PDA

View Full Version : So who will you be cosplaying as?

Schuldig_
02-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Me and the wife finally registred for Yaoi-Con '08! :bouncer:

Cosplay-wise we are planning on bringing our trusty Aya and Schuldig from Weiss Kreuz, and also our Hellsing costumes. (Rann wants to go as Integra as she is a dead ringer for her, but since it's Yaoi-Con, I think I might just get my butt in gear and make her a Walter, as well, as a surprise... *g*)

What will you guys be doing?

Leishu
02-18-2008, 02:41 PM
I've been planning what I intend to do for Auction this year, so far, but have not quite extended to the other nights of the convention. We'll see. :]

Yukari Kaiba
02-18-2008, 06:11 PM
whoa pre-reg has opened up? i gotta jump on that.
anyways, as far as cosplay goes, I'm planning on bringing Bankai!Renji (Bleach), Tres Iqus (Trinity Blood), and maybe either Matt (Death Note) or Ulquiorra (Bleach), depends on which one i want to bring more.

Schuldig_
02-18-2008, 06:29 PM
I just got a mail about it today, so we've registered and booked our rooms. I can't wait! :bouncer:

You guys staying at the hotel, too?

Hikaru-Jan
02-18-2008, 09:45 PM
I gotta register soon, too as well as booking a room. Depending on how things go, I'll be going as Bad Girl (No More Heroes), Adult Imari (Bible Black 2nd season), and crossplaying Travis Touchdown. =D

J_Chen
02-19-2008, 12:18 AM
I just pre-reg and reserved a room too! I am so happy yaoicon website is finally back and running.

Schuldig_
02-19-2008, 06:18 AM
You guys have seen that Youka Nitta will be there, right? *silyl little fangirl squee*

Hikaru-Jan, any chance of you bringing Seras for Yaoicon? (I know she's a girl, but hey... *g*) If nothing goes wrong, we'll be doing Hellsing as well. :love:

Michi
02-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Currently aiming on wearing Touga Kiryuu from Utena, especially if my Saionji decides to attend/cosplay that with me. :)

Hikaru-Jan
02-19-2008, 03:10 PM
You guys have seen that Youka Nitta will be there, right? *silyl little fangirl squee*

Hikaru-Jan, any chance of you bringing Seras for Yaoicon? (I know she's a girl, but hey... *g*) If nothing goes wrong, we'll be doing Hellsing as well. :love:

I'll be glad to bring Seras along if more Hellsing cosplayers decide to show up. =]

Schuldig_
02-19-2008, 03:44 PM
I'll be glad to bring Seras along if more Hellsing cosplayers decide to show up. =]

There will definitely be at least two! (Just please tell me you're not taaaaall. This wittle Alucard is not, you see. I'm hoping tons of attitude can help, but still. Please don't loom over me or anything. *g*) ;)

Hope to see you there, Police Girl. ;)

RedeadDie
02-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Me and my older sister want to head up there to Yaoi-con together this year from Texas, but this is a major maybe for us. (Considering we'll be attending another con in the same month.)

If we do manage to make it, this'll probably be what cosplays I can bring with me.

~Xemnas (KH2)
~Xehanort (KH2)
~Lolita Xemnas (KH2)
~Kimimaro (Naruto)
~Sasori (Naruto)

B'rose Foxxstar
02-20-2008, 06:26 AM
My gf and I will be Axel and Roxas for at least one of the days.. I'm planning others as said in my sig but dunno yet.

*makes note to get Weiss photos* <3

I'll have to pre-reg after my con in april and yes we're staying in the hotel, as far as I know.. she's sorting that out not me XD

Andromache
02-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Definite plans:

Nicholai (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) No, really, I will this time!
Kamisama (Saiyuki Reload)
Pyramidhead (Silent Hill)

I still have one slot open and am open to suggestions. :)

dracoXK
02-20-2008, 07:55 PM
lol yes B'Rose we are at the hotel that the con is in *booked it last night* I will be Axel for sure... not sure what or who else yet...

Well other then having my giant foam corn head X3

Schuldig_
02-21-2008, 12:49 PM
We really should try to have some cosom getogether... would be cool. Of course, this being my first YaoiCon, I don't know if it's something that's usually done, but I'm looking forward to finding out! :)

Hpm
02-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Definite plans:

Nicholai (Shadow Hearts: Covenant) No, really, I will this time!
Kamisama (Saiyuki Reload)
Pyramidhead (Silent Hill)

I still have one slot open and am open to suggestions. :)

this year, please hit harder... and not the belt :p

No idea right now on what I should wear for this con, we'll have to see what I can salvage up, not that it matter as it's going down anyway heh

junkeemunky
02-22-2008, 01:49 PM
For now, looks like I'll be doing Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi, Gray from Romancing Saga, and uh... probably something One Piece. XD

Andromache
02-23-2008, 06:07 PM
this year, please hit harder... and not the belt :p

No idea right now on what I should wear for this con, we'll have to see what I can salvage up, not that it matter as it's going down anyway heh

Pssh. I blame the apron. XP

Fluffymaru
03-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Well, my hotel room is booked, my pre-reg is in the mail, and I'm on cheap flight alert...looks like I'm going! This will be my first one since 2004.

I have a REALLY full costume schedule, since I haven't had a chance to cosplay in a year or two. So far, I've got...

Friday:
Yasuaki (Haruka)
Fai (Tsubasa- NO idea which version yet)
Cyon (Wild Fangs)

Saturday:
Lui (Meine Liebe)
Raphael (Angel Sanctuary)
Aya or Chloe (Weiß Side B)

Sunday:
Maki (Cafe Kichijoji De)

My back-ups (old costumes I'm taking just in case): Tomonori (Juvie Orion), Rufus (Advent Children), Teru (Death Note), and Soubi (Loveless- duh).

I'm so glad to see that there will be Weiß fans there-I'm hanging on to that fandom, tooth and nail.

Schuldig_
03-04-2008, 04:45 PM
You're doing three costumes a day?? Man! *whistle*

I'm so glad to see that there will be Weiß fans there-I'm hanging on to that fandom, tooth and nail.

Hehe, so am I. Schu was my first anime love, there's no way I'll give him up! I'll definítely bring him, I'm just not sure if it'll be anime version or artbook version yet. If I can convince the wife to go sleeveless, she'll bring Ran as well - she suspects that both the assassin outfit and the flowershop one will be a tad too warm. *g*

Akito PowWah
03-04-2008, 04:53 PM
This year for AX i'll be Roxas and Kanda :]

Fluffymaru
03-04-2008, 08:47 PM
You're doing three costumes a day?? Man! *whistle*

Heh, yeah, I'm kicking it old school, when we all used to bring 3 costumes a day to Otakon or AWA. It's been YEARS since I've done that, though...I might be too old for that shit nowdays. >.>

Hehe, so am I. Schu was my first anime love, there's no way I'll give him up! I'll definítely bring him, I'm just not sure if it'll be anime version or artbook version yet. If I can convince the wife to go sleeveless, she'll bring Ran as well - she suspects that both the assassin outfit and the flowershop one will be a tad too warm. *g*

Maybe inside the con- outside, it's pretty chilly in San Fran, so she'd be fine there :) I'll look forward to your stuff. Maybe we should do a "spread the Weiß love" panel...lol.

B'rose Foxxstar
03-05-2008, 07:22 AM
I love Weiss I will be stalking you guys XD
Fluffy all three for your Saturday will have me stalking you forever >3

And I'm hoping I can be Ritsuka (Loveless) for one of the days, not sure yet.

kalajessta
03-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Weiss cosplayers~! Sweet, I'll have to bring Omi along for sure. But other then Omi, I only have planned is Camus from Meine Liebe thus far. But that's also if I get to go this year. I'm sure I'll have more cosplays planned as the con gets closer.

Schuldig_
03-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Yay, more Weiss cosplayers!! :bouncer: We should try to get some pictures taken together... I've never met anyone else who does Weiss (the anime's not that well-known here; anime sort of first came to Sweden with the DB, One Piece and Naturo-wave, so hardly anyone knows of the older stuff... *sad sigh*).

Fluffymaru, thank you for dismissing the prejudice that is would be warm... I don't know the States climate-wise since I've never been anywhere but NYC. *g* Everyone keeps claiming it will be warm.

