PDA

View Full Version : *freaks out*

psythe
06-09-2003, 07:48 AM
19 DAYS!

I still have an entire costume to put together, lenses to order, plane ticket to buy, etc, etc!!! *spaz*

I hope everyone isn't procrastinating like I am ;_;

and if you are.....good luck! ;)

How is everyone else doing for preparations?

Michi
06-09-2003, 09:21 AM
Dude. Fanime is a week before AX, and I have two costumes to finish for it, plus 2-3 costumes for AX as well. Don't complain! :p I have been procrastinating like all hell!

Ukayoru no Chou
06-09-2003, 09:47 AM
Get a move on Michi! *throws fabric at* >O.
Wish I could worry! ><;; *is still having hard times about now going*... ok, no I didn't come to rant, I just wanted to say, GOOD LUCKK AND HAVVEE FUNNN :D

Now everyone say Uka is nice.. =_=

kelldar
06-09-2003, 09:52 AM
augh I have 3 costumes I haven't even started >< I've been recovering from akon.... ;_;
ah well at least I'm out of school now and have time to work!

Ghyra
06-09-2003, 10:26 AM
I've been running around like crazy! I know I'm able to go to AX, but I haven't even BEGUN my costume. I'm graduating this year, so things are really hectic and I'm so busy. Arg! *runs away with bolts of fabric, thread, plans, etc*

Rey-Rey
06-09-2003, 11:44 AM
I'm afraid because my Rey-Rey costume isn't set yet. >=D

Woof. >=D Spring Ruffin'. >=D

IdatenMiki
06-09-2003, 12:18 PM
-_-'' i still have to finish making my costume + accessories find a god damned wig.... btw anyone know where i can find a medium length pink wig? and give the money to Mikigami to help pay for our rooms/plane ect. *_*'' i wish i didnt wait till the last minute -_-'' i always end up doing it... i did it last year with anime north too.

Maryssa
06-09-2003, 01:04 PM
I have half a costume to finish, 2 to alter, a job to finalize, and an apartment to move into -_-

psythe =D marissa has a cosplay proposal for you next time you're on AIM ^_^

Mink_chan
06-09-2003, 04:22 PM
^^: I havent started on anything...
I do have my fabric tho! ^__^;
nyaa

Ina
06-09-2003, 06:37 PM
@_@ i have a whole costume to do (props, dress, shoes, etc -_-), but i only need to finish less things on my costumes that i'm working on now... but i'm still thinking if i should do another costume OR finish up this other costume i was working on -_-*

so happi that school will be over this week for me, so i have two weeks of panicing for AX x_@

Ayaka
06-09-2003, 07:37 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one running around panicking and screaming like a banshee . . . I guess ^^;

19 DAYS?!!! This is why I don't do the math. ><;;; I'm still knee-deep in armor, I haven't even gotten to the sewing yet. *hits head w/brick* And I NEED a MITER SAW~ *dies*

Ganbatte, everyone!

Asmaria
06-09-2003, 09:22 PM
I'm sitting here with fabric of my Ernie/Annie costume pinned around me waiting until I have a chance to kidnap a model to wear it in my place. @_@ I can't make the measurements up the backside while I'm wearing it! ;.;

I still have 3 more costumes to work on too. T_T Of course, next week I will have volunteer(slave) labor available to finish things. >.> Hopefully ^_^;;

MikigamiTokiya
06-09-2003, 09:29 PM
omg... i thought I had alot more time.. ><;; holy jesus I have gotta get cracking O_O

jen_kat
06-09-2003, 10:50 PM
I thought we had about 23-24 more days, or something like that. After I read your post of days, I went to count the calendar... but that was this morning, and now it's night, so I could be wrong.

I still need to work on everything. I've been gathering bits and pieces here and there, but I still need to assemble, cut and sew. The small stuff can wait -- it's the costumes that I need to work on. *wonders why she said she'd work all week, full day for this week...argh*

katchoo
06-09-2003, 11:05 PM
hehe I just found out I'm going and I have two new costumes to do and one to finish altering. hehe

love crunch time...

Tenshi
06-09-2003, 11:55 PM
I have two costumes 75% done, one 50% done, and one not even started. I am so guffed ;_;. Especially since the one not started is a commission for a friend. . .I'm kinda obligated to finish it ^^;;.

Kira_Yamato
06-10-2003, 01:17 AM
I've still got a whole costume to make, and I've never done one before. Fortunately, it can all be done by modifing stuff, I don't actually need to make anything form scratch.

