PDA

View Full Version : Soooooooooo

Chosuke
06-10-2003, 08:02 AM
Anyone already got their whole cosplay schedule for AN?
I do, and its so sad xD

This year I plan to not leave everything to the last minute! Unline 03 -_-; and actually wear all the costumes I bring instead of just one cause I'm lazy and the recognition was high^^;

Kia
06-10-2003, 02:16 PM
Dude, I'm already in the process of getting together a 10+ people Ragnarok On;ine group for next year! Wow.... how sad am I...

Faily
06-10-2003, 02:53 PM
Nothing wrong in starting early. ;)
Then you won't leave everything to the last minute and you have lots of time to work on your costume.

Sarcasm-hime
06-10-2003, 07:14 PM
Ooooh, Ragnarok Online! I've got costumes from that in my wanna-do folder... ^_^ Arr, I really don't need more projects for AN!

I was originally planning on doing a Pizza Cats group for next AN, but now I'm also thinking seriously about doing Siren from FF8.

Ryukka
06-10-2003, 07:43 PM
XD oooh yeah, I'm doing Dark chi and chi with my friend, and we're in the middle of orginizing a Naruto group (^__^ If you want to join let me know, I'm going to go as Ino, we have a Sasuke, and maybe a Sakura), and then maybe michiru and haruka, but then I still want to do one more costume, I was thinking of Yuna (haven't decided on a version yet) or a Jrocker.

Hopefully I won't leave it untill the week before and of the con again x__X

JustinCredible
06-10-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Kia
Dude, I'm already in the process of getting together a 10+ people Ragnarok On;ine group for next year! Wow.... how sad am I...

You never asked me... :(

Kia
06-10-2003, 09:10 PM
I didn't think you were into the whole cosplay part of the conventions... sorry So far it's just me, Fake Mike, my bro, and Ronaldo. I'm also draging the Iona/Brampton crew into this (Diane, Thoman, Andrew and Bryan, with the possibility of Thomas' girlfriend and TMP's little sis.) Who knows *what* will happen with it though... I sure as hell don't. ^_^
So, anyways, if you want to join then the more the merrier. Just choose a character and lets get going! ^_^

JustinCredible
06-10-2003, 09:19 PM
Well you are going to miss my cosplay debute at CNanime so :razz:

Kia
06-10-2003, 09:26 PM
:: sniffle :: noooooooooooooooooooo! :bigcry: :: sniffle :: what'ya gonna be?

JustinCredible
06-10-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Kia
:: sniffle :: noooooooooooooooooooo! :bigcry: :: sniffle :: what'ya gonna be?

Currently no clue...:D (Although I have various ideas in mind) But Steve is giving me a hard time because I'm abondoning him... and he won't have anyone to work with from the audience for the masq as I plan to be in it.

Did you read the info about CNanime I found out.. check the CNanime page below...

Kia
06-10-2003, 09:36 PM
I think so... not exactly sure what info you mean though... hehehehe, you could always leave hime w/ 'the Ice Queen'. He'd love you forever if you did that! ^_^
Anyways, whenever you want to get around to choosing a character, just let me know. I'd love to help. ^_^

Kikoro
06-11-2003, 06:56 PM
Ryukka, my friends and i may be cosplaying as naruto characters but we dont know yet, the costumes are a little advanced for us but if we do make them i was going to go as either Kakashi or the Sexy no Jutsu. dont know yet though. hee hee

Kikoro
06-11-2003, 07:00 PM
durr forgot to mention who my friends may be going as, how considerate of me....My friend Marie may be going as Sasuke or Naruto. dont know.

heki-chan
06-11-2003, 08:41 PM
we have our plans for AN04 already too ^__^
gonna be doing some MONSTERSIZEDGROUP collaborations with friends ^_^

but yeah i cant say wht tho. or ill be strangulated ^_^

but it should look awesome--hopefully ^0^

CNAX03!!!! now THAT is gonna be awesome ^0^ YEY! ^0^

Cyber Surfer
06-11-2003, 09:46 PM
*looks for list of people he was interested in going as*

I'm a newbie with minimal skills, but I figured I'd write up a list of people I'd be interested in cosplay as and then go from there.

