PDA

View Full Version : Avatar: the last airbender for '08

Kaits
02-03-2008, 02:00 AM
So I've seen some people saying they're wearing Avatar costumes to SakuraCon and was wondering if we could get a meetup/photoshoot together. I've never planned one before but would love to run it if we can pick a day and time. If people are interested I'll bring lots of goodies. And I'll even throw in a batch of my famous fireflakes. :)

I'm dressing up as Fire nation Toph and my brother is going to be "Western air temple" Zuko.

trapunto
02-03-2008, 11:59 PM
HAY. I have a big group of Avatar cosplayers coming with me. We'll probably have the following:

Katara(me)
Toph
Zuko
Sokka
Ty Lee
Maybe Mai
Maybe Aang
Azula

xD Is your brother a Zutara shipper? LOL. The guy I'm bringing as Zuko is gonna DIE from all my ZUTARA LURVE. Or possibly push me away.

We'll be in Avatar costume on Friday and Saturday. Can we try and work out a time when the schedule comes out?

PecanPie
02-04-2008, 12:04 AM
I'm with Sapphirerose125 :) I'm going as Fire Nation Toph too!! Haha, we can share the pain of all the weird aspects of Toph's outfit =P I would love to meet up with you!!

Kaits
02-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Sapphirerose125: Wow, what a group! Haha, no. He's not Zutarian.

Yeah, I agree that we can't really pick an exact time until the schedule comes out. Hopefully it'll be some time on Sat, though. The meetup is going to be fun! I'm making a trivia game with prizes. ^_^

trapunto
02-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Haha, no. He's not Zutarian.
Hopefully it'll be some time on Sat, though. The meetup is going to be fun! I'm making a trivia game with prizes.

Lol, I was only (kinda) kidding. Make sure he braces himself. xD I'm pretty nice, I think, so I won't force him. (But he'll be converted by the end of the con.) I'll be forcing the Zuko I'm bringing. Hehe.

Ooooh! Fun! I'm excited! Saturday will probably work for us. Where should we meet? In the courtyard by the magnolia trees or something?

Kaits
02-04-2008, 11:17 PM
I've never been there, but if it's not too crowded it sounds like a good place.

trapunto
02-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Well, it's not horrible. It depends on when you go. During the Bleach and Naruto photoshoots it's a terrible idea, but you know...Haha, last year people were taking some romantic photos for Bleach and there was someone up in the tree shaking the petals off to make the photo better. xD

PecanPie
02-04-2008, 11:21 PM
Ohhh trivia sounds fun!! ^__^ I think that would be a good area, but we need to sort of stake it out beforehand just in case probably. Maybe someone can bring some kind of picnic blanket and we could set up on the grass. That would be so cool! I really wish they would hurry up and post a schedule so that we could figure out what time and such :C

PecanPie
02-04-2008, 11:23 PM
Well, it's not horrible. It depends on when you go. During the Bleach and Naruto photoshoots it's a terrible idea, but you know...Haha, last year people were taking some romantic photos for Bleach and there was someone up in the tree shaking the petals off to make the photo better. xD

That doesn't mean there is gonna be a Bleach or Naruto photoshoot this year o_O; I'm not sure if that was even official. Either way, if we really want to use that space up on the ledge all we have to do is...go there. And if another group comes that had prior plans to use it, we can move.

trapunto
02-04-2008, 11:25 PM
UGH, ME TOO.

A stake out would be fun. We could do a potluck type thing, haha. Fireflakes, onion and banana juice, etc.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure there is an official photoshoot. Those were official...I'm almost positive they were on the schedule. Yeah...there are plenty of usable areas near there.

PecanPie
02-04-2008, 11:30 PM
UGH, ME TOO.

A stake out would be fun. We could do a potluck type thing, haha. Fireflakes, onion and banana juice, etc.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure there is an official photoshoot. Those were official...I'm almost positive they were on the schedule. Yeah...there are plenty of usable areas near there.

D'you really wanna bring that stuff from your house and carry around some kind of weird thermos of onion and banana juice? Sounds a little improbable. But it would be cool if we could have a few Avatar snacks as long as they were easy to transport. We should try to do it as like a brunch type thing maybe if we're not busy at that time.

trapunto
02-04-2008, 11:35 PM
D'you really wanna bring that stuff from your house and carry around some kind of weird thermos of onion and banana juice? Sounds a little improbable. But it would be cool if we could have a few Avatar snacks as long as they were easy to transport. We should try to do it as like a brunch type thing maybe if we're not busy at that time.