And yeah, perhaps we really should do a panel. Not that I think Weiss needs to be more known in the States, but heck, a panel on Weiss would be a hoot. I've never even heard of one. *g*

And dear me, we have a stalker? In that case, I should get my butt in gear and get the artbook version done - I need to look my best for the stalker! ;)

Fluffymaru
03-05-2008, 11:58 AM
I love Weiss I will be stalking you guys XD
Fluffy all three for your Saturday will have me stalking you forever >3

And I'm hoping I can be Ritsuka (Loveless) for one of the days, not sure yet.

Only at Yaoi-Con can someone tell you that they'll stalk you, and the person hearing it is happy about it :)

I hope you can be Ritsuka...I'm a big Loveless fan, so the stalkee can become the stalker. Heh.

Fluffymaru
03-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Fluffymaru, thank you for dismissing the prejudice that is would be warm... I don't know the States climate-wise since I've never been anywhere but NYC. *g* Everyone keeps claiming it will be warm.;)

Really? Well, I'm not native to that area (I live in Florida), so maybe you should ask some locals. In 2004, though, it was plenty cool (although perhaps not by Sweden standards- to me, 60F is cool and 40F is freezing). Of course, Y-Con 2004 was also Halloween weekend (Oct.31st), so I don't know how much of a difference San Fran has in a month...

And yeah, perhaps we really should do a panel. Not that I think Weiss needs to be more known in the States, but heck, a panel on Weiss would be a hoot. I've never even heard of one. *g*

Well, a bunch of us did one in 2004, but it was only given to our ringleader 3 days before the con, and she hadn't really planned it out (since she thought she didn't get the time slot), so it was kind of crappy. I've run a crapload of panels, so I'm always willing to do something, as long as it doesn't conflict an event I want to attend.

Panels are awlays better with a group of about 4 people heading them up- if the audience gets quiet, you can always bounce stories and info off each other in that case.

B'rose Foxxstar
03-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Only at Yaoi-Con can someone tell you that they'll stalk you, and the person hearing it is happy about it :)

LOL now that's a perfect quote for a sig! :bigtu:

dracoXK
03-05-2008, 08:01 PM
*snickers* Tath quote is sooo true... the number of people i have stalked and addpoted at Y-con :3

Weather Alert!!!! *is a native to the bay*

San Fran tends to have its Summer in September-October. So it will be pretty warm. also you need to look at San Mateo weather, it is more inland then SF so will be warmer. it was really HOT last year. but nights can get chilly when the fog comes in.

but yeah, expect it to be pretty hot. sun will be shining. though there might be a breeze out 98% of the con is indoors anyway

>.>
<.<
*stalks B'Rose* x3

Schuldig_
03-06-2008, 02:37 AM
Panels are awlays better with a group of about 4 people heading them up- if the audience gets quiet, you can always bounce stories and info off each other in that case.

Hum, don't give me any ideas. Four people? Anyone ever noticed that Weiss (and Schwarz!) consists of four people... people? *g*

And hey, I just might end up stalking Ritsuka, too (who wouldn't?). We'll have to see who runs faster! ;)

B'rose Foxxstar
03-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Ah this double stalkage for Ritsuka.. damn I'll have to try and cosplay him now. XD

As for the weather, we know it's always hot when Schuldig is around ^.~

*stalks dracoXK back*

Schuldig_
03-08-2008, 06:56 PM
As for the weather, we know it's always hot when Schuldig is around ^.~

*twirls*

RedeadDie
03-09-2008, 01:31 AM
Ok ok, cosplay list changes for me. Why? Because I do that at least four times before I attend the con. Though probably half of these cosplays won't happen. (Bad habit of mine.)

~Xemnas Final Form (KH2)
~Xehanort (KH2)---If I feel like it.
~Kimimaro (Naruto)
~Stan, the Shadow King (Okage)---If I can get my older sis to be Epros.
~Sasori (Naruto)---If my older sis still needs a Sasori for her Deidara cosplay. (This is a major if.)
~Random Bleach Person---If my sis agrees to the Okage cosplay then I have to do a Bleach cosplay with her. (Though I really do dislike Bleach.)
~Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)---If my sis wants us to do our Luffy and Sanji duet thingy.

We're also considering doing Weiss Kreuz; considering my sister keeps remaking her Omi cosplay and never gets a chance to wear it at cons that pass us by. As for me, I don't know who the hell I could possibly cosplay from Weiss Kreuz.

B'rose Foxxstar
03-09-2008, 05:27 AM
yay for more KH2 cosplayers ^^

I'd love to cosplay Weiss but the only one I could ever pull off is Aya-chan and I'm so not doing that XD

Schuldig_
03-09-2008, 08:31 AM
We're also considering doing Weiss Kreuz; considering my sister keeps remaking her Omi cosplay and never gets a chance to wear it at cons that pass us by. As for me, I don't know who the hell I could possibly cosplay from Weiss Kreuz.

You definitely have the face for Ran, if you ask me. ;)

B'rose, what's wrong with Aya-chan? She's pretty! ;)

RedeadDie
03-09-2008, 06:26 PM
yay for more KH2 cosplayers ^^
Well I'm mainly a Kingdom Hearts cosplayer before anything else. Xemnas has always been my number one main cosplay.

You definitely have the face for Ran, if you ask me. ;)
Kk, thanks, I'll consider that cosplay.

B'rose Foxxstar
03-12-2008, 09:32 PM
I dunno.. something about cosplaying a female chara at yaoicon seems wrong to me XD

Aurxlen
03-12-2008, 10:55 PM
I'll be going as Matt from Death Note and my friend is going as Mello. =)

Schuldig_
03-13-2008, 04:01 AM
No way - all bishies have their fangirls. ;)

I dunno.. something about cosplaying a female chara at yaoicon seems wrong to me XD

B'rose Foxxstar
03-14-2008, 06:54 AM
mmmmmm Death Note <3

I dunno who my third will be, I'll have to think more about it. Still got time at least.

lotus seed
03-17-2008, 03:29 AM
My friend and I are planning to be Kurogane and Fai from Tsubasa - the Nihon arc. ^_^

Anti Ai-chan
03-17-2008, 05:51 AM
I'll have my Ritsuka cosplay done by then and hopefully I can get Akito of Air Gear done by then. If not I'll bring Bridget of Guilty Gear...though I might bring him anyway.

I now have this thing with shota boys that I can't stop... @___@

B'rose Foxxstar
03-22-2008, 03:43 AM
well it's decided, my 3rd cosplay will be Renji from Bleach <3

Leishu
03-22-2008, 11:01 AM

That should be awesome! I adore seeing good Renji cosplay. (Pineapple head!). :D

I'm really having trouble with my Yaoi-con cosplay inspiration this year. I make it a point to never noticeably shorten my hair but it's getting to a length where it's very hard for me to find characters to cosplay (because I really don't do wigs. ^^;)

Yukari Kaiba
03-22-2008, 02:32 PM

hey im doing Renji too! XD im bringing the bankai version and possibly the secret variant im hoping to do for AX, so we should get pictures XD

B'rose Foxxstar
03-22-2008, 04:51 PM
oooh bankai XD I'm thinking of just shikai, but I dunno yet.. *shrugs*
my gf will be Ichigo XD

Yukari Kaiba
03-23-2008, 12:14 AM
oo cool! i was thinking of doing just shikai again, but since i'd already have bankai done by the time yaoi con comes around i figured why not bring it XD

B'rose Foxxstar
03-23-2008, 02:40 AM
man looking at your photos of Renji make me nervous to cosplay him, you're good! XD

Yukari Kaiba
03-24-2008, 08:54 PM
XD i just put a lot of effort into that cosplay cause Renji is my favorite character in all of Bleach <3 lol. i can do the eyebrows quite efficiently now, i dont even need a ref picture anymore XD

B'rose Foxxstar
03-24-2008, 09:40 PM
lol that scares me when I look at it XD I might have to stalk you before hand to help me with them!

Yukari Kaiba
03-25-2008, 03:18 AM
lol XD not a problem, ill make sure to keep the eyeliner on me (always do in case i need touchups XD)

B'rose Foxxstar
04-02-2008, 12:22 AM
XD change of plans~
Instead of being Renji I'm gonna Hanataro <3

Leishu
04-02-2008, 01:28 AM
XD change of plans~
Instead of being Renji I'm gonna Hanataro <3

Ah.. all of the Hana pairings just make me giggle endlessly. I think my favorite for him is probably Renji. :3

B'rose Foxxstar
04-02-2008, 02:49 AM
Poor Hana.. he'll have ppl putting him with Renji and Ichigo >3

Yukari Kaiba
04-02-2008, 09:34 PM
whoa, RenjixHana? never heard of that one. i myself am more a RenjixShuuhei (yeah 69 pairing XD) and RenjixByakuya (taichou/lieutenant love! :D) lol.