Easier

Keitaro Urashima
Kintaro Oe
Shinji Ikari (student)
Heero Yuy
Lupin III
Yusuke Uremashi
High School Student

Easy

Akito Tenkawa
Saiyaman
Kazuya Saotome
Gourry Gabriev
Tamahome
Chichiri
Pegasus
Amiboshi / Suboshi

Hard

Vash
Keitaro Urashima (RPG-episode)
Sanzou Houshin (Journey to the West)
Hotohori
Gendo Ikari
Tuxedo Mask
Camera Man (Original)

Harder

An Eva
A Gundam
Ryouga? (Mahoromatic, saint-armour)
Megaman X
A Samurai

Mage
06-11-2003, 10:09 PM
Wah...Winnie...tell me? ^o^

Sarcasm-hime
06-12-2003, 12:37 AM
If I were to do a Ragnarok Online costume, it would probably be the Female Mage or Wizard. Arrrr, I've been bitching about cosplaying on my own for so many years and now all of a sudden there's a whole bunch of group cosplays I'd like to join! -.-;;

Kisa
06-12-2003, 08:54 PM
Y'all are crazy for planning this far ahead!
I have half a dozen ideas, but nothing gets solidified until Christmas... and even then only Anime North, starting with the Masq. costumes.

We made the mistake of planning too early this year for TT and CNA and have had to change ideas.

Our super-fantastic TT idea poofed and is now completly RANDOM, and costumes for CNA tend to be bargain chips... "I'll do this, if you promise to do this on saturday with me!" for other costumes.

Plus, new Anime is always coming out... and it's good to leave it open for New Sparkily ideas that no doubt will crop up. Or course, by doing that, you usually end up jumping the gun, and no one has a clue what you are, until the following year when everyone else is dressing up as it. (lesigh)

Kia
06-13-2003, 06:16 AM
Sarcasm-hime, if you ever change your mind, neither character has been taken. ^_^

Vanity Fading
06-13-2003, 08:47 AM
for '04 I'm staying for the whole weekend, meaning I'm going to invest my money into a room XD

And I'm gonna have 2 costumes and actually wear the 2nd >_>;;

Its gonna be fun I say FUN!

Chosuke
06-13-2003, 11:34 AM
I dunno if I'ma gonna be there the whole weekend or not but I hope so!

Kisa: Are you still gonna be doing the PoT group then? or was that the 'poofed' idea? I jsut got all my ryoma stuff together on the weekend,yay!

Kisa
06-13-2003, 04:07 PM
PoT is for CNA. We're still doing that ^-^ whee. We're too excited not to, and people just keep joining going "OMG!! I want to be "___"!! And even if people backed out, my housemate and I will be doing it for sure! We Bond over PoT... it means I don't do the dishes and he doesn't get mad, because all I have to do is waggle my pissed off Kaidoh plushie at him and Hisss and he's not mad anymore ;)

We were going to do Alichino for TT's Masq. but then people started bickering over characters (after we'd sorted them out twice) and one of the girls in the group started being a b*tch and pissing the rest of us off, so we called the whole thing off and are all doing random things now. I stole yet another of Mage's cosplay ideas *snicker* I only fear the time of payback when she does something I want....

Let that be a lesson to everyone. Even people you're friends with, who sew, do not necessarily make good cosplay buddies... Things at AN were a bit awkward because of that, but everyone survived!

Chosuke
06-13-2003, 04:25 PM
Oooh.. Can't wait to see you guys! If you don't mind I would love to do a mini-photoshoot of the PoT chars <my photographer will be there> and molest your Kaidou plushie *-* I was gonna buy him but I was five dollars short.. I KNEW I shouldnt of bought that damn Okita doll... x.x; <p.s If you need ANY char just let me know and I would be happy to join as anyone except..BURNING xD> Though I have my Ryoma/Kikumaru outfits already

I know what you mean about the friend/cosplay thing too.. 6^;; things were rather heated between my roomies at AN but this time I am going with people I know and can get along with a bit better ^^;

Kisa
06-13-2003, 05:26 PM
You wont be able to miss us ;) Well, at least not until Saturday Night/Sunday...
We'll probably end up playing tennis in the street or something given how we all are about PoT. -_-
Photos sound excellent however.

We'll have both Kikumaru and a Ryoma, but blahIsay.
The more the merrier!

We are looking for an Inue, Oishi and/or a Momo if you want to join up with us on Sunday, or like... Any of the rival teams (except the pretty white haired jrockwannabe guy on Hyotei... we have him) There are quite a few fun ones I can think of from various teams...

(Booo. no BURNING?! He's the Greatest! SENTIMENTAL!)

