PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite stuff at AOD?

Katsumiyo
02-18-2008, 12:44 AM
So AOD 08 has pretty much come to a close, and I gotta say it was a big improvement from last year. There were a lot more artists and much more in the dealer's room, and definitely felt more lively. There were a few lacking areas, but overall, it was well worth it.
So, AOD goers, what was your favorite:
event?
thing you bought?
thing you did?
cosplayer?
Masquerade skit or guest?
I liked the game show during the masquerade intermission, I loved taking our Taiwanese exchange student to Japantown and feeding my "son" Ed, and the "Searching for Sasuke" skit was really funny. I also have a fab new FMA print, it's nice and big. Now I just gotta find wall space...

xxxplizit
02-18-2008, 11:24 PM
For quite a small con, AOD 2008 was awesome. Though I've been to ojnly 2 AODs (2006 and this one), it never disappointed. :bigtu:

Dealer's room was fine as is. Wish I was able to buy that Pokeball plushie. Oops. XD

Game room, though small yet bigger than AOD 2006, had a good collection of games (including the retro feeling of old school games) and was organized. Kudos.

Masquerade was pretty fun. Though I didn't expect to participate, I decided to do so to support the con. :rockon:

Community and staff was very welcoming and top notch. This alone will make me want to go again.

More news later.

Lady Luck
02-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Hmmm. My favorite thing...I guess one of the the things i LOVE about AOD is the people that go. Seriously. This might be true for most cons (the only Con i've been to besides AOD was wondercon), but i just have so much fun interacting with people.
I really liked the swap meet. I got to make a little bit of money and buy a volume of NANA in japanese...not that i'll ever be able to read it but thats beside the point.

So yes. Over all. People. Swap meet. Vic Mignogna n___n

highroller
03-09-2008, 06:23 PM
I have to agree, the Masquerade was a bunch of fun. the people who congregate and I meet were really terrific.

I can't wait for next year.
:)

sexy costumes (http://www.dizguise.com/c-10056-sexy-costumes.aspx)

DayDreamerNessa
03-09-2008, 09:06 PM
I really liked the dealers room, i rarely buy merchandise, but there was some lovely things to purchase! I especially liked one table that had the artist miss kika, her stuff was so adorable ;_; i couldn't resist buying one of her tote bags lol!