PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Wright's badge and more

Goggle Scarf
02-18-2008, 03:26 PM
I am crossplaying this weekend as Phoenix Wright from the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney game series, I was wondering if any other Phoenix Wright cosplayers out there had trouble making his attorney's badge. I don't know where to start and I'm having a horrible time finding refrence for the badge. I know there are small ridges on it and I think there's a "P" in the center, but I'm not sure. My DS is currently at my boyfriend's house, or I'd look closer.

I was also wondering about the "Objection" sign. Would it be easier to go to a copy place and get it blown up there, or write it out with markers?

Edit: (18/Feb/08) I made the sign out of poster board and markers and it came out fine.

Edit: (19/Feb/08) Does the badge even matter, or would it be easier to juist do the shape of it?

Dionashi
02-21-2008, 12:07 PM
I made my badge out of regular molding clay and I'm pretty sure that at the center of it is the scale that you see at the judge's table in courtroom. For the best reference picture, I suggest either going to 1-5 or one of the Apollo Justice cases to use to 3-D examination thing to look at the badge~

meowl
02-21-2008, 11:47 PM
So far, the best online image I could find is here
http://www.myds.com.au/ReviewDetail.aspx?id=220

I would suggest craft foam. It may be based on the Japan's chrysanthemum symbol. The central device does look like the scales of justice.

Zashi
03-20-2008, 09:02 PM
www.court-records.net Has lots of images of the badge, though they are not in 3D. Also, there is a thread that I scoured but could not find much related to the making of the badge.

Last year when I cosplayed Phoenix Wright, I went down to a local dollar store and found round Styrofoam balls that I bought and sliced in half and then slowly made the curves. That took me quite a long time, and now since I lost it, Ive got to make another one...I will get a disposable camera and take pics of the progress...

KaZzu
03-21-2008, 03:35 AM
Perfect job for scuply (clay). I made my badge out of it, took about 10mins.

Andrea
03-21-2008, 07:13 AM
Yeah, I did the same a couple nights ago. Putting two coats of gold paint and a layer of protective finish on it took longer than actually sculpting the thing. For that matter, so did baking it.

Goggle Scarf
03-23-2008, 02:40 PM
Perfect job for scuply (clay). I made my badge out of it, took about 10mins.

I tried sculpey originally, but it broke apart, so I'll try it again, without leaing it out, or try some craft foam.

LGS
04-15-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm making a couple badges for a friend this week, and I'm using sculpey. Liquid leaf should work on sculpey, right? I usually like the look of gold leaf better than plain old gold paint.

Goggle Scarf, how did you manage to break your badge? It shouldn't be much bigger than a quarter, that's awful hard to break by accident.

Winterlaurel
04-16-2008, 01:35 AM
A friend wanted me to help him find a badge for his PW cosplay, and I found a button at JoAnn's that worked perfectly.

dannyv
04-18-2012, 05:46 PM
San Diego Car Accident Lawyer (http://www.californiacaraccidentslawyer.com/san-diego-car-accident.php) Has lots of images of the badge, though they are not in 3D. Also, there is a thread that I scoured but could not find much related to the making of the badge.

Last year when I cosplayed Phoenix Wright, I went down to a local dollar store and found round Styrofoam balls that I bought and sliced in half and then slowly made the curves. That took me quite a long time, and now since I lost it, Ive got to make another one...I will get a disposable camera and take pics of the progress...

Have you taken picture of the progress??? I'd be interested to see that.