PDA

View Full Version : In need of X/1999 cosplayers!

cutekawaii
09-10-2002, 10:20 PM
Mmmkay, I have a reeallly good idea for an X skit (ya know, X/1999) and I need a few cosplayers. I don't know what con this will be for so you will all have time to make a costume ^.^ once I get some people that want to do it, I can see what cons 3 people can attend. I live on the east coast, so east coasters would be better. I am in need of:

Kamui
Fuma
Kikyou, or Kakyou, I forgot hahaha...i rule

I am going to be Kotori.

I want males to be Fuma and Kamui, and I'd like a male for Kikyou but it really doesn't matter. Fuma needs to be taller than the Kamui of course ^_^ I'd like all the people to be physically fit, or at least thin, especially Kikyou. There shall be dancing O_O no dancing skill required though, it's pretty basic.

The costumes are easy as hell, so there wouldn't be a whole lot of sewing and preparing. I'll supply all the props unless you want to make your own.

So if anyone wants to sign up or whatever, LEMME KNOW!!! I can tell you about the skit too, but I kinda wanna keep it on the DL.

Happy cosplaying.

Kamui Motoaki
09-10-2002, 11:48 PM
i'll think bout it ^_^
its just that i'm not sure if my buddies still wanna do a skit. . .

Rosiel
09-11-2002, 09:43 AM
> I want males to be Fuma and Kamui

Hmmm.... I've seen cross-dressers who looked better as their characters than actual men, especially since Kamui is such a femmy skinny boy. ^___^

> I'd like a male for Kikyou but it really doesn't matter.

Your comment is ironic because you don't care about Kakyou being a guy when his outfit emphasizes the hips and would be a lot harder for a girl to pull off well. (Unless you're allowing for Kakyou in his trench from the TV series)

BTW the spelling is definitely Kakyou.

khamryn
09-11-2002, 11:07 AM
Mmm... Kakyou... ::randomly replying to things today.::

::goes off to reread stack of X manga.:: need more!! they only have through 17 out~~~ ::flail::

cutekawaii
09-11-2002, 04:16 PM
Hmmm.... I've seen cross-dressers who looked better as their characters than actual men especially since Kamui is such a femmy skinny boy. ^___^

I am actually considering a girl for Kamui's part. She's the right height and is going to the same con as my prospective Fuma...plus they are boyfriend and girlfriend so there is definate chemistry XD Buuuut Kamui IS a guy, and me thinks Will would make a great Kamui if he agrees to do it (you know you want to, will...)

Your comment is ironic because you don't care about Kakyou being a guy when his outfit emphasizes the hips and would be a lot harder for a girl to pull off well.

Kakyou (ok i got the right spelling this time..thank you manga!) is a lot more femm that Kamui though o_O he is quite hippy IMO. Plus he's a lot prettier than any of the guys in X, so a girl would work well, me thinks. I want someone with grace~

Kakyou wears a trench in the manga too, BTW. I'm not sure if I want him to wear the trench or the kimono though... he IS in the dream state in the skit (which would be trench), but I think his kimono would work better... and what about his hair?? Short or long?? ARG!!!

cutekawaii
09-11-2002, 04:17 PM
they only have through 17 out~~~ ::flail::

ARG where did you find those?? I can only manage to get up to 8!!!!

khamryn
09-11-2002, 04:23 PM
I found them when I was in Japan o.o ::Can read them, pretty good at Japanese.:: u.u; but it was great cuz manga is SSOOO cheap in Japan. ::came back with a lot.:: haha

as for Kakyou.. I think he only has shortish hair when he's remembering Subaru's poor twin. ::Nods.:: So.. depends on if you want him from then or from present. ^_^ Which con would be this for btw?

Rosiel
09-11-2002, 04:51 PM
They have up to 16 in French now but I only managed to get my hands on 1-13. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You can get them in Japanese more or less anywhere. ^___^

> I think he only has shortish hair when he's remembering Subaru's poor twin.

Yes, that's true!

As for him being hippy: o_O;;;;;
He is drawn like this:

(   )
        |
  ----------
| \          /|
|  \        / |
|   \      /  |
|    |    |   |
     |    |
     |    |
     |    |
     |    |
     |    |
__       ___

ASCII "art" LMAO

khamryn
09-11-2002, 04:58 PM
>Yes, that's true!