B'rose Foxxstar
04-04-2008, 04:23 AM
heheh we need to find a byakuya for you XD

Mirai Noah
04-04-2008, 10:46 AM
It's been decided that I shall cosplay as Tieria Erde from Gundam 00. I'm excited.

junkeemunky
04-07-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm sad that I'll have to postpone Fushigi Yuugi cosplay until the following Ycon, but lack of funds prevents me from affording to do Nuriko great justice.

Still currently planned: Fairy Tail, Samurai Champloo, Romancing Saga, and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. :D

RedeadDie
04-08-2008, 02:34 AM
Another possible cosplay to add to my list if I get it done by this fall.

Endrance from .hack//G.U.

Northern
04-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Wow, alot of Weib this year! That makes me very happy ^.^

Since I retired my Youji this past year...and I dont think the new costume will be ready in time (if it is soooooooooo bringing Youji along) Ill be doing Aya from WeibKreuz, Muraki from Decendants of Darkness and Soubi from Loveless ^.^ Probably a few others will be brought along for fun ^.^

ZipperRabbit
04-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I'll be going as Yuki from Gravitation for my Shuichi, and PushyUke!Naruto for my Sasuke. Uke and Seme in less than 48 hours....

Schuldig_
04-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Northern, I hope I don't sound too snooty, but calling it "Weib" is a baaaad idea... the little b-looking thing actually represents a double s - Weiss. I'm only pointing it out because "Weib" is a German equivalent of b***h and it's easy to put your foot in your mouth unless ones knows stuff like that. *g* But yay! for more WK cosplayers - and Soubi! Yum! And we'll have a Yuki, too! I'm afraid Alucard will have to lose out on image points as he goes a-huggling...! :)

The_Bunkey
04-09-2008, 02:24 PM
OMG, this is gonna be EPIC. It'll be my first time at Yaoi-Con, and I'm SUPER excited. My group had some yaoi-centric adventures *cough*GojyoxHakkai*cough* at Sakura Con this year and we wanted to spread the lurve. LOL!

I'll be:
Son Goku from Saiyuki Reload
Farfarello from Weiß Kreuz
and I might just bring Hisoka from Yami no Matsuei if there's alot of those peeps floating about. If not I'll just transform into Seiten Taisei for a day with Youkai!Hakkai. LOL!

My friends are also gonna be there... MikaCyrusWeiss is my Hakkai and will be Trowa as well. The~Wind will be Crawford from Weiß Kreuz for a day! PikaPikaQueen will be Sanzo for a day. And Hopefully we can talk Heat into being Gojyo...he's a little iffy about the whole Yaoi thing. LOL!

I don't know everyone's costumes...LOL! I should tell them to post on here too!! LOL!

B'rose Foxxstar
04-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Death Note, Mein Liebe, Kingdom Hearts, Weiss, Bleach, Loveless and Saiyuki ... I'm a happy fangirl already

*coughs* this'll be my first American convention ever.. so it better be EPIC! XD

Yukari Kaiba
04-09-2008, 10:18 PM
really? you picked a great con for your first ever American convention experience :D Yaoi Con is a ton of fun, you'll definitely enjoy it ^^

junkeemunky
04-09-2008, 11:42 PM
This was my first American con too! I flew from overseas two times before I finally moved to the US. Now all I have to do is drive a few hours, which is much easier. X3

The atmosphere is really cool, and many con-goers are really nice to everyone. I think it's cos we're all there for the same genre, yanno? I'm sure you'll have fun.

Schuldig_
04-10-2008, 03:20 AM
I'm feeling quite squealy, too... so many yummy cosplayers! :bouncer:

RedeadDie
04-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Ah, I had to narrow down my cosplay list. Mainly because my older sister (who's one of my trio cosplay partners) if going off to a University this fall, so she won't be working and can't pay to come to Cali. So, it'll most likely be me by my lonesome.

~Xemnas Final Form (KH2)
~Xehanort (KH2)---If I feel like it.
~Kimimaro (Naruto)
~Endrance (.hack//G.U.)---If I finish it on time.

Yeah it's totally narrowed down from my last list, which I guess it's good because I didn't want to be swamped with that much cosplays anyways. Sorry, but no Weiss again for me this year. (Second year we had to put a stop to a Weiss cosplay duet we were planning.)

-Kitsu
04-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Northern, I hope I don't sound too snooty, but calling it "Weib" is a baaaad idea... the little b-looking thing actually represents a double s - Weiss. I'm only pointing it out because "Weib" is a German equivalent of b***h and it's easy to put your foot in your mouth unless ones knows stuff like that. *g*

Considering this is more of a fandom thing and the series is known as either version just as much as the other there isn't much of a point to changing the spelling for something that, last my understanding of German (near fluent- my accent is too PA Dutch to consider myself fluent) says, is a mild curse. Really it is a matter of splitting hairs, though I'm not at all surprised you are.

Michi
04-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Please let's not start an argument over something that wasn't even directed at anyone else in the first place. I'd really like this to not turn into anything else but a cosplay plan sharing thread.

Vasyenka
04-13-2008, 02:13 AM
So far I only have Tsubasa cosplays on my plate. I'll be dragging my Fai cosplay along, but I'll also be making an original design Syaoran (myself) and original design Fai (my boyfriend). I haven't started on either, and probably won't until this summer... by then I'll have a more solidified list.

May cosplay as Genesis from Crisis Core, however. <3

Heimdall
04-13-2008, 04:29 AM
My plans right now for yaoi-con

-Sora (KH2 with my friend who is doing Riku KH2)
-Either Zack Fair FFVII or Kurogane from Tsubasa (My friend wants me to do either one of those since she's doing Cloud and Fai)
-Allen Walker (D.gray-man - Second uniform...I'm going to be boiling in pleather @_@)

I'm so excited about yaoi-con! I've never been to it before...

B'rose Foxxstar
04-13-2008, 09:56 AM
yay for more KH2, I'll have a Sora to stalk ^^;

Heimdall
04-13-2008, 02:49 PM
I love to be stalked...er...but not in a creepy way XDDD

Schuldig_
04-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Aww, we'd never dream of being scary... right? Right? *looks around*

Northern
04-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I only realized afterwards that my germanic type setting was not installed on my new laptop...I still have to do some work on it...and I didnt mean to offend with the little 'b' you can rest assured that everytime I write it, it is with the proper phonetic *nods* o.O

Anyways, Im totally psyched about y-con 2008...it will be my first time cosplaying Aya. I was asked to do it for the skit competition, but Im so used to cosplaying Youji...hope I can get the new coat done before the con.

-Kitsu
04-14-2008, 12:44 AM
Please let's not start an argument over something that wasn't even directed at anyone else in the first place. I'd really like this to not turn into anything else but a cosplay plan sharing thread.

Sorry about that one Michi, just wanted to point out that its not really as much a pie in the face than it was made out to be. Especially considering at Castle Point Anime Con I saw a couple series where in the jap title Weiss is spelled in that manner.

Ok so to actually add to the topic, my big costume this year is going to be Dark Armored Riku from Kingdom Hearts. Right now I'm probably working myself into a boil over how I'm going to do and just want to get started. But yea not a ton of money and lots of crap to do means I need to be careful in planning it.

B'rose Foxxstar
04-14-2008, 03:09 AM
Of course not, Schu-chan *snickers*

dracoXK
04-14-2008, 03:11 AM
................ *will stalk B'rose in the bad way though* >D

Northern
04-14-2008, 08:03 AM
Oh my goodness rose, you have totally picked the right convention for your first american one! All my friends here in Toronto told me I was crazy to go all the way to SanFran for an anime convention...that was untill they saw the pictures and heard about all the fun yaoi-fied mischief we got into while down there!

I cant wait for the convention this year, Im soooooooo excited, and omg so many weiss cosplayers! I may be cosplaying Aya, but ever single last one of you are going to get glomped!

Schuldig_
04-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Mental note to self: don't wear the high heels (I'll tip)!

