PDA

View Full Version : Who's Going This Year?

MedeaManson
06-11-2003, 08:52 PM
Just curious to see who all is going to be at Ani-Magic this year. ^_^;;

Michi
06-12-2003, 04:24 AM
I am~ Wouldn't miss it. :3

ChibiHiku
06-12-2003, 05:30 AM
*raises hand* I too wouldn't miss it! ^^

JoeBoeing
06-12-2003, 08:33 AM
I'm going! This is THE con to go to. AM spoiled me last year and I want to be spoiled some more. AX just can't compare in my view.

FRom,
Joe

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-12-2003, 01:50 PM
Hopefully, I'll be there as well. :D I wouldn't miss it ^_^

Aya Mizu
06-12-2003, 02:33 PM
I haven't missed it since it started and unless there are circumstances beyond my control, I plan on going :)

Moon Prince
06-12-2003, 11:45 PM
The first AM was the first 'full' con that I went to! I am like not going to miss it either.. I would have gotten there earlier than I did the first day, but I got stuck in traffic.

Amidala

Psychotic Jei
06-12-2003, 11:52 PM
I will be at Ani-Magic. Even if I have to take the train again.

MedeaManson
06-12-2003, 11:58 PM
Excellent! :D To add to my curiousity; what costumes are people planning on making and wearing to Ani-Magic?

K_Valentine
06-13-2003, 12:02 AM
I'll be going, by hook, by crook, and if that doesn't work, then by car.

Costume list? Hmm, Whatever I didn't wear at FANIME or AX this year, and maybe some that I've already worn. Too early to plan at this point.

katchoo
06-13-2003, 01:10 AM
I am too! But no idea on what costumes.

Usagi Mylene
06-13-2003, 01:57 AM
I'm trying to. I got the days off!!! *jumps for joy* I just need someone to tag along with.

My boyfriend said he'll tag along but he isn't much into anime (robotech, macross, gundum) and when I said I'm going to cosplay he look at me funny

So I'm trying to ditch him......

Costumes hmmm.... Probaly either Usagi's school uniform from Stars or Hotaru school uniform from the Stars Manga.

Psychotic Jei
06-13-2003, 03:46 AM
Costumes. I am bringing.... Irvine from FFVIII.... um and then I dunno. Folken if I finish it. And maybe Kouga (Inu-Yasha) or Seto Kaiba.. depending. ^_^

RyuHayabusaDOA2
06-13-2003, 09:27 AM
Well, I agree with K Valentine.. I'll probably be wearing the costumes that I'll do for Fanime. AX and Otakon(if that's a possibility). Too early to plan at this point

Master Zero
06-13-2003, 10:47 AM
You know I'll be there. Been there the oast 2 years, Im definately going again.

Nadeshiko
06-13-2003, 08:38 PM
I'll be going. ^_^v

I'm figuring out travel plans since a friend from SF wants to go with me and my boyfriend might be able too. I might end up flying to LAX a few days earlier to visit my folks first and then drive to the con.

But we'll see what works out...still haven't discussed plans. Shall know more come August.

Ashe
06-14-2003, 03:45 AM
Skye and I are coming! ^_^ Hopefully Sun and Kem will come, too..

Haha, anyone know what they're wearing already?

Kira_Yamato
06-14-2003, 04:35 AM
I may be able to make it. I was thinking i'd mabye try crossplay, cause it does sound kinda like fun, but i'd have to do a costume without my parents finding out, so I think I may just wait until i'm moved out.

Rey-Rey
06-15-2003, 01:52 PM
I KINDA have to go. >=D

Woof. >=D Hot Summer Rey-Rey. >=D

Velvy
06-25-2003, 10:05 PM
Probably will be there.

KimikoChan
06-26-2003, 07:07 PM
I definitely would like to go. If i can get others to drive with me or even fly with me then I will defintely go. Flights are uber cheap right now with southwest, but I'm not sure of the airport, would it be LAX? And if so, how long of a drive from LAX to Lancaster? It's $29. each way so that would be cool. But I wouldn't mind driving either, if there is a group to go with. I'm coming from the bay area.

