PDA

View Full Version : What are ppl doing for accomodations at AX?

Kira_Yamato
06-08-2003, 05:38 AM
I was wondering where most people were stayong for AX2003. I was hoping to get some evidence to use against my mom's "you're only 16 (i'll be a month away from 17 at AX time), you're not old enough to stay alone in a hotel" argument....

K_Valentine
06-08-2003, 06:08 AM
Oh, bugger. I still have no idea what I'm doing for hotel arrangements.

I might just do what I did last year: locate friends and crash with them...

Miaka No Baka
06-08-2003, 02:04 PM
actually you are too young to stay in a hotel alone. Most hotels the age to rent a room is 21 (some do allow 18 yr olds to get a hotel room) you'll need to have someone like a friend or parent in your hotel room at least 18 and older in your room. Contact the hotel you're staying in and find out the age ya gotta be to stay there.

I'm staying with 10 ppl in 2 hotel rooms XD we got a sweet deal 175 a night for 2 hotel rooms *feels sorry for the ppl paying almost the same to stay at the other hotels for just 1 room*

Miaka no Baka

Kira_Yamato
06-08-2003, 04:43 PM
No, you have to be 21 to rent ther room, but there's no limit for staying there unacompanied. I could get my mom to do the booking for me, but she thinks i'm not old enough to do anything. She thinks i'm not even old enough to have a bloody lock on my door, which results in all my stuff being destroyed by my little brother.

JoeBoeing
06-08-2003, 05:07 PM
My best buddy and I are staying at the Hilton... but unfortunitly he doesn't like roomies or I'd invite other people in to get the room cheaper.

K_Valentine - I'll ask Herbie if you can stay a night or two if you have no other options... but there will be no beds if my friend okays it (we are both big guys and hate sharing beds). I'll let you know by IM in a few days.

From,
Joe

Tenshi
06-08-2003, 06:14 PM
My group is staying at the Quality Inn Maingate. If you look at the map (http://www.anime-expo.org/images/location-AX2003parkmap.jpg), it's just as close to the con as the Coast Anaheim ^^. And it's about the same price. If anyone doesn't have a room yet, I highly advise getting a room there ^_^.

RedPikachu
06-08-2003, 10:43 PM
I'm not sure exactly where I will be staying because my friend is making all; the arragements. However, I'm assuming it's within a few blocks away from the hotel and $80 or less a night.

Psychotic Jei
06-08-2003, 10:45 PM
The Westcoast was only 89 a night per room. Only three bucks more a night...then 175 for two rooms. The Marriott and Hilton are super expensive...

Miaka No Baka
06-08-2003, 10:45 PM
well actually at fanime I had a problem with the whole age thing. At the holiday inn it was they wouldn't let my friend and I stay there due to us both being under 21. Their policy is that you must be 21 to check in and book the room (didn't say it on the webpage when I booked it X_X ) but they have that for a good reason it's for your safety but umm if you are planning on staying alone I'd have to say it's a bad bad bad idea go with some friends you'll be much safer that way. Also too even if your mom books the room for you they'll want to see your id when you check in and when they see that you're 16 or 17 they'll totally not give you the room. That's what happened to us.

Miaka no Baka

Suzushichan
06-09-2003, 01:34 AM
I'm staying at the parkside hotel...it's only $59 a night...
Damn...I had the some problem with the age thing. I,too, am 16.
My older cousin (who's 18) was suppose to go with me but do to certain "issues" she couldn't after all...so my mom and sister (god help me...-_-') are staying in the hotel room with me, but they won't even be there most of the time, and since I payed for the room she can't tell me I can't bring a couple of buddies over to play DDR on the 4th of july!^_^

Isaldur
06-09-2003, 02:00 AM
lol suz have fun.

I actually have trouble with AX now.. on that same weekend my mom wants to spend a week or two in las vegas!! o_O

Well it IS only 4 hours away!! Take a quick ride down there and back and maybe I can stay friday and come back saturday night :)

trabus
06-09-2003, 02:58 AM
My wife works for Hyatt, so we're staying there. Unfortunately it's about a mile away from the convention center, but I ain't complaining. ;)

Michi
06-09-2003, 04:42 AM
Kira, you aren't old enough to stay alone, but you could get some older friends to help you with a room.. or perhaps people from this board? I was able to go to cons when I was younger only because I had an 18 year old friend to stay with. ^_^; I'm STILL not old enough to get a hotel completely on my own, but I still have the same older (and now aged 21) friends. XD

And to add to the thread alternatively, I'm staying at the Anaheim Marriott.. ^^