PDA

View Full Version : WoW Succubus Help

thesingingllama
03-02-2008, 05:52 PM
I play World of Warcraft on and off. Mainly using other peoples accounts so that I don't end up spending hours playing when I should be doing my homework. That said, I have had many characters, most of them getting a little past level 20. I have always been interested by the succubus and laughed when I read that it was supposed to be a turn off to female players. I have a guy friend that said he would be a Warlock if I did a Succubus costume. Double plus because he could help me avoid being harassed too much.

Anyway, I've been over at the crossplayers forum reading about how to make boobs. I'm naturally a 32A, so I have some to work with, but nowhere near succubus level.

I've seen so many awful costumes that I really want to make a good one. I am considering making my own bustier because at my size it is hard enough to find a strapless bra let alone a bustier that is suitable. I am probably going to use kwik sew 3166 (http://kwiksew.com/Catalog/cat_detail.cfm?pid=3166) Maybe alter it a little so that the boob cups come up into a more rounded shape and alter the bottom to be more straight across. Also the more rounded cup will help avoid nipple slippage with all that padding in there. I just ordered a bunch of samples from spandexworld.com so that I could see the texture, stretch, and paintability of the fabrics they offer, then buy one.
I will make bottoms out of corresponding fabric of the top. Gauntlets, too.

For the legs, I have an idea of how I want to make them. But one of my friends thinks they should be furry. I think they are more scaly and another friend says they are fleashy/leathery. Which are they?
For the hooves I want to do something like this (scroll down) (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=207471.0), but better. Probably with wedges instead of cut off heels so that my weight will be displaced forward onto the glued on hoof, but still have the volume of succubus hooves. Of course, a split in the front.

For the upper legs, would diluted fabric paint on flesh tights be my best bet? Of course I would get someone else to help with this.

bullwhip-store bought. Ears- store bought, any advice on which ears to get that would be the most inexpensive? i have a wig from my last costume, it just needs to be detangled and trimmed.

For the eyes, I saw one girl online that had blue contacts. It looked amazing and I'm interested in doing the same thing. One friend suggested the glow in blacklight rave contacts. Are these uncomfortable? Would I be better off getting something else to go over my brown eyes?

For the horns, I'm doing a prototype right now with paper mache and white floral foam carved into shape.

For the wings I was thinking maybe something based off these wings (http://www.vilethings.com/skeleton_marionette_wings.htm), but maybe a little simpler.

For the tail, it seems pretty simple, but I want it to look a little more lifelike than a stuffed tube of fabric. Any suggestions?

thesingingllama
03-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Ok, so I tried making the horns out of floral foam and paper mache, but it turned out too difficult to make them look how I want. Would model magic work? it seems light weight, is there a way to make the horns hollow with model magic?

Also would it look better if I did the legs like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JeJ1LimPAk
I think it would be around the same comfort level as heels, but look cooler.

Allegracov
08-11-2011, 11:00 PM
I just made my horns from model magic. Cheap, light-weight, and easily sculptable into any shape. And easy to paint with acrylics!

Tonksie
08-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Model magic is super light-weight and fairly easy to sculpt, though I had issues with getting a completely smooth texture as it's got kind of a foamy texture. I used it for my draenei horns. Depending on the size of the horns, I'm not sure you would need to make them hollow as it's really light, but if you wanted to, you would need a frame inside.

Another option would be to try Kamui's method of expanding foam. Apparently that's SUPER light and really easy to carve.

Aleze
08-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Original post is from 2008. I'm sure that she doesn't need advice anymore.