PDA

View Full Version : When to make a reservation?

Multi-Facets
01-30-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm being registered for the full three days of Nan Desu Kan, but the problem is, there's no guarantee I could get a ride all three days, and the thought of driving to Denver by myself makes me nervous as all f--kin' hells.

The logical thing to do would be to reserve a room for the duration of the con, maybe even get my best friend to help split the cost, but when's the best time to make that reservation? What's too late and what's too early? And does the Mariott offer any special rates for conventions?

Any advice y'all can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank ya for your time. ^n_n^

Michi
01-30-2008, 10:43 PM
I don't know if Nan Desu Kan is any different, but most cons tend to state and offer a room rate on their website when it gets close enough to the convention.

I went and checked the site just now, and it says that they'll have a Marriott discount code available. It says January 1st, so I suppose they're just a bit behind schedule.

Curucar
01-30-2008, 11:06 PM
The sooner, the better, as the hotel sold out in March last year. You can always cancel if you can't make it, and the discount code is up in the Announcement section on the NDK forums.

Multi-Facets
02-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Kyaaaaaaa! Omigod! Devil Hunter Yohko! (fangirls)

(calms down) Right, okay. So I should definitely make the call in February? Perhaps around the fifth? And will I have to pay up front?

Michi
02-01-2008, 07:07 PM
:thumbsup: I'm glad you like the costume, haha.

Well, most hotels don't require you to pay up front. You usually do that either when you check-in or check-out. I'd ask the hotel. :)

If the hotel usually sells out that quickly then yes, I'd recommend calling and reserving a room this month.

Multi-Facets
02-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Then I will certainly do so. Thanks muchly, both of you, for your help. ^n_n^ (runs off to prepare for second convention and talk to the folks about the plan)