evil -
-Pokemon - 1 pm
-Masquerade Ball - 6 pm
-Gurren Lagaan - 4 pm
-One Piece - 4pm

Saturday
-Lovely Complex
-Naruto
-Tales Series
-Soul Caliber - 10 am
-D. Gray-man - 11 am
-Fate Stay Night - 11 am
-Gundam Wing - 11:30 am
-Sailor Moon - 12 pm
-Cosplay chess - 3 pm
-Pokemon - 1 pm
-Guilty Gear - 2 pm
-Team Fortress 2 - 2 pm
-Cosplay Masquerade - 6 pm
-Persona 3 - 10 pm
-Deathnote - 5 pm

Sunday
-Yu Gi Oh
-Guilty Gear - 10 am
-Tales of the Abyss - 11 am
-GasuKan 4.5 - 1 pm

Hitokiri Kenshin
03-11-2008, 02:36 AM
Final Fantasy will most likely be on Friday at 4 pm.

Lady Shinsei
03-13-2008, 12:59 AM
Well, this coordinator would like to go throw in her 'two cents' and make a little announcement here...

The time for the Naruto photoshoot has now been finalized. It will take place on Saturday, and will be at 5pm, to accomodate several 'highly' talented cosplayers to be able to attend the photoshoot after being part of the Cosplay Chess event which is taking place at 3:30 - 4:30

Perzephone
03-30-2008, 03:01 AM
I'm sad I missed out on fridays Pokemon group photo :( I was finding Parking at that time GUH :( sad panda!
Next year I will make sure to make it :D. I only was able to dress up for Friday and work the rest of the weekend. I came back today (sat) to ake massive pics and will do the same tomorrow(sun).