PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Gear May costume help

dreamthorns
02-04-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm trying to make a May costume for Megacon and I have three things I could use help/advice with.

1. Does anyone have a pic of May that shows the back of her outfit? I'm going insane looking for one.

2. Anyone have any suggestions for the shoes? I'm most puzzled on this one.

3. The hat! I have never made a pirates hat before. What should I make it out of so it won't be floppy?

Thank you! ^-^

LadyJade
02-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Well, when my friends and roommates who like Guilty Gear and hoard pictures from it get up, I can ask about back view pictures of May. The shoes, I won't be much help on, though.

However, for the hat, try either supporting it with a thin craft foam or with an interfacing called Peltex, or something similar. Peltex is the almost card-board weight interfacing that people use to make handbags and fabric bowls.

I used it in a hat I made a couple years ago, and it helped immensely. It's going to cost quite a bit, though (where I am, non-fusible runs you $6 a yard, and it goes up $1 for each side you want fusible). You'd then just cover it in fabric. If it's not stiff enough when you're done, just spray on a spray-starch.

dreamthorns
02-04-2008, 07:46 PM
thank you!

LadyJade
02-04-2008, 10:56 PM
No one I asked had back-view pictures of May, though, sorry. :lost:

dreamthorns
02-05-2008, 08:13 AM
it's all right thanks for your help

Syrinx
02-05-2008, 08:34 AM
hmm.. the back of May's outfit... let me see what i can find.

http://ggxlol.highervoltage.net/may/index.html that's a whole bunch of pictures.. there's a few where she's turned around.. but not very clear. also, her hair's pretty long and covers up most of the back.

i'll keep looking and see if i can find anything else

dreamthorns
02-05-2008, 08:14 PM
thank you that's actually a lot of help. I know how to make the back of the skirt now. If only I could find the rest of the back lol