PDA

View Full Version : Fullmetal Alchemist '08

QueenDuranie
02-13-2008, 01:48 PM
I know that a group of us are planning on attending Connecticon as a kinda AB '08 reunion. I was wondering who else was planning on attending and cosplaying.
FMA Connecticon Rollcall....
Izumi (QD) and Scar (Myu)

LadyHawke78
02-14-2008, 03:19 PM
I know that a group of us are planning on attending Connecticon as a kinda AB '08 reunion. I was wondering who else was planning on attending and cosplaying.
FMA Connecticon Rollcall....
Izumi (QD) and Scar (Myu)

Lt. Hawkeye reporting for duty, Ma'am... wait, WHAT???

XD

Kiarrens and I will be in the musical, so we'll be there at CTCon. :bigtu:

QueenDuranie
02-14-2008, 04:51 PM
YAY!!!! I still can't wait to see what you have up your sleeves.
And yes there will be a meeting at the Tavern after the Masq. to celebrate.
;D

stardust462
02-15-2008, 11:13 AM
If I get Maria Ross done before this (which I should because I want to have it for PortCon), I will definitely bring it.

LadyHawke78
02-15-2008, 11:55 AM
@Stardust:

OH HELL YEAH PHOTO OPS!!! :bigtu:
Badass FMA chicks w/ guns FTW.

tammertime
02-15-2008, 02:58 PM
I want to,(!!!) if I can get a room nailed down for the weekend, and then I'll probably be bringing Katherine with me.. XD

LadyHawke78
02-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Awww... Olivia and Katheirne... how sweet... Hopefuly she gets along with her little sister better than she does with her 'little' brother. XD

Queenie-- that tavern is made of WIN. All we have to hope for now is that they don't run out of food like they did last year. (SRSLY. I kid you not. Steve, GingerAnne and Michaela and I went there last yr at CTcon, and they literally ran out of food. It was lame.)

tammertime
02-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Awww... Olivia and Katheirne... how sweet... Hopefuly she gets along with her little sister better than she does with her 'little' brother. XD

It will be sweet, until some poor sap even LOOKS at her.. *growls*
lol

(funnny part too...she's actually TALLER than me... my sis IRL, the one who'll be coming up w/ me. Even though she's younger *sighs*)

cealjlapointe
02-16-2008, 05:26 PM
i might be bring noa again i dont know. or rose one or the 2. im bringing org namine i know that for a fact

QueenDuranie
02-18-2008, 06:48 PM
It will be sweet, until some poor sap even LOOKS at her.. *growls*

Makes mental note...Introduce Katherine to Scar.
:crylaugh:

Redneck Otaku
03-07-2008, 09:53 PM
*sneaks in from AB fourms and CTcon forums*Greeting again!

Now for a proper introduction... I'm the famous Edward Elric. The good looking and not so short alchemist of the people. *pose*

I travel about 2 hours from my humble home of Anime Boston with my little brother Alphonse and our friends Lt Havoc, MjGen Armstrong, Lt Hawkeye and possibly our own Homunculi prisoner, Lust... that is if you allow us into your humble convention. *bow* And we come baring a backdrop of peace made to look like the cover of a Fullmetal Alchemist manga.

Looking forward to meeting more FMA fan in CTcon. Althought I have a feeling most I'll be meeting at AB ^^

LadyHawke78
03-09-2008, 04:37 PM
Due to a development this past week, I will not be going to Connection this summer. (I was really only going for one reason, and I have since relieved myself of that responsibility.)

Have fun though!

Redneck Otaku
03-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Awww... you will be missed.

Lola
03-11-2008, 02:13 PM
man, i wish i could go...

