PDA

View Full Version : Little help^_^

PretearWink
06-08-2003, 11:57 AM
I'm doing Beramode from WOG3 and I need to bind my chest for it in a way that his coat can be open in the middle and it doesn't look like I used anything. Ex. Sports bra and masking tape would not work. Any ideas?^_^

Here's a pic so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about. ^_^

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/wog/wog3/art/f_beramode.jpg

Thanks so much!

Faily
06-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Skin colored top, perhaps? ^^;

ChibiRinoa
06-08-2003, 02:31 PM
you could use tape...i dont know what kind exactly, but you could set it up so that you tape your boobs towards the area under your armpits. like this: o<- ->o to push them off to the side, but that might be painful...ive never tired it, but it would allow you to use your real skin

Chi
06-08-2003, 02:35 PM
My best bet is the skin colored sticky bras from victorias secret. (Havent tried the ones from other stores... ) They're STICKER BRAS! Mind you, there's absolutely no support unless you're very petite breasted, however, you cover your entire breat area this way, attach the coat to them, and they don't show up in pictures. Our Kami did it one year since her jacket had to be open all the way to her navel, and she wanted it accurate. So while the jacket was open, and her breast was fully covered, she still looked like a very daring cosplayer.

Mouko
06-08-2003, 02:38 PM
use a brace, like you wrap around your ankle if you hurt it. Trust me it works. I had to use one in a play that I was casted a boy in.
Just wrap it low/high enough to be out of site.

mochihead
06-08-2003, 09:09 PM
Did you look at a previous thread regarding all sorts of binding tips?

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9338

You might also be able to PM some of the crossplayers - especially Michi or Karisu-sama - for some more expert tips. Good luck!

kdthompson
06-09-2003, 01:46 AM
If your trying to achieve the man cleavage look like with somebody like Nicolate D Wolfwood do something that myself and Mango call the 'Sephiroth method'

You duct tape your breasts down so that you have the bare flesh in the middle of your chest. Start so that basicaly the tape runs from one nipple, behind your back to the other. However, the larger you bust size, the harder it is to do and the more painful it is, but it looks great. *plans do do this when she crossplays as Ansem from KH*

True_Sanosuke
06-09-2003, 02:00 AM
Use an ace bandage and wrap your chest up. Or theres the cloth skin wrap like sanosuke uses.

Karisu-sama
06-09-2003, 06:13 AM
Do NOT use duct tape on your skin. You will be sorry.

The method I described in the earlier thread was pretty much akin to Dar-Dar's "Sephiroth method", except I used Sports Tape. That is, tape DESIGNED TO BE USED ON SKIN.

zor
06-09-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Karisu-sama
Do NOT use duct tape on your skin. You will be sorry.

You sound like you talk from experience... Either someone lied to you or you were very brace to try that. I've seen the bad news that brings. ^_^ Thankfully, not first hand.

PretearWink
06-09-2003, 10:28 PM
Oh wow! Thanks SO much everyone! I'll be sure to credit the ever helpful cosplay.com-ers if anyone compliments my man cleavage XD

Schu
06-14-2003, 03:23 AM
Hehe I have to do almost the exact same thing for Ziggy (from Xenogears).... I used duct tape, and if you shower while taking it off, it doesn't hurt quite so much. Though I think if I had smaller breats I could do it with ace bandages as well. Dar-dar pretty much outlined my method exactly...

Chosuke
06-14-2003, 12:51 PM
I used duct-tape over a sports bra for Haku and it was STILL a pain in the ass.
I was so warm in the green room that the glue from the back of the tape melted through the bra and I actually had to CUT THE WHOLE THING OFF. With a pair of scissors. And there was glue residue stuck there for two weeks after no matter how hard I scrubbed :/

avagoyle
06-14-2003, 01:55 PM
You know... since Beramode is transgendered, you could do an "ideal body" form and have cleavage. As in, Beramode's mind matches up with her body. If I ever cosplayed her, that's what I'd do. ^^