PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Gijinka Cosplay

Technoir
02-28-2008, 07:16 AM
This section is so dead! I can't be the only one already planning for Oni-Con!

Okay, so I'm sure everyone knows about the big Pokemon Gijinka craze going around right now. If not, it's basically human versions of Pokemon with clothing and hair based on their original forms.

- Main source of the designs. (http://www4.atwiki.jp/hitec/)
- Photobucket with most of them. (http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/rkogurl44/Pokemon/Gijinka%20PKMN/)
- Rapidshare with all of them! (http://rapidshare.com/files/94940998/gijinka_pokemon_2008_01_31.rar.html)

Of course, no one's limited to those designs, nor do you have to stick strictly to the drawing. Feel free to modify/create your own design!

Anyway, anyone want to jump in on this? I'll keep a running list of who's doing what.

Pokemon:
002 - Ivysaur - C.C.
005 - Charmeleon - Kikala
009 - Blastoise - CreepyUncleLee
013 - Weedle - Dragonmaster043's cousin
038 - Ninetails - RavenSkies
052 - Meowth - Hopie-chan
059 - Arcanine - Martha
106 - Hitmonlee - Beansalad + Sam
123 - Scyther - Knightfall
129 - Magikarp (shiny) - David
143 - Snorlax - daldias
144 - Articuno - Broken Zebra
150 - Mewtwo - Jonobi
151 - Mew - Anna
154 - Meganium - Arei
157 - Typhlosion - Dragonmaster043
183 - Marill - yuffie-star
267 - Beautifly - wiltingflower
311 + 312 - Plusle & Minun - Shinobi_Misa & Friend
315 - Roselia - HeeHee
350 - Milotic - lolitatronic
359 - Absol - PiroInTexas
380 + 381 - Latias & Latios - Korovyev & diabeticboi
386 - Deoxys - Shinobi_Misa
446 - Munchlax - Randimaru-chan
462 - Magnezone - Amaya De'Morte
470 - Leafeon - SchizoIori
471 - Glaceon - Cat-Chan~
483 - Dialga (victorian) - Daldias
484 - Palkia (victorian) - Daldias' friend

Kikala
02-28-2008, 06:25 PM
I'll probably either do Shinx or Luxio with ya... not sure of which one yet... but one of them... I keep thinking someone is doing one but not the other.

Either way I'll probably have some others too, like Charmeleon. -dances-
But yeah... I can't wait to do these. <3

Technoir
02-29-2008, 08:50 AM
I don't think anyone around here is doing either one. That I know of, anyway. D8 Do whichever one you want, you'll rock whichever one you chose. (Though I think I like Luxio's design more than Shinx, personally. :X $.02.)

I went ahead and added you to the list as Shinx/Luxio and as Charmeleon. Lemme know if you end up doing EVEN MOAR. I can't wait either, haha. Hopefully you, me, and Josh don't end up being the only ones. XD (Knock on wood.)

Madara-sama
03-01-2008, 09:38 AM
I'd totally do Munchlax :D But alas, probably not until Oni-con.

Technoir
03-01-2008, 01:54 PM
I'd totally do Munchlax :D But alas, probably not until Oni-con.

Well, this thread IS kind of for Oni-Con. XD So should I put you down?

Hee-Hee
03-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Sweet action! My sister and I are doing Roseli and Meowth for Anime Matsuri, but I know we'll wear them again or do another outfit for Onicon. :3 Hope we can be part of the group with you guys!

Madara-sama
03-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Well, this thread IS kind of for Oni-Con. XD So should I put you down?

DOH! I'm not used to being on forums for a con that's after the next one n_n; So I'm juggling being on the A-kon forum and the Oni-con one now. But yes, put me down as being Munchlax. Also, my friend is doing Snorlax (put him down as "daldias" for his name).

Technoir
03-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Sweet action! My sister and I are doing Roseli and Meowth for Anime Matsuri, but I know we'll wear them again or do another outfit for Onicon. :3 Hope we can be part of the group with you guys!

Oh, awesome! Your sister is Hopie-chan, yes? I went ahead and put you both down for those two, but let me know if you guys end up deciding to do something different. 8D You're more than welcome, of course! The more the merrier!

DOH! I'm not used to being on forums for a con that's after the next one n_n; So I'm juggling being on the A-kon forum and the Oni-con one now. But yes, put me down as being Munchlax. Also, my friend is doing Snorlax (put him down as "daldias" for his name).

Hahaha, no problem, I was mostly just teasing you. XD I totally understand. I put you both down!

CoolKidMitch
03-03-2008, 03:43 AM
This is Mitch, or Beansalad. I'll be doing Hitmonlee, but I am going to have it at Anime Matsuri. I might have another pokemanz done for Oni but i am not sure yet

Farasha
03-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Awwwwwwww, if I were going to be able to make it to Oni-con this year I would totally be in. Unfortunately I'll be on the opposite end of the country :(

Cat-Chans
03-03-2008, 06:11 PM
I am going to be doing Glaceon for SOME convention, I actually am putting together a rather large group now and we're trying to decide between A-kon, Afest, or Oni

so I'll have the costume by Oni for sure.