Pleeeeeaaaaase come as Aya! It would be so cool (I have a thing for redheads... *cough*) :bouncer:

wpuzzle
04-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Yaaay Weiss cosplayers! I won't be cosplaying Weiss, but I've never seen them done in person before (possibly also because this year will be my very first Y-con), so I'm excited to see you guys.

My group's plan isn't completely set yet, but we may be planning to do:
- Young!Walter, Girlycard(Alucard) and Integra (Hellsing)
- Kurogane and Fai (Tsubasa Chronicle)
- Muraki, Tsuzuki and Hisoka (YamiEi)

B'rose Foxxstar
04-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Aya glomping people.. that image amuses me so much. *grin* Especially if he glomped Schu!

I've always wanted to go to Yaoi-con since I first learnt about it back in 2003 ^^; so I'm really looking forward to it.

Northern
04-14-2008, 08:43 PM
oh Schu is going to get pounced alright, lol...Aya will do the best glomping ever!

Schuldig_
04-15-2008, 04:50 AM
*Schu is scaaaaared...*

Northern
04-15-2008, 02:42 PM
*Schu is scaaaaared...*

lol dont be too scared Schu, once its out of my system, Aya will be as composed and...Aya-like as always *nods* Though my Youji muse is trying to beat me senseless >.<

Schuldig_
04-15-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm not so sure that composed and normal Aya is less scary than a glomp-y one, though...! *g*

Seriously, though, if we're that many Weiss cosplayers (okay, but more than I've ever seen, as I've only ever seen me and the wife), we should perhaps try for a photoshoot of some kind? That could be fun...!

The~Wind
04-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Hello everyone! This will be my first Yaoi-Con and I will be attending as Brad Crawford from Weiβ Kreuz Kapitel and Verbrechen-Strafe, Trowa Barton and Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing, and Gaignun Kukai from Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Bose.

B'rose Foxxstar
04-17-2008, 01:55 AM
More Weiss! Or should I say Schwarz! <3

Schuldig_
04-17-2008, 03:07 AM
Schwarz rules! :bouncer:

And Trowa?? Schu might just be forced to put image aside and do some glomping of his own (given, of course, that I'm wearing Schu that day. God forbid I'll be Alucard - he'll never forgive me! *g*)

B'rose Foxxstar
04-17-2008, 06:41 AM
I'm damn tempted to try for Nagi.. my Ritsuka wig would kinda work... but I don't know if I will.. I don't think I can pull off his look XD

Schuldig_
04-17-2008, 07:13 AM
Well, he does look rather chibi half the time, and semi-evil the rest... Perhaps not the easiest unless you're good at moodswings. *g*

Naw, come on! If I can attempt a 190 cms, skinny, dark-haired pale bugger, you can do anything you want. ;)

The~Wind
04-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Schwarz rules! :bouncer:

And Trowa?? Schu might just be forced to put image aside and do some glomping of his own (given, of course, that I'm wearing Schu that day. God forbid I'll be Alucard - he'll never forgive me! *g*)

Yez... Schwarz rules. ^_^

To glomp me as Trowa, you'll have to get past my girlfriend who's going to be Quatre.

kulvren
04-17-2008, 07:27 PM
I am going as Kia Welbehenna from Zettai Fukuju Merei and my friend is going as Louise!

Comechatcha
04-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Yez... Schwarz rules. ^_^

To glomp me as Trowa, you'll have to get past my girlfriend who's going to be Quatre.

Ooh, I might just have to let them to get that picture... sorry love, but you may be sacrificed (temporarily) to appease the cosplay photo gods. Provided that Schu remembers that angering psychic teenages is a bad idea. :angel2:

My cosplays for YaoiCOn will be Quatre Winner (as mentioned) and Duo Maxwell.

The~Wind
04-17-2008, 11:43 PM
Ooh, I might just have to let them to get that picture... sorry love, but you may be sacrificed (temporarily) to appease the cosplay photo gods. Provided that Schu remembers that angering psychic teenages is a bad idea. :angel2:

My cosplays for YaoiCOn will be Quatre Winner (as mentioned) and Duo Maxwell.

Brat. You brat.

But... I'm debating which Crawford outfit I should wear.

Schuldig_
04-18-2008, 05:21 AM
Brat. You brat.

Darling. She's a darling. :toothy:

The~Wind
04-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Darling. She's a darling. :toothy:

That too... But she's my girlfriend. Nya~

I just hope that I can find a cream colored suit before YCon... If not, it's Verbrechen-Strafe Crawford all the way for me. ><; *kicks the wig she bought for Crawford*Damn it, you're too small... *grumbles*Half tempted to cut and then temporarily dye my hair.

Schuldig_
04-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Rest assured, I have a wife. And what's worse, I'll be bringing her, so I have no choice but to behave. *g* I'll stay put. Just a teeny, tiny bit of glomping. *whistles*

As for Schu, he's rather psychic (or is that psycho?) himself, so I'm not too worried about him... ;)

Comechatcha
04-19-2008, 01:25 PM
That too... But she's my girlfriend. Nya~

Ah, I feel loved.

RedeadDie
04-22-2008, 02:19 AM
Yay! I spotted a few more people say they're going to do Kingdom Hearts cosplay. I'm hoping to see a lot more Organization XIII and Akatsuki cosplayers, 'cause my sis and I are starting up the tradition of the Akatsuki V.S. Organization XIII kinda photoshoot thing. (I'm already hosting something like that at a few other cons.)

This is what happens when you have a Xemnas cosplayer living with a Deidara cosplayer.

Pi-chi
04-22-2008, 12:43 PM
As of right now, I'll be part of a Weiß group (and I'm thrilled to see so many cosplayers for that series already!) I'll be going as Omi, along with an Aya, an Aya-chan and possibly a Nagi.

Schuldig_
04-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Yay, Nagi!! Not that I'm not happy to see the other guys; I'm always happy to see WK cosplayers, but it's so rare one sees Nagi. And Aya-chan, too.

Aaaaaand.... one can never get too many Omis. :bouncer:

The~Wind
04-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Yay, Nagi!! Not that I'm not happy to see the other guys; I'm always happy to see WK cosplayers, but it's so rare one sees Nagi. And Aya-chan, too.

Aaaaaand.... one can never get too many Omis. :bouncer:

I have a Nagi cosplayer. ^_^ She's the right height for him too, but isn't going to Yaoi-Con. T_T

One costume I will bring to Yaoi-Con in the future... Crashers!Ran and then Gluehen!Aya. I am so gonna die when it comes to the Crashers outfit.

Schuldig_
04-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Oh, I'd love to see more cosplays from both Crashers and Glühen. Problem is, there's no Schu in Crashers and I'm far too "old" as Schu to cosplay someone else, so I'll leave that to everyone else. Nutty, I know. *g*

The_Bunkey
04-24-2008, 08:30 PM
XD I'm excited that there's gonna be soo many Weiß cosplayers at Yaoi... I hope theres some Saiyuki peeps representing as well. XD OOOH! I thought I might share a bit of my Farfie progress with ya'll. XD

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1486245/

It's just his wig and makeup. I've still gotta do the blazer, eyepatch, collar and a few other bits. ~.~ The earrings hurt my poor ears, cuz they're not really earings, but some loops of wire that I just slide on 'em. Better than nothin!

Schuldig_
04-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Ouch! Can you really do that to ears? They look great, though, but if they're painful... Can't you get some clip-ons (I assume you don't have ear piercings since you slide them on) instead? It'll probably look as good but be less painful. I cringe at the thought of having painful ears all day. :lost:

You look great so far, though! I can't wait to see the rest, and I'm generally excited to see a Farf cosplayer as you don't see him done that often.

Speaking of, does anyone know anything about photo shoots or the like, or is it too early yet?

Yukari Kaiba
04-27-2008, 08:15 PM
i think it might be a bit early. you might want to check the yaoi con forums though, people might have started gathering threads over there already.

The_Bunkey
04-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Can't you get some clip-ons (I assume you don't have ear piercings since you slide them on) instead?

They don't sell clip ons anywhere around Seattle anymore...and I don't have a ton of money at the moment for the costume. I'd need 8 of the little buggers!!! @.@ They don't hurt after a while tho. So as long as I put them on first, I won't even notice they're there after a while!! I was just testing them. The make-up is muy fun tho. XD Liquid Collodion is scarrific. XD

I'm super happy to be Farfie, although, some of my friends are disturbed by this for some reason... I can't imagine why...:toothy:

Schuldig_
04-28-2008, 07:32 AM
i think it might be a bit early. you might want to check the yaoi con forums though, people might have started gathering threads over there already.