QueenDuranie
03-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Well there's still time. You never know you may be in CT in August for the con.
;D

Redneck Otaku
03-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Now that the beloved Anime Boston is over... ;_; ... it's time to start the work on CTcon. ^^

QueenDuranie
03-25-2008, 10:16 PM
It shouldn't be as busy as AB....I hope.
This time I'm definately hitting the dealer room.
When it gets closer we'll set a FMA Photoshoot time.

zomgmissy
03-26-2008, 07:39 AM
I wasn't an FMA cosplayer at AB, but I plan on being Roy Mustang at ConnectiCon if I can finish the costume in time. I'll be dragging an Ed and a Winry with me that day, too, if things go as planned.

Redneck Otaku
03-26-2008, 11:57 AM
*makes note to hide from all Winrys*

Edward is only my second cosplay for CTcon (if I can afford to go). So hopefuly I can find peoples from AB there.

QueenDuranie
03-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Scar is going. Now to get him to register over here.
*Grabs butcher knife*

Redneck Otaku
03-27-2008, 01:07 AM
I meant to register... totasly forgot. I need to do that soon. $40 isn't much for 3 days and first crack at AB09 registration ^^

tammertime
03-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Looks like I'll be trying for Greed!Ling.... I just have to figure out how to work with my hair for this..... *plots.......i mean...plans...yeah..*

Redneck Otaku
03-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Wig or dye it.

So anyways... I should be bringing Edward to CTcon... hopefuly my hair will be long enough to braid this time >_> And I can practice my short rants since I apparently suck at them <_< Thank you Nakano for pointing that our during FML

And in case anyone was question... Fullmetal Legal WILL NOT make an apprenece in CTcon, it's an AB special only... not to mention I need WAY more time to work out kinks and the such...

But back to CTcon... I hope to see alot of AB faces at CTcon and maybe we can form a gathering. I'll attempt to bring the manga backdrop if anyone wants to pose in front of it.

QueenDuranie
04-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Fullmetal Legal WILL NOT make an apprenece in CTcon, it's an AB special only... not to mention I need WAY more time to work out kinks and the such...

CT may be a good time to sit down and brainstorm for next year's panel. I mean it's not very often that members of our group are able to meet face to face.
:bigtu:
I'm still debating on applying to Cosplay Chess seeing how our group got the ax at AB.

Redneck Otaku
04-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Yes... ^^ since just about all (except for 1-2) will be at CTcon... we should brainstorm... while sober. I will officaly be able to drink (legally) in June ^^

But yeah... CTcon here we come. I'm registered and now I'm just waiting for my frined to reserve the room since I'm supposidly not good at it. I forgot to lie about there being four people in the room when I was supposed to say there were only 2. I'm just not a good lier ;_;

QueenDuranie
04-10-2008, 06:28 PM
I promise to be a good girl. Especially if I get accepted for Chess like at AB. But I see a FMA AB Reunion dinner happening Friday night. We could discuss it then or after the dinner.

Redneck Otaku
04-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Mmmmmmm dinner. What kind of places are there to eat around there? I've never gone to CTcon for more then a day. This will be my frist time going for the entire weekend. So I guess you could say I'm a CTcon rookie. ^^;

NefertariVivi
04-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Brother's still trying to get me to go.. I dunno.. Ish not 'till August.. so I still gots time to decide.. Maybe.. If I do go.. dunno if I'll bring Al.. might be too hot to wear it.. Probably bring Sanji.. &anything new I might have..

QueenDuranie
04-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Well once I get a headcount of AB Alumni I'll make reservations at the Arch or if they are not available we can hoof it up the hill to Sweet Jane's. It's a bit of a hike but it goes by quick when you're with friends.

Redneck Otaku
04-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Brother's still trying to get me to go.. I dunno.. Ish not 'till August.. so I still gots time to decide..

Pre-reg ends in a couple months... and it's already up to $40

QueenDuranie
04-14-2008, 06:37 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this.....
You should listen to your Brother.

Redneck Otaku
04-15-2008, 10:04 AM
*reads Sensei's last post*

*blinks*

*rereads it*

*passes out*

QueenDuranie
04-15-2008, 06:14 PM
OK I know that Scar has FINALLY signed up here and at the Connecticon Forum, which we were having fun at this afternoon.
:D

THE Scar
04-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Oh the fun shall be had...oh yes indeed mwahahahaaaa :toothy:

QueenDuranie
04-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Geez, you certainly took your time.
Were you blowing stuff up on your way over here?

tammertime
04-18-2008, 07:49 PM
You don't have to worry much though...

you know, if he tries to blow up your head, nothing in there to explode anyways.
~(^_^)~

QueenDuranie
04-18-2008, 08:11 PM
You must have me mistaken for someone in the Military.
:p

NefertariVivi
04-29-2008, 05:34 PM
So.. I listened to Brother &sent in my registration today..oo YAY..oo I'll see you guys there, in Al cosplay XDD I'm totally gonna make a sign or something..oo

QueenDuranie
04-30-2008, 12:40 AM
Yay!!!! Extended family reunion!!!

Redneck Otaku
05-02-2008, 09:09 AM
We're all just one big happy cosplay family! ^^

And its about time you listened to me Alphonse. >_>

QueenDuranie
05-02-2008, 11:57 PM
You had one bit of good advice in let's see.... a lifetime.
Let's try to make THAT a habit Ed.
Trying to Sue me....BAD ADVICE.
Getting your Brother to Connecticon....GOOD ADVICE.
See the difference.

NefertariVivi
05-04-2008, 04:07 AM
~drags self in, trying to make teh insomnia go away~..xo
I agree with Teacher..oo You need to set yerself straight with those types of decisions/priorities, Brother..oo
YAY! I can't wait to see everyone again! ^.^

QueenDuranie
05-07-2008, 12:36 AM
When it gets closer we are going to have to set a time for a photoshoot.
OH! And figure out dinner plans.

Redneck Otaku
05-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Mmmmmmm dinner plans. Anything good near CTcon? Walking distance?

Dood... we have over a year left till AB09... and I've got the AB fever... I'm already planning out FML2 >_<

QueenDuranie
05-08-2008, 11:44 AM
There is a few places I have in mind, all in walking distance of the con center.
You're going to need a good meal in your belly with all the running you'll be doing.
;D

Redneck Otaku
05-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Oh no.... not again.... *memories of the panel from AB08*

I still have nightmares... *looks over shoulder carefuly*

QueenDuranie
05-24-2008, 01:50 AM
I think Scar will be too busy chasing Mustang to notice you. Your um... stature might be a factor as well. So you'll only have to worry about ME.
;D

Gale
05-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Hopefully I'll finally be able to hang with you guys ACTUALLY DRESSED AS AN FMA CHARACTER. Yep, got my Winry costume from last year all ready and planning to bring it. Should be awesome ;)

Redneck Otaku
05-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Yay a Winry..... wait... that's bad news... now there are TWO people out for me. >_> *moves to canada*

plastic_man
06-20-2008, 06:45 PM
Should all go well for me, I'll be another Roy :)

Has anyone given any thought to a photoshoot?

QueenDuranie
06-21-2008, 12:17 AM
Oh, yes..there will be a photoshoot.
Just need to figure out a good time. I think that doing one on Friday and Saturday would be a good idea for those of us who cannot attend the entire weekend or may have to miss out on one of them due to scheduling conflicts.

Redneck Otaku
06-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Yay photoshoot! I just hope it isn't too hot to be walking around in my Edward cosplay. I'm brining another cosplay from another anime (NANA) just in case I start to die of the heat. ^^;

NefertariVivi
06-24-2008, 01:40 PM
~snickers~ Kinda likies with teh Leather pants @Anime Boston, huh? XD My offer to take those off yer hands still stands, Brother XD. But yeah, I hope ish not too hot either..xx Note to self.. bring a fan or something.. How about Saturday fer a photoshoot? or Friday..oo I can't wait to see everyone again, Family Reunion^^

QueenDuranie
07-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Who's picking up their badges on Thursday?
Perhaps we can have our FMA AB reunion dinner that evening, cosplay optional for those who want to keep their outfits pristine for the con.
Any interest?

Redneck Otaku
07-02-2008, 08:51 PM
My group aint arriving until Friday morning. We should be pulling into the parking garage around 7am. All 5-6 of us piling out of the Oldsmobil "Granny Car". lol It's like an Anime Clown Car....

QueenDuranie
07-03-2008, 11:56 AM
My group should be officially checking into the hotel probably around noon. It all depends on the con schedule.

LadyHawke78
07-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Mmmmmmm dinner plans. Anything good near CTcon? Walking distance?

ARCH STREET TAVERN.

WIN.

God, I am SOOOOO tempted to drive up on Saturday... I can't miss out on this epicness.

The Hag
07-11-2008, 10:12 AM
God, I am SOOOOO tempted to drive up on Saturday... I can't miss out on this epicness.

DO IT!

LadyHawke78
07-11-2008, 11:16 AM
DO IT!

Only if you DO IT TOO. :bigtu:
You DO have the fuel-efficient Prius... you have NO EXCUSE!!

EDIT: screw that idea. Looks like FMA stuff is happening on Friday, and there is NO WAY I'd be able to make Friday. Ah well...

The Hag
07-11-2008, 04:17 PM
It would be fun if you came to CCon on Saturday, but I'm not gonna harangue you. I couldn't get my butt up to PortCon so I have no room to talk. If you do make it though, I promise I'll wear the FMA uniform I made for my daughter. THE HAG ACTUALLY WEARING A COSTUME SHE MADE? :eek: I'd have to change the shoulder insignia though - I could pull off Maria Ross. I'm actually a Sheska :crylaugh: but she always wears a skirt doesn't she? One of these days I'll actually get around to making Izumi or Ling Yao.

QueenDuranie
07-13-2008, 03:42 PM
Jeni get your butt up to CT for Saturday. We will definately do the Arch that night. You can crash in our room if you'd like. It's going to be a Wicked Pissah of a weekend, you need to be a part of it.
I wanna see you drink Scar under the table.
Come on, PLEEEEEZE say you'll go!!!

QueenDuranie
07-13-2008, 11:53 PM
Originally posted at the Connecticon forums. Copied for those who don't visit there.
I was thinking about a nighttime shoot on Friday which will allow people to settle in and get some cool twlight shots. Say 7pm.
Then 2pm on Saturday afternoon I was thinking if the weather is nice we can have it outside in the area between the con center and the hotel, if it's raining we can have it in the area outside the Main Events room.
And if there are still people around we can figure out if we would like to do one on Sunday during the Saturday shoot.
How does that sound to everyone?

LadyHawke78
07-15-2008, 04:11 PM
If I somehow lost my mind and decided to head up, it would probably be Fri night (ETA around 8pm... I'd be leaving after work @ 5pm. 3 hr drive...) so I could only make Sat.

I COULD finish Olivia for this, but no way in hell would I wear that wool/fur coat + leather gloves combo in BLOODY AUGUST. DO NOT WANT.

QueenDuranie
07-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Jeni, Scar wants you to check out your DA page he left you a message there.
And you have to come up on Friday.
:cheers:
:bigtu:

Itsuki13
07-29-2008, 03:17 AM
well at ab I wasn't a fma cosplay but on friday I will be the little homonculi we all know and love (hopefully) WRATH! ^_^

tammertime
07-29-2008, 04:01 AM
I COULD finish Olivia for this, but no way in hell would I wear that wool/fur coat + leather gloves combo in BLOODY AUGUST. DO NOT WANT.

TWO battery-powered fans ftw. That's how I'm surviving anyway. lol.
And I have another person interested in an AB reunion dinner, the Riza that practically won the barrel game for us. lol :bigtu:

Redneck Otaku
07-30-2008, 09:19 AM
CTcon here we come!! I'm getting anxious but alittle worried I'll blow my car payment money on crap in the dealer's room. lol But I can't wait to see everyone and hang out again!