PDA

View Full Version : Iori costume help

Young Vivi
09-11-2002, 02:42 AM
i need a good amount of help designing this costume, so i may not only look like Iori from the KoF games but have his expression too. i need to know how to make his pants, shirt, hair is not a problem, and if i am missing anything could you let me know, plz?:skidude:

arisuchan
09-11-2002, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure how much of a help this is going to be, but i helped a friend with this costume. Basically what he did is bought everything and then altered it to look right. I mean the costume is bascially generic clothing just a little out of the ordinary. I helped with the jacket portion. He bought a jacket at goodwill and I shortened it and added the moon on the back. It looks good and he's worn it to two consnow *^^*

Daala
09-11-2002, 11:46 AM
Red duct tape makes a great strap for the pants. His pants are not leather as most would think, they're cotton. Called bondage pants, I saw some look-alikes without the straps at Traget a while back. But if you want an idea what they look like, check out "Hot Topic" ( I dunno if you have that store around, but they have a site)
The shirt, try a "French Cuff" dress shirt.
My cousin did a "goth/black" version of Iori and he got a girls dress jacket, which worked really well.

I hope this help ya out.. ^_^

Young Vivi
09-11-2002, 03:37 PM
sounds interesting enough. would the shirt be a black and a white one?

Daala
09-11-2002, 03:59 PM
White shirt .... I'll post my cousins (so last min, outfit) photo so you can see it >>>don't mind the leather pants (http://www.kitoutpost.com/main_site/otakon2k1/photos/images/iori_chris2_jpg.jpg)

we made this the night before the con, just to give you an idea. With more time you can do better.. :crylaugh:

Young Vivi
09-11-2002, 04:01 PM
ok. i get it now.

Scoti
09-11-2002, 04:51 PM
..red duct tape? O_o;; I don't know if that's such a good idea it would spread the sticky parts all over the pants plus if it was warm humid day it would unstick...I just used red fabric that matched the pants .... Oh a lot of people forget about the gold ring on his left middle finger
my example (http://images.cosplay.com/data/500/270cosplay7.jpg)

..I didn't even know there was such a thing as red duct tape lol
I guess it still could work to cut down on sewing

Young Vivi
09-11-2002, 06:18 PM
ah ok. ill use red fabric for the pants or just buy red pants, lol.

~TC~
09-11-2002, 07:06 PM
hey how come nobody does his alternate costume?

Young Vivi
09-11-2002, 07:10 PM
i dont know

Shima-Mizu
09-11-2002, 08:45 PM
www.hottopic.com i think is the site...they sell lots of nice bondage pants

Young Vivi
09-12-2002, 01:39 AM
what color is iori's pants when he is psycho??

makio
09-12-2002, 06:00 AM
My friend cosplayed Iori (while I was Kyo from KOF'99) and used a thick banded dog leash bonded to the knees of the red pants worn. As for the white shirt...any white long sleeved dress shirt should work. "Extra style points" if you can find one with a long collar and V sided cut on the hips. As for the jacket, you could probably buy one cheap from a Thrift store (Salvation Army, Thriftko, Wal-Mart) and cut out a white iron-on patch of a crescent moon to place on the back. The crimson hair...well, if you're like my friend and simply adore your hair; then just buy a inexpensive wig from Spencer's.

Lastly, Orochi Iori's red pants are a couple grades darker than the normal. As previously mentioned, you might be able to find the bondage pants from Hot Topic or similar clothing shops.

Daala
09-12-2002, 08:15 AM
We only used duct tape, cuz it was a last min outfit, and it was hot that day.
Someone really needs to do his striker outfit ^_^, I'm trying to get my cousin to go as Miss X....heh

Scoti
09-14-2002, 08:46 PM
I've only see one other person do an alt. Iori but nobody recognized him ...in fact I hardly got recognized in my original costume and I was surprised at how many people don't know of Iori at all despite the fact he is the best character SNK (R.I.P) has ever come up with

Young Vivi
09-15-2002, 04:54 AM
amen to that