I knew the lack of sleep would get to me sooner or later. I kept staring at your post, thinking to myself, "but... this is the YaoiCon forum!"

*headdesk*

Mika-chan, I dont' see why that would disturb anyone... Farf isn't evil, he's just misunderstood. Right? Right?? *cough*

The~Wind
04-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Well... I have a new costume to add to the last.

Kurogane from Tsubasa. I will be in his regular outfit and it's for my friend's 21st birthday.

Northern
04-29-2008, 10:10 AM
So, I think we should do a photoshoot sometime on Friday or saturday morning.

So I officially have too many costumes to bring, Im going to have to pick and choose which ones to bring along. Aya for sure, because I promised my friend I would go in the masq with her, Taki as well because its another promised costume, but I just found out that my new Youji will actually be complete on time and I sooooooo want to bring him!.....but may, in that california heat, it may be wayyyyyyyy to much leather, I could die! lol

The~Wind
04-29-2008, 10:16 AM
Okay~ I vote for Weiss Kreuz to be on Friday of the con! Why? I already got my schedule worked out..

Friday - Brad Crawford, Zechs Marquise
Saturday - Heero Yuy, Trowa Barton
Sunday - Kurogane

Ravistell
04-29-2008, 02:20 PM
omg, yaoi everywhere
but like no GUYS cosplaying GUYS
get more guys!

Schuldig_
05-05-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm open for a Weiss Friday! (Mmmm, like the sound of that...)

Northern, there can never be too much leather. ;) Okay, perhaps in SanFran... but I hear the hotel is quite well air-conditioned, at least.

Ravistell, you're absolutely right. Bring in the men!

cherryteagirl5
05-18-2008, 02:48 AM
I gotta register soon, too as well as booking a room. Depending on how things go, I'll be going as Bad Girl (No More Heroes), Adult Imari (Bible Black 2nd season), and crossplaying Travis Touchdown. =D

I'll be cosplaying from No More Heroes too... if i'm brave enough to be one of the magical girls...but yaoi-con is 18+ so i should be okay...

B'rose Foxxstar
05-19-2008, 02:49 AM
so tempted to mess around with my cosplays a little.. buuuut *shrugs* we'll see.. still saving up to come over to america XD

autumnsnow55
06-13-2008, 03:17 AM
i'm going to go as

Murah from Bride of the Water God
Trucy Wright and the Amazing Mr. Hat from Apollo Justice
Princess Azula from Avatar
Princess Kaguya from Code Geass R2
Franziska von Karma from Phoenix Wright
Kallen Stadtfeld from Code Geass
Probably Lelouch Lamparouge from Code Geass DVD cover(because it's y-con)
Road Kamelot from D. Gray-Man

i don't know when or what day i'm going to wear them though T.T

akiahara
06-16-2008, 06:30 AM
^^
holy crap...

that's a lot for a single con. haha.

i'm excited to see the cosplayers at yaoi con... i couldn't go last year, but i was able to watch it all online. such fun, such fun!

my planned cosplay won't be even close to ready, so i'll just be snapping pictures of everyone else. :(

Shuuhei Hisagi
06-16-2008, 06:54 AM
if i make it and this is a massive spoiler but i will be the assassin leader from bleach episode 169+

akiahara
06-16-2008, 07:00 AM
the brand new filler guy? i'm not so sure that one would be terribly recognizable... unless you're not concerned with that in the first place. :)

autumnsnow55
06-18-2008, 02:33 AM
^^
holy crap...

that's a lot for a single con. haha.

i'm excited to see the cosplayers at yaoi con... i couldn't go last year, but i was able to watch it all online. such fun, such fun!

my planned cosplay won't be even close to ready, so i'll just be snapping pictures of everyone else. :(

hahaha it is isn't it? lolz but i'll probably end up wearing only 4 or them or something, and the rest for taking like a photoshoot or something *shrugs* my other friend brought like 13 to one con and wore them all! :eek:

oooooOOooh how do you watch it online?

and awwwwww what were you planing on doing? y-con's still a ways away, maybe you can get it done?

Fluffymaru
06-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Good news, guys!

My Weiß Kreuz panel got approved! Yay!

The title is "Weiß Kreuz- Fandom, Canon, and
Trends". We'll discuss cliches in the fandom, play some games, give away some stuff...a good mix of serious fandom business and silly! We've already got some BNFs sitting on it, so it's sure to be interesting...

If it looks like we'll all be wearing our costumes on Friday, I'll go ahead and request that the panel be on that day, and maybe we'll get lucky.

Also, if anyone has topics they'd like to see discussed, drop them in here or e-mail me at fluffymaru@bellsouth.net. Please try and keep it to the general fandom, though (fic cliches, pairings, canon event, etc.)- we're going to avoid the voice actors and things like cosplay, just so we can stay on target. :)

Schuldig_
06-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Yay! :bouncer: You can count me in! (Okay, so I'm supposed to be on a computer-faste, but I couldn't help but jump in when I saw this...) With WK being as unknown as it is in Scandinavia, this is like a fangirls dream come true!

But gah, now I need to get going with the costume...! *frets*

B'rose Foxxstar
06-21-2008, 02:14 AM
Yay for WK panel *dances* aw man now I wish I was cosplaying something from that series... ah well <3

Schuldig_
06-23-2008, 10:52 AM
It's not too late yet! :devil:

Ashadeus
06-29-2008, 05:53 PM
If I do make it to Yaoi Con this year (and I'm pretty sure I can), you can count on various incarnations of Ran Fujimiya spread throughout the weekend. Seems the Weiss nerds only pop out during this con, dunno why-- but I plan to make the most of it.

My Schuldig won't be able to make it, studying abroad in Italy and all, but she'll be there in spirit. And mind. So to speak >>.

Super excited about the Weiss Kreuz panel, I'll definitely show up for that.

pikangie
07-06-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm going with a friend as Belphegor. He is going to be Hibari Kyouya.

Both characters are from Katekyou Hitman Reborn!

I've yet to find out if anyone else attending Yaoi-con would be dressing up as anyone from the series... T_T:waaaah:

Cosplay Cyborg
07-07-2008, 03:39 AM
Hey guys~ I'm gonna be there with my boyfriend and our considered cosplays for the weekend (so far) will be:

Girl-type Ranma (me)
Tatewaki Kuno (teh BF)

Hanatarou (me)
Ganju (teh BF)

The reasoning behind this is because we were sitting in the expedition hall at Anime Expo on Saturday thinking of Yaoi crack pairings. My friend overheard and told us that the Ranma x Kuno would be funny, so we decided to run with it. As for Hanatarou x Ganju... I've always wanted to cosplay Hana-chan, so we tried to think of someone suitable yet random for him. ^^

yoshikochan
07-08-2008, 10:10 PM
:D I'm planning on Yukimura (final version!! dun dun dun - which means shorts instead of pants ^^;), one half of Shitenouji's comedy duo ^^, and so long as I complete the costumes, Shun from Saint Seiya and Masumi from Nodame Cantible. =^.^= I'll see all of you there!

PrincessLulu
07-09-2008, 01:19 AM

I've yet to find out if anyone else attending Yaoi-con would be dressing up as anyone from the series... T_T:waaaah:

Hopefully i will have my Gokudera cosplay finished by then! (the storm battle outfit) and my cosplay group will hopefully be able to put together a Reborn group so we can all mesh together :D

Bredward
07-10-2008, 12:59 AM
I'll be going as Dietrich von Lohengrin from Trinity Blood, Yukito Tsukishiro from Tsubasa, and Mello from Death Note [but my Matt can't make it, which iz sad plz]. :]

Azu-Chan
07-10-2008, 08:24 PM
I'll be going as

High priest IRO
Mui Bride of the water god
Miku vocaloid
Setsuna + Kyoshiro (for a friend)
C.c black dress
AL demonbane
might add more later

Yami/Kaiba
07-11-2008, 02:12 AM
So if I do go to Yaoi con with my sister I will be Demyx from Organization XIII and my sister will be Axel.

I have a few questions though. This would be my first yaoi con I've been to and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to hang out with us there and show us the ropes?