Lady Saea
03-04-2008, 12:06 PM
I'll probably do Mewtwo. :D

C.C.
03-04-2008, 12:58 PM
I'll be do Ivysaur, and since I'm part of that group Cat-chan talked about, I will also have mine done by oni. ^^

Arei
03-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Ooooo I am doing Meganium~

Technoir
03-05-2008, 03:01 AM
WHOA. THIS THREAD EXPLODED. I wasn't expecting this many people this soon. You guys are awesome!

I updated the first post.

Beansalad, let me know if you end up changing to another Pokaymanz and I will change it for you!

Farasha, that's too bad. :(

Cat-Chan~, when you get all of your hueg group together, let me know and I'll add them as well. 8D

Also, maybe when the con gets closer, we can make this into a full-blown gathering. Since it already appears there will be a whooooole lot of people.

Broken Zebra
03-05-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm for sure going as something for Oni-Con, but I have yet to decide on which. So far, I'm torn between Arbok or Chatot. So count me in! I'll let you know who soon as I stop being indecisive. X_x

Cat-Chans
03-07-2008, 08:26 PM
We decided to have them all done by A-fest, but I'm sure a lot of them will wear them again for Oni too.

Lady Saea
03-09-2008, 09:16 PM
SchizoIori said she will be doing Leafeon (forgot the number).

Dragonmaster043
03-11-2008, 01:48 AM
OOO!!! i wanna do either umbreon or typhlosion!!!

Broken Zebra
03-14-2008, 05:40 PM
Ah, I live in Michigan, so I might not be able to make AFest. Either way, I'm going with #144 Articuno. ^_^

RavenSkies
03-14-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm planning a ninetails cosplay for anime-fest so go ahead and put me down for onicon as well. i'm so excited for this! woot!

Knightfall
03-18-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm thinking you can put me down for Scyther.

Technoir
03-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Okay, first post is updated! Let me know if I've forgotten anyone.

Man, the con is a good seven months away, and we already have sixteen people (not counting duplicates). This is pretty amazing, guys!

Dragonmaster043 - I put you down for both, so just let me know which one you end up doing, and I'll fix the first post again.

wiltingflower
03-19-2008, 01:40 AM
I'd just like to say, as a huge Pokemon fangirl, this is quiet possibly my dream come true. Pokemon cosplay en masse FTW! :D

I'm still really indecisive, but put me down for Beautifly. It helps that it's easy and I already have a tennis racket! She's 267.

If I change it at all, it would be to Drifblim, but I don't think I'll have that kind of time to make it. So pretty, though.

korov
03-19-2008, 01:48 AM
Put me down for Xatu, #178.

eeee! I'm very excited about this and can't wait to see all the cute Pokemon at Oni-con!

I hope there's at least one trainer around. It would be hilarious if they ran around the con trying to capture all the Gijinka.

Kikala
03-19-2008, 01:57 AM
I hope there's at least one trainer around. It would be hilarious if they ran around the con trying to capture all the Gijinka.

lol, seriously, we should have like a kind of bingo type game going on throughout the con... haha, that would be incredibly random and funny.

Also, I've decided to do Luxio out of the two. Cause I kinda like his outfit a bit better. XP

yuffie-star
03-19-2008, 02:43 AM
I will most likely be making Treeko. The only thing that really bothers me is the big tail. -_- I don't know what number it is...

Dragonmaster043
03-20-2008, 09:54 PM
i decided im doin typhloshion and my my little cousin is doin weedle with me!:rockon:

korov
03-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Actually....I just showed these to my cosplay partner in crime, and we're going to do Latios and Latias. Hooray for stretchy vinyl!

Madara-sama
03-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Hmm...a slight update on our cosplays. Daldias is no longer doing Snorlax and I am no longer doing Munchlax. He is doing Dialga, Victorian-style. I am now doing Arceus, Victorian-style.

I'm not sure which element I'm doing, though.

By the way, 100th post (a bit late, though)!

yuffie-star
03-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Screw Treeko! I'll be making Marill.

Kazukii
03-26-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm planning to attend the con.
As far as which Gijinka I'll be doing is still up in the air though.
I'm working on Luxray atm, but I'm not sure if I'll wear it again for this group. I might try to have Palkia, or Sandslash. Or another different one. Not sure. I'll finalize later on. XD

lolitatronic
03-30-2008, 07:38 PM
I'll be doing Milotic. :)

Kung_Fu_Candy
04-03-2008, 11:07 PM
I'll do Deoxys! <3

A friend and I are doing Plusle and Minun for AnimeFEST, so we might bring those along too!