Psychotic Jei
06-10-2003, 02:27 AM
I have...one costume finished...with the collar not attached....and then I have another costume...I jsut need to sew the pieces together...and...attach the collar. And then I have two not started. Luckily...they're pretty simple...and I can probably do them in one night.

Isaldur
06-10-2003, 03:44 AM
Fun. I haven't even got any plans for either.. I doubt I'll be able to go to either.

That's why I'm posting about a north bay gathering in july/august maybe.. hrmm I probably won't be here 1st two weeks of july anyway.

Eurobeat King
06-10-2003, 04:07 AM
I've been thinking a lot of recent, and I'm debating on whether or not I should participate in the mini-masquerade on AX Friday. I've confirmed a spot in it (I'm the one who's under the group name "Cosplay.com".. representin'!! :skidude2: ) But the event will take up most of my Friday, from 10:30am-3pm, and during that time I won't be able to go anywhere, and the only pictures of cosplayers that I'll get are of those who are participating in the event. That may be a lot :) but outside the convention center there'll be a LOT more wandering around the hotels, dealers' room, etc. And so if I'm busy with the mini-masquerade I'll miss out on getting pics of them, and will have to trust Admin to get them for me. I haven't been in a masquerade skit since A-kon 2002 and AX 2000, so I know being involved in a skit means it keeps you from what you normally do during cons.. for me, that means walking around, getting pics of cosplayers. But still.. competing in a masquerade (chibi, but it counts!) for AX is fun, and if I win a prize, that'll make it worth it. :)

AngelJibrelle: If you read this, I'll call you via phone to let you know if I truly am cancelling out my spot in the mini-masquerade. Right now I'm keeping it, but if I reach a decision, I'll let you know before the con. Thanks!

psythe
06-10-2003, 07:37 AM
Disclaimer: 19 days(now 18 days) for ME, as I fly out Saturday the 28th, so that gives you all a few more days if you happen to be a bit closer :)

die-sama
06-10-2003, 08:16 AM
i have three of my own costumes

2 of my friends

for
aX X______________________________X;;;;;

my procrastination is getting worse and worse!!!!!!
T_T;;

RedPikachu
06-10-2003, 09:26 AM
I can't afford, AND I don't have enough time to make a different costume for AX :(

Nietsche
06-10-2003, 11:39 AM
Yes i can finally confirm that I shall attend AX
...my poor lamenting wallet.....so i must stop procrastinating...what? Skies of Arcadia is in my hands...noooo!

I fly out on the 23rd!

Freya
06-10-2003, 12:18 PM
Dah! I hate the fact there's a countdown to AX sitting on my refrigerator kindly provided by Sana-chan.

I hate procrastination and cosplay is the only time I really procrastinate LOL. I still have to finish up Freya and finish some accessories on Garnet, then figure out whether I'll be getting a keyblade doen for KH Riku and a gun for Electra. (I could use the fake one from the cosplay picnic LOL)

Rosiel
06-10-2003, 12:47 PM
> then figure out whether I'll be getting a keyblade doen for KH Riku and a gun for Electra. (I could use the fake one from the cosplay picnic LOL)

Are you allowed fake guns at AX? I really need to check out their weapons policy...

die-sama
06-10-2003, 12:52 PM
my problem is , i decided i'd go to ax last friday >________>;;;

A J
06-10-2003, 12:53 PM
Sanity check ayaka?!?! ^^

We do this every night to make sure we're still relatively on the side of sane. I think the sanity points are slipping fast tho. The closer we get to AX, the more points I lose.

WARGH... someone... get me one of those things Hermione has in Prisoner of Azkaban where she can turn back time with her little hourglass. =P

Or better yet, am I allowed to go on a sabbatical from my job and sew full time for the next 3 weeks?

-AJ

psythe
06-10-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by die-chan
my problem is , i decided i'd go to ax last friday >________>;;;

LOL! XD!!

Best of luck Die-chan! ^__^

Ayaka
06-10-2003, 08:54 PM
Yes, AJ, we need to spread the sanity check practice! There are many cosplayers out there teetering on the brink with no sanity buddy!

Alaria
06-10-2003, 09:24 PM
Mwahaha, psythe u already know my answer to this thread I'm sure! But you have more than 18 days; u can always do last min stuff while ayaka manda and I rehearse like mad hell for our masq skit :D And now since the school year is over I must find a way to covertly escape and work on costume stuff since I'm not allowed to work on costumes at home.....

psythe
06-10-2003, 09:42 PM
MUST.......FINISH......FRANZ...... >_<

Kirschwasser
06-10-2003, 09:44 PM
Let's see....