My sister and I have not gotten a hotel room yet and have not signed up for registration since we're iffy about the whole thing.

We just came back from Anime Expo 08 in Los Angeles and we split the costs of the hotel with our roommates so if anyone knows any good places to stay there please let us know.

Yukari Kaiba
07-11-2008, 03:41 AM
@Yami/Kaiba - well the con block at the hotel just sold out, so you're going to have to find a nearby hotel to stay at (the con site lists some options). theres always the option of looking on the forums to see if anyone is looking for roomies though ^^.
as for registration, i highly recommend registering now (you don't want to pay 60 bucks at the door ><).

SAKU+朔
07-11-2008, 01:23 PM

I'm planning on Spanner...! (And Bel too. Maybe.)

Never been to this con before.... how many costumes do people recommend to bring?

Yukari Kaiba
07-13-2008, 03:49 AM
well, its a 3 day con - i suppose on how many you bring depends on how many costume changes you want to do?

Chas
07-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Never been to this con before.... how many costumes do people recommend to bring?

The hotel has some cool places for photo opportunities. Our group usually brings between 5 - 7 costumes. :3

thisiscyrene
07-15-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm planning on Spanner...! (And Bel too. Maybe.)

Yayy, KHR cosplayers!
I'm gonna go as school-girl uniform Gokudera. And maybe Katsura in his space captain cosplay from Gintama.
I can't wait to see your Spanner, lol.

NetBelleAnie
07-17-2008, 06:14 PM
Demyx for sure.
I'm gonna try to make Jiraiya also, and probably some characters from unknown mangas, like Ageha of Psyren and maybe someone from Double Arts

If anyone is doing any planned photoshoots and wants me to come, lemme know via PM, I'd be happy to try and participate :D

Yami/Kaiba
07-17-2008, 07:39 PM
NetBelleAnie, please post pictures of yourself as Demyx and with Axel if you can find one. I'm not sure if I'm going yet, but probaly not. If I was going I was going to be Demyx and my sister was going to be Axel, but I don't think that's going to happen. *sighs*

HimitsuNoRakuen
07-24-2008, 02:44 AM
My best friend (I call her neechan XD) and I will be Light and L from Death Note! We've had a blast finding our costume pieces and I had fun finding odds and ends to make the long handcuffs with! It should be fun!

Jabi
07-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Epic Con for me. I haven't been able to go to a convention since ALA 2008.

My boyfriend and I are doing a list of things together.

Gravitation: Shuichi (School Girl) and Yuki
Eyeshield 21: Sena and Hiruma (Football uniforms)
Persona 3: Minato and Junpei (Winter Uniforms)
Sukisho!: Sunao and Sora
Reborn!: Tsuna and Belphegor
Utena: Mamiya and Mikage

Schuldig_
07-25-2008, 11:31 AM
If I do make it to Yaoi Con this year (and I'm pretty sure I can), you can count on various incarnations of Ran Fujimiya spread throughout the weekend. Seems the Weiss nerds only pop out during this con, dunno why-- but I plan to make the most of it.

Yay! You make such a yummy Ran.

My Schuldig won't be able to make it, studying abroad in Italy and all, but she'll be there in spirit. And mind. So to speak >>.

Well, perhaps the wife will let you borrow hers (=me) if you need one. I promise to be on my best Schu behaviour (which, admittedly, isn't very good, but still). :angel2:

B'rose Foxxstar
08-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Best Schu behaviour *snickers* that's a term all in it's own.

ok so I've decided who I'll be on what days
Fri: Hanatarou - Bleach
Sat: Roxas - KH2
Sun: Ritsuka - Loveless

also bringing my deep dive Riku just incase >.>
I don't think my Minato or Orochimaru cosplays will be finished in time though *sigh* so I'll have to leave them behind

Schuldig_
08-02-2008, 05:10 AM
Best Schu behaviour *snickers* that's a term all in it's own.

I resent that! I think... ;)

Hehe, you're going as Ritsuka? Consider yourself glomped. :toothy:

B'rose Foxxstar
08-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Hehe, you're going as Ritsuka? Consider yourself glomped. :toothy:

I look forward to it... uh I mean.. oh no I better be careful :razz:

Chas
08-02-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm really excited for Ycon this year - it's gonna be so awesome! I'll be wearing.

Graham Aker [Gundam 00] w/ Billy Katagiri
Superbi Squalo [KHR!] w/ Bel
Hiroki Kamijou [Junjou Romantica] w/ full cast
Shouichi Irie [KHR!] w/ Millefiore group
Omi Tsukiyono [WK] w/ full cast Weiss & Schwarz
Poland [Axis Powers Hetalia] w/ group

Mirai Noah
08-03-2008, 12:28 PM
Graham Aker [Gundam 00] w/ Billy Katagiri

Ooo, Graham and Billy! Looking forward to see you guys! :D

keosu
08-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm hoping to have my Marluxia and Roxas cosplays done by then. I've also agreed to cosplay Soubi with a friend of mine. Can't wait to see everyone! I wasn't able to make it last year because of some medical issues, but prospects are looking much better this year! <3~

Dreadmatic
08-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Bloodied Tousen that I debuted at this past AX and a insane variant a few friends inspired me to do.

Iori E
08-04-2008, 04:19 AM
I can get away with some costumes at Yaoi-con that I would feel uncomfortable with at other cons. So I'll be wearing Erica Hartmann from Strike Witches and Amulet Heart from Shugo Chara. I'll also go as Dr. Ferdinand from Steel Ball Run, because Yaoi-con has got to have some Steel Ball Run. ^o^

B'rose Foxxstar
08-04-2008, 07:10 AM
Not much longer to go now *happy dance*

Sima Seph17
08-05-2008, 10:03 AM
If time allows, I'll be cosplaying Sima Yi from DW6. I'd really like to go too.

B'rose Foxxstar
08-15-2008, 06:36 AM
I wouldn't know but I'd say samurai and kazakage gaara would be perfectly fine, if you can't find someone to help you with his kanji you could always go with the fan-version of just drawing a heart XD

Schuldig_
08-17-2008, 09:53 AM
For those of you doing Weiss; they are trying to schedule gatherings over at the YaoiCon forums. Didn't we say something about trying for a gathering on the Friday (if the panel's still that day)?

arora_kayd
08-17-2008, 08:23 PM
~Lolita Xemnas (KH2)

Must. See. This. Costume.

The_Bunkey
08-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Yes, Friday would be of the good for a Weiß gathering/panel/cosplay thing whatever. XD

And Yay! I finally got some good pictures of my completed Farfie Costume. Sorry for the boobage, it's extremely difficult to hide well...T^T

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1680315/
That's my group, I'm sad I won't have any of them at Yaoi...*pouts* Crawford can't go anymore...T^T

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1680314/
All these pictures lie, I'm short, like WWWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYY short, just hold on, I'll post the short...XD

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1680313/

And here's the shortness...
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1522756/

So yeah, can't really see all the details cuz it was a really bright day. But there's mah costume...just have to take the jacket in a little on the sides, it was a last minute construct. XD

Schuldig_
08-22-2008, 03:18 AM
Who says one can't be badass Schwarz and be short? *looks at self* ;) I'm so looking forwards to seeing this live!

Any specific time we want for the gathering? Or should we just make them pick one over at the forum? So far, they've been pretty considerate in trying to make sure people don't miss anything of interest during the gathering.

The_Bunkey
08-22-2008, 01:09 PM
As long as I don't miss the hilarity that is the Bishie auction and opening ceremonies, I'll be just peachy. XD *doesn't even know when those are* XD

MikaCyrusWeiss
08-26-2008, 09:00 PM
What the hell am I doing for Y-con? Lawl

Saiyuki Gaiden: Tenpou (Probably for pre-reg)
Bleach: Hitsugaya
Saiyuki: Hakkai

annnd I want to bring Seishirou or Trowa, but I don't know yet.

:3 Mm...Subaru ~<3

asakai
08-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Gundam weekend at Ycon! Woohoo! XD

Gundam Seed Destiny: Sting, with a friend as Auel
Gundam 00: Livonse "Fucking Ribbons" Almack (I expect I'll have plenty of Tierias to terrorize BD)

Duo Monkey
08-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Hnnn. My cosplays will be limited since I'm so busy on Sat as cosplay director. XD Duo is a given. I think I may be able to manage Xemnas or Ansem, depending on my mood. Ukitake is possible. Lesse, I think that's all I can handle with how busy I am.