That's really what I meant...Little things. I was kidding about the onion and banana juice...doesn't really translate over email....>_>;;

PecanPie
02-04-2008, 11:36 PM
That's really what I meant...Little things. I was kidding about the onion and banana juice...doesn't really translate over email....>_>;;

I know, but a lot of things are like that where it would be kind of a hassle to carry it around for a while. Even though onion and banana juice would be really cool....:c

Kaits
02-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Ooh, I should bring cans of Cactus juice too! I love that stuff! :D

I like the idea of a snacky kind of picnic. We can have it before the photoshoot if someone's already there or we could have it afterward. I'm getting so excited about this! ^_^

PecanPie
02-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Ooh, I should bring cans of Cactus juice too! I love that stuff! :D

I like the idea of a snacky kind of picnic. We can have it before the photoshoot if someone's already there or we could have it afterward. I'm getting so excited about this! ^_^

Awesome!! Do people actually sell stuff like that? o_O;

Yeah, sounds like fun! Running around taking pictures might make us hungry, too :3

trapunto
02-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Awesome!! Do people actually sell stuff like that? o_O;

Yeah, sounds like fun! Running around taking pictures might make us hungry, too :3

Yeah. Like...aloe juice and stuff.

LOL, and it'll be a good substitution for forgetting to eat in the excitement of the day.

PecanPie
02-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah. Like...aloe juice and stuff.

LOL, and it'll be a good substitution for forgetting to eat in the excitement of the day.

Ah I thought it must be something like that. Hmm I'd probably hate it but I'll try it :)

Haha yeah, I don't think I ate anything all weekend last year...just drank a lot of coffee. A loooot of coffee....o_o;

trapunto
02-06-2008, 02:07 AM
Ah I thought it must be something like that. Hmm I'd probably hate it but I'll try it :)

Haha yeah, I don't think I ate anything all weekend last year...just drank a lot of coffee. A loooot of coffee....o_o;

Didn't you try it at A-chan's that one time? I vaguely remember it...>_> Maybe it was just me.
Last year was crazy. All we ate was Subway that one time and we drank coffee the entire time. XD I love living in a coffee-driven city during times like these.

PecanPie
02-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Didn't you try it at A-chan's that one time? I vaguely remember it...>_> Maybe it was just me.
Last year was crazy. All we ate was Subway that one time and we drank coffee the entire time. XD I love living in a coffee-driven city during times like these.

I don't think so. I know I've seen it before though.

Ahh yeah <3 Eating is a huge deal there because you have to like...stop. I was always hungry but never wanted to actually go get food.

trapunto
02-06-2008, 08:34 PM
I don't think so. I know I've seen it before though.

Ahh yeah <3 Eating is a huge deal there because you have to like...stop. I was always hungry but never wanted to actually go get food.

Oh...maybe we'll get some this weekend?
Yeah...stopping is dame desu. >_>;; I was starving the entire time. There were like...two times we ate throughout the entire con last year.

EvilAuthor
02-09-2008, 12:23 PM
I won't have an Avatar cosplay in time for Sakuracon, but I'll want to take pictures at the gathering. It'll be nice to have new people to discuss the show with

trapunto
02-09-2008, 04:41 PM
I won't have an Avatar cosplay in time for Sakuracon, but I'll want to take pictures at the gathering. It'll be nice to have new people to discuss the show with

That's cool. :D Yay for discussion.

ANYWAY, Kaits---Looks like maybe we won't have the gazillion people we wanted. Our friends are dropping out left and right.

PecanPie and I need better friends. xD

EvilAuthor
02-09-2008, 04:55 PM
That's cool. :D Yay for discussion.

ANYWAY, Kaits---Looks like maybe we won't have the gazillion people we wanted. Our friends are dropping out left and right.

PecanPie and I need better friends. xDOh boy, don't I know that feeling! My group was planning for Avatar cosplays for our local con, but nearly everyone dropped out. Of course, we're all college students so funds and free time are at the mercy of the teacher.

Even if I don't get my cosplay done in time for my local con, I hope to have it in time for Kumoricon

PecanPie
02-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Oh boy, don't I know that feeling! My group was planning for Avatar cosplays for our local con, but nearly everyone dropped out. Of course, we're all college students so funds and free time are at the mercy of the teacher.

