PDA

View Full Version : Hellsing patches??

HyuugaHinata
02-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Ok, so I'm going to be cosplaying as Seras Victoria, and I'm almost done with her costume, except for the patches...now, I was originally going to make them out of fabric, but the kind of fabric I bought sucks eggs -_- I have a couple months til the convention, so time's not an issue. Any and all help is appreciated.

The Hag
02-16-2008, 05:49 AM
If you are interested in commissioning embroidered patches from me, send me a PM.

For making them yourself you could do the embroidery by hand, since you say you have lots of time. You can also buy fabric that can be used in an inkjet printer. Most craft stores carry it - it's something like $10 for five 8.5 x 11 sheets. So you could basically print them out, put them on a stiff backing (stabilizer, heavyweight interfacing) and do a satin stitch around the edge.

HyuugaHinata
02-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Wow, I didn't know you could put fabric in a printer...I was just thinking of using felt, since I have a bunch leftover from my Hinata costume, but I don't know...the other fabric I bought frays way to much, and I don't have a serger, and my sewing machine's foot pedal doesn't work right; so, everything I do has to be done by hand.

I think I'll make a couple in the felt, jsut to see how it looks, then if it won't work, I'll have a back up plan :)

U_ne_korn
02-16-2008, 03:41 PM
You're doing an entire costume by HAND!!! Thats just sadistic! :-D

I made Hellsing patches once. Just squares of fabric sewed together. Then I just wrote "HELLSING" on them in black ink pen (we call it a Vivid in our neck of the woods). Looked pretty ok. Don't have it anymore to show you though.

Although I do admit that embroidered patches would look so much cooler.

HyuugaHinata
02-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Well, not exactly the WHOLE costume; I bought the shirt and skirt, I'm just adding on the patches, pockets, buttons, shoulder straps, collar, and armbands ^_^;;;

Meanlilkitty
02-18-2008, 02:13 AM
If you talk to (I think her name is) Blood Raine, she organised our group getting helluv fancy prof made embroidered patches. She'll be in the hellsing gathering forem for ala, so you can find her there or do a search. She'll know what company we got them from. We got them as a group, so they were cheap, only about 4.50 each patch, otherwise it would probably be a lot more. However, I think you could do a forem post and see if you could get more people interested. People are always asking me where I got mine so they could pick some up. You could even make a profit off of this. If you wanna look at an example of our patch, you could look at my Blood Seras costume.

MadEddy
02-18-2008, 03:13 AM
You can also buy fabric that can be used in an inkjet printer. Most craft stores carry it - it's something like $10 for five 8.5 x 11 sheets.

I don't suppose you remember the brand name of this fabric? My roommate is going as Seras when we go to Sakuracon, and that would probably be the easiest way to make them.

Also, does anyone know the proper term for that armband she wears? I know I know the term, but I cannot for the life of me remember and it's driving me crazy.

The Hag
02-18-2008, 07:55 AM
There are several different brands. Just google "inkjet fabric". I've seen it at both Michael's and AC Moore. It's generally with the printable iron-on transfers for T-shirts.

My patches are also helluv fancy prof. Examples available on request. ^_^; /end shameless self-promoting plug

Meanlilkitty
02-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Just so you know, the print ones will fade pretty fast, so you may even have to touch it up with markers. My Blue Seras patches were made like this and now they look kinda crappy.

The Hag
02-19-2008, 05:10 AM
Really? That I did not know. Have you noticed if it makes any difference it you machine wash or dry clean? Or is it just the ravages of time?

Meanlilkitty
02-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Raveges of time and washing. I've only washed the jacket once and drycleaned it once and it's helluv faded. Hmm...maybe if you cover the printed patch with a waterproof sealer? Something like acrylic sealer or polyeurothane? It'll make it harder to sew and you'l have to do it by hand, but it could help.