Chas
08-29-2008, 12:38 AM

Gundam 00: Livonse "Fucking Ribbons" Almack (I expect I'll have plenty of Tierias to terrorize BD)

.... You're cosplaying Ribbons.

Srsly.

That is so awesome.

asakai
08-29-2008, 01:40 AM
.... You're cosplaying Ribbons.

Srsly.

That is so awesome.

Too bad I have no Alejandro to screw over-- I mean, love tenderly. D; GRAHAM CRACKER oh that makes me sooo happy ;__; And Billy too! Can't wait to see you guys X)

Mirai Noah
08-29-2008, 10:39 AM

Uh oh! *is going to be one of those Tierias*

Yay for Gundam weekend! I look forward to seeing your costumes! :)

Milai Sapphire
08-31-2008, 02:26 AM

Livonse = <3 That just made my day, just so you know :D

ININ
09-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm cosplaying as Chrono Harlaown from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha.

Does anyone know the Marriott suites have a DVD player?

Schuldig_
09-03-2008, 03:16 AM
Does anyone know the Marriott suites have a DVD player?

I doubt they do; I've at least never been in a suite with one! But that's just me, and I've quite frankly only stayed at a US hotel once before, so I can't say for sure. Why not call/mail them and ask (and would you mind telling me if you find out? Would be a good way to get into character before going to the con...)? :)

akiahara
09-03-2008, 05:47 PM
I feel a little silly, since I won't be with any other cosplayers, and it's Naruto *facepalm*...

but I *might* do Itachi for Yaoi-Con... that's a BIG maybe... but I'm going to try, I think.

LordMoufMouf
09-04-2008, 12:26 AM
I'll be there on Sunday as Integra. This will be my first Yaoi-Con! I'm not quite sure what to expect. It's not like a sex expo or anything? Or is is mainly an anime convention with lots of Yaoi?? I'm a little confused...

Yukari Kaiba
09-04-2008, 01:52 AM
taken directly from the con website, Yaoi Con is "a celebration of male beauty and passion in anime & manga".

Bredward
09-04-2008, 03:44 AM
I'm hoping that this is the last time I revise my costume list. I'm going to be Deitrich von Lohengrin from Trinity Blood, Mello from Death Note [most likely the regular version along with my Stylized/Sexy-no-Jutsu/Slutty/Hard Gay version at different times], and Allen Walker from D.Gray-man.

Yukari Kaiba
09-04-2008, 12:22 PM
how awesome that you're doing Dietrich! Me and a group of friends are doing TB cosplay for saturday of the con (consisting of Tres, Dietrich, Krusnik! Cain, and possibly an Abel).

B'rose Foxxstar
09-04-2008, 05:05 PM
oooh Itachi~ *stalks*

Blowstix
09-06-2008, 03:44 AM
A My Little Pony on Acid.

Schuldig_
09-09-2008, 03:18 PM
Since not many of the people cosplaying Weiss seem to hang out in the gathering thread, I thought I'd post a little notification here... I might not be able to do the version of Schuldig I want to (artbook version). Some RL stuff has come up that has prevented me from sewing, and since we're leaving for the US two weeks early to hang with friends and family, that means I have tomorrow to fix all remaining details, and I'm nowhere near done.

If you guys spot a green Schu (anime version), please do come up and say hi anyway; my badge name will be the same as my name here.

See you soon. :)

B'rose Foxxstar
09-09-2008, 10:34 PM
Don't worry Schuschu I'll still stalk you no matter what 'disguise' you may have X3

Schuldig_
09-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Uh-oh... *considers wearing a paper bag over her head*

Eboni Ninja
09-11-2008, 12:04 AM
This will be my first time going to Yaoi Con and I'm so excited, I wish I can go all three days but since my friend is only going I can only one day too. But anyway I'll will be going as Agito/Akito

Fluffymaru
09-11-2008, 01:19 AM
Sorry I went missing, guys! RL kicked my ass but good (not bad, just busy). I am, however, mostly clear and free for Yaoi-Con, so it gets my full attention.

Couple of things...

-I see the Weiss photo shoot will be Friday at 3 PM, pool side. That timing is, as far as I know, perfect. So I approve :)

-I'm pretty sure that I'll be Chloe for most of the Weiss stuff, since we have a lot of Rans and I have most of Chloe's stuff anyway.

-I have no idea what time the Weiss panel is, but I hear it won't be on Friday. Regardless, make sure you come, since we're doing some kick-ass stuff (and giving away some kick-ass stuff, too).

-For Weiss specific updates, check
http://community.livejournal.com/_ansatsusha_/
I'm going to try and keep track of all of it there, so we'll have one place to get the info from. If you have a Weiss specific event you'd like to add, just drop me a line.

-I am excited! :)

ycysusan2001
09-11-2008, 05:08 AM
my cos schedule will be...
Friday: Susaku knight version(Code Geass R2), Ciel ch19 color page outfit(Black Butler)
Saturday: Nowaki (Junjou Romantica), Aya(Weiss Kreuz), Uni (Hitman Reborn), Ciel pj(Black Butler)
Sunday: Belarus (Hetalia)
thanking to bring... Lulu formal from DVD cover(code geass) or/and Kanda 3rd uniform (D. Gray-man)

^^;;; I never have that many guys cos for a con before...

mlarad
09-11-2008, 07:16 AM
This is my first year attending but I don't crossplay so I will be taking only women costumes.

Friday: Shizuka from Vampire Knight
Saturday: Sakura Infinity Arc from Tsubasa Chronicles
Sunday: Tomoyo Piffle country from Tsubasa Chronicles

Hopefully it will be a fun convention!! ^_^

wpuzzle
09-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Eboni Ninja - Yay so I will see you again! <3

Mlarad - And yay, you'll be Sakura on Saturday! We have a rather complete Tokyo Revelations group of people on Saturday except we're missing a Sakura and a Syaoran. XD

I think I posted here before, although I've updated my costume list, and it'll be:
Friday: Fai Infinity Arc or Horitsuba Gakuen, TRC. Or both.
Saturday: Kamui Tokyo Revelations, TRC.
Sunday: Fai default, TRC.

Eboni Ninja
09-11-2008, 07:38 PM
wpuzzle- Awesome you're going too. I love Kamui can't wait to see ya there. You're lucky you're going all three days.

wpuzzle
09-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Eboni Ninja- Ahh, are you only going on the Saturday? (Either way I can't wait to see you there either!)

Tifa on a Cloud
09-12-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm definitely bringing The Count of Monte Cristo, as per tradition.

I wanted to do a Zero costume from Code Geass, but there's no time.

So I'm going to try to put together a Macross Frontier costume. Either Alto or Michel, since all I have to do is change the tie and pull my hair back.

If my Zeon costume gets finished to satisfaction, I'll wear that time permitting.

Fluffymaru
09-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Either Alto *or* Michel will get you drooled on...heh.

Schu- who decided on the 3 PM time for the Weiss shoot? It was originally a great time... then they announced that the swap meet was starting at 3. -_- I, personally, would like to consider changing it. Maybe to 5/6 or 2...?

What about the rest of you Weiss cosplayers? Had you also considered attending or setting up at the swap meet?

Ashadeus
09-17-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm not opposed to setting the Weiss shoot for a later time-- I'll be taking public transit to the con, if I can get work off for it (or feign sickness), so I'd personally prefer not having to worry about being late/hurrying to make myself look pretty after a train ride for pictures.

But I'm a vain thing. *shrug* Not sure what the schedule's like for the con events, dunno if later is worse for some people.

Fluffymaru
09-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Okay, how about this? After the schedule is posted online (the directors say it *will* go up before the con) and we can see when Opening Ceremonies are, I'll set a second time for Weiss.

If we all decide to cancel the 3 PM time, great, the second time will be our only time. If everyone still wants 3 PM, then it will be a second chance for those of us in the swap meet to have a photo meet-up. And, of course, nothing saying folks can't attend both...