K_Valentine
06-26-2003, 07:10 PM
what part of Bay area, Kimiko? I'm driving solo for now.

KimikoChan
06-26-2003, 07:16 PM
Hey, I'm in the east bay. San Pablo/El Sobrante. Right around Richmond and a few miles south of Berkeley. It's not a problem to drive elsewhere to meet up or whatever ^_^

And let's see if you remember me. On Friday @ fanime, we had the chobits gathering, I was Sumomo ^^ lol.

positivespace
06-26-2003, 11:39 PM
It's been decided... I'll be going along with two of my girls. I'm looking forward to my first AM. =)

Usagi Mylene
07-01-2003, 11:44 PM
KimikoChan: If you want company, I can tag along!! =) Me and maybe my boyfriend are going. If he goes, we are flying to burbank and then he's getting a car and we are driving the rest of the way. If it's just me, I'll still be flying but to LAX and then catching the bus the hotel has. PM down the line if you want the company getting to and from Ani-magic.

cactusmomma
07-06-2003, 06:02 PM
i was planning for yaoi-con...but now my little brother is begging me to take him to a con XD soooo~oooo we'll try to make it to this one instead

SohjiroX
07-07-2003, 12:37 PM
I'll be at both this year, trying to make this the year of blow out so I can know what to do next year. just need to get rides to these two and plan for rooms asap

Mandy Mitchell
07-07-2003, 02:36 PM
I'm going! I love Ani-Magic! I always have a fun time there every year! =D

RoseDuelist
07-07-2003, 02:59 PM
I JUST found out I can go. My mom said "I promise I'll get you there no matter what.." YAY!!

Hopefully I'll be lum. I hope that isn't too skimpy.. @_@; I'll adjust it to be more concealed and such, but yeah. Yay!

Ina
07-07-2003, 03:06 PM
i'm going, first AM for me XD i can't wait!!!

RoseDuelist
07-07-2003, 03:31 PM
Ina! I didn't get to meet you at AX! Where were you!?! Grr... so this means we definatly have to meet at AM, k? Cuzz you were one of two people (I got the meet the other, MikigamiTokiya) that I was dying to meet at AX. Grrness.. :P

Ina
07-07-2003, 03:45 PM
><;;; sorry!!! i really wanted to meet ya too! ok! AM then XDDD

MegamiNoKonton
07-08-2003, 10:35 PM
I'm going! I can't miss Ani-Magic. It'll be a chance to go back to my hometown from college ^_^

Oh, and for whomever was wondering, the drive from LAX to Lancaster is about 2 hours.

MegaMako
07-10-2003, 01:09 PM
I will definately be there for all 3 days. :) Can't wait! *** Counting down the seconds in his head... ***

As for costumes, my list is not final, but I will definately cosplay Sephiroth, Dante, and Uriel from AS. I have at least 2 other costumes that are still in the works, and I hope to have them ready in time! ^^

See you all there!!

tydawgsd
07-10-2003, 06:17 PM
I should be there unless circumstance do a 180. As for costumes hopefully I will have a Murasaki done. I may also bring my Kakashi costume, but only if my other costumes aren't done.

Kikari
07-10-2003, 06:28 PM
I'm going to TRY to go to Ani-Magic *crosses fingers* hopefully I can..I might just spend my birthday bash over there :D

Moon Prince
07-13-2003, 02:42 AM
Costumes? somebody asked?

Well, for me, it seems that it's going to be all about Sakura Wars. I will definately have two for the Hizashigumi. Probably bring at least two more. (all Reni) and one other if I can make it in time...

Then I have three other costumes that I want to find the time to wear at some point... only one is complete.. I have a 'back-up' to one, but I kinda want to wear something different to the Capcom vs SNK gathering.. probably won't defect this year...

