PDA

View Full Version : Mock Trial

Goldfinch
02-11-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm currently planning a Phoenix Wright mock trial for AnimeFest '08. We'll have a fictitional scenario drawn up for participants to solve with evidence to examine, crime scene photos to investigate, witnesses to pick apart, and ultimately a killer to find. A roster for the roles of defense, prosecution, detective, etc will be worked out beforehand at my discretion. Those who don't actively participate can observe from the jury. We may or may not record the trial on video. Anything and everything in this post is subject to change at any time.

Positions:

Electrical Engineer: TAKEN
Defense Attorney: Open
Attorney's Assistant: TAKEN
Prosecution: TAKEN
Prosecution's Assistant: Open
Detective: Open
Judge: TAKEN
Witness #1: TAKEN
Witness #2: TAKEN
Killer: TAKEN

If you would like to secure a position to participate in, please PM me and include any relevant information like who you will cosplay as, what experience you may have in drama, debate, etc.

All in all, I'm really excited about the prospect of orchestrating this event, and I look forward to your comments, suggestions, and questions.

Paulie1980
04-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Well just for something fun, I am doing Bruce Goodman and it would be neat to see Bruce as a detective BEFORE he kicked the bucket. I have no drama classes but I'm a pretty good speaker. Keep me posted if you are interested in having me.

Silver 9
04-24-2008, 03:07 PM
If you guys feel like you need adequate music, look me up. I got GS1-4 soundtracks on my MP3 player, and I'll be getting speakers for A-Kon, so I don't see why I wouldn't bring them to AFEST.

Oh, and if you guys need to use a panel room or something, just let me know. I work in AV Tech when I'm at that con, and if I can swing it, I can see that we can get you guys to use a room or something that isn't in use. Hopefully.

Goldfinch
06-23-2008, 09:21 PM
I've updated the roster of positions, please feel free to PM me or post here if you're interested in a position or a backup position. I've been working on the details of the actual scenario, and if you have any connection to convention management that can help put this event on the map, I encourage you to pitch the idea.

Silver 9
06-24-2008, 02:09 AM
Just a quick FYI for the spot of electrical engineer, I can do it, but only on either A: my off time, or B: when they schedule me for it. If I'm needed somewhere else, I'll more than likely be going there. Of course, I'll more than likely pass on the word when I get there on Thursday, so they know ahead of time.

suger_snake
06-24-2008, 02:57 AM
i was thinking
should we ad mentors or ... erg
well you know what i mean like phoenix always had maya next to him
polly had Kristoph and trucy
mia had grosburg
if so i think it would be tons of fun go a Kristoph as a mentor

Goldfinch
06-24-2008, 03:30 AM
i was thinking
should we ad mentors or ... erg
well you know what i mean like phoenix always had maya next to him
polly had Kristoph and trucy
mia had grosburg
if so i think it would be tons of fun go a Kristoph as a mentor

Ah, yes, I actually have that position filled, I just forgot to add it. Thanks for the reminder.

cidbram
06-24-2008, 04:20 AM
Well, if you need judge. I tend to be clueless when it comes to some aspects, much like him, but if you need a judge, I'll come with gavel in hand. ^_^

Goldfinch
06-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Well, if you need judge. I tend to be clueless when it comes to some aspects, much like him, but if you need a judge, I'll come with gavel in hand. ^_^

Consider yourself having dibs on the position. Welcome to the crew.

TR Rose
06-25-2008, 07:51 AM
PM'ed with info.

Goldfinch
06-25-2008, 02:31 PM
PM'ed with info.

Roster updated.

Nozomi
06-25-2008, 05:08 PM
When do you think you would be doing this? Like, what day/time? Also, are you only accepting PW cosplayers, or can I apply if I'm cosplaying from something else?

Goldfinch
06-26-2008, 01:40 AM
When do you think you would be doing this? Like, what day/time? Also, are you only accepting PW cosplayers, or can I apply if I'm cosplaying from something else?

There's going to be a Phoenix Wright photo shoot on Sunday afternoon, so preferably we'll have it shortly before or after the shoot. It will probably last about 1 hour.

I would highly prefer that all participants cosplay as PW characters. The only exceptions will be the witnesses, which are working with me closely and will be dressed in original outfits.

Nozomi
06-26-2008, 01:53 AM
Okay, thanks for the info.