PDA

View Full Version : Hikaru from Rayearth

Space Invader
09-09-2002, 10:47 PM
I guess this goes here... but this was the costume I had for A-Kon 13. I was pretty proud of it at the time, but since then I have started picking at it and seeing things that need improving...
I have already reworked the wig so it's more Hikaru-ish, and I want to redo the armor... any other suggestions?
Here's who I supposed to be --> Weird-assed CLAMP Hikaru (http://www.unclosed.net/rainbowmisu/animagic/hikaru.jpg)
Here's me --> Me in the outfit (http://www.nmt.edu/~schlake/akon2002/dp/2002/06/DSCN0557.JPG)
Any suggestions are appreciated!

Oshi
09-09-2002, 10:56 PM
Sword. Swordity sword sword. Fanboys love chicks with swords. @_@;
Otherwise, I'd have to say it's dead on.

Jinx
09-10-2002, 03:06 PM
Wow, what a beautiful costume. I think you look great... as for the wig, it could have been a bit poogier like Hikaru's, but I think it fits fine.

Space Invader
09-10-2002, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I was planning on making the sword. The reason I didn't before is because I knew it would be a bitch to carry around A-Kon - a purse or bag is bad enough (rooms in the same hotel the con is in are a BLESSING). But yeah. I'll be making it, sure enough, ribbon and all. I think I'm going to use fiberglass for the armor and the sword... vacuuformed plastic would be nice, but I have yet to build my table/purchase one (FAT CHANCE! ha). In my opinion, fiberglass turns out looking more armor-y than the plastic... I don't know exactly WHY, I can't put my finger on it... it just does. Has a weight more like armor too, but that can be abad thing, if you make it too heavy. Hm. I think I might replace the light pink material with a fabric of a different texture, the kind I had was just a tad too floppy - it needs to poof out just a little more.

Himemiya
09-10-2002, 09:05 PM
Pose! Poses are so important that they make the costume look better imho ^.^ And SMILE, you've got a costume to be proud of! ^_^

scandia
09-11-2002, 05:49 AM
A Lantis, Eagle, or Mokona plushie may help without being too bulky or taking a lot of time to make.

Quies
09-11-2002, 06:35 PM
i think it looks good to. my only suggestion is that if you are redoing the armor make it look a bit rounder, like the shoulder part, if at all possible. other then that, great job. i love that costume desgine personally.

Ina
09-11-2002, 07:16 PM
great hikaru costume!!! *o*

all you need is the sword and a POSE!!! com'on pose!!! LOL oh, and it would cool if you cosplay with the other rayearth characters!