Even if I don't get my cosplay done in time for my local con, I hope to have it in time for Kumoricon

Yeah, we half-forced a few people into it and those are mostly the people that are dropping out...For some of them I don't mind, but others are really important to the group :c They're all totally helpless, too, so they expect me and Sapphirerose to make their costumes for them practically. Which I'm not really okay with anymore.

trapunto
02-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Oh boy, don't I know that feeling! My group was planning for Avatar cosplays for our local con, but nearly everyone dropped out. Of course, we're all college students so funds and free time are at the mercy of the teacher.

Yeah, kinda sorta know the feeling. Being high school students who pay for everything, you know. >_> Not nearly as bad as college, though. We're hoping to go to Kumori-con, too. :D

Yeah, we half-forced a few people into it and those are mostly the people that are dropping out...For some of them I don't mind, but others are really important to the group :c They're all totally helpless, too, so they expect me and Sapphirerose to make their costumes for them practically. Which I'm not really okay with anymore.

Yeah...I'm somewhat okay with it, but only because we forced them into it. So it's not really their fault.

Kaits
02-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Turns out that something that I thought was happening the weekend BEFORE Sakuracon is actually the same weekend. So I'm not going. I am so upset right now, you wouldn't believe it. I had this planned out perfectly. I even got out of something else so I could go.

Ok, enough ranting. I have to deal with it. Have fun everyone. Wish I could even step in for a bit but I'll be 3 hours away in Moses Lake. D:

Maybe I should wear my Toph costume anyway. Creep out all my friends at bible quizzing. :P

trapunto
02-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Turns out that something that I thought was happening the weekend BEFORE Sakuracon is actually the same weekend. So I'm not going. I am so upset right now, you wouldn't believe it. I had this planned out perfectly. I even got out of something else so I could go.

Ok, enough ranting. I have to deal with it. Have fun everyone. Wish I could even step in for a bit but I'll be 3 hours away in Moses Lake. D:

Maybe I should wear my Toph costume anyway. Creep out all my friends at bible quizzing. :P

T_____T

THAT REALLY SUCKS. We'll miss youuuu! I was looking forward to hanging out with you. Maybe next year?

Definently, definently, definently wear the costume at camp. *snicker*

Ritsuko
03-22-2008, 02:59 PM
is there going to be a gathering still? If so, I'll be Sokka, my gf Zuko, and our friend Katara.

any word on the day? Friday would be preferable. . .

trapunto
03-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Well, we're wearing our Avatar costumes on Sunday. I don't know if we'll actually do a gathering, but if we see each other let's take some photos. :)

Ritsuko
03-26-2008, 02:13 AM
aw darn. gonna be dressing up on Friday.

trapunto
03-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Aww, that's too bad. I want to take pictures anway! :)

Mersaydee
03-30-2008, 02:32 PM
Hey folks! I didn't cosplay (mainly because I didn't get around to it) - but chances are, if you were at Sakura-Con doing an Avatar cosplay, I got your picture. I'm the crazy chick with the white streak in her hair that was snapping photos like crazy.:) I've created a special Photobucket account for all my pics, here's the URL:

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll264/AvatarSeattle/

Enjoy! And thanks for putting up with me!

PecanPie
03-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey folks! I didn't cosplay (mainly because I didn't get around to it) - but chances are, if you were at Sakura-Con doing an Avatar cosplay, I got your picture. I'm the crazy chick with the white streak in her hair that was snapping photos like crazy.:) I've created a special Photobucket account for all my pics, here's the URL:

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll264/AvatarSeattle/

Enjoy! And thanks for putting up with me!

haha yeah I think we saw you! ^_^

trapunto
03-30-2008, 11:15 PM
Yeah! I remember you! You stopped us at that one booth in the exhibition hall. ^__^

Whuuuuuut???? A bunch of Avatar cosplayers and we didn't even know!!! >_____<

Mersaydee
03-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Ah yes, trapunto - that was indeed me. I haven't had a chance yet to upload the pictures I took of you guys in the exhibition hall yet, but I should have them up sometime tonight.:D

lja136
04-01-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm in some of those pics! I put some of the pictures I took up on there, too. Great idea, Mersaydee!