For my Red & White "Maid" Chobits Chii outfit:

Wig - Check
Persocon Ears and Hair "Spools" - Check
Outfit - Done
Shoes - No. I still have to find the damned shoes! I haven't been able to find the right type, but when I actually do, they are either 4 sizes too big or small. -_-*

For my Xenosaga Kirschwasser outfit:

Wig - Check
Outfit - Almost done. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the Mizrahi logo on the back of the white "shawl/whatever it's called" thing.
Shoes - Finally got in all the stretch vinyl for that and now I have to start working on the bootcovers.

Other than that...I think I'm all set...I hope. I'm a bit anxious. I haven't heard from half of the people who said they wanted to cosplay in the Xeno group/gathering for a couple of months now (these people aren't members of this site, so I can only contact them by e-mail and they still haven't written back to me). So I'm starting to wonder if they'll even show up like they promised. Oh well, nothing I can do. ^___^** Yep, I'm almost ready. *Trips*

Yui
06-10-2003, 10:03 PM
psythe! How could you make such a horrible thread? I don't know why I was thinking I still had a month to go. I um...don't even know what I have to do... X_x Um, plane ticket and con reg is thankfully complete. I guess I have a room. (Those are the important parts, I guess.) Now it's just mass costume fixing and organizing for the silly artist alley and I don't even know what I'm bringing yet for that exactly O_o

Al - I'll help out with picture-taking during your hallway absence, so do the little masquerade if you want to. >^_^< I think I'm finally set to start going hard-core with the photos....I just gotta make sure I'm not wearing any visually restrictive costume Friday morning...oh wait (*changes plans*) - yeah, actually that's possible. Just lemme know if you want the help.

Ayaka - I think C^3 is eating all our sanity points away >_< You still wanna do the Mitsuwa meet next week?

...Wow, 18 days. I still cannot believe that. Must...tear...self away from board...
Hmm, but I -am- trapped in a house full of supplies for the next three days, all alone. I just might finish something!

KaitouKurogo
06-12-2003, 09:23 AM
Mah.

**Looks wistfully at his pile of half-finished, or less, costumes, props, and incomplete keyblade. Sighs**

Oi...time and money have not been my friends recently. Luckily, I just graduated, so now I've got a clear calender until AX rolls around. I just hope I can get everything finished...Dita, Zima, Xelloss, Gaav, Dynast Graucherra, Phibrizzo, a Persocom, and a toss-up between Filia or Xelas... **Sighs more and goes off to brood over his work**

Isaldur
06-12-2003, 03:26 PM
well kaitu congratulations on your graduating ^_^

You'll get it done somehow :)

Freya
06-13-2003, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by Rosiel
Are you allowed fake guns at AX? I really need to check out their weapons policy...

Actually I'm not too sure...LOL but by fake I'm meaning super fake...those who were at the cosplay picnic know I made it outta cardboard so it's only 2 dimensional and it stupidly says: "insert gun here."

But that's what I meant by my fake one...chances are I wouldn't be surprised if they confiscated it.:rolleyes:

Ayaka
06-13-2003, 01:40 AM
Last year, they were saying bright orange tips, etc, something so that you can tell it's fake. I can say, though, that the Alucard I was cosplaying with had some hardcore fake guns and he didn't have trouble with security. (He was also being very responsible with him.) I had a rather cheesy fake gun (which several people complimented me on, so I guess it looked fairly real), but left the trigger bright green, and security had no problems. I'd say, give it a shot, if they ask you to take the gun back to your room, then you haven't really lost much.

RoseDuelist
06-13-2003, 01:51 AM
Oh my gosh. I was working on them today. I have no idea when I'll finish them..

Luckily school is over so dear God, I hope I have more time now...

RoseDuelist
06-13-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by KaitouKurogo
Mah.

**Looks wistfully at his pile of half-finished, or less, costumes, props, and incomplete keyblade. Sighs**

Oi...time and money have not been my friends recently. Luckily, I just graduated, so now I've got a clear calender until AX rolls around. I just hope I can get everything finished...Dita, Zima, Xelloss, Gaav, Dynast Graucherra, Phibrizzo, a Persocom, and a toss-up between Filia or Xelas... **Sighs more and goes off to brood over his work**

Filla is cuter honey. ^^; And considering I am only asuming that is for me, I'm voting for her... all that Xelloss/Filia fan art you showed me! *sigh*... but not until Ani-magic. Any more than the three we have already (Dita and Zima, Team Rocket, and my random Persocom) and my head is going to explode!!

*boom!*