PDA

View Full Version : Haruko cosplay, shackle?

Ziggy_Lovechild
02-25-2008, 04:02 PM
ok, so I think I already asked for some advice on the haruko cosplay topic, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for making her wrist cuff/shackle thing?

I live in the North Country and have very limited sources
I have a Lowes, a WalMart and a Micheals
and that's about it.

any suggestions would be appreciated.
thanks.

bandXaided
02-25-2008, 09:44 PM
slap bracelets- easy, simple, comfortable.

CreepyUncleLee
02-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Go to loews and look around for things that snap,like pipe connectors,you'll have to make it as big as a duct tape roll,try to finish off a roll of duct tape(make a purse,tie,wallet,or even a skirt) then just go to micheals and get fun foam and build from there,you can use heat on the fun foam(search the forums on how to use fun foam,craft foam and memory foam,all which are the same thing) and ask someone at micheals about how to make the squares useing molds if you dont like the way fun foam make squares,then after you heat it right and make the squares and details.

okay fun foam is cheaper but you can take that cardboard duct tape roll,put rigid wrap(kinda like the stuff they use for arm/leg casts) or paper clay(which can get sharp if it drys at a perfect edge,which can happen easily,granted i was useing it to make a sword,but still)
then add some plaster and add details
then add some gesso or painter's enamel or maybe liquid nails (a few coats to make it smooth.
then get Rub N Buff from micheals,should be in the vase area,it'll give it a mettalic look,go for light iron or dirty silver.There is also Red fabric on the interior,so you can make it soft with your choice of red fabric,lol.

(actually everything can be found at micheals,but still talk to them,just say its for a comic book costume and it has to look semi real)

go to veoh and just get screencaps of FLCL

go to myspace.com/creepyunclelee in like a week or something and i should have a link to my livejournal where i will be posting blogs on how i found out how to make armor and props,and a blog of links to cosplay tutorials websites i've read,lol.
i'll PM you my pics of her bracelet later on,i'm at skool right now so yeah,blocked internet is blocked
XD dont pay attention to the top paragraph on rambleings of pipe connectors at lowes and fun foam(god i almost started talking about wonderflex too,lol) cuz i am a rambler and currently i am a new cosplay constructor gaining experience and i am trying to figure out how to make Haruko's shackle look real and snap on and off yet look seamless,i'm probably gunna make mine outta metal sheeting and peices of metal useing a soldering tool
O.O
i want to make them for $8 and sell them for $12,but it'll proabably come out to $15 to make and $20 to $25 to sell,cr@p huh?

AH must stop the ADD rambleing!

http://www.animepaper.net/gallery/wallpapers/FLCL/item17030/

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1409564/

you could use the aluminum sheeting tubes at micheals in the embossing aisle,jewelery type stuff

mkz
02-27-2008, 04:16 PM
Not to advertise, but if you look at my link and under accessories, there are shackles ;) ack dont kill me if thats not allowed :x

But yeah, most of the time making it yourself is cheaper, but not all the time ;)

Ziggy_Lovechild
02-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Not to advertise, but if you look at my link and under accessories, there are shackles ;) ack dont kill me if thats not allowed :x

But yeah, most of the time making it yourself is cheaper, but not all the time ;)

no, that's fine :)
any help is greatly appreciated, not to mention, I need other accesories anyway, and that site is really good,

thanks guys:chatah:

FireStarterRay
02-27-2008, 07:25 PM
im doing a haruko costume too!!! im making my shackle from info off a friend, if you want i could make you on too for like 15 USD?