Chosuke
06-13-2003, 06:30 PM
<I would love to do burning but unfortunately those side burns are just..UNNATURAL> The problem with all those chars actually that aren't filled is pretty much the hair I guess ^^; I LOVE Momo-chan-senpai but I would never be able to do the hair ;-; and Oishi's is just..scary oo;

Tennsi in the street sounds kick ass! I guess I can count on bringing my St.Rudolph shirt then even though I don't know which one to be xD not 'Dane' I HATE that guy..bothering our poor Viper <.< -pets Kaidoh- Which of them are you being if you don't mind me asking? Because if you're Kaidoh.. I will jump you .. then resume a cool 'madde' position before I get whacked.

True_Sanosuke
06-13-2003, 06:35 PM
I need a group for ANX4

Kisa
06-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Naw. My housemate is being Kaidoh, and since he's actually a BOY it is much more amusing for him to do it then me. Right now, Louise and I are debating between Kikumaru and Ryoma.
One one hand, I'm much shorter and would make a right-sized Ryoma compared to the rest of the group, but I can also do the Kikumaru moves, since I used to do Gymnastics...
But she has the hair for Kikumaru and it would look better for her to be taller then me...
Sooo, tentativly I'm being Ryoma. The Seigaku coat and t-shirt version, since we all want Tenipuri gear but can't afford to actually order it from japan.

From St.Rudolph you could always be Mizuki XD He's kind of a bastard, but he's so amusing... And we'll have a fuji so.... *cough*pairshotphotos*cough* or Yuuta XD! then we could have Incest!photos!

I understand *all* about the bad hair from the leftover seigaku guys... I was going to be Inue and carry around a glass of juice, but I'm just way too short to pull him off. His would be the easiest to do, since his Musical actor actually had really cute, do-able hair.... I still may or may not sometime. Who knows.

Chosuke
06-13-2003, 07:46 PM
I bought my Seigaku uniform from Japan since I am Lazy and wanted the real thing ^^;
It was very expensive though.. my Tenipuri poloshirt cost me 60$ and so did the aht and wristband set! The shoes set me back around 300 <.<; I'm not even going to go o about the rest of it ^^;;

I'm being Ryoma simply because I love him ^^; And also because we are roughly the same size <short> I'm 5'0 - 5'1 and I dunno what he is <.<; I have the sameish color skin and eyes and I dun like wearing pants xD and I'm 14 and well..es younger but still xD <just wants excuses>

Technically though I have the Kikumaru Hair and creepy grin ^^; but not tall enough.The gymnastics I CANNOT do though,i'm sure you would be just awesome.. major photo ops *-*

I'll bring my St.Rudolph uniform also <it was MUCH cheaper <.<;> and then just some hair crap and virtually I can decide then and there which one xD I love all of those mean bastards..keke.. Though Mitsuk..-snickers and taps head.- I have his data.Ohhh yes xD

Kisa
06-13-2003, 08:34 PM
Well, buying a REAL Seigaku Jacket and Pants would mean I can't pay my rent/buy groceries, so we'll just make a pattern and sew one up.
It's more fun that way, and I feel more acomplished doing something on my own. It's bad enough I'll end up buying running shoes (I don't actually own anything but boots and high-heels...) and a tennis racket.
I'm kind of becoming a workmanship nazi when it comes to my costumes and it's really bad now that I've started making my own patterns... >.<
But at least it means we can make them in Bulk for the rest of the group easily.

Chosuke
06-13-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Kisa
Well, buying a REAL Seigaku Jacket and Pants would mean I can't pay my rent/buy groceries, so we'll just make a pattern and sew one up.
It's more fun that way, and I feel more acomplished doing something on my own. It's bad enough I'll end up buying running shoes (I don't actually own anything but boots and high-heels...) and a tennis racket.
I'm kind of becoming a workmanship nazi when it comes to my costumes and it's really bad now that I've started making my own patterns... >.<
But at least it means we can make them in Bulk for the rest of the group easily.

yeah they were really expensive,but they're sorta my treat for this year since I've finished my first year of highschool! YAY!