Sound good, everyone?

superflyaznguy
09-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Kakashi... generic city =D

Ashadeus
09-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Sounds good to me, Fluffymaru. *salute*

ININ
09-17-2008, 08:00 PM
I doubt they do; I've at least never been in a suite with one! But that's just me, and I've quite frankly only stayed at a US hotel once before, so I can't say for sure. Why not call/mail them and ask (and would you mind telling me if you find out? Would be a good way to get into character before going to the con...)? :)

I called the Marriott. There are no DVD players; however, there are ports in the TV to hookup a DVD player. I'm thinking about having a marathon in my room after the bishi auction. I have a Comic Party box set unopened I got from a grab bag last year. Or maybe Family Guy? If anyone's interested in joining me, PM me. The event is non alcoholic BTW ^__^

@wpuzzle and mlarad, you're tempting me to bring my Syaoran cosplay >.<

wpuzzle
09-18-2008, 02:08 AM
ININ: There's a dance after the bishie auction, isn't there? =D My friend might be dragging me to the dance. Everyone should go! Oh and, do bring Syaoran!! So far I think our group on Saturday consists of Seishirou, Subaru, Fuuma, Kamui (me), Kurogane, Fai, and Sakura (if Mlarad wants to be our Sakura). No Syaoran! ;_;

(Seishirou, Subaru, Fuuma, Kamui, Kurogane and Fai are all going to be Tokyo Revelations version though. XD But eh, wtv.)

Fluffymaru
09-18-2008, 02:37 AM
Is the dance after the auction on Friday or the costume contest on Saturday? Or both?

wpuzzle
09-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Is the dance after the auction on Friday or the costume contest on Saturday? Or both?

I think it is after the bishie auction? I think.

I remember that I was told a while ago that it'd be Saturday night, but I'm not completely sure.

Fluffymaru
09-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Oh, wait...I thought the Bishie Auction was on Friday night. Am I wrong about that? That's where I'm getting confused. I might be wrong, since 2004 is the only year I've been before...

If Costume, Auction, and Dance are all on Saturday night, then what's on Friday after Opening Ceremonies?

Yukari Kaiba
09-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Masquerade, Auction, AMV Contest, and the dance are on Saturday night. Friday I believe is the Bishonen Cafe and Bishie Bingo ^^

Eurobeat King
09-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Let's keep this thread on-topic and discuss what we plan to cosplay at Yaoicon. Thanks.

Fluffymaru
09-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Wow...we were already done discussing that, but thanks for the Mod slap-down?

It wasn't like it was really off topic, anyway. We kind of need to know when the functions are so we can plan when to meet and what to wear on what day and time. It's not like it was planned or was going to continue or was even a long and massive change in discussion...

Eurobeat King
09-19-2008, 02:46 PM
If you wanted to ask about the convention's events, you could either make a new thread or post in the FAQ thread:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=19577&page=9

In this case, when a few posts don't discuss what the thread-topic is about, and also no cosplay is mentioned, i gave my reply. that's all..

ININ
09-19-2008, 08:13 PM
ININ: There's a dance after the bishie auction, isn't there? =D My friend might be dragging me to the dance. Everyone should go! Oh and, do bring Syaoran!! So far I think our group on Saturday consists of Seishirou, Subaru, Fuuma, Kamui (me), Kurogane, Fai, and Sakura (if Mlarad wants to be our Sakura). No Syaoran! ;_;

(Seishirou, Subaru, Fuuma, Kamui, Kurogane and Fai are all going to be Tokyo Revelations version though. XD But eh, wtv.)

Sure XD I bring my Syaoran. It’s not Tokyo Revelations XP

Schuldig_
09-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Schu- who decided on the 3 PM time for the Weiss shoot? It was originally a great time... then they announced that the swap meet was starting at 3. -_- I, personally, would like to consider changing it. Maybe to 5/6 or 2...?

It was Duo Monkey who suggested it, actually, and since I didn't think I personally had anything else to do at that time, I just went along. But, like I said, I'm flexible, so if you guys want to change, I'm fine with it. I'll be in San Fran on Tuesday, so I don't mind an earlier appointment - or a later one. You guys who are coming form work/have other things to do should decide. I just don't want to miss out on anything big, but I guess that goes for all of us. :)

Might I sheepishly ask what the swap meet is? Am I missing something?

And speaking of other things alltogether, white Schu just might make it after all! He'll probably need to borrow Alucard's shirt and green Schu's pants, but I got luckier than I thought and found cheap fabric at JoAnn's (although slightly icky), as well as a sewing machine at the place we were staying... so hastily thrown together and probably with an awkward fit, but he'll make it! :bouncer:

ph1shf00d
09-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Can I hope to see any Team Fortress 2 people out there? >_O I'll be bringing a BLU Scout (somewhat modified. Call it genderbend if you want /shrug) and my friend is bringing his RED Scout. Commence Bonking/headbutting/NEEDADISPENSAHEAH-ing 83

Um aside from that, rehashing some cosplays. Scout is the only new one this time, haha.

Ashadeus
09-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Now that I've got my schedule for the week from work, I'm highly attracted to the idea of moving the Weiss gathering on Friday to a slightly later time-- say, 5 or 6? That might clash with some of the programming/plans of fellow cosplayers, but there's my two cents on the matter. I'll be taking the train down from Auburn around 1 that afternoon, so...yes. This Aya will be fresh off the street by the time the shoot rolls around.

Hime
09-22-2008, 04:31 AM
Let's keep this thread on-topic and discuss what we plan to cosplay at Yaoicon. Thanks.
Amen.

Schuldig_
09-22-2008, 11:04 AM
This Aya will be fresh off the street by the time the shoot rolls around.

Sorry for the random bit of spam, but I had to point out that that's the way we like him. ;)

Fluffymaru
09-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Schu et al...

I'll be replying to all your comments in the Gatherings thread, since I can't reply to any of it here without being off-topic, since technically, we've already discussed what we'll be wearing. Also, a Weiss timeline of events for Y-Con can always be found at http://community.livejournal.com/_ansatsusha_/4259.html

In fact, this very post is off-topic as well, but I didn't want to leave you all hanging, and that would just be rude.

This will be my last post in this thread since my costumes have already be decided, so Hime and the mods can rest easy.

See the rest of you peeps in 4 days!

Bredward
09-22-2008, 08:17 PM
how awesome that you're doing Dietrich! Me and a group of friends are doing TB cosplay for saturday of the con (consisting of Tres, Dietrich, Krusnik! Cain, and possibly an Abel).
Yay for more Trinity Blood cosplays! It looks like there will be a last minute change of plans for me, since although I ordered it weeks ago and specified that I needed it by Wednesday, I just got the shipping confirmation e-mail for my wig, and it's not going to be here [in Seattle] until Friday, by which point I'll be at the con and there's no way that my family could get it to me in time for me to wear it the next morning. So for Yaoi-Con, it looks like I'll be RCO!Ion instead. Which totally isn't canon. But it would still be cool.
I intend to wear it on Saturday and drop by the Trinity Blood photoshoot. :]

Yukari Kaiba
09-22-2008, 11:37 PM
awesome =D a regular Ion just joined our group and our Abel confirmed she was coming, so i think we'll have a nicely sized group for pictures on saturday ^^

vasher
09-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Late to the party, but some plans just got finalized. I'll be there most of Friday and then Saturday afternoon as Grimmjow, Cain Knightlord, Ada Wong, Tifa, and probably Taki.

Cheers!

Vasyenka
09-24-2008, 12:38 AM
Finally have my list finalized~ :3

Shiki (Togainu no Chi)
Pam (Silver Chaos)
Tokage (Fairy Cube)
Yuuko (xxxHolic)
Fai (Tsubasa Chronicles - Horitsuba Gakuen)
Fai (Tsubasa Chronicles - original military design)

Imari-chan
09-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Think it's best to post now. I will be finally going to Yaoi Con for the whole weekend this time haha. So I have a nice list of cosplays I'm bringing. I look forward in seeing the different cosplays at Yaoi Con this year. (^^)

Yaoi Con Cosplays
-Lockon (Gundam 00)
-Mikuo (Vocaloid)
-Kaito (Vocaloid)
-Snow (Blassreiter)
-Casual Amanda -DVD Cover Colored- (Blassreiter)
-Male Stalker (Ragnarok Online)
-Vampire Zero (Vampire Knight)
-Alto (Macross Frontier)
-And Extra/Secret Costumes (3-4)

Most of these are with friend or a small group. Just mostly going to have fun cosplaying and taking photos. Looking forward to this weekend~

ININ
09-25-2008, 07:18 PM
I bring three cosplays XD I'm attending Saturday and Sunday.

*Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicles
*Toushiro Hitsugaya from Bleach
*Chrono Harlaown from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha