PDA

View Full Version : J-rock seeks anime insight!

Chi
06-12-2003, 09:14 PM
Hey everyone. ^^ Considering the other J-rock thread is more of a debate, I'm seeking insight from anime fans who either attended this year, or plan to attend next year in 2004.

I was part of Anime Boston's J-rock Panel. I plan to be part of it again, next year. So, I was curious as to what non J-rock regulars were interested in seeing? (We had a small laptop playing videos...) Are there bands you've heard about that you would like to see the videos for? Does a j-rock Karaoke interest people?

Also, from the looks of it, J-rock has it's own seperate masquerade. Would you guys be interested in coming to see a J-rock masquerade?

Because I'm a j-rock fan, I know I'm interested in all these things. I want to know if anime fans are interested, and if so, what they're interested in seeing. So many people were at our panel, so I'm hoping some of them are on this forum, so I can find out what our panel lacked, and what we can do to improve it.

number18
06-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Hmm...I would say that video thing is a good idea. Simply giving people who are curious about J-rock a chance to listen to music, see the videos and maybe discover that Mana is really a guy (he is, right?) seems good enough to me. Gossip and music. ^_^ Heh...

Chi
06-14-2003, 12:43 AM
Yup. ^^ He's a guy. You can see his little manly nipple in 1 or 2 costumes.... That's what we want right now. Possibly some live concerts like hide, or etc, as well as some j-pop like Shiina Ringo mixed in with it. Right now, alot of it is depending on how much support people show for these events.

A lot of fans would like to see a karaoke, as well as the video room, so the more anime fans who we can et interested in these events, the better.

number18
06-14-2003, 07:00 PM
=suddenly goes into a drooling, zombie-liek state=

.............did you say shiina ringo...?

What I wouldn't give to go to a concert of hers or just meet her even... o,o;

Kaede
06-17-2003, 03:13 PM
I second the PV/live viewing. But I have to say that I didn't feel left out as a jrock cosplayer--we all managed to meet eachother sometime during the con--but I think if people want to see a change in the schedule then a viewing would be more effective than a panel. We can always just hang out, talk and do photos before and after the alotted time.

Ametenshi
06-17-2003, 05:13 PM
Hehe, and what a sexy man Mana is....::drooling all over the keyboard:: o.o; Yes, J-Rock videos are good, very good ^^; I have a couple too, that I could bring in and I'm sure that others who want to attend it could bring in theirs too...

Kaede
06-18-2003, 12:25 AM
If anyone's thinking of being Kyo or Totchi next year, you better watch out, I'm in the mood for some yaoi moments ^_- ((senseless spamming))