PDA

View Full Version : Death Note Ryuk help

Nikkler
02-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Hello everyone I'm new here and I have a HUGE question.

I'm Cosplaying Ryuk at Otakon 2008 and I'm making it out of leather. My question is since Ryuk's costume requires form fitted material and leather doesn't have any give what can I do to make it so I can move (the good old sitting down, walking ect.)

My Idea: I was thinking if I did it in sections and attacking pieces by making strips of fabric that would under the other piece and button so I would have some give but still give me the tight. I have no clue if that would work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you I <3 you all

pmastamonkmonk
02-12-2008, 10:04 AM
I remember this Kadaj at AAC... her outfit was amazing, but it had no stretch so the poor girl couldn't sit down all day! 16 hours of leaning against walls when she could!

However, that is the true sign of a cosplayer. Don't mess with the costume itself just for comfort... though I'm sure you could make it separate pants and shirt :3

s-meisters
02-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Just a suggestion for a cosplay, it will cut down on a lot of costume work and it also fits into what Ryuk would do cuz he does joke around a lot. There might be a load of Ryuk's at the convention so if you're interested in doing something different than try this idea ^^.

http://raikochan.deviantart.com/art/Death-Note-Snow-White-12859639

CezzaXV
02-14-2008, 03:29 PM
The only thing I can think of is installing some wide elastic at the back or something. The leather won't give, but the elastic will. I know it'll stand out a bit, but it's a choice between that and standing up all day. :(

Blasphemy Blue
02-14-2008, 03:31 PM
I'd honestly say try a catsuit as a base. Those usually have some stretch and flexibility, and you can get them cheap on a lot of sites in different materials.