PDA

View Full Version : Puffy sleeves and an FMA question

LadyUranus
02-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Two questions:

1. I have an already finished Ouran dress uniform but the sleeves don't puff up without help. I tried stuffing some taffeta in there but it was scratchy. Interfacing didn't seem to work either. Help?

2. I looked at the excellent FMA uniform tutorial posted here but I'm rather terrified to attempt a jacket without a pattern. Supposedly there's a Burda pattern that's close. Does anyone know what number it is? I'm a stickler for being correct, despite my lack of skills, so I want something very similar to the uniform.

Thanks!

LadyHawke78
02-27-2008, 12:10 PM
PM coscom user aliknyankochan.
She made my jacket, and can PROBABLY recall the pattern number. Hopefully.
(DON'T KILL ME, ALIK!!)

:D

Seiyora
02-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Hm... I made the Ouran girls' uniform, too, and my sleeves are only semi-poofy >.> (Pics in gallery) It looks alright so I haven't made much attempt to fluff 'em up further, but if that's what you're aiming for I'd recommend going to a fabric store and throwing yourself at the mercy of a clerk ^^; They're usually pretty good at their jobs and know what they're doing, so it can't hurt to ask for advice. (It's probably too late to be of much use, but I went with McCall's Costumes M4948. I used view E, though A has the kind of poofy sleeves you're looking for.)