PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy Center JAPAN! Culture + Hyperculture

ThatYak-Attack
01-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Okay, so technically this event is in Washington DC, but it looks pretty interesting.

"Over two weeks, the Kennedy Center brings together more than 450 artists, more than 40 performances, and more than a dozen free events to showcase the best Japanese theater and dance, music and fashion, architecture and sculpture, poetry and literature, photography and film. February 5-17, don't miss this living celebration of the artistic innovator that is Japan… the "floating island" whose modest size belies its stunning global impact."

Here's the link for more infortmation: http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/festivals/07-08/japan/index.cfm

It runs from the Feb. 5 through Feb. 17, running into Katsucon. I won't go during Katsucon for sure, but is anyone else thinking we can get ourselves excited for the con by going and [maybe] cosplaying there ahead of time?

I'm not sure if they'll allow it in the theater, IMO... but it still looks like fun, right? =D

NiceGai44
01-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Okay, so technically this event is in Washington DC, but it looks pretty interesting.

"Over two weeks, the Kennedy Center brings together more than 450 artists, more than 40 performances, and more than a dozen free events to showcase the best Japanese theater and dance, music and fashion, architecture and sculpture, poetry and literature, photography and film. February 5-17, don't miss this living celebration of the artistic innovator that is Japanů the "floating island" whose modest size belies its stunning global impact."

Here's the link for more infortmation: http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/festivals/07-08/japan/index.cfm

It runs from the Feb. 5 through Feb. 17, running into Katsucon. I won't go during Katsucon for sure, but is anyone else thinking we can get ourselves excited for the con by going and [maybe] cosplaying there ahead of time?

I'm not sure if they'll allow it in the theater, IMO... but it still looks like fun, right? =D

Interested in this. May have to think about this.

darkmist300
01-31-2008, 12:44 PM
I am definatly going on the 9th seeing that its my birthday that day and I cant think of a better way to spend it

ThatYak-Attack
01-31-2008, 05:07 PM
Sweet! I'll cosplay if you'll cosplay!

Bagu
01-31-2008, 07:45 PM
As much as it looks interesting, it might not be realistic to cosplay at it. Best wait for the annual cherry blossom festival in late march.

Now other than that, it looks like a great event to experience some Japan culture. :D

If you're an EGL fan, there is one concert that's encouraging people to dress up in their best outfits.

darkmist300
02-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Sweet! I'll cosplay if you'll cosplay!

Your on. Who should I cosplay as though???

ThatYak-Attack
02-01-2008, 08:05 PM
As much as it looks interesting, it might not be realistic to cosplay at it. Best wait for the annual cherry blossom festival in late march.

Now other than that, it looks like a great event to experience some Japan culture. :D

If you're an EGL fan, there is one concert that's encouraging people to dress up in their best outfits.

I understand your point, but let's face it. All the crazy otaku are gonna do some lolita thing or some ninja thing. Why don't we slightly sane cosplayers one-up the Hot Topic ninjas? >D

Your on. Who should I cosplay as though???

Good question. Something warm. xD

If my friend can come with me, we might do Catgirl Lolitas, but I was thinking more of Misa or Deidara.

Gogglegirl
02-03-2008, 08:04 PM
My friend and I are going to the EGL thing...we are gonna dress up too ^^

ThatYak-Attack
02-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Sweet! What are ya'll gonna dress up as?

darkmist300
02-04-2008, 08:53 AM
I understand your point, but let's face it. All the crazy otaku are gonna do some lolita thing or some ninja thing. Why don't we slightly sane cosplayers one-up the Hot Topic ninjas? >D

Good question. Something warm. xD

If my friend can come with me, we might do Catgirl Lolitas, but I was thinking more of Misa or Deidara.

Im thinking either Mori-Sempai from Ouran or Espada Kon from Bleach

Saxinthehall
02-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Im thinking either Mori-Sempai from Ouran or Espada Kon from Bleach

I don't think you want to wear a mascot costume to this.

Gogglegirl
02-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Sweet! What are ya'll gonna dress up as?

Oh we're gonna wear some EGL, we're both really into it ^^