PDA

View Full Version : Tintin looking for a Captain Haddock!

Smidge
02-23-2008, 06:18 PM
At Sakura-Con on Friday, I will be cosplaying Tintin. I want a Captain Haddock, which is a snowball's chance in Hell, and I'm going to be picky beyond belief. This is my biggest fandom, it is SERIOUS BUSINESS. Here are the particulars:

Must be at least 6 feet tall. I'm normal height (5'6") and Tintin is usually a head shorter than Haddock is. I'd prefer someone with a medium build, but Haddock was a bit pudgy when he first joined the comic so I'm willing to negotiate.

Have to be able to grow a full beard or willing to wear a prosthetic one. I would provide it. This means a facefull of spirit gum for 3+ hours. I would also provide this and remover. If using your own beard, it has to be dark brown or black, OR you'd be willing to dye it. I would provide for this also. Same goes for the hair on your head. Either short and dark or willing to wear a wig, again provided by me.

Know the character, kthx.

Preferably I'd like someone who can stay in character as Archie, knows his catch-phrases, etc. Being to yell "TEN THOUSAND THUNDERING TYPHOONS" in a very loud voice a plus. I'd prefer someone with a deeper, more grown-up voice as Archie's a good 40 years old or so. Also, you'd likely need to let me age you with makeup.

Costume:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f182/Smidgeroo/LetsGo.jpg

Brown leather shoes, these can be plain. I'd prefer worn-looking boots since he practically lives in these. If budget is an issue, I won't mind black shoes. No velcro old-fart shoes. Nerds have a strange penchant for those and I hate them so hard. Also, no sneakers. Boots or dress shoes. Plain with no other decorations on them.

Close-fitting black slacks. NO JEANS. And no baggy-as-heck Hot Topic pants, either. There are only the standard number of pockets, etc.

Crayola blue turtleneck sweater with a little anchor on it. I can paint or embroider the anchor if you want. Sweater can be knit or just be a turtleneck, as long as it's blue and a little loose.

Don't need the jacket but if you want it to stay warm, that's fine with me.

The hat is also optional, but preferred. I could probably find one on eBay to alter without too much difficulty. It'd be fun to have his pipe, but I'd prefer the hat if anything.

So if you think you're man enough, come captain my crew! One last thing. I hate to be a no-crossplay nazi (especially since I'd be crossplaying myself) but this is one time where the cosplayer has to be a man. Sorry, but that's a sticking point. Again, this is my pet fandom. Here's hoping I have a shot! :D

SvK
02-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Argh, don't tempt me!

Smidge
02-24-2008, 10:34 PM
PLEASE BE MY HADDOCK! You would be soooo great! I am officially begging you!

SvK
02-25-2008, 04:21 AM
You've got a wig, a beard, expertise to apply both and makeup? I just have to get some normal clothes? LET'S DO THIS THING!

Smidge
02-26-2008, 03:10 PM
I have another guy interested, too. I could have two Archies! Unless you wanted to do someone else. I think you'd be good as the Estonian pilot with the eyepatch. XD

SvK
02-27-2008, 01:24 AM
Two? That's nuts!

Karisu-sama
02-28-2008, 01:53 AM
I think you'd be good as the Estonian pilot with the eyepatch. XD
Skut! :)

...Got a Milou / Snowy? XD

('scuse me, I grew up on the Tintin books, & Asterix...)

The Hag
02-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Mille millions de mille sabords!

Sorry couldn't resist! How much would I love to see Tintin cosplay?! Too bad I'm not on the left coast. Otherwise I'd come keep you company as Tournesol. XD

Smidge
03-01-2008, 03:46 AM
The great Karisu-sama is a Tintin fan?! ^0^ I have a Snowy plushie, of course. <3 I will also have toe Ottokar Scepter if I have time to make it. <3

SvK
03-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Smidge, I sent you some private messages. You should read them.

Amidoji
03-10-2008, 10:25 AM
I'll tell her (I'm her roommate), she has been busy lately, I'm not even sure when the last time she was online was.