Hmmm.... a late night trek to the 7-11 in full Revue featherness?

maikaeirn
07-13-2003, 04:18 AM
I will most definitely be there because I MUST! Simple as that. I'm looking forward to my first AM and from all the good things i hear about it, i am VERY excited! ^^

ai no hoshi
07-14-2003, 01:21 AM
woo hoo! me and my friends booked the room, but i havent even registered yet. i had to pay my tuition for the semester, so i'm broke right now.

i guess it's a good thing i never bring spending money to cons, even though i complain about it. o.o;

as for costumes... i probably wont have a new one by then, but it's too early to tell. my boyfriends grandma gave me 4 boxes of fabric so i'll see what i can make out of it.

my first ani-magic! wheee!!! too bad i wont meet everyone... i'm too darn shy. i'm surprised i had the guts to walk up to michi, admin and aeris, ziggy b and a few others at fanime. i also saw some people that i'd already met which was nice.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
07-15-2003, 12:39 PM
Ai-Chan: well, If I go I'll be there and I will try my best to keep you company ^__^

BlueLady
07-15-2003, 03:43 PM
shy about what??? we are all just people in costumes goofing off. You have an insant "in" with everyone, common interests.

MegaMako
07-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Trust me! ^^ You will meet everyone. That is what is so sweet about AniMagic.

Tetsugyu
07-15-2003, 05:56 PM
My Dave-aniki is right! Since there isn't really great video rooms, or a reliable MV contest, the eintire con is pretty much a Hang out con. All you do is hang with your buddies, make up for lost time when you're so busy at say, AX, Fanime, ect.

That's why I can't wait to kick it with my Dave-aniki. Among so may others...

ai no hoshi
07-15-2003, 10:32 PM
yay! i can't wait!!! everything i've heard about this con is great, and i'm sure i'll have fun...
thank you everyone!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
07-15-2003, 10:37 PM
no problem Ai-Chan!*glomps* You will have fun at ani-magic, trust me :D

AM Chair
07-16-2003, 12:42 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tetsugyu
[B]My Dave-aniki is right! Since there isn't really great video rooms, or a reliable MV contest, the eintire con is pretty much a Hang out con. All you do is hang with your buddies, make up for lost time when you're so busy at say, AX, Fanime, ect.

Ah yes, well, we'll be be fixing those problems this year. It'll be anything but a hang-out. And for the first time since last year, FULL IN-ROOM ANIME...WITH AUDIO!

MegaMako
07-17-2003, 02:01 AM
LOL.. Yes my friend, Tetsugyu! We will definately hang out and chill.. BIG TIME! ^^ At least we got a chance to hang out a tiny bit at AX.. Not as much as I would have liked to though.

cactusmomma
07-17-2003, 05:09 AM
if i can....

...i'm planning to do menchi from hxh :D

DarkGunner
07-17-2003, 09:37 PM
*waves* I'll be there! Hopefully this con I will actually introduce myself and meet more of you! Hopefully I will have my White Duelist Utena done in time. :)

Mink
07-19-2003, 07:38 PM
I am SO there...I love Ani-Magic.

So far as far as costumes go I have planned:
White Dragoon Chick from Legend of Dragoon (full armor)*dies*
Shin Tenchi Ryoko costume
Haru from Fruits Basket
Kagura from Inuyasha Movie 2

List will probably change, but thats what I have planned for the moment. I will probably go either Kagome or Inuyasha on Sunday to go with my friends Kouga. But otherwise I am SO SO SO looking forward to it!

ai no hoshi
07-20-2003, 01:44 AM
well... i want to have my musia from angel/dust neo done, but i doubt that i will. oh well... i have two jobs (one of them is joann fabrics) and i'm still broke! blah.

petitemusu
07-20-2003, 11:45 PM
If all goes well Crystal and I will be there ^_^

Costumes we'll have should be:

Yuna (FFX) and Popstar Rikku (FFX-2)
Jpop costumes
And 2 undecided so far although we're thinking Sakura Taisen :D

Chas
07-21-2003, 02:11 PM
I would never miss Ani-Magic! I just pre-regged today.

