PDA

View Full Version : Queen of the damned and other Anne Rice

daria_jack
06-08-2003, 02:27 PM
Anyone doing something by Anne Rice characters? I really, really, really wanna do something. Mostly Akasha I guess, but I'd never be able to do it! To bad. I hav drawn a few Queen of the damned inspiered clothes actually (inspiered by the movie). But I really wanna do Lestat some time. Or maybe Armand. Anyone else planning/doing some of her characters. Personally I'm mostly thinking of the movie characters.

diqitaldreams
06-08-2003, 02:31 PM
There is a thread about this...somewhere... ^_^ Lotsa people want to do vampire costumes but who knows! Maybe ... we can have a group someday! :B It'd be fun.

As for Akasha's costume, it's CRAZY intricate. It's insane! I can't even imagine how someone could wear that... @_@ so dedly.

StacyMichelle
06-08-2003, 02:31 PM
I would love to do Lestat. Honestly, though, I would need to save up hundreds, even a thousand dollars in order to do him any justice. Someday I may consider Lestat, I love him so.

daria_jack
06-08-2003, 02:50 PM
I could wear Akasha, just gotta lose some pounds first ^_^ Her outfit is AWESOME

kylash327
06-08-2003, 05:22 PM
A cool vampire costume would be awsome, I may do one one day, not sure who though.

Scortia
06-08-2003, 09:33 PM
I'll probably ghetto-cosplay Lestat after I make my Yu~ki "Shiroi" Malice Mizer costume... it looks like it'd fit with the era... well, maybe it'd fit better for Armand, especially since Lestat seems to love his flashy colors and all.. Heh, at least I have Armand hair after I curl it. ;P

archangeli
06-08-2003, 10:14 PM
The problem is - the movies do not do the books justice!
Akasha and Lestat were MISERABLY cast in QOTD.

And don't get me started on IWTV. Antonio Banderas as Armand? God no! Armand is supposed to be a 18yr old red-headed angel, the beloved Amadeo.
Tom Cruise was fantastic though! Oh how I loved his performance!
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/139960/lestat.jpg

daria_jack
06-09-2003, 07:23 AM
Yeah, well this is the COSTUMES, the casting might be bad, but this is about cosplaying the movie costumes

But thanks for letting us know ^_^

archangeli
06-11-2003, 11:05 PM
Not wanting to rant to much about QOTD, check out these Vampire Chronicles inspired dolls:

http://stores.yahoo.com/annericecollection/vampires.html

BlueLady
06-12-2003, 11:39 AM
there IS a thread about this somewhere. Oh well ha ha..

Every halloween we have a group in hollywood that does the most increadible " vampire cast" from the books. Yeah it would cost a small fortune to do the period clothing, but then again its not much worse then some of the anime cosplay otu there. I'de love to do a Lestat someday though.

Scortia
06-12-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by archangeli
Not wanting to rant to much about QOTD, check out these Vampire Chronicles inspired dolls:

http://stores.yahoo.com/annericecollection/vampires.html

Woah! Those are really nice... I wonder how many people actually spend that sort of money for these things. O.o;; I'm only disturbed by Armand... he looks like he suffers from dwarfism and his hair is taking over his head. ~_~;;

Sarcasm-hime
06-13-2003, 12:36 PM
when I saw QOTD, I was *mightily* tempted by Akasha's costumes (although I had to wonder where she was getting them from when she seemed to be slaughtering everybody in a 10-mile radius)...but I've already got sooooo many costumes on my to-do list that it's unlikely I'll ever do it. Plus I'm kind of pale for Akasha...*lol*

Radical Urd
06-16-2003, 05:50 PM
I've already started on the outfit from QOTD for Akashka. Why? Because I go to goth clubs and that would be a kick ass way to meet guys!!!! XD

Susumari
09-17-2003, 09:39 PM
to do Lestat would be soo awesome. i really like the movie and ohhh <drool> lestat!

DancingVampire
09-18-2003, 08:25 PM
Lestat would be fun to cosplay as ^_^

BTW: Thats Manson's girlfriend in your Avi right? BURN HER MANSON BELONGS SOLELY TO ME *; ;*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::cough cough:: sorry rabid Manson fan girl ^_^;

Tiirz
09-20-2003, 10:43 PM
The leather pants of evil! Yum...

daria_jack
09-21-2003, 06:56 AM
Yeah it's her. MM freak here too. But don't burn her, you can get him, and I can get her

Vani
09-21-2003, 10:43 PM
my friend recommended I do Akasha so I'm gonna try to...you should! I bet you'd look AWESOME in it...although it IS a really HARD costume to make! Good luck with your anne rice cosplay!!!^.~