PDA

View Full Version : Online Masquerade and other contest applications now available at www.cc26.info

BoinkCoBoy
02-23-2008, 12:20 AM
The online pre-registration forms for the Costume-Con 26 Fantasy & Science Fiction Masquerade, Historical Masquerade, Single Pattern Contest and Mad Science Fair are now all up and running on our website, http://www.cc26.info.

You must be a registered member of the convention to use the online forms; log on with your CC26 username and password, and then go to the Events and Contests page. You will see links to the online forms in the left menu.

If you are registered, but can't remember your CC26 account details, drop a note to registration@cc26.org and we will have the system send you the necessary information.

kagomechan
03-10-2008, 04:07 AM
Yay!! Thanks for the post.

I just ran to register my group. I hope it's approved. ^_^ Exciting.

EDIT: I forgot to ask. What kind of skits do people do at costume con..? I went looking for videos but couldn't find many. Is it mostly walk ons..? any talking if there are skits or is that discourage? I was assuming it was more a chance to show off the costumes rather then perform.

Thanks in advance.

-Kags

BoinkCoBoy
03-10-2008, 12:19 PM
EDIT: I forgot to ask. What kind of skits do people do at costume con..? I went looking for videos but couldn't find many. Is it mostly walk ons..? any talking if there are skits or is that discourage? I was assuming it was more a chance to show off the costumes rather then perform.

Thanks in advance.

-Kags

Hi Kags --

Presentations range from the simple walk on to more elaborate productions with props and choreography. The time limit at Costume-Con is shorter than for many anime cosplay contests, so that has a big effect on how people write their presentations. Remember, too, that there is no contestant microphone and the room is large. If you have dialog as part of your presentation, it should be pre-recorded with your music so it is played over the PA system.

Due to music licensing problems, you won't find many Costume-Con masquerade videos online. However, if you search for video clips from the 2006 World Science Fiction convention aka LA Con IV, you can see a number of presentations from the WorldCon masquerade. WorldCon and Costume-Con have similar rules and traditions for presentation, so perhaps those can be of use to you!