As for costumes... I'm not too sure. Not very many at all. For sure I'm bringing Shindou Shuichi from Gravitation and Kimura Kouichi from Digimon Frontier. I'll probably have a couple more, but I need to figure out what they are. ^^;

Mink_chan
07-21-2003, 03:39 PM
I am going ^__^
as for costumes im bringing Chii and Nuku Nuku

AM Chair
07-21-2003, 11:25 PM
Aren't you one of the Pavillion girls?

Sana-chan
07-24-2003, 11:26 AM
As of right now I'll probably be going to AniMagic XD

NoLable721
07-24-2003, 12:39 PM
i'm going to AM. It's gunna be my 1st time going to AM, I hope it's gunna be a blast.

Lynzie
07-24-2003, 01:53 PM
Imma try real hard to go, but it's a little inconvieniant since I just moved back to Washington. Baaah. We'll see. :D

Tetsugyu
07-25-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by AM Chair
Ah yes, well, we'll be be fixing those problems this year. It'll be anything but a hang-out. And for the first time since last year, FULL IN-ROOM ANIME...WITH AUDIO!

You will? Wow that's great. It'll still be a hang out Con. I mean, that's what makes AM so good. You can actualy relax.

Originally posted by MegaMako
LOL.. Yes my friend, Tetsugyu! We will definately hang out and chill.. BIG TIME! ^^ At least we got a chance to hang out a tiny bit at AX.. Not as much as I would have liked to though.

Awesome dude! Yeah we did get a little time. And you took the words outta my mouth. "Not as much as I would have liked to, though." But hell, we will make up for lost time! Just me and my Dave-aniki! Let's go out as Sephie and Tetsugyu, get shit drunk and use Mako energy to destroy the world?

Mink_chan
07-25-2003, 06:21 PM
AM Chair-
No im not one of the Pavillion girls. ^^;
sorry.

SohjiroX
07-26-2003, 03:33 PM
I am, and this will be my first AM ever, I just hope i have as much fun as I did last two cons, and get to see everyone and get more fun pics and make new friends again.

SohjiroX
07-26-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by KimikoChan
Hey, I'm in the east bay. San Pablo/El Sobrante. Right around Richmond and a few miles south of Berkeley. It's not a problem to drive elsewhere to meet up or whatever ^_^

And let's see if you remember me. On Friday @ fanime, we had the chobits gathering, I was Sumomo ^^ lol.

oh yeah ment to ask this, Tom think you could give me a lift back to bay area after I hit AM? I need to get dropped off either friends house or hotel because I am going to Yaoi con right after.My Dave-aniki is right! Since there isn't really great video rooms, or a reliable MV contest, the eintire con is pretty much a Hang out con. All you do is hang with your buddies, make up for lost time when you're so busy at say, AX, Fanime, ect.

[QUOTE]That's why I can't wait to kick it with my Dave-aniki. Among so may others...
[B]

really? wow I really cant wait than, though its my first i really want to be able to have time to actually hang out with friends this time, AX and fanime was all luck since people had a bit of free time, they were fun yes but I hope to have alot of fun now that I know that, just hope i dont get lost. *some how related to Ryoga, a weird way even though he is not asain and Ryoga is, and he doesn't have fangs...and such....you get the picture.*

Pink Bunnie
07-27-2003, 01:57 AM
Wheee I've been convinced to go finally! I think I'd be rolled into a sack and beaten with reeds if I didn't go now :P I look forward to another year at Animagic tho :3

Skeptrix
07-27-2003, 03:35 AM
i finally put some thought over this and decided to go.. soo.. count me in! :D

Karisu-sama
07-27-2003, 04:41 AM
Maybe this year I'll finally brave the hot tub, LOL - too much "essence de Sweaty Fanboy" in it last year...

KimikoChan
07-27-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by SohjiroX
[B]oh yeah ment to ask this, Tom think you could give me a lift back to bay area after I hit AM? I need to get dropped off either friends house or hotel because I am going to Yaoi con right after.My Dave-aniki is right! Since there isn't really great video rooms, or a reliable MV contest, the eintire con is pretty much a Hang out con. All you do is hang with your buddies, make up for lost time when you're so busy at say, AX, Fanime, ect.