PiroInTexas
04-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Hey there. I am not sure which I will be doing yet but it will probably be Darkrai or Absol. I also have a group of friends concidering doing a few. I'll be sure to post when they make a descison as to which they choose.

CreepyUncleLee
04-09-2008, 01:52 PM
BLASTOISE!!
i'd really like to do this one,yet i dont want to do the design i found on photobucket,he's too skinny,young,and too similar to gurren lagann anime,theres at least 4 i saw that looked like they were based off of someone's current favorite anime character,lol.
maybe nidoking,idk.
I mean no matter which one i choose i have to make it fit my size
6ft1,260pounds,suit top blazer size is a 53 so very broad shoulder,i'm big yet chunky,like a football player in the off season,lol.
so i figured blastoise was the perfect one for me,but i cant help but want to turn it into a more realistic or not even a gijinka cosplay,which is weird,idk i am rambleing now,my bad.

if you have any suggestions or ideas for thick boned big pokemon Gijinkas please tell me,i could use some help,lol. i can make most armor types and fabric paints,i'm taking it as one of my main costumes so yeah,lol,i wont go cheap on it.

Madara-sama
04-10-2008, 10:29 AM
I've switched from Arceus to Darkrai, since the person who was gonna do Darkrai seems to have lost contact with us :(

PiroInTexas
04-18-2008, 11:30 AM
It is official. We have a small group who will be participating.
Ernest - has yet to choose his pokemon
Colin - Yet to decide
David - Choosing between Magicarp and Mr Mime (He wants to be the 'lame' pokemon)
Sam - Hitmonlee (Scyther if he gets the chance / time)
Anna - Mew
Martha - Arcanine
Me - Absol

Madara-sama
04-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Go ahead and put down a Haunter, too.

Technoir
04-21-2008, 12:08 AM
Whoa. Sorry, I sorta hadn't been keeping track of any Oni-Con threads. D8 Had no idea this one had become so popular! That's a very good thing! I'm glad to see so much interest this early on!

EDIT: I -think- I'm all done editing. I didn't list anyone who was still deciding what they're doing, but other than that, let me know if I somehow missed you!

CreepyUncleLee! I looked through the designs again, and the big ones I saw that were super revealing were:

112 - Rhydon
306 - Aggron
430 - Hunchcrow

... not a lot. :/ That said, though, there are quite a few of the designs that you could probably modify to fit your body type!

PiroInTexas
04-23-2008, 04:20 PM
We now also have
David - Shining Margicarp
This has lead the rest of us in our group trying to decide if we will attempt ot make our cosplays 'shiny' versions of the other pokemon as well.

Daldias
04-23-2008, 04:45 PM
i wanna do the aggron it looks epic ^_^ , and i use them alot in my deck. i'll just stick with my victorian dialga, also put down that there is goign to be a victorian palkia there too

Kazukii
04-26-2008, 07:37 PM
BLASTOISE!!
if you have any suggestions or ideas for thick boned big pokemon Gijinkas please tell me,i could use some help,lol. i can make most armor types and fabric paints,i'm taking it as one of my main costumes so yeah,lol,i wont go cheap on it.

Some of the bigger ones I've seen are
- Feraligatr
You'd just need to change the design up a bit. Yellow pants/ blue top.
- Aggron
But looks like it'd be taking quite some time. XD
- Electivire

Madara-sama
04-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Due to our Palkia dropping her costume, we won't have Haunter, Dialga, or Darkrai at Oni-con. We will, however, have Gijinka at A-kon 20.

juumou
05-06-2008, 01:40 PM
I touched up my Luxio gijinka from Katsucon, and am doing it at Fanime!

Amaya De'Morte
05-13-2008, 10:03 PM
I'll be doing

462: Magnezone

since I'll have it for afest, I'll have it at oni for sure, lol

Technoir
08-07-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm going to go ahead and bump this, since it's been a few months.

For the record, I'm not going to be able to go my Gijinka cosplay any more. But I will keep up with the thread and keep the first post updated for the rest of you guys.

On that note, though, how's everyone doing with their costumes? Please let me know if you've changed your mind, or if you'd like to be added to the list, and I'll update it asap!

eri x core
08-13-2008, 11:30 AM
I plan on doing Shinx and my boyfriend will be Togetic.
Not for sure yet though.

Tashiji
09-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Count me in as Starmie, I suppose.

Amaya De'Morte
09-10-2008, 03:35 AM
I'm beginning tot hink I'm never gonna get a gijinka done.. Not going to have this for afest now. T.T

vg_goddess02
09-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Aw, man, too bad I have my schedule already planned out, I would love to partake in this T-T. Maybe I could cut one and join the fun! Or if this is done at another con, do it then :3

I will certainly be stopping by and taking pics though XD *assuming there's a photoshoot*