^_^ ::cheesy grin::

lol!! go ASCII art!! hehe

its true tho.. he is draw that way. ::Could scan him, but is feeling lazy.:: on the upside i'm now 99.9% done with Touya's pants.. lol.

Rosiel
09-11-2002, 05:08 PM
> 99.9% done with Touya's pants.. lol.

Congrats!

I HATE PANTS.
Are those pants with zippers? If so any zipper tips? Mine always look like crap. X___X

khamryn
09-11-2002, 05:35 PM
>Congrats!

TY ^.^

>I HATE PANTS.
>Are those pants with zippers? If so any zipper tips? Mine always >look like crap. X___X

Me too! And uh.. no.. no tips.. @@ i just did what the pattern said to do.

cutekawaii
09-11-2002, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by khamryn
Which con would be this for btw?

Prolly Otakon. That's when the Fuma can do it, and so will Will because I am going to hypnotize him into doing it @_@

cutekawaii
09-11-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
As for him being hippy: o_O;;;;;

You could say that for ALL the males in X. Cept maybe Kusanagi. But, Kamui and Fuma both have that same form as Kakyou: wide shoulders, narrow hips/waist. It's just that Kakyou is SO MUCH prettier than Kamui or Fuma, that a tall, graceful, beautiful girl would suit just fine.

Kamui has boyish pretty looks, and Fuma looks powerful, so 2 guys would work better for them.

Rosiel
09-12-2002, 08:31 AM
> Kamui has boyish pretty looks, and Fuma looks powerful, so 2 guys would work better for them

I always found it hard to recruit males cosplayers for skits. >_< Each time I ended up planning big groups, it was all "Takarazuka Theatre". LOL

cutekawaii
09-12-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Rosiel
I always found it hard to recruit males cosplayers for skits. >_< Each time I ended up planning big groups, it was all "Takarazuka Theatre". LOL

I actually have a few guys that want to do it with me! ...ok that sounds bad ^^:; But yeah, I just need to find out what cons they go to. Hopefully all the same ones *prays* This is going pretty well so far~ Since it's not a large group I don't need to many guys anyway.

khamryn
09-12-2002, 10:34 AM
Eh hehe. ^^;; I was gonna say.. maybe I could do Kakyou for yah. Buuuttt.... I've already got 3 costumes planned for it. hahah. Kuja, KH Seph, and... uh.. i just.. forgot.. ::blinkblink:: i'll remember later. @@ ::just woke up.:: hehe.

cutekawaii
09-12-2002, 06:37 PM
Ahhh noo!!! How could I look you over, when you are right in front of me!! You'd be SUCH a great Kakyou!!!! Please consider it ;-; the costume will take no time at all~*begs*

khamryn
09-12-2002, 11:27 PM
I'll consider it.. specially cuz my hair will likely be longish anyway for Kuja and Seph (leftovers from Legolas. haha.)

^_^ ::cheesy grin.::

Garnet
09-13-2002, 11:13 AM
*mumbles* I wanna cosplay Arashi soooo much! shame I live in England hu?
Wow, I've hardly seen any X cosplayers! But I did see a damn good Hinoto once...
Remember to take lots of pwetty pics of you cosplaying Kotori!

khamryn
09-13-2002, 12:35 PM
The damn good Hinoto was probably Yaya... hehe. ^_^ She had a good Kanoe too ::nodnod::

CuteKawaii- well I'll prob regret this buuttt... I think I can do Kakyou for you. haha. ^_^

cutekawaii
09-13-2002, 10:39 PM
CuteKawaii- well I'll prob regret this buuttt... I think I can do Kakyou for you. haha. ^_^

weeeee~!!!! No you won't regret this because we will rock!!! I can send you an outline of the skit if you like~

thank you so much!!!

khamryn
09-14-2002, 01:54 AM
sure.. send away. ^_^ ::s::

Choice
09-14-2002, 05:27 AM
oh so this is what you were talking about.

khamryn
09-14-2002, 12:25 PM
>oh so this is what you were talking about.

huh? who? what?

cutekawaii
09-14-2002, 11:54 PM
huh? who? what?

i had asked him to be kamui, then he saw the thread.

khamryn
09-15-2002, 02:33 AM
ohhh. ^_^ haha

DJ(SiC)ness
09-16-2002, 10:45 PM
Im doing a sorata costum. I want to talk some of my new friends into cosplay as othere x people .

I mean what good is sorata without Arashi?

And i got this great idea for a skit.