PDA

View Full Version : Bleach Costumes from Cosplaymagic.com? Pictures anyone?

GirlGenChan
02-15-2008, 03:33 PM
I am thinking about ordering two Bleach shinigami costumes from Cosplaymagic.com (xenetoy on ebay) in the next day or two. They are the only people who can get it to me in time what's not going to cost me an arm and a leg. First time buying a costume too, so I really don't know how this is going to work out.

But I'm not happy with a detail of the costume (the picture toes not have the top tucked into the hakama and they couldn't send me a picture of it.

Can someone show me a picture of their Bleach costume from them? Thank you. :)

benihime
02-15-2008, 08:59 PM
when ordering costumes (and i order all of my prince of tennis costumes from there) try qqcosplay.com
my friend asked to see a picture of one of the uniforms because the zipper was wrong and they sent her pictures

so you might try them

The Godslayer
02-15-2008, 09:00 PM
First off, ordering from China was a nightmare. It wasn't the seller's fault, it was that Customs in California was going through EVERYTHING and there was a 15 day hold up, so it took exactly one month for us to get our costumes for AWA last year. It arrived a mere two days before we had to leave for the convention. If you're ordering cosplay from China, be sure you've got a month to a month and a half before the con before you order.

I will note that we ordered ours sometime in mid-August, which apparently was an awesome time for people ordering Halloween costumes and other goodies from China. That played a part in the hold up, but even so, I wouldn't order from China less than a month before I needed the costume.

Here's a pic of mine and my friend's Momo and Aizen cosplay (we're the duo on the very right):

http://www.horoko.net/AWA%202007/squad5a.jpg

In my opinion, the costume was very good quality for what I paid (I won mine for just $24.99). The tabi socks were actual tabi socks this time instead of small pillow cases for your feet, as was the case for 2006. The shoes were also much better. Overall, I was very pleased with the costume itself, despite the difficulties with the shipping time and tracking my package. (I swear I called the customs guy in California ten times before they found our costumes and gave me a DHL tracking number. T___T)

Anyway, if you need any other pics, I'll post links. Hope this helps!

GirlGenChan
02-15-2008, 10:26 PM
First off, ordering from China was a nightmare. It wasn't the seller's fault, it was that Customs in California was going through EVERYTHING and there was a 15 day hold up, so it took exactly one month for us to get our costumes for AWA last year. It arrived a mere two days before we had to leave for the convention. If you're ordering cosplay from China, be sure you've got a month to a month and a half before the con before you order.

I will note that we ordered ours sometime in mid-August, which apparently was an awesome time for people ordering Halloween costumes and other goodies from China. That played a part in the hold up, but even so, I wouldn't order from China less than a month before I needed the costume.

Here's a pic of mine and my friend's Momo and Aizen cosplay (we're the duo on the very right):

http://www.horoko.net/AWA%202007/squad5a.jpg

In my opinion, the costume was very good quality for what I paid (I won mine for just $24.99). The tabi socks were actual tabi socks this time instead of small pillow cases for your feet, as was the case for 2006. The shoes were also much better. Overall, I was very pleased with the costume itself, despite the difficulties with the shipping time and tracking my package. (I swear I called the customs guy in California ten times before they found our costumes and gave me a DHL tracking number. T___T)

Anyway, if you need any other pics, I'll post links. Hope this helps!

This helps very much. I have 1 month and a week before the con (that hadn't been planned to begin with but just happened). So timing is an issue on when I get it.

Did you get these from cosplaymagic.com?

The Godslayer
02-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Yes, these were purchased from xenetoy/cosplaymagic.com.

Tallus
02-15-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure why these costume-makers insist on doing this, but the white underkimono is not supposed to fold over the black haori. If you do buy from these guys, see if you can't at least correct that part so it looks right. I know the coat is one big piece and the white part is just a thin strip of fabric sewn to the under-edge of the black, but it's easily fixable. It's easy to tell when folks buy their costumes because of that trademark mess-up.

Cat-Chans
02-15-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure why these costume-makers insist on doing this, but the white underkimono is not supposed to fold over the black haori. If you do buy from these guys, see if you can't at least correct that part so it looks right. I know the coat is one big piece and the white part is just a thin strip of fabric sewn to the under-edge of the black, but it's easily fixable. It's easy to tell when folks buy their costumes because of that trademark mess-up.

Thats easy, they do it because its faster and cheaper than making it accurate. For accuracy you need the white under kimono and the black over kimono. Twice as much fabric and time so they take the shortcut.

GirlGenChan
02-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Good to know! My sewing machine is screwed up right now and I just don't have the time to make them. But I would haven enough time to fix some mistakes. Thanks to everyone to wrote me. :) I ended up buying from Honey Lee instead, she sent me the images I needed and has been really helpful.

Thank you for your help everyone. :)