Sure hun, that shouldn't be a problem. Which part of the bay do you live in or need a ride to? I live in San Pablo/El Sobrante, so I wouldn't be able to go too much farther than that, esp after that looong ride. And of course I'll be going to Yaoi-con as well ^^

duck
07-27-2003, 05:28 PM
There's a hot tub? Oh joy, there's a hot tub! *loves hot tubs, except for the fact that her pale legs have to be in public*

Hmmm..."essence de Sweaty Fanboy?". =)

Sparkle Pipsi
08-20-2004, 04:15 AM
*waves* I'll be there! Hopefully this con I will actually introduce myself and meet more of you! Hopefully I will have my White Duelist Utena done in time. :)

Waaaaaii!! But I wanted to do white duelist Utena, LOL ^^;. It's such a gorgeousful outfit, ne? I'd hate to steal your thunder, but I still may have to do it... tee! Perhaps a photo op? *hopeful*

This will be my first Animagic, but I'm UBER excited about going ^_^. I don't know how many days I'll be able to go yet, but I'll be wearing two costumes... my Togepi Girl and either White Duelist Utena (as stated above) or Eternal Sailor Venus... whichever one I get done first ;;;

But yeah... I've heard that Animagic is so cool cuz it's so intimate and relaxing... maybe I'll actually get to meet some of you peeps ^_^. yay!

BlueLady
08-20-2004, 10:49 AM
Maybe this year I'll finally brave the hot tub, LOL - too much "essence de Sweaty Fanboy" in it last year...

we did hot tub last year.. all 50 of us haha. I still remember your kids making dolphin like swims to swim acrozss the hot tub without actually touching anyone

Aya Frost
08-20-2004, 12:33 PM
I'm gunna brave Ani Mgic again this year! Whee! Second year of conventioning. Ani Magic is the only convention I'll brave o.o; Hopefully the 2 friends I bring will help us get pass 1000 people this year ^_^... OoOo the hot tub.. I wanted to soak my feet in that after the Mas. >_< So much standing and walking!

IceAlchemist
08-20-2004, 01:27 PM
im going^^ look for shizune/rikku/lust and maybe grace (hagaren ep 37)

Gundam_MkIII
08-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Ill be attending this year (hahah, i was allowed to skip school to go too, lol). I'll most likely just be doing Jiraiya, Tao Ren and Sanzo, all already made costumes. but if i can actually find a pair Seigaku jersey (cause i dont know how in the hell to make a polo shirt) I'll be going as Oishi from the Golden Pair with a Kikumaru and also if it gets done in time ill go as Roy Mustang

IceAlchemist
08-21-2004, 01:26 PM
ROY!!! awww cool

Reaver
08-21-2004, 03:36 PM
I think for sure I am coming, but Im not sure if we're gonna b able to afford hotel rooms or not, so we will probably only make it fo r a day XP

Gainax Boy
08-21-2004, 07:52 PM
Wild, Rampaging Demons from the Darkest Depths of the Netherworld couldn't keep me away ^__^

And a hot tub you say? .... hmmmmmm

Sipesh
08-23-2004, 09:34 PM
AM was the best con last year, and it'll be even better this year, because finally after months and months of pleading... my husband has agreed to go with us and even humor me by dressing up :)

Eurobeat King
09-01-2004, 02:19 AM
Well, here's an interesting update: The past 4 years I drove to Animagic, but this year since I'm not bringing any bulky costume(s) or my computer to u/l pics while at the con (like at AX or SDCC), I'm actually going to FLY to the con for once. ;) So no more driving 5-6 hours the night before the con (by myself!), and no super-tiresome 6-7 hours driving back on Sunday.. hehe ;) I'll be flying from Oakland on Thursday night, checking into the Best Western and then sleeping until the morning comes before heading to the con hotel. That hotel is right next to the overflow hotel, the Holiday Inn Express, so it's about a mile away. I doubt there's a shuttle, so I'll probably be lazy and hail a cab to take me to the Hilton around 8am or so. Departing time on Sunday will be around 5pm, since my flight from Burbank is at 7pm, I want to allow some time to get to the airport (via cab) and check-in.

Since I'm flying, I'm going to cancel out on bringing costumes: no Ryosuke, and no Hibiki (my apologies to the girl who cosplayed Hibiki at AX, since I told her we'd pair up at Animagic) If anything, Shinji would be the only one but I may just take several thousand pics again while wearing regular clothes.. :D (Gotta beat AX2004's record..)

So this'll be an interesting Fall-Classic con, and I can't wait. See you all in exactly a month!! -EBK

AM Chair
09-01-2004, 06:58 AM
I was begining to worry about the north's participation, where is everyone?

Gainax Boy
09-01-2004, 04:45 PM
Since I'm flying, I'm going to cancel out on bringing costumes: no Ryosuke, and no Hibiki (my apologies to the girl who cosplayed Hibiki at AX, since I told her we'd pair up at Animagic) If anything, Shinji would be the only one but I may just take several thousand pics again while wearing regular clothes.. :D (Gotta beat AX2004's record..)

Well then, since you're bringing Shinji, you know I'll be looking for you again on Sunday at 12pm =p

lestathunt
09-01-2004, 07:44 PM
I'll be going this year as Noh's 2nd costume from the game Samurai Warriors. This will be my second time at animagic and my second convention....yay! Last year I went as Da Qiao from the game Dynasty Warriors. Hope to have even more fun this year.

Eurobeat King
09-01-2004, 10:27 PM
GainaxBoy: Can't guarantee I'll be bringing Shinji.. Like I said, I might NOT cosplay at all at AniM this year, since I'll be getting off the plane and heading directly to the small hotel. If I'm not too tired, I might walk to the con hotel (to test out the distance) and see who's going to be there TH night..

Psychotic Jei
09-01-2004, 11:01 PM
I am going again this year.

As far as I know..I am bringing

Seto Kaiba- Yugioh
Nanjiroh- Prince of Tennis

and maybe
Kotetsu- Naruto
Hoji- Dekarangers

Gatack
09-03-2004, 05:11 PM
^_^ I'll be goin' again making it my 3rd year. I can't wait for it!

Costume wise I'm for sure bringing Zoro(OP) and Ed(FMA), I'm still iffy on what other costume to bring...*rolls around* Maybe a certain digimon costume to please a certain kouichi cosplayer...*ponders*

IceAlchemist
09-03-2004, 06:50 PM
oo another ed yay cant wait to see all the fma ppl^^

RyousukeT.
09-28-2004, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I was all set on going ( all the way from FL ) but, thanks to Hurricane Jeanne I wont beable too. I had to use my money to do some small repairs my house and in other supplies I had to buy beacause of it. Same thing happened when Hurricane Francics hit, I couldnt go to Dragon*Con. Why must nature send me hurricanes when im about to go away for a con :untrust: =[. It was gonna be my first con too. ahh well theres always next year =\

Chas
09-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Whee, my fourth Ani-Magic. X3

I'll be bringing along an original character for the sake of Kasui_Enoki, Haku from Naruto, Eiji Kikumaru from Tennipuri and I'm considering totally screwing around and throwing together a casual Sakuraba-kun from Eyeshield 21. If not, then definitely Sakuraba at Yaoi-con.

(Ahaa, as for that certain Digimon costume for that certain Kouichi cosplayer, please do as you wish. O_O; At this point I don't know if I'll have the time, but I'll bring it along anyway.)

RGCrimson
09-28-2004, 05:12 PM
Haha, you people are coming here for the anime? Ha, im com'n for the women. O yeah and my www.sweetjebus.com spoof documentary. Stay alert people of two teens with a camera asking weird questions and making people do silly things. Don't be left out!

See you there everybody!

Anele
09-28-2004, 06:00 PM
This will be my first Ani-Magic attendance, and my third con attendance. But, since I'm working now, the con attendance number will change. XD

beambitious
09-28-2004, 06:05 PM
my first one too >_< haha but i get to staff, (yuh yuh bizznatch) going all three days with few cosplays... oh yea, im going for the j-rock.. and few *other* things.. fufufu

@RGCrimson: watch out +_+!!