I would love to be at that level where I could make my own but
Right now I have a hard time following simplicity patterns without help,never mind making an original one on my own.Plus I am so PoT obsessive that if I didn't do the jacket EXACTLY perfect I wouldn't be able to bring myself to wear it.. plus its kinda cool knwoing you're wearing the same stuff they would actually be 'wearing' ..if they weren't animated ^^;

The shoes were crazy expensive,but I've needed a new pair for a while now anyway.. and my mom bought them xD Of course I didn't tell her I wanted to the white filas for cosplay <.<; She would of never bought them then ^^;;

Kisa
06-14-2003, 12:20 AM
I wish I got presents like that O-o I didn't get anything for highschool, OR going to Uni. Or you know...finishing Uni...
Oi. Kids these days.

It's kind of neat to be wearing the 'what-if' but at the same time, from my art-roots, I tend to take more pleasure in making something and then wearing it and then people going "Wow! That's amazing!" and knowing I made it, rather then someone else. It gives you this squishy feeling so you don't want SARS to eat humanity... at least for a little while.

Even if you know, it would be easier to go out and Buy a suit, rather then make one. <eyes cain costume>

heki-chan
06-14-2003, 01:55 AM
whts Prince of Tennis? yesyes winnie is sooo ignorant -_-;

in other news! I LURVS MICHELLE ^0^
we gots so many all-girl trios and stuff planned! funtimes ahead^_^

yay! random ramblings^-^

Kisa, since uve been to TT before, do you think the staff would b*tch at loiterers? tee hee^_^ (we're cheap)^_^;

Sarcasm-hime
06-14-2003, 02:27 AM
I don't think they'd care about you loitering in the lobby...although the hotel staff might, I dunno. But as long as you're not trying to get into con-specific areas (like the dealer's room or art room or such) I don't think they could hassle you about it.

Ryukka
06-14-2003, 12:39 PM
X3 yay for cheap people. Me and my friends are to cheap to get hotel rooms so they crash at my house and we just drive everyday XD. Since to get to AN was only a 20-30min drive, and for CNanime it should only be about 30-40 minutes. We need to find money though for next AN x_X because we couldn't stay for the dance since my parents wouldn't let us drive home that late o_O;.

I probably won't be going to TT though wayyyy to busy ;_;

Kikoro: Oooh goody If you guys end up doing that we'll have to get together and stuff~ :B yayyy

Chosuke
06-14-2003, 12:40 PM
Hehe.. I'm saving the squishy feelings for my Anji costume which has so far been a pain in the ass x.x;
Ryoma is my little chance to run around in something uber-comfy for a while and just be lazy xD Though today I DID find a sports store who does custom embroidery and I was thinking about how easy it would be to just take in the Seigaku logo..oo;
Myabe when I have the time and money and skill I'ma gonna make my own xD

I have to save up for my crazy ass squishy costumes to come... Oh yeah,I Got a Sakuno now! xD keke

Limeyaku
06-14-2003, 04:04 PM
too join in the random ramblings... *hugs sakuradayu, chobrat n scoti* YAAAY! for our yet-unnamed new group! ^0^
*dances around happily*
can't wait to cosplay all our plans! @_@ <-- gets dizzy from the massive amount of wiggage ( lotsa wigs XD ) and insanity that awaits us. *_* i luv you guys! ^0^

our massive ___________ cosplay will eat everyone. XD *prances around and devours ppl with the cosplay that has no mouth that actually plans of moving...yet... >_>

doods. im buying stuff for that soon. maybe we can construct it over summer and eat people outside XD or just scare them a lot. LOOOOOL

oi! *_* im so happy we're a group now! *_*

Chosuke
06-14-2003, 04:42 PM
I just got some of the fabric for you know who and props for the others xD

We will SO eat ppl over the summer xD
And yeah...we really need to think up a name ^^;;

Seiya Yagami
06-14-2003, 05:48 PM
Whatever happened to "Surreal"?

Limeyaku
06-14-2003, 05:50 PM
that was just the site name XD we were always callac but group cosplays are MUCH more fun and we all get a long so well and have so many groups where we all like different characters and stuff works out INSANLEY perfectly. ^______^ AND we're all very happy people who work hard on our own stuff to create successful costumes and its all excellent. *hugs unnamed group*

Thats what happened. ^_^

Chosuke
06-14-2003, 05:51 PM
We should call it no-name cosplay xD
Because we are the cosplay with no-name?

-high on cheerios-

heki-chan
06-14-2003, 08:04 PM
thanks Sarcasm^_^
we'll be paying for a hotel room, so the hotel staff cant tooootally yell at us hehe^_^
but a few of my friends are into scifi and will be buying passes, so it all works out^_^

ive never been to TT before, so im really curious about the costuming portion of scifi/fantasy cons^_^ should be interesting n fun^0^ YEY^_^

Kisa
06-14-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by heki-chan
whts Prince of Tennis? yesyes winnie is sooo ignorant -_-;

Kisa, since uve been to TT before, do you think the staff would b*tch at loiterers? tee hee^_^ (we're cheap)^_^;

Prince of Tennis is an amusing Anime that's captured my, and most of my friends' attention. It revolves around 12 year old Kamui from X who develops his end-of-the-world powers through playing Tennis.
Ok, not really. But it does involve boys who play tennis. It's ridiculous in the way Intial D is, actually... kind of DUMB, but FUN and slightly addictive to watch.
Plus, the tennis players all have hilarious gimicks/tennis powers and yeah. It's fun.

I don't think TT would care too much. I mean, it isn't like they can stop you from standing in the hotel when you've rented a room there. You probably wont see a lot of people in costume until Saturday Night tho.

Edit: Actually... the only time anyone complained about us in the lobby was when we were doing "Kotori is dead on the floor". But they waited till we were done taking pictures before someone asked if we could move. I think it was because we took up the walking room to the elevators... The 'slutty man pose' which apparently offended some foreign-flight attendants didn't get us talked to tho, so I guess as long as your not making too much of a Fuss, it should be Fine :)

Scoti
06-14-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Chobrat
We should call it no-name cosplay xD
Because we are the cosplay with no-name?

-high on cheerios-

hehe kinda reminds me of that company that sells all their products in those ugly yellow boxes......whoa off topic O_o

Kikoro
06-14-2003, 11:35 PM
Definitely Ryukka. If we end up doing Naruto cosplay we must get together. Unfortunatly I go to College down in Windsor so i wouldnt be back in T.O. until the end of april. There is always march break. lol

Mia-P
06-15-2003, 01:16 AM
Man, I REALLY need to get hired soon, or else I won't be able to make any costumes! :(

heki-chan
06-15-2003, 01:25 AM
BWAHAHHAHAHA i lurvs ur siggie mia LOL

mia! remind me on msn! i need to ask u stuff about cn k?^_^

*rolls away*

Limeyaku
06-15-2003, 01:37 AM
scoti, LOOOOOOOOL yeah XD that's what i thought too. our site can be yelloW! XD

but then we'd be ugly LMAO ewwww. we are not that. XD

hmmm...i suggested a few to col but we still can't decide. OOH we suck. ^_^ well...actually, we'll rock but yeah. XD i'm bad at thinking of names x_x

i need to get stuff for CN XoX and a bajillion bottles of paint and expensive material. XD oh yes. we shall be uber sexified detail-insane-o's. *0*

woah im off topic XD

i wanna be that girl from that no-name game! *o*

woot. go us. XD *insanely excited about new group plans* *o*

Sion
06-15-2003, 02:03 AM
Umm I'm gonna be Ky Kiske if I can pull it off... Yippee..

*runs around with electro sword and jabs things*
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!

I need sleep.

PS: Chobrat will get multiple jabs w/ electro sword KTHX =)

Ryukka
06-15-2003, 08:47 AM
Kikoro: yesss, march break is always gooooood ^_^

Mia: I feel your pain x__x eek but i'm so god damn lazy, and ew i don't want to work at mcdonalds. bleeh buuut after i work there, i get to get a jo at EB because my sisters friend and his sister are managers and stuff X3

Chosuke
06-15-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Sion
Umm I'm gonna be Ky Kiske if I can pull it off... Yippee..

*runs around with electro sword and jabs things*
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!

I need sleep.

PS: Chobrat will get multiple jabs w/ electro sword KTHX =)

Weeee I feel so special!!! :D
And I will abuse you with my umbrella and/or fans! and it'll be fun :D

Scoti: I see the Kougaiji siggy.. I guess that means I'm doing Goku at Cn now too huh? ^^;

Scoti
06-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Well my job searching is looking hopeful so I think I will have enough for your goku unless your too busy with PoT now
*sigh* Scoti= Chobrat's bank lol

Chosuke
06-15-2003, 03:05 PM
Scoti= YES

xD I still werf you though, even more when you ahve teh moneys xD

Kohana
06-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Hey there! I'm Kikoro's friend and I was wondering if I can join the Naruto cosplay group too. If I can I think I might go as Kabuto... he's so cool! anywayz later

Kikoro
06-22-2003, 08:00 PM
Excellent Kohana-kun! I'm going as Orochimaru. So now there are villans in the group. mwahhh! anyway. we'd love to be in group. keep us posted on whos going to be in it Ryukka.

Beatrix
06-23-2003, 11:30 AM
My friends and I are contemplating a Suikoden III group and also a Fruits Basket group.

Kikoro
06-23-2003, 11:46 AM
Wai wai! i love Fruits Basket. just watched the last 4 eps yesterday! sad, i cried i did. i wanna be in that group too but so many costumes planned already! :(

Kaijugal
06-24-2003, 01:32 AM
I will see you all at SFX, I've been asked to be on the Masq Staff there again this year. :) I can't wait to see what everyone cooks up. :) ~ Kai :)

Minakolabelle
06-24-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by Limeyaku
i need to get stuff for CN XoX and a bajillion bottles of paint and expensive material. XD oh yes. we shall be uber sexified detail-insane-o's. *0*

woah im off topic XD

i wanna be that girl from that no-name game! *o*

My left sleeve for you costume in question is 10 hours in and i'm still not done X_X

speaking of which I might be bringing it as a firday night costume for CNA this year

Kisa
06-24-2003, 03:39 AM
Kaijugal, will there be workmanship judging at CNA this year?
Tree-san kind of got shafted for that...

Minako: Hah. Tree-san still has you both Beat. It took me a Week to do that entire thing. And then Tree-San two which took another week, and *technically* they aren't done... damn soul-sucking trees....

Kaijugal
06-24-2003, 11:06 AM
Kaijugal, will there be workmanship judging at CNA this year?
Tree-san kind of got shafted for that...

Minako: Hah. Tree-san still has you both Beat. It took me a Week to do that entire thing. And then Tree-San two which took another week, and *technically* they aren't done... damn soul-sucking trees....

I'm not sure if there will be workmanship judging or not. It depends on the upper management at CNA/SFX. It's not like a fan run con so it's alot more difficult. I.e there is not masq office so the director and staff have to go home every night. At Anime North they stay up all night printing out the winners sheets and certificates and whatnot. There have been a couple of changes this year already tho, so you never know. I'll try and find out. ..I feel your pain regarding workmanship judging however. In the past when I've competed I've always leaned towards the workmanship side of things. Even tho workmanship does not count toward your ranking, I personally value it more. Anyhow I'll get back to you on this. :) ~ CHEERS!

You just inspired me to start a poll on which people value more, awards for skits and preformances or for workmanship on thier costumes and props.
:bouncer: ~~~>http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14835

Limeyaku
06-24-2003, 04:36 PM
i wanna be a Tree-san! :) *blows in the wind* imma good tree! ^O^

...what is Tree-san? ^_^;;

Kisa
06-24-2003, 07:48 PM
LOL! sorry. They're my nicknames for the Subaru and Seishirou kimonos we painted last year for crappy con. See, in TB, Seishirou feeds people to the cherry tree, and since they were both covered in Sakura blossoms, and the painting of them nearly cost my MY soul, we dubbed them Tree-San1 and 2...

Minakolabelle
06-24-2003, 09:42 PM

XP the dragon is only done, on the sleeve. I have yet to make the one on the butt flap and paint the clouds. but then again I'm use to working on a 14 hours limit for a 5 foot by 4 foot painting X_x

I learned to blend colours at an alarmingly fast rate.

you my lady are just insane to do tree-san 1&2 ..... or am I? my masq costume for AN next year is that x 6 so far. I might be making a matching one for paris if she has the money and pare if I can convince her to give up her character to me X_x os it's tree-san x 18 *turns to dust and floats away*

Beatrix
06-25-2003, 09:03 AM
Kikoro: That would have been great if you could join us. If you change you mind just let me know. So far we have an Akito, Shigure and possibly a Hatsuharu, Ayame or Tohru.

Chosuke
06-25-2003, 09:08 AM
Kisa are you gonna ever wear Tree-san #1 again?
I would love my photographer to get a few pics of that since it is absolutely splendiferous and omg *-*

Kikoro
06-25-2003, 09:50 PM
Beatrix: since i have like 2 costumes already planned i would probably have to crossplay as Kyou since hes relatively easy. even though i would really like to go as Ayame. but i dont have the skills to make a costume like his. :(

Kisa
06-26-2003, 05:06 AM
Chobrat: I was going to bring it to Toronto Trek for a panel I was going to be on. And since i'm not a panalist for that particular one I wasn't going to, but I can probably bring it if you wanted to get photos... I mean, it will just end up in a garment bag with the rest of the costumes I'm bringing...
I'm kind of anal and protective about it tho, because it's the only costume I actually feel accomplished in having made... and the Obi needs to be finished... but I have my uber-bad-idea to work on, and Ashura to finish painting, so I can do it at the same time I suppose...

Kaijugal
06-26-2003, 11:10 AM
Chobrat: I was going to bring it to Toronto Trek for a panel I was going to be on. And since i'm not a panalist for that particular one I wasn't going to, ...

What panel Kisa? Why aren't you on it? :( :confused:

Chosuke
06-26-2003, 11:12 AM
I would love if you could bring it,but if not..cest la vie ^^;;

Beatrix
06-26-2003, 01:05 PM
Kikoro: We already have someone for Ayame, but we don't have a Kyou. If you want to do Kyou we'd be happy to have you on board!

Kisa
06-26-2003, 03:46 PM
The 'closer look at costume creation'.
Apparently there was a glitch when they were putting panalists on, and they didn't put the person who suggested it, and because I had lots anyway, they asked if I would give up my spot to let her on it. That and they had the Max number of people sitting and since she was the one who suggested it they wanted her on ectect.
So I said Ok, because of the nice person that I am (ahahhaha*coughcouch* Damn. Turning into a 'nice' person. I blame the heat.)

Kikoro
06-26-2003, 11:42 PM
Id love to Beatrix, but im not making any promises. if i do join your group i would go as Kyou. Im even willing to dye my hair orange :P since its kinda early i cant say for sure wether or not i can definitely be a part of this group, i will let you know as soon as i can if im going to join.

Beatrix
06-29-2003, 05:07 PM
i will let you know as soon as i can if im going to join.

Sounds good!:) I hope you can...but if not don't worry about it;)
Just wondering...what are the other costumes you are planning on so far?

Kaijugal
06-29-2003, 05:10 PM
The 'closer look at costume creation'.
Apparently there was a glitch when they were putting panalists on, and they didn't put the person who suggested it, and because I had lots anyway, they asked if I would give up my spot to let her on it. That and they had the Max number of people sitting and since she was the one who suggested it they wanted her on ectect.
So I said Ok, because of the nice person that I am (ahahhaha*coughcouch* Damn. Turning into a 'nice' person. I blame the heat.)

Kisa. Want my spot on the Penel. I'm participating in so many all ready. :)

Kikoro
06-29-2003, 05:27 PM
i was planning on going as a Saiyan warrior. my own character. i was going to make a scouter instead of armor and i already have the fabric for the tail.
The second one is the toughy. "Orochimaru" from Naruto. i have no idea how im going to make that rope thing he wears! Arrgh!

Beatrix
06-29-2003, 05:44 PM
Cool! Good luck with both your costumes:) I hope I'll get to see them at AN:D

~Beatrix

Kisa
06-30-2003, 12:30 AM
well, if you don't WANT to do it... but I'm doing enough panels to cover my cost of membership already, so there's no NEED for me to have it. But if you don't want to do it, I can take over

Kaijugal
06-30-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by heki-chan
we have our plans for AN04 already too ^__^
gonna be doing some MONSTERSIZEDGROUP collaborations with friends ^_^

but yeah i cant say wht tho. or ill be strangulated ^_^

but it should look awesome--hopefully ^0^

CNAX03!!!! now THAT is gonna be awesome ^0^ YEY! ^0^

You girls and the rest of the SMA gang are becoming the masters of the "monster sized group" thing. <grins> :D And you do it so well. :) I'd almost be jealous if I wasn't so "Monster Sized" all by myself!" <laughs>

Kisa
07-01-2003, 01:33 AM
Mmm. Everyone hopping onto the SMA bandwagon in hopes of being noticed/associated with Heki and co. It's amusing to watch.
It's sad. There are TWO FF based costumes I want to do, but feel bad for actually wanting to do them. You guys are THE FF/game group. I'll just stick to my obscure unloved manga *sniff*

Kaijugal
07-01-2003, 02:17 AM
Mmm. Everyone hopping onto the SMA bandwagon in hopes of being noticed/associated with Heki and co. It's amusing to watch.
It's sad. There are TWO FF based costumes I want to do, but feel bad for actually wanting to do them. You guys are THE FF/game group. I'll just stick to my obscure unloved manga *sniff*

There's no reason not to do it if you want to Kisa! After all I was going to do Yojimbo this year, ( but things happen and I never got him finished much less his mutt).
I'd definately say do it if you want to do it. Don't discount something you're interested in just because it's been done. There are a dozen Godzilla costumes rambling around North America and I still did mine. (Okay so I know most of them), but still ! :)

Kisa
07-01-2003, 03:21 AM
Yeah, it's just me being Fussy. lol
I'm anally weird about some aspects of costuming.

Kaijugal
07-02-2003, 06:27 PM
Yeah, it's just me being Fussy. lol
I'm anally weird about some aspects of costuming.

[COLOR=seagreen]You know I thought about it and after I did I realize that I have done the same thing before myself. (Not done a costume because someone else had already done it.) <rueful chuckle> Of course when I think about it there was that one year with the 7 Queen Amidalas, (at Trek). Luckily 5 of us were different ones. There were only 2 the same. I think there were about 4 Darth Mauls too. One was Mini Maul. Hahaha. He won Best In Show. :) That was a big Masquerade at Trek that year.

Mage
07-03-2003, 04:03 PM
lol...that's right, Kisa...and I'll just stick to FF/game costumes because you run off with all the other costumes I want to make. XP hee hee...

whee...it feels good to be back here after being without Internet for a while....

Sarcasm-hime
07-03-2003, 04:21 PM
I've avoided FF costumes for quite awhile simply because I saw everybody and their dog doing it....however, since I've found a FF costume that nobody seems to be doing, I might as well go for it since I like the costume. ^_^

Chosuke
07-03-2003, 05:33 PM
Well I can Garuntee <sp? oo;> That no one will be doing what we'll be doing for CN xD kekekeke.. Probably not many willa fter us either. We'll be the first!

Well..aside from that one Japanese guy.

Kisa
07-04-2003, 11:18 PM
Yeah. Over-done is one of the big reasons I've never wanted to do FF. I think Yuna is begining to rival Rinoa for "most done costume" and has surpased her if you consider that she has two costumes plus alternate outfits from FFX2.
Not that I would ever do FFX, or anything higher then 7, but engh.
Maybe one day.

heki-chan
07-05-2003, 01:47 AM
mmhmm!! LOL!! Yuna's *THE* most cosplayed FF-character. EVERRRR.!!! LOL
but its all good^_^
Yuna's a great character so yeah HEHEH^_^

There hasnt been too many rinoa's lately, but FF8 boys are really making a huge comeback X_X wee^_^

okay its late and im being random. X_X;

Kisa
07-05-2003, 02:48 AM
Oh, but Rinoa keeps coming! Just you wait and see! She'll be the zombie character that just wont die. Kind of like Sailor Moon...
I agree tho. I liked Yuna's character. A lot more then say, Rinoa *cough* but some days I go " Stopit!" lol.
Squall is equally the most done FFBoy ever. Tho if I had to do a boy, he would be #2 on my list. But that's just cause I like em Angsty or Broken...
And I'm just being catty. In a bad mood tonight.

xiola
07-05-2003, 12:16 PM
Squall is the male Rinoa lately - which is strange since he's only making a comback after the Rinoa-ness has started to die out. O_o

.... that is all.

Kisa
07-05-2003, 11:54 PM
Yeah. It's kind of creepy actually...

Kaijugal
07-07-2003, 12:22 PM
:P

We need more video games with big fat monster charachters. Not ones with skinny little waists!! LOL..FF has too many skinny monsters!

okay... I NEED

Hahah

~Dawn

Kisa
07-07-2003, 01:51 PM
MM!! Remind me to talk to you at the Con about Next Year's TT Masq. Louise and I have a kick-ass idea, and you're the perfect person to ask advice from.

^_^

I only say Remind-me because I'll be scattered-brained and probably wont think of it. lol. But it involves fat monsters no skinny ones!

Kaijugal
07-07-2003, 02:38 PM
MM!! Remind me to talk to you at the Con about Next Year's TT Masq. Louise and I have a kick-ass idea, and you're the perfect person to ask advice from.

^_^

I only say Remind-me because I'll be scattered-brained and probably wont think of it. lol. But it involves fat monsters no skinny ones!

Sounds Great~! I'll be happy to give you any helpful input I can. :) You right! No one knows more about fat monsters than me..well..except maybe my ex boyfriends. ;) LOL! :angel2: