PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions and Ideas *puts thinking cap on*


isami
09-10-2002, 02:47 PM
Ok, new topic of thought. Does anyone have any ideas for fun stuff to do at shoujocon?

Too many late night musings on my part, but I thought like.. a sort of photo-shoot thing would be interesting. Like, a small block of time in a little scenic area where folks can just kind of organize together soley for the purpose of taking pictures.
Now, I know the first thing people might think is "well, we take pictures anyway, so what's the point?" True, but I know there were people that I really wanted to snap but couldn't find them anywhere. I'm sure it's not as much of a deal for SJcon cuz it's small, though, but I still think it'd be neat. You could have backgrounds and stuff... ::dreams of this:: :sleep:

And, some fun games I've played that would be interesting to see, either on stage or just anywhere. There's this game that I've seen go by "Liar's Club" or "Stump the Bulbs" where you get a word, and four people have different meanings and you have to try to guess which one is the right meaning. You could use japanese words or something. Any sort of Trivia/Jeopordy type games would be fun, too.

So, anyone else take a swing?

Xx Lulu xX
09-11-2002, 09:21 PM
:bouncer: Isami..i like the whole photoshoot idea

isami
09-12-2002, 01:08 PM
Yay, I'm glad someone does. XD
:: yawn :: I'm in school right now. Suposed to be researching Cayuga indians and stuff. BORED

Ranma Saotome
09-12-2002, 03:41 PM
*scratches head* Didn't I just start a thread on this?

Cassandra
09-12-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
*scratches head* Didn't I just start a thread on this?

*giggle* If you look at the thread dates, this one was made first ;)

isami
09-12-2002, 04:29 PM
lol, yeah, but no one pays as much attention to me, so it was reply-less for a long time...

Xx Lulu xX
09-12-2002, 09:34 PM
:bouncer: *blink* *tilts head to the side* What?

isami
09-14-2002, 06:41 PM
nevermind. dont' think too much, you might hurt yourself...

Ranma Saotome
09-15-2002, 10:07 AM
Well anyways, start coming up with ideas and suggestions for Shoujocon 2003, so I can submit them. And yes you will get the credit for it.

isami
09-15-2002, 10:10 AM
Ok, well you have my suggestions thus far with the Photoshoot thing. I think it would be neat! And Trivia!

isami
09-17-2002, 07:53 PM
Ok, I know I'm reposting, but does anyone think that ballroom idea would go well at Shoujocon? Some of you might have seen that topic in the babble board. Go check it out if you have a few mins. BALLROOM dANCING!
I don't think it'd have to be formal, but a nice little slow-dance would be cute! or maybe just an hour or something during the dance for slow dances. That'd be fun!

Ranma Saotome
10-03-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by isami
Ok, well you have my suggestions thus far with the Photoshoot thing. I think it would be neat! And Trivia!

That's a good idea. But how would it be ran?

Ranma Saotome
10-03-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by isami
maybe just an hour or something during the dance for slow
dances. That'd be fun!

I like that idea very much. :)

Rosiel
10-03-2002, 11:39 AM
> Go check it out if you have a few mins. BALLROOM dANCING!

That would probably make me try to attend the con. ^___^

An hour for slow dances might not be a good idea though, but, say, one slow dance every 5-6 fast ones would make sure that people without partners won't just leave then end up never coming back.

Ranma Saotome
10-03-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
An hour for slow dances might not be a good idea though, but, say, one slow dance every 5-6 fast ones would make sure that people without partners won't just leave then end up never coming back.

That's basically what I plan on doing when I put the music together for the dance.

Tea-chan
10-04-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by isami
Ok, I know I'm reposting, but does anyone think that ballroom idea would go well at Shoujocon? Some of you might have seen that topic in the babble board. Go check it out if you have a few mins. BALLROOM dANCING!
I don't think it'd have to be formal, but a nice little slow-dance would be cute! or maybe just an hour or something during the dance for slow dances. That'd be fun!

I really really like that idea. :D It'd be cute. XD All the cosplayers and happy otaku just dancing and.. it'd be fun. You got my vote on that one. :D

mandichan
10-04-2002, 07:08 PM
They had a tight trivia contest last year, it was "bobbing for bishounen" ^_^ I guess some people might have expected something different from the name, but you pulled eggs with questions out of baskets. It was really a lot of fun, I hope they have it again next year XD

I hope they have another DDR contest too XD It was nice to be in a tournament that wasn't TOO filled with super maniac experts, but there were still *some* ^-^

Anyway, that photo shoot area would be tight, it would be great if they just set up a place with good lighting and backdrops for photos, so you could take your own good pics while you're there!

And also as many discussion groups/panels as possible would be tight!!! XD At other cons I usually avoid these things, but at shoujocon its just so nice and friendly, you can get in a group and just talk! Its fun~ ^o^ Last year I liked the "Villains you love to hate" and "obscure shoujo manga" and the clamp discussion and all the sort of wonderful stuff! ^o^

Errr um I'll keep brainstorming for some *new* ideas instead of just old stuff I liked ^_^;;; But I'll probably be confined to the art sectio next year anyway ToT

--Mandichan

isami
10-06-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by mandichan


Anyway, that photo shoot area would be tight, it would be great if they just set up a place with good lighting and backdrops for photos, so you could take your own good pics while you're there!

-Mandichan


YES! That's what I was thinking (Sorry Ranma for not replying to your question on how to run it). I guess basically what Mandi-chan said. A nice well-lit area, possibly outside depending on the weather and all. The area where last SJCon's Parliment was held is what came to mind. I'm not sure how long it would have to be. I'm guessing an hour would suffice. We could just ask the main cheeses what they think

As for back drops, Well, I love to paint, so I could do some. They could be basic, I'm guessing. Japanese temples, festivals, clouds... I had one fun idea. It was a Las Vegas chaple and cosplayers could make the weirdest couples getting married with Elvis. LOL. Bah, I could always do some basic sketches and send them in. If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to add it.

*Added* Ok, I just thought about it. will there need to be someone supervising, or no? I'm not sure if this would be some "official" event or anything. I'm guessing someone would have to be there to supervise or snap pics for people. I'd do it. XD Another idea was to maybe have an extra poloroid camera for humans who just want a quick pic or something, although that may become costly. ... Hmm. Okai

*Another Added* Unless I'm too young to supervise... I'll be 17 1/2. Stupid age. Just short of being 18 and legal. Can't do anything fun. ::tear::

Ranma Saotome
10-06-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by mandichan
I hope they have another DDR contest too XD It was nice to be in a tournament that wasn't TOO filled with super maniac experts, but there were still *some* ^-^

Oh there will be. Right now I'm working on a DDR special edition just for the con. ^^

isami
10-11-2002, 04:15 PM
::cough:: Ranma-san... did you read my last post? o.o;;

Ranma Saotome
10-13-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by isami
::cough:: Ranma-san... did you read my last post? o.o;;

Uh yeah. What was the point you were getting at? Sorry, I'm just trying to get myself together here.

isami
10-16-2002, 02:40 PM
ok... i was just explaining that I agreed with mandichan on the basics of how a photoshoot for the convention could be run, and that should you decide to do it, I'd get the backgrounds painted. But... if you want me to do the bg's, i need to know ASAP because time is of the essense and painted takes a good amount of time.. and money. ^^