PDA

View Full Version : Shaved legs for guys? (off topic, sorta)

zor
06-09-2003, 09:24 PM
What does everyone think of guys having their legs shaved outside of crossplay/cossplay... ((this is cross-posted (no pun intended) from another forum I read)).

Nine
06-09-2003, 09:49 PM
I hate it. I hate having my legs shaved or waxed. The process of shaving/waxing isn't what I hate, it's the bareness of my legs. It looks so stupid, in my opinion. For cosplay, skin coloured tights are what I prefer to use. I'm not shaving/waxing my legs, ever.

vyrax778
06-09-2003, 10:14 PM
My only prob is when it starts to grow back "itchy itchy itchy!"

yeah I could just leave em shaved but then it would have to wear pants all the time and Pants in the summer in az um no way.

TammyKitten
06-09-2003, 10:20 PM
I think the feeling and sensation of shaven legs is absolutly divine.Why do only woman get to feel this yummy. If society would take a chill pill i would shave mine all the time. It just feels so much cooler and sexy. Just one guys opinion. If it feels good do it!

Mizuno Tenshi
06-09-2003, 10:50 PM
I try to keep mine smooth all the time! It's so much nicer... from a practical standpoint, it's also easier for me to tape my ankle, etc. (That's the excuse I give, anyways)
It's not REALLY obvious unless you deal with people a lot, but then you can just give a valid (if not completely honest) excuse. I mean, it's not that big a deal for most people. They may just assume you're a swimmer, a biker, weightlifter, whatever your build suits.
Leg hair be nasty. All itchy and hot... Underarm hair is just as bad. And let's not even get into chest and back hair! :eek:

P-chan

Agrias
06-09-2003, 11:21 PM
Grr, i'd rather be without, but leg hair grows fast for me >< Grr. Oh well.

Mizuno Tenshi
06-09-2003, 11:26 PM
wax! get an epilator. Those machines are painful at first, but it's what I use. The hair grows back thinner and isn't noticeable for a lot longer.

P-chan

L to the 3rd
06-10-2003, 12:12 AM
well my bf shaves his legs sometimes because he has small tattoos there, but I think it's alright.. I like it shaved, opposed to hair.

Karisu-sama
06-10-2003, 01:25 AM
I had a BF in high school who was on the swim team - they regularly did whole-body shaves (mostly not the head hair though - they wore swim caps). it's not that uncommon in sports.

zor
06-10-2003, 04:15 PM
True KS... I've seen a lot of Roller Hockey players do it b/c they are more likely to tape pads in place (most of us can not afford custom fitted pads like pros get in ice hockey) and wearing shorts (b/c you're not on cold ice to keep you "cool") it hurts if you're all hairy to pull taped pads off.

not to mention many folks think it just feels cleaner. ^_^

Alexia Ikyu
06-11-2003, 12:14 AM
I usually shave right above my ankles since my socks make the hair get tangled and it gets annoying as pull and hurt. :eek: Pain in the ass to shave to. Picture linked...

http://nmca.kumagoro.net/cosp/P0000883.jpg

AngryPyoko
06-11-2003, 03:32 AM
Just a thought. It hurts alot!!! Unfortunately it's worth it when you crossplay. I don't shave outside of cosplay reasons but when you crossplay it's practically a necessity! Who wants to see a dejiko with hairy legs? (it's much worse than a guy dejiko!)
Even tights don't cover the fur unless you are blonde. Ack... oh well

avagoyle
06-11-2003, 12:05 PM
I hate body hair, so I'm glad that my boyfriend not only shaves his legs, but his arms and pits as well! As hairless as myself. :D

Daitenshi
06-11-2003, 02:36 PM
My dad shaved his legs for years when he was into road biking.

I can't understand how some guys deal with all that hair.... I feel sooooooo wonderful after I've shaved my legs *_* Everyone should experience that at least once XD

Michi
06-11-2003, 03:10 PM
Shaving your legs isn't supposed to hurt. I hear so many complain and I really don't know why. ^_^; I've never had problems with it. :p

ryuichi fangirl
06-11-2003, 06:06 PM
I agree w/ Michi..lol..shaving won't hurt if you do it right lol..I've never had any problems with it ^^...and on a guy...that's up to him really...as long as he isn't as fuzzy as a bear...then he better shave lol

Kira_Yamato
06-12-2003, 07:10 AM
I haven't crossplayed (yet?), but I personally hate hair that's not head hair. (On myself and on women) I tried shaving once (in a place (no, not THAT place) that was hidden by clothes, and it was giving me a lot if itching trouble. But I recently got an elecric razor, and it makes all the difference. I haven't tried in any place where people can see it, but it works much better.

Setsuna22
06-13-2003, 10:47 PM
It's not really that bad.... I just get a whole bunch of ingrown hairs! Those little guys are a pain in the butt!!!!!! ><

I know a lot of guys who shave their legs! I think it looks good! (especially with a nice tan ^_^)

Pendrell
06-13-2003, 11:30 PM
Yay for shaved legs. Shaved everything, actually. :heart: I'm a big fan of non-hairy guys. *l* It's kind of a tit-for-tat thing for me...

Dark DEMONESS
06-14-2003, 03:16 PM
i hate to have hair on my legs and pits i dont see why guys dont want to shave too. its unsitely and very *shivers* to have a guy that would shave would prodly b great for lots of girls. i think all guys need to shave. cuz you know they do have razors out that dont cut or burn.

Kira_Yamato
06-15-2003, 03:21 AM
Well then, ladies..... sounds like i'm your kind of guy!:D

zor
06-20-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Kira_Yamato
I haven't crossplayed (yet?), but I personally hate hair that's not head hair. (On myself and on women) I tried shaving once (in a place (no, not THAT place) that was hidden by clothes, and it was giving me a lot if itching trouble. But I recently got an elecric razor, and it makes all the difference. I haven't tried in any place where people can see it, but it works much better.

I've found that that "ST Ives Shave Reducing Lotion" works great to stop itching, and it's supposed to cut down on hair regrowth after about 8 weeks... Just put it on right after your shower or bath... whenever you shave...

zor
06-20-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Setsuna22
It's not really that bad.... I just get a whole bunch of ingrown hairs! Those little guys are a pain in the butt!!!!!! ><

The only way I've dealt with those is to keep shaving, but let it go a few days between it (I know that lets the little hairs grow about long enough to be seen), that lets those ingrowns come out and get cut off too...

Also, that lotion I mentioned in my other post, helped me with that too... The first time I shaved I just used regular lotion and I was plagued with those hairs, but after awhile with that lotion it seems to have almost entirely stopped.

The ingrowns I DO get, which are few now, I usually pop the "Bump" like a pimple so that hair is out and will get cut when I next shave. ^_^ Works ok for me... basically you have to keep at it so your legs and skin get used to the razor...

darienicole
07-07-2003, 12:01 AM
Just make sure you're careful! I'm a klutzy girl, and I cut myself at least once every time I shave. It drives me nuts.

Artemis Ver. 1
07-10-2003, 12:59 AM
Well, I was the Street Fighter Alpha's Sakura during the Capcom/SNK gathering at AX Friday nite, and let me tell you it took about 2 hours to do (an hour alone to shave leg hairs alone). I think if EVER a male cosplayer crossplays a girl, I might suggest shave off your legs, arms and armpits entirely...

The way I did it was a combination of Nair and shaving, using an electric razor. Now, I know Nair really stinks, but it does work, nonetheless...however, if you do use it, might want to turn on the fan to air out the bathroom. Then, after you get the majority of the hair off, use a razor (electric or otherwise) to take off the excess stuff that is remaining. Another thing is that when you do shave off your leg hairs, do it about a day before you crossplay to smooth the skin out a bit. If you wait too long, it starts to itch and may get a rash or something. Once that's done, it's best to wear pantyhose to give your legs an even better smooth look.

...not sure if these tips help, but that's the method I use whenever I do Sakura, so yeah ^^;;;;

ben
07-13-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Artemis Ver. 1
I think if EVER a male cosplayer crossplays a girl, I might suggest shave off your legs, arms and armpits entirely...

I wonder if man-faye is reading this? ... =/

ben

Karisu-sama
07-13-2003, 07:02 AM
LOL, Man-Faye would need to shave his BUTT then, because at least half of it is revealed by the costume! (And no, I don't approve - my kids could see it. Come to think of it, I'm not in support of ANYONE, no matter how smooth-reared or of whatever sex, showing off that much butt at a con where kids might be present.) *thinks of girl who is currently popular at obsessedwithanime.com for being pretty close to naked, top and bottom*

EDIT: To clarify - Anime Expo (and most other cons I attend) are venues where children might be (and ARE!! - MY kids for instance!! ) present. If this extent of scantiness were being presented at an 18+ event (ie: Yaoi-con, yuri-con, whatever), I would likely still not be impressed, but I wouldn't object like I do here. If cosplayers want to cross the line into excessively prurient exhibitionism, they ought to take it to where it's more age-appropriate - NOT in front of young children.

Sepiraph
07-29-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by TammyKitten
I think the feeling and sensation of shaven legs is absolutly divine.Why do only woman get to feel this yummy. If society would take a chill pill i would shave mine all the time. It just feels so much cooler and sexy. Just one guys opinion. If it feels good do it!

I agree, it's not quite fair. I shared my legs last year and it was so much better. Hrm, I think I should shave it again.

I think hair only looks good when it's on the head. ^_^

Darien
03-08-2004, 01:28 PM
I would have to agree with Dark Demoness on this one, Because I used to have hair on my legs until I decided to shave it all off. Shaving my legs was the best because I hated having all that body hair on me. I actually enjoy having shaved legs.

TammyKitten
03-10-2004, 12:37 PM
It's sad really. Something as simple yet personal as shaving ones legs. Why the hell should anyone care if my legs are shaved!? It's frickin hair! Sheesh! The problem is people draw conclusions about your personality or more specifically your sexuallity which is BS. I do it because I'll admit, I first shaved because I'm an occasional crossdresser but I discovered I love the feeling. I was like WHOA, I could have felt this good all this time and I've ben missing it!?!? So I kind of adapted it as a regular routine. I am straight, married and have 3 kids, but yes I shave my legs.

soursop
03-10-2004, 08:20 PM
Shaving is $$$....considering it costs about $2 per blade (you really need to use a good blade) and I can easily go thru 4 blades just to "properly" prepare myself for crossplay. Blades get dulled pretty easy when shaving large patches of baody hair and yes they need to be "tossed out" when they dull or == "razor burn"

archangeli
03-10-2004, 08:53 PM
i'm very anti body hair. i'm so glad my boyfriend isn't hairy.

his legs are fuzzy though, so i waxed a patch on his shin once. he ran screaming!

the funny thing is, that little section is still bald after 3 years. lol :p

ACen Guy Brown
03-10-2004, 09:42 PM
If your shaving your legs for a costume and have no problem with it... go ahead. Myself I prefer to keep my leg hair and thats what I am going to do when I crossplay at Anime Central this year. I have never done it before or anything I would just prefer that all my hair stay were it is at. Besides I like my man hair... I think its pretty, lol

ZiggyB
03-10-2004, 09:52 PM
Even the title of this thread says this is off topic for the crossplay forum.

As such